Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

On 8/6/2020 at 3:31 PM, hispeedthinmint said:

Part of the reason I want to see if I can flip MT for a haul is b/c I am already loaded at WR (Start 3 & 2 flex) & even pretty good at RB (Barkley, Cook, Henry, Fournette). My 3 starting WRs before MT were Evans, Tyreek & Hopkins. DJ Moore mostly sat on my bench & I even have AR15 & Landry & Golladay to plug in too if need be. If I can get my RB stable a bit younger & more stable by moving MT, I think I'd do it.

Part of the reason you can do what you want is that your league isn’t competitive. So who cares.  Trade him or don’t. Your team is stronger than a 4 teamer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1849

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1164

  • FreeBaGeL

    1041

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

9 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Me, FFPC, contending tm.

 

Give

B. Aiyuk & A. Mcfarland

Get

R. Woods

I'm not big fan of Woods (do not own him anywhere else), but as often happens in the FFPC I really need the roster spot and I think Woods can help me this yr and next so why not. 

Woods, easily.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Me, FFPC, contending tm.

 

Give

B. Aiyuk & A. Mcfarland

Get

R. Woods

I'm not big fan of Woods (do not own him anywhere else), but as often happens in the FFPC I really need the roster spot and I think Woods can help me this yr and next so why not. 

I think Aiyuk sucks, but he is an immediate impact rookie.  I'd easily take Woods here.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I think Aiyuk sucks, but he is an immediate impact rookie.  I'd easily take Woods here.  

Why do think Aiyuk sucks?  I believe both he and Pittman will have better rookie years than Lamb and Jeudy.  I'm not saying Aiyuk is better than them, but he doesn't suck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

Why do think Aiyuk sucks?  I believe both he and Pittman will have better rookie years than Lamb and Jeudy.  I'm not saying Aiyuk is better than them, but he doesn't suck.

I don't like Pittman either.  Late breakout for both and I did not like their tape when I watched them.  But as for Aiyuk specifically, JUCO route doesn't inspire confidence and the only reason he produced is because Harry left.  That's the way I see it at least.  Out of the top11 they are the last 2 I'd take.  Reagor, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Mims, Shenault, Edwards, Jeudy, Ruggs and then those 2. 

I don't really have much doubt they'd impact more immediately than Lamb or Jeudy but they aren't special transcendent talents that I'd bet as long term assets.  I'd take the talent profiles of all those others before mediocre/poor ones like Aiyuk and Pittman.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I don't like Pittman either.  Late breakout for both and I did not like their tape when I watched them.  But as for Aiyuk specifically, JUCO route doesn't inspire confidence and the only reason he produced is because Harry left.  That's the way I see it at least.  Out of the top11 they are the last 2 I'd take.  Reagor, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Mims, Shenault, Edwards, Jeudy, Ruggs and then those 2. 

I don't really have much doubt they'd impact more immediately than Lamb or Jeudy but they aren't special transcendent talents that I'd bet as long term assets.  I'd take the talent profiles of all those others before mediocre/poor ones like Aiyuk and Pittman.  

I disagree with you about Aiyuk and Pittman.  I believe both will be better than some of those you listed, and probably several you listed.  Especially Shenault, Edwards, Mims, and Ruggs.  Probably Jefferson too, but maybe not on Jefferson, I don't know for sure.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Way to be rude for no reason

The guys ability to disproportionately accumulate assets would lean me towards just getting the best player in any deal. But like he says, the best WR in FF is just a small piece of his vast roster, so sure, trade him for a haul if the draft picks and upside intrigue you. It’s a nice position to be in 

Edited by Babooya
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, menobrown said:

FFPC

Gave: Antonio Gibson

Got: 2021#1 which currently looks to me like a non-playoff team, top 6 pick.

 

 

 

Definitely jumped the shark in literally 2 days.... I don't care how good he does as a rookie, this is such an easy accept.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 12:49 PM, NE_REVIVAL said:

Me, FFPC, contending tm.

 

Give

B. Aiyuk & A. Mcfarland

Get

R. Woods

I'm not big fan of Woods (do not own him anywhere else), but as often happens in the FFPC I really need the roster spot and I think Woods can help me this yr and next so why not. 

This is a good move.  Bobby Trees should be much better with Cooks and Gurley gone.  Aiyuk and McFarland are dart throws.  If you want to compete this was a great move to me and I'm not huge on Woods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This is a good move.  Bobby Trees should be much better with Cooks and Gurley gone.  Aiyuk and McFarland are dart throws.  If you want to compete this was a great move to me and I'm not huge on Woods.

Woods is the most undervalued player in FF right now.

Edited by cloppbeast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

What value do you place on the following players in a PPR dynasty (keep all, no cap) league?

1. Mike Evans is the WR ____
2. Tyreek Hill is the WR____
3. D.Hopkins is the WR ____

Thanks in advance. 

