Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1850

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1172

  • FreeBaGeL

    1042

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

4 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

PPR dynasty league

My L Murray, 2021 3rd

His T Boyd

Edit - neither of us has Kamara

 

Wow. I dealt John Brown for L Murray about two weeks ago. This is a great get on Boyd and an enormous overpay for Murray. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

I would take Breida over Murray. Dumping Boyd for an aging backup running back makes no sense.

Theres 16 total teams trying to get to Breida, eight of which could use a solid rb2 at least.  His auction price is going to be extremely overvalued.  But yeah, I fleeced him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who won this trade?

Team A: gave MIKE Evans +3rd 2021

Team B:  gave TYLER BOYD + Zach moss+ 1st 2021.

I was TEAM A and got Boyd,moss and 1st 

Im having traders remorse or something like that lol

please let me know

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Fantasy Chef said:

Who won this trade?

Team A: gave MIKE Evans +3rd 2021

Team B:  gave TYLER BOYD + Zach moss+ 1st 2021.

I was TEAM A and got Boyd,moss and 1st 

Im having traders remorse or something like that lol

please let me know

Puzzle for puzzle pieces. Give me the puzzle (Evans).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Fantasy Chef said:

Who won this trade?

Team A: gave MIKE Evans +3rd 2021

Team B:  gave TYLER BOYD + Zach moss+ 1st 2021.

I was TEAM A and got Boyd,moss and 1st 

Im having traders remorse or something like that lol

please let me know

Evans is the best player in this deal so I’ve me him. I don’t see Zach Moss as very valuable so this is a random 1st and Boyd for Evans, which I can see both sides but definitely prefer the proven stud

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Fantasy Chef said:

Who won this trade?

Team A: gave MIKE Evans +3rd 2021

Team B:  gave TYLER BOYD + Zach moss+ 1st 2021.

I was TEAM A and got Boyd,moss and 1st 

Im having traders remorse or something like that lol

please let me know

I will take the Evans side here...he is a top 10 WR (and I am not sure why a #3 needed to be added in by the way)...I see what you did here but everything you got back has an if tied to it...Boyd is a solid WR and if Burrow is legit he could go the next level...Moss is intriguing and if Singletary goes down he could really produce but right now I just don't see a scenario other then that where he is a guy to be building this deal around...getting a #1 is nice if it ends up high and you hit on in...you basically added depth but lessened your starting line-up and if Brady and Evans hit it off you could really regret this deal...I like both Boyd and Moss but they just don't have the upside for what you are giving up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m probably a little bit more intrigued by shenault than most are and I would take slayton. Slayton doesn’t have the injury history, has established rapport with Jones and I don’t expect shenault to put up the numbers slayton did as a rookie. Shenault and slayton both have high ceilings imo. With what slayton showed in the nfl I believe odds are he has a better chance of reaching his ceiling than shenault. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bmsarvis said:

I’m probably a little bit more intrigued by shenault than most are and I would take slayton. Slayton doesn’t have the injury history, has established rapport with Jones and I don’t expect shenault to put up the numbers slayton did as a rookie. Shenault and slayton both have high ceilings imo. With what slayton showed in the nfl I believe odds are he has a better chance of reaching his ceiling than shenault. 

A person's approach to this trade basically depends on how much importance they place on draft capital and college prospect profiles. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmsarvis said:

I’m probably a little bit more intrigued by shenault than most are and I would take slayton. Slayton doesn’t have the injury history, has established rapport with Jones and I don’t expect shenault to put up the numbers slayton did as a rookie. Shenault and slayton both have high ceilings imo. With what slayton showed in the nfl I believe odds are he has a better chance of reaching his ceiling than shenault. 

I don’t think either has a high ceiling.  I think we’ve seen Slayton’s best.  I’m not actually sure if Shenault will ever reach what Slayton has already done.  I suppose he could.  I suppose he could one up him, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Fantasy Chef said:

Is chase Claypool and AJ Dillon worth a 2021 1st rounder? Projected middle of the round leaning to back end. 
 

Thanks for help

I would not touch that...Claypool could be good but he has to have a lot go right to be fantasy relevant...Dillon is in a RBBC this year and unless he turns into Henry and Green Bay gets a lot more conservative I don't see him becoming a "primary" back...if you are gonna deal a #1 I think you can do a lot better.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 10:25 PM, JohnnyU said:

I don’t think either has a high ceiling.  I think we’ve seen Slayton’s best.  I’m not actually sure if Shenault will ever reach what Slayton has already done.  I suppose he could.  I suppose he could one up him, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.

Why do you think we've seen Slayton's best?  I would venture to guess 90%+ of players improve their 2nd year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boston said:

I would not touch that...Claypool could be good but he has to have a lot go right to be fantasy relevant...Dillon is in a RBBC this year and unless he turns into Henry and Green Bay gets a lot more conservative I don't see him becoming a "primary" back...if you are gonna deal a #1 I think you can do a lot better.

