• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, Boston said:

Good move...you now don't have to think about your QB position for the foreseeable future and you have a player that is a threat to blow up in a big way every week...I definitely value stability at the QB position more then most on this board, I just don't enjoy playing the match-up game so when you have a chance to grab a Lamar or a Mahomes you gotta go for it.

The problem is that perceived stability often isn't.

Last year Watson was the guy that everyone lumped in with Mahomes and now you can get him at 70% of the price.  Two years ago the top 2 dynasty QBs via ADP were Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz.  The year before that Luck and Cam were the guys to have.

Recent history has not been even a little bit kind to folks paying up for top QBs.  In most cases they could be acquired significantly cheaper within a year or two.  Even the guys that have held longevity like Russell Wilson almost every other year can be acquired for a fraction of the cost and which ones are expensive vs. cheap rotate every year.

If I wanted stability I'd much rather go for a guy like Wilson or Wentz who can be acquired for peanuts in 1qb leagues.  Jackson's value is 100% tied to him performing as an outlier top 1-2 scorer and history has shown us so many times that just doesn't often stick year to year.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The problem is that perceived stability often isn't.

Last year Watson was the guy that everyone lumped in with Mahomes and now you can get him at 70% of the price.  Two years ago the top 2 dynasty QBs via ADP were Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz.  The year before that Luck and Cam were the guys to have.

Recent history has not been even a little bit kind to folks paying up for top QBs.  In most cases they could be acquired significantly cheaper within a year or two.  Even the guys that have held longevity like Russell Wilson almost every other year can be acquired for a fraction of the cost and which ones are expensive vs. cheap rotate every year.

If I wanted stability I'd much rather go for a guy like Wilson or Wentz who can be acquired for peanuts in 1qb leagues.  Jackson's value is 100% tied to him performing as an outlier top 1-2 scorer and history has shown us so many times that just doesn't often stick year to year.

I will gladly take the chance that Lamar can have sustained success, especially when the cost is from another position that is very unstable and has a short shelf life...also, as I pointed out this is not just about stability but having a player that has the potential to blow up for you every week...there are only so many of those players out there and Lamar is one of them.

Edited by Boston
6 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

B/c I reversed the 1st two garbage deals. This is still garbage IMO

Seems like you should have vetted your new owners better. If you whip out the commish veto, you need to replace the owner you think is trying to screw themselves (and in your estimation, the league’s balance), or your veto carries NO weight. A veto should never be used unless you’re replacing the victim, because if you don’t trust them to make decisions for their team, then you shouldn’t have them in the league, period. You will lose all trust as commish if you do this.

That’s setting aside that I assume this is the league where you have that STACKED roster that would win in a 6-teamer. On its own, that’s fine, those super rosters come and go in long term leagues. But combining it with a veto-happy commish is just...not a good look, and I’m not saying it to question you as an owner or commish. It’s just the perception that’s going to prevail if you keep doing this. 

You need to boot the new guppy you felt was dumb enough to warrant a veto to protect them from themself, maybe the other owner too if you’re sketched out by their activity so far, and vet the next owners MUCH better, or this league will stagnate imo. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
21 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

The Miles Sanders owner in the dynasty PPR I commish just traded him for Marlon Mack & Golden Tate. WTF?!

I am not Mr. veto trades, but I am seriously considering reversing this. I mean how ridiculous can you get? Also, I offered him Fournette + for Sanders before & he never even countered, but he takes this? (I am not jealous. My starters are CMC & Barkley so I am good) Something smells fishy here plus these are 2 new to the league owners. What do you folks think?

That is terrible.  I'm not for veto, especially in Dynasty but I might at least put that up to a league vote if you are unsure.  Terrible trade.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Seems like you should have vetted your new owners better. If you whip out the commish veto, you need to replace the owner you think is trying to screw themselves (and in your estimation, the league’s balance), or your veto carries NO weight. A veto should never be used unless you’re replacing the victim, because if you don’t trust them to make decisions for their team, then you shouldn’t have them in the league, period. You will lose all trust as commish if you do this.

That’s setting aside that I assume this is the league where you have that STACKED roster that would win in a 6-teamer. On its own, that’s fine, those super rosters come and go in long term leagues. But combining it with a veto-happy commish is just...not a good look, and I’m not saying it to question you as an owner or commish. It’s just the perception that’s going to prevail if you keep doing this. 

