What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

It's a tricky balance.  One of the more difficult things in FF that goes underrated is keeping these super teams super.  So many of them fade off so quickly.  It's a tough balancing act between trading away all of your depth/prospects to upgrade your starting lineup to be even better vs. keeping some for the inveitable fade that comes into your starting lineup.

I remember just 2 short years ago looking at a team in one of my high roller FFPC leagues where teams were wondering if they would just be donating money for the next few years because the team was unbeatable.  I don't remember the whole team but I remember the core was Le'Veon, Gurley, Gronk (TE prem), Julio, AJG, Demaryius. 

That team picked 1.01 this year.
Will be much more competitive this year 

Depends on your competition too.  I have a team with Dak, CMC, Zeke, Chubb, Julio, AJB, AJG, Chark, Boyd, Diontae, Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Engram. Not quite the embarrassment of riches that prompted this discussion but a team that I would like to just coast to some titles. Use my draft picks to try and keep the pipeline going. It’s a contract league, players kept 5 or 6 years if you play it right so not a true dynasty. But there’s a team with Henry, CEH, Jacobs, Nuk, DJM, Diggs, Thielen, Andrews that’s right there with me. So I’m looking into trading a chunk of my next 2 drafts along with Dak to get Mahomes (3 yrs) and Kittle (1 year) to try and be head and shoulders better than that other team. I agree the balance is tough. Get too cute to try and stay super for forever and you could miss your window to win some ships.

This is definitely the year to have depth. I am ok with them being on my bench right now. If anything, I wish I had better RB (If injury or CV hit my guys) or TE depth. Unless Herndon or Gesicki hit, of course.
That's why you should just keep Henry and Cook and continue to dominate. That said I would likely be targeting Lamar or Mahomes with the assets you have. Watson is nice but that team is falling apart and even if not I'd still want Mahomes or Jackson.

Any idea on what I would have to add to Watson to get Mahomes? Mahomes owner won the league last year

Cook or Henry?
This is absolutely where I would be fishing with AR15 or Golladay. I only own Mahomes in one single QB league, and in one SF league. He is basically untouchable for me and neither of those names would do it for me, if added to Watson. So that is useless advice if *I* were your trade partner, but who knows? 

ETA I would move Cook but not Henry. I'm infatuated with Henry and you're asking the wrong person as far as he is concerned. I think there is a 50/50 chance he crushes into his early 30s. 

Last edited by a moderator:
14 Team Standard Scoring

for 

1.03, Hunt
Playin' for next year, obvy. Hunt's a UFA after this year. Edwards-Helaire and Taylor are consensus top two, but Dobbins might be the best of them, only waiting on Ingram to move along after his deal is up this year.

I like this deal for the 1.01 guy and would have done in it in a heartbeat in my draft, but word out of KC and CEH running first team already has to give one pause. 

FFPC Superflex

I gave Antonio Brown, 2021 2nd

I got Jalen Hurts, Gabriel Davis

One of my looser trades in a while. I have room and am very thin at QB. I have tried unsuccessfully to obtain other QBs that owners were shopping. They are just so darned expensive in SF. I like Hurts upside. Might be able to flip him, too, so he could certainly appreciate. I have Mahomes, Foles and now Hurts. Thin.

Davis, eh, IDK I like him as a sleeper in Buffalo. He'll make my week 1 roster and I'll get to see what he can do.

Another one ... 14 team Standard Scoring .

Team A Gave: Watson

Team B Gave: Brees and 1.05

Team A has Mahomes and Cam as other QB
I don't understand the thought process of Team A getting Brees in the deal if they already have Mahomes and Cam on their roster. Insurance in case Newton isn't the starter in NE? Team B was up against the roster max and had to ship out a player if he added one?

I don't understand the thought process of Team A getting Brees in the deal if they already have Mahomes and Cam on their roster. Insurance in case Newton isn't the starter in NE? Team B was up against the roster max and had to ship out a player if he added one?
Why not? Getting the #5 for Watson was fair, Brees is gravy.

Team B only had Brees and Stidham before the deal so no brainer for him as they had same bye week.