I'd pay it but it seems I'm way higher on both these players than consensus. I guess I do see Dillon becoming a primary back and to me Claypool is the most underrated WR (apart from maybe Duvernay) in this draft. Both might be first rounders in weaker drafts IMO. 2 shots at a high level player vs 1 sounds good to me, especially if the pick is later (although I wouldn't assume this).

It's tricky because there's just so much we don't know. It's conceivable to me that they'd each be worth a first this time next year and you'd rather have them than the pick. Equally, they could both have minimal opportunity now and start slow. Even if that's the case though, they are both only being drafted in the mid-late 2nd currently (maybe even later for Claypool?) so I wouldn't see them losing much, if any value. Ultimately, I'm not one who cares much about market value (within reason). If you want a player, go after them and be comfortable with maybe 'losing' a trade to get them on your team, as long as you're not getting completely crushed in the deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Patiently waiting for some Kenyan Drake trades.

He fits in one of those categories where those who own him want more than those who don't wants to give.   I still believe there is a certain amount of uncertainty surrounding Drake in the minds of non-Drake owners, but would like to have him at a good price.  I must say the analysis of him in the Drake thread was pretty compelling and my uneasy feelings about Drake may be unfounded.  I am starting to get sweet on him, but he is older for a dynasty RB.  His value in a redraft is a lot higher than in dynasty IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, robb said:

A rather big trade:

Team Maroon trades: Josh Jacobs &    
   Preston Williams

Team Blue trades: Calvin Ridley & Devin  
   Singletary

Thoughts? One side wins or even trade?

 

Jacobs and the Unicorn

ETA totally fair though

Edited by barackdhouse
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 10:54 PM, thriftyrocker said:

12 team full ppr start qb, 2 rb, 2-3 wr, 1-2 te, d, k

Julio, Ertz, Sea DST

for

M Evans, OJ Howard, Z Moss

At first glance I read this as Julie Ertz.

I would take the Evans side of this deal due mainly to 4 year age gap between him and Julio.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 8:05 PM, RushHour said:

A person's approach to this trade basically depends on how much importance they place on draft capital and college prospect profiles. 

You're not wrong.  I think most on this board would favor the Shenault side because there are quite a few amateur scouts around here.  He was a devy darling a few years ago, injury kind of had some writing him off, and he slipped in drafts creating some sort of value, but the upside is clearly there.  With that said he plays way different than Slayton who is a more vertical threat.  Each is adjusting their games to the pro's.  Slayton adding bulk, high point ability and open field ability, Shenault adding quickness, health, and speed to become a vertical threat.  Usually the player without vertical speed isn't really expected to be faster and be the deep threat, but the player with elite speed can add more to their game.  Slayton is a really weird one to me.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Why doesn’t Slayton have upside?

Fair question. I probably overstated the difference. I think Slay's success was largely a function of Tate, Shepard and Engram each missing a huge chunk of the season. Low draft capitol. Low BMI. Not a lot of balls to share with anyone along with Barkley, Tate, Shepard, and Engram if they are mostly healthy. But he had a lot of breakaway plays with a hot and cold rookie QB and whie not dominant, he provided a spark. I should have said that I think Shenault's physical attributes give him a better chance to be a star, but either can be solid starters for their teams or invisible 2 years down the road. I'll still take Shenault.    🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slayton and Shenault could arrive at roughly equal end-of-year numbers but get there in different ways.

Shenault (this year anyway) seems like a guy to get you a middling number of points each and every week.

Slayton, like last year, will be more up and down.

So dealer's choice on which you prefer. Me, I don't like chasing points like with Slayton (in fact, I traded him straight up to get Zack Moss).

Here's a snippet from an article:
 

Quote

When Evan Engram was on the field. Darius Slayton averaged six fewer targets a game. In fact, Slayton saw a significant decrease in all statistical categories with Engram healthy.

Given that Slayton is the tallest of the three wide receivers (6-1), he assumed more of a tight end role for the offense. He also assumed more targets and ran more short to intermediate routes without their star tight end (as indicated by his yards per reception).

With Engram fully healthy, Slayton will have a hard time getting enough targets to be fantasy relevant. His yards per reception will surely go up, but with so many options for Daniel Jones, Slayton will be too volatile for fantasy owners in 2020. 

 

Edited by Andy Dufresne
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zealots PPR IDP

Gave: Jonnu Smith, Late 2021 3rd

Got: Mid 2021 2nd

 

Starting TE is Fant and even though Smith is a hot name now, he's actually played a lot the last couple years and hasn't really set the world on fire. Plus I need some earlier picks next year (had no 1st or 2nd picks) and to free up some roster space. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

For reference, I offered Slayton for Shenault in a non-ppr IDP Zealots league and was turned down cold.

Of course, Zealots players are getting worse at trading all the time, IMO.

You'd have to think Slayton was a mid-second round pick to accept that deal. I can see where that was turned down. Hopefully at least an explanation was offered. 