You need to boot the new guppy you felt was dumb enough to warrant a veto to protect them from themself, maybe the other owner too if you’re sketched out by their activity so far, and vet the next owners MUCH better, or this league will stagnate imo. 

10/10

you only veto for collusion. Collusion mandates expulsion. 

Edited by Babooya
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

14 team dynasty ppr league:

Team A gives: Stefon Diggs, David Johnson, Darren Waller

Team B gives: Travis Kelce, Hunter Renfrow, Ke'Shawn Vaughn 

That is definitely enough to get me to move Kelce. I still like Waller, it’s not TE Prem, and I don’t like the other guys enough to outweigh adding Diggs. DJ at the least is just extra imo

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Babooya said:

10/10

you only veto for collusion. Collusion mandates expulsion. 

Collusion, or incompetence that threatens league imbalance. Either warrants and requires removal once the veto is utilized. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Collusion, or incompetence that threatens league imbalance. Either warrants and requires removal once the veto is utilized. 

Incompetence is subjective. League balance is subjective. That’s the same can of worms you were trying to avoid

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Babooya said:

Incompetence is subjective. League balance is subjective. That’s the same can of worms you were trying to avoid

I know, I didn’t say I would utilize the option necessarily if it was me, this was a real situation though. Once it’s been done you’ve already made the decision that they are either incompetent to a point of unfairness, or untrustworthy. How can you not trust an owner to make one trade but then trust them to make the rest going forward? The damage is done, you’ve decided they can’t make decisions that are good for their roster or for the league. The vetoes have already happened, so that ship has sailed and they aren’t worthy of the league. Either that or the vetoes were a mistake. That’s the only option unless you’re going to backseat drive their team for eternity. 

Edit: I can remember a single time as a commish that I vetoed and reversed a trade in my years, and it was because a new owner making their first trade had forgotten that in our format on MFL, 5th round rookie picks are stand-ins for devy picks. A rules misunderstanding basically that once learned, was never repeated. Not a reason to distrust their decision-making. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, northern exposure said:

14 team dynasty ppr league:

Team A gives: Stefon Diggs, David Johnson, Darren Waller

Team B gives: Travis Kelce, Hunter Renfrow, Ke'Shawn Vaughn 

Give me Kelce...he is a trusted difference-maker and the contract they just gave him makes me feel he still has a decent amount of mileage left...if you get three high-end years out of him I love this deal...Vaughn is a nice add-on as well, if he hits this deal would really be good...because it is a 14 team league Renfrow has some value...as for what was given up...Diggs is good but I think he will always be what he is, DJ should be good this year but is nearing the end...Waller is the x-factor, if last year is the beginning of a nice run this deal could make sense but he will be 28 in September so he's not dramatically younger then Kelce which is what I would want if I was dealing Kelce for another TE.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR

Gave Zack Moss

Got DeVante Parker and a 2021 3rd.

I still have my questions about Parker but I would not do this and I see zero reason to be adding a #3...Moss is a nice addition to any roster but Singletary can play so I don't think Moss will get the opportunity to put up big time fantasy numbers...would hate to make this deal and see Tua take Parker's game to another level.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Boston said:

I still have my questions about Parker but I would not do this and I see zero reason to be adding a #3...Moss is a nice addition to any roster but Singletary can play so I don't think Moss will get the opportunity to put up big time fantasy numbers...would hate to make this deal and see Tua take Parker's game to another level.

Yeah I'm not a huge Parker fan but adding another receiver was a goal of mine. I had a few rookie RBs so figured I'd put someone out there. The guy that wanted Moss had Singletary and a bunch of receivers and he actually offered the third with it, I didn't ask.

3 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Yeah I'm not a huge Parker fan but adding another receiver was a goal of mine. I had a few rookie RBs so figured I'd put someone out there. The guy that wanted Moss had Singletary and a bunch of receivers and he actually offered the third with it, I didn't ask.

If he has Singletary it does make more sense so he can own the backfield...Parker looked lights out the end of last season so he is definitely worth that...the #3 is a nice little bonus that could help get you over the top on another deal.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I know, I didn’t say I would utilize the option necessarily if it was me, this was a real situation though. Once it’s been done you’ve already made the decision that they are either incompetent to a point of unfairness, or untrustworthy. How can you not trust an owner to make one trade but then trust them to make the rest going forward? The damage is done, you’ve decided they can’t make decisions that are good for their roster or for the league. The vetoes have already happened, so that ship has sailed and they aren’t worthy of the league. Either that or the vetoes were a mistake. That’s the only option unless you’re going to backseat drive their team for eternity. 