This is completed trades but:

Hill- 2

Hopkins- 8

Evans- 10 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

This is completed trades but:

Hill- 2

Hopkins- 8

Evans- 10 

No worries - appreciate the response. I expect this to be all over the map, but I’m interested in seeing what Active dynasty trade folks like the FGB-era say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Took a 2nd for Gibson. 

It's crowded and it's Washington. He's not Christian McCaffrey. 

No chance I’d take a random 2 for him. And completely disagree that it’s crowded. At least not as far as NFL backfields go. There’s just bodies and whatever Bryce Love is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

No chance I’d take a random 2 for him. And completely disagree that it’s crowded. At least not as far as NFL backfields go. There’s just bodies and whatever Bryce Love is.

And he's another one of the bodies. He was athletically gifted in college too. Should have done more.

People sell 2nd round picks short. They're more valuable than okay specific guys when it comes time to trade.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

And he's another one of the bodies. He was athletically gifted in college too. Should have done more.

People sell 2nd round picks short. They're more valuable than okay specific guys when it comes time to trade.

 

I tend to agree on 2nd round picks. I guess though with Gibson he already probably cost you a second (unless you got him for a 3rd earlier in the offseason?) so this seems like a lateral move and a strange move to make if you recently drafted him (presumably you liked him or you wouldn't have drafted him).

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RushHour said:

I tend to agree on 2nd round picks. I guess though with Gibson he already probably cost you a second (unless you got him for a 3rd earlier in the offseason?) so this seems like a lateral move and a strange move to make if you recently drafted him (presumably you liked him or you wouldn't have drafted him).

Stole the words out of my head.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

And he's another one of the bodies. He was athletically gifted in college too. Should have done more.

People sell 2nd round picks short. They're more valuable than okay specific guys when it comes time to trade.

 

He was a second round pick himself! Before the guy who was far and away his biggest competition for a 3 down future role got cut. 
 

You misunderstand me when I say “bodies” in reference to what you call a crowded backfield. McKissic, Barber, and 35 year old ADP aren’t anything  that stands in the way of the future role for an early 3rd round pick. Maybe Love is competition but we don’t know. The backfield is not the least bit crowded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That he's going for a 2nd now isn't relevant to me. That's overreacting to a situation that was somehow made "clear" by the release of a bum. Personally, I got him in round sixteen in a startup. I would not draft him with a current 2nd.

It's fine to be excited about him - you might be right. I think people are really extrapolating, considering history and situation (The backfield is wide open but the team is awful). I don't think he's more than a situational player.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That he's going for a 2nd now isn't relevant to me. That's overreacting to a situation that was somehow made "clear" by the release of a bum. Personally, I got him in round sixteen in a startup. I would not draft him with a current 2nd.

It's fine to be excited about him - you might be right. I think people are really extrapolating, considering history and situation (The backfield is wide open but the team is awful). I don't think he's more than a situational player.

I thought he was going in the late 2nd prior to the release of the “bum”. Maybe I have that wrong. Anyways the point is for most people who drafted him, he is a second rounder. Why trade someone you took in the second for another random second. Seems lateral at best to me. You didn’t get him in a rookie draft so good for you. But that’s unlikely to be the case for most people. 

 

I find it hard to believe they used an early 3rd on a situational player but as you say it is the Redskins so I guess we can’t rule it out. I’m glad you’re acknowledging that the backfield is devoid of talent. If we disagree on the player that’s fine but the talent level of his backfield competition I don’t think is debatable. And the Redskins being awful could be a good thing in the short term for a guy whose skillset includes elite receiving ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jrodicus said:

12 team PPR, 6 pts all TDs

Lamar, Kelce
for
Garoppolo, Ingram, Kmet, 2021 1st

What kind of idiotic deal is this?

The parity of trades in here has really nosedive lately.  Each one posted is worse than the one before.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vandelay said:

What kind of idiotic deal is this?

The parity of trades in here has really nosedive lately.  Each one posted is worse than the one before.

No kidding. Some of these would have been in the “worst trade offer” thread not that long ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

And he's another one of the bodies. He was athletically gifted in college too. Should have done more.

People sell 2nd round picks short. They're more valuable than okay specific guys when it comes time to trade.

 

And Love was a stud in college.  Had a bad knee injury that cost him last year too.  He has every bit a chance as Gibson to get carries there.  No way I over pay for Gibson.  A 2nd seems about right and I agree on the value of 2nd rounders.  Especially next year when nobody will know what the hell is going on with these guys because the college season will be so nuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jrodicus said:

12 team PPR, 6 pts all TDs

Lamar, Kelce
for
Garoppolo, Ingram, Kmet, 2021 1st

That's disgusting. What is the argument for making this team better? It just isn't there. I know my league mates would be pissed off to see a trade like this.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...