Team A who finished 2nd last year got the insurance in Brees and also has picks 1, 5, 7, and 13 in the first round. To go with a lineup of CMC, Henry, Nuk, Godwin, Kelce. Could potentially add 2 rb and 1 wr or take Burrow since Brees and Cam on close to the end. Could bundle for another stud as well.

12 Team 2 QB TE Premium

Team A Gives:

Dalvin Cook, Gronk, 3.08

Team B Gives:

1.12, 2021 1st (early), 2021 1st (late), Dionte Johnson

Team A is middle of the pack but probably isn't competing. Team B was middle of the pack before trade. 

Team B only had Brees and Stidham before the deal so no brainer for him as they had same bye week.

Team A who finished 2nd last year got the insurance in Brees and also has picks 1, 5, 7, and 13 in the first round. To go with a lineup of CMC, Henry, Nuk, Godwin, Kelce. Could potentially add 2 rb and 1 wr or take Burrow since Brees and Cam on close to the end. Could bundle for another stud as well.
I bet I can guess who team a is

12 team .5 PPR

Team A gives: Courtland Sutton and a 2021 3rd

Team B gives: DJ Chark and a 2021 1st
Sutton a bit higher for me but not by this much - easy accept on Chark side. I think there's a reasonable chance Chark is consensus higher ADP in dynasty than Sutton next year.

12 Team 2 QB TE Premium

Team A Gives:

Dalvin Cook, Gronk, 3.08

Team B Gives:

1.12, 2021 1st (early), 2021 1st (late), Dionte Johnson

Team A is middle of the pack but probably isn't competing. Team B was middle of the pack before trade. 
I'll take Cook in a heartbeat. Have to think 2021 1sts are a bit devalued with no college season. For sure there are 2nd rd graded guys that with a good final college year showing can vault into the 1st no problem. I'd take the gamble that I can hit the lottery in the 2nd next year and get Cook.

hispeedthinmint said:
Guess not. I may be looking to fill a vacant team during this draft lol (I'm commish)
You should be filling that spot before any draft picks are made. Not good for the integrity of the league to let the 1.01 be skipped, have people profit, and then replace the owner after. Do it now, he’s a detriment to the league and no pick should be made until a replacement is found. 

No one has worries that Jackson may not be a longterm NFL starter once he's figured out? We've seen it before. Not saying I 100% believe Jackson is not long term, but it's a real consideration IMO
I don't think it is a consideration at all. I have zero reservations about him being figured out. I have some pause because he may get himself hurt but I don't think he is going to bust. 

BigTex said:
Dyno, TE Premo 

I gave Joe Mixon

I got Lamar Jackson

Tex
Good move...you now don't have to think about your QB position for the foreseeable future and you have a player that is a threat to blow up in a big way every week...I definitely value stability at the QB position more then most on this board, I just don't enjoy playing the match-up game so when you have a chance to grab a Lamar or a Mahomes you gotta go for it.

No one has worries that Jackson may not be a longterm NFL starter once he's figured out? We've seen it before. Not saying I 100% believe Jackson is not long term, but it's a real consideration IMO
I know it was college but he won a Heisman...he did not come out of nowhere...he is also playing for a very stable franchise with a big time Coach that looks committed to putting him in the best position to succeed...injuries are always a concern but you also dealt him for a RB and that position doesn't have the greatest shelf-life.

BigTex said:
I’m loaded and I have the 1st five picks in this draft. So Cooks, Kamara, Zeke and Barkley are my starters. The QB is my weakest position. Remember this is Dyno some of these guys I drafted while they were in college.

Tex
Ok I'll say it.  You have 1.01 through 1.05 AND those RB's?  Unless your leaguemates are asleep at the wheel, I'm just going to assume that you've traded away EVERYTHING for that and so your best WR is Cole Beasley...

You should be filling that spot before any draft picks are made. Not good for the integrity of the league to let the 1.01 be skipped, have people profit, and then replace the owner after. Do it now, he’s a detriment to the league and no pick should be made until a replacement is found. 
Exactly - a team that can't be bother to make the 1.01 pick should not be in the league and allowing the pick to be skipped instead of addressing that situation first is a terrible decision.

Users who are viewing this thread