Edit: I can remember a single time as a commish that I vetoed and reversed a trade in my years, and it was because a new owner making their first trade had forgotten that in our format on MFL, 5th round rookie picks are stand-ins for devy picks. A rules misunderstanding basically that once learned, was never repeated. Not a reason to distrust their decision-making. 

I think one point that is lost on all this is that hispeedthinmint makes trades heavily in his favor that I have seen this offseason and also has a complete stacked roster (which I would assume is also part of lopsided trades), and yet his trades go through, but this trade which seems imbalanced is vetoed.  If I were in the league I would definitely leave as the commish (hisspeedthinmints) will veto other trades, but his slides through.  

To hisspeedthinmints I think you overstepped your bounds.  You asked for advice (in several different areas) and most would agree the trades weren't fair, but most of the completed trades you post I would point to a trade heavily/mostly in your favor.  This trade I wouldn't say is obvious collusion so if you can make lopsided trades so others should be allowed.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
On 8/19/2020 at 7:02 PM, Milkman said:

It's a substantial overpay for Mahomes according to FBG trade value chart. 

Mahomes 30

Kyler - 18

Preston - 9

2021 mid 1st - 16

The weak spot in this analysis is that it assigns no value to the two extra roster spots that Team B has to use to complete the trade.

Edited by The Future Champs
“That”
  • Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, osiriskid said:

12 team PPR 

Team A gives Terry Mclauren 

team B gives Denzil Mims, 2021 1st, 2nd.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, cloppbeast said:

I think that's a lot for Terry.

It is, but he seems like he could definitely be worth it. 

I think I'd take the picks and mims in most leagues but Terry if I'm a top tier team.

22 minutes ago, BearsFan4Life said:

14 Team Standard Scoring - No PPR

Gave: Brees, JTaylor, KAllen, Higbee

Got: Kamara, Sutton

None of the four I gave are starters so the typical quantity for quality deal, but will have to see about QB and TE backups now. I have Cam, but no TE backup to Kelce.

I like your side. Basically JT and Allen for Kamara and Sutton, I'll take the latter.

• Like 1

12 tm, ppr, superflex

Gave: Drake, Diggs

Got: Juju, Ingram (I have Dobbins)

The board likely won’t like my side. I am in good shape at the RB position and wanted to sell Drake while his value is high. I am still on the Juju train and think he gets back to WR1.

• Like 1
Just now, dipandglide said:

12 tm, ppr, superflex

The board likely won’t like my side. I am in good shape at the RB position and wanted to sell Drake while his value is high. I am still on the Juju train and think he gets back to WR1.

I don't have a problem with your side at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, dipandglide said:

12 tm, ppr, superflex

I like it as I would value JuJu the most and you pin down the NFLs best rushing attack.

9 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

.5 PPR superflex, start 2 RB

Gave Ito Smith

Got 2021 3rd

I'd take the third on that one...Ito just hasn't shown much and I think the third will be a better asset for a future deal.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RushHour said:

Mevin and I wouldn't think it's particularly close. 

More context. My team is getting Green and I have Adams and not much else at WR (Cooks, Gallup) but i have Ekeler, Sanders, Gurley, Henderson/MBrown, Love at RB ( ie. loads of options/depth). So I went for an older, former stud WR with upside. I Don’t think folks are giving up much better WRs for a Melvin imo 

Edited by joey

12 Tm PPR, .25/ carry QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

Gave: MCLaurin, 1.08 (Reagor), 2020 1st, Haskins

Got: Chubb, Winston

My RBs were: Hunt, Howard, Love, Samuels, Yeldon, Guice

Edited by kyter1
3 hours ago, BradtheAg said:

PPR

Bryan Edwards

for

Bryce Love

I could see the case for either side here

7 minutes ago, kyter1 said:

12 Tm PPR, .25/ carry QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

Gave: 1.08 (Reagor), 2020 1st, Haskins

Got: Chubb, Winston

My RBs were: Hunt, Howard, Love, Samuels, Yeldon, Guice

Give me the Chubb side, even without knowing how bad your rbs are.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****