My new experience has been a lot of low ball offers as I reconstruct what was done. I mean, I don't know if you read my response to you in the bad trades thread, but I got offered some real doozies, and I'm willing to deal at costs to me just to get guys I want or more picks, etc. But talk about an arm and a leg to get anything done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

You'd have to think Slayton was a mid-second round pick to accept that deal. I can see where that was turned down. Hopefully at least an explanation was offered. 

My new experience has been a lot of low ball offers as I reconstruct what was done. I mean, I don't know if you read my response to you in the bad trades thread, but I got offered some real doozies, and I'm willing to deal at costs to me just to get guys I want or more picks, etc. But talk about an arm and a leg to get anything done.

Seems like people upthread here thing that's the case. That may be true, but not always. :shrug:  There was no explanation given for my offer. 

And then in a PPR league I had a guy offer me a late 2nd next year for Robert Woods. Dude, I'm not an idiot. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Seems like people upthread here thing that's the case. That may be true, but not always. :shrug:  There was no explanation given for my offer. 

And then in a PPR league I had a guy offer me a late 2nd next year for Robert Woods. Dude, I'm not an idiot.

Yeah, I'm just going by general consensus and not individual evaluation.

And I can see that offer on Woods, I guess, but I wouldn't take that deal either. I think, in your discussion on Woods, somebody (FreeBaGeL?) put it best when he or she said that those guys that are older? Their true value is when they start scoring points during the season and everyone sees that instead of looking at a blank sheet with their age on it.

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You'd have to think Slayton was a mid-second round pick to accept that deal. I can see where that was turned down. Hopefully at least an explanation was offered. 

My new experience has been a lot of low ball offers as I reconstruct what was done. I mean, I don't know if you read my response to you in the bad trades thread, but I got offered some real doozies, and I'm willing to deal at costs to me just to get guys I want or more picks, etc. But talk about an arm and a leg to get anything done.

 

31 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Seems like people upthread here thing that's the case. That may be true, but not always. :shrug:  There was no explanation given for my offer. 

And then in a PPR league I had a guy offer me a late 2nd next year for Robert Woods. Dude, I'm not an idiot. 

 

I would snap accept if someone offered me Slayton for Shenault. I think he is criminally undervalued right now. I believe in 2nd year WRs that ball out as rookies. I don't dislike Shenault but I think Chark is the clear number 1 there. I also think the presence of Barkley gives Slayton very high upside in terms of how the Giants are defended.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I would snap accept if someone offered me Slayton for Shenault. I think he is criminally undervalued right now. I believe in 2nd year WRs that ball out as rookies. I don't dislike Shenault but I think Chark is the clear number 1 there. I also think the presence of Barkley gives Slayton very high upside in terms of how the Giants are defended.

Yes. Agreed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Future Draft Picks Question:

Was offered 2021 2nd, 3rd & 4th (all mid-rounds est.) for my 2021 1st (probably mid-round). Take it?

And: how/where does one find appropriate value of future round picks? Percentage of 2020 picks? DTC assigns some limited point values.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, robb said:

Future Draft Picks Question:

Was offered 2021 2nd, 3rd & 4th (all mid-rounds est.) for my 2021 1st (probably mid-round). Take it?

And: how/where does one find appropriate value of future round picks? Percentage of 2020 picks? DTC assigns some limited point values.

 

I would not take that unless I was getting back a first. And I'm probably the guy who would take the least for that here. I'm new. 

Think of your 1st as being worth 253 points according to Dynasty League Football's calc.

Then assign the second round 94 or so points. Then the third at like fifty.

Those are their values right now and the calcs are generally not in line until later in the process.

Don't give up your first rounder and not get one back. That's just a losing trade right now and in the future. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, robb said:

Future Draft Picks Question:

Was offered 2021 2nd, 3rd & 4th (all mid-rounds est.) for my 2021 1st (probably mid-round). Take it?

And: how/where does one find appropriate value of future round picks? Percentage of 2020 picks? DTC assigns some limited point values.

 

I not taking that deal.  keep the 1st.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  

Seems to me that he should have tried to get Sanders+ from that guy if he wanted to move on from Kamara so badly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  

This belongs on the worst trade offers thread.  I don't believe in vetoing trades but damn if this wouldn't make me want to.

Team B couldn't wait until week 5 and then trade to a contender who needs a rb for a package that actually improves his team?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

This belongs on the worst trade offers thread.  I don't believe in vetoing trades but damn if this wouldn't make me want to.

Team B couldn't wait until week 5 and then trade to a contender who needs a rb for a package that actually improves his team?

Everyone is pretty stingy on trades in this league.  Usually hard to get things done in the first place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Everyone is pretty stingy on trades in this league.  Usually hard to get things done in the first place. 

You know I'm new. I never do that deal. But I might if I hadn't been hanging around here for years and also learned on the fly. There are things I did months ago I'd never do. Doesn't change the logic behind saying he got a bum deal for Kamara.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  

A guy is only worth what the maximum anyone is willing to pay for him.

in this case... yikes

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...