What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

Yeah - during the offseason at least you could justify it by the volume he would get and the hope that he may look a bit more healthy. To get it now after even more dirt was thrown on him, as he's looked really bad, is shocking.
Right? It’s so noticeable how much more explosive any other RB has looked in that offense this year

14 team, Superflex, PPR, TE Premium

Team A sends: 2021 projected 1.01/1.02

Team B sends: N'Keal Harry, Chris Herndon, Marlon Mack

This is from a while ago, before Mack injury. The team sending the 1st is bottom and hasnt scored over 80 points yet. Looks like the 1.01 almost certainly. 

12 team, Superflex, PPR

Team A sends: Terry McLaurin

Team B sends: 2021 early/mid first

Last edited by a moderator:

This is from a while ago, before Mack injury. The team sending the 1st is bottom and hasnt scored over 80 points yet. Looks like the 1.01 almost certainly.
This was beyond awful even before the Mack injury, a trade like this would have my league chats on fire for a week. 

Just made a trade out of desperation due to losing CMC and Barkley in my 12 team PPR dynasty league where I won the league last year. Tell me this isn't too bad a move

Gave: Barkley, Beckham, Harry

Got: Chubb, Cooper, Mike Davis

My logic was starting Chubb and Davis (until CMC gets back) should keep me in the hunt (I literally didn't even have a flex worthy RB to start) as we have to start 2 RBs each week and I still have a  good core of WRs each week- Thomas, AJB, Cooper, McLaurin, Parker, Crowder, Preston Williams, Hamler....and I have Kelce at TE and start either Brees or Big Ben at QB. Worth giving up Barkley to try and repeat?? 

12 team, Superflex, PPR

Team A sends: Terry McLaurin

Team B sends: 2021 early/mid first
Both trades are awful. I'd say the chances of a rookie WR coming in next year and putting up McLaurin's numbers are at about...oh 2%.  

I like it, well done. Chubb and Barkley are pretty close in my mind. Cooper > old dirty *******. Harry is a bum.

I would only add you might have gotten more for Barkley. A lot of people under appreciate losing a whole season from him.

I like it, well done. Chubb and Barkley are pretty close in my mind. Cooper > old dirty *******. Harry is a bum.

I would only add you might have gotten more for Barkley. A lot of people under appreciate losing a whole season from him.
I had a contacted the entire league shopping him, and this was the only offer I got. People resent me for dominating the league I guess  ;)  (I have won the league 2 straight years) 

Just made a trade out of desperation due to losing CMC and Barkley in my 12 team PPR dynasty league where I won the league last year. Tell me this isn't too bad a move

My logic was starting Chubb and Davis (until CMC gets back) should keep me in the hunt (I literally didn't even have a flex worthy RB to start) as we have to start 2 RBs each week and I still have a  good core of WRs each week- Thomas, AJB, Cooper, McLaurin, Parker, Crowder, Preston Williams, Hamler....and I have Kelce at TE and start either Brees or Big Ben at QB. Worth giving up Barkley to try and repeat?? 
Hard to say it's such a big deal. But at first glance, loosely, I see Cooper and Mike Davis as pretty close to even with Beckham and Harry. Probably edge to Cooper side. Then you're left with Chubb v Barkley which is on the Barkley side on paper, but you're going to (hopefully) get a year of elite production while the other guy doesn't. So. Yeah I think I like it for you. Probably not terrible for the other guy either. 

12 Team PPR IDP

Team a gets: Saquon Barkley, 4th 2022

Team b gets: 2x mid firsts 2022, early second 2021, late second 2021, Parris Campbell

What do you think? I am worried about Saquons injury. It is not a clean acl tear so rehab is going to take longer and since he relies so much on his athleticism...

12 Team PPR IDP

Team b gets: 2x mid firsts 2022, early second 2021, late second 2021, Parris Campbell

What do you think? I am worried about Saquons injury. It is not a clean acl tear so rehab is going to take longer and since he relies so much on his athleticism...
I understand having concerns about Barkley, but you can't trade him for a bunch of random pieces like that. I'm a Campbell fan, but he's almost worthless again probably with his injury. The picks are fine but no guarantees and the firsts are a long way out. If you're trading Barkley, you need to get at least one established young stud back. Maybe you won't get those top RBs now, but there are plenty of good young WRs to target. You need a tangible asset and this deal doesn't have it. 

I find it hard to believe this is the best you could do for Barkley.

12 Team PPR IDP

This is not a good trade for you. The unknown output from players in the mid first/early second just does not make up for the proven studliness of Saquon Barkley. The severity of the SB injury doesnt really bring balance to this deal, imo.

This is not a good trade for you. The unknown output from players in the mid first/early second just does not make up for the proven studliness of Saquon Barkley. The severity of the SB injury doesnt really bring balance to this deal, imo.
I agree moving Barkley you need at least one proven WR/RB1 type. But I also disagree that Saquon has "proven studliness." He's had one good year (that was drastically inflated in the Checkdown Corpse of Eli) and one very disappointing year. Right now he is basically a stock that is trading high on projected future returns, not established earnings. 

If I owned him anywhere and I could move him for a deal including Chubb or CEH or any back from that tier below CMC/SB, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Well, after a few back & forth efforts, we came to a deal...   12 team PPR 1/2/2/1 & 2 flex  (25 roster, IR & TS)  Very shallow FA pool 

I gave up:  Clev RB Nick Chubb

I got: Buf RB Devin Silgletary, Balt WR Marquise Brown, Ind WR T.Y. Hilton and Det TE T.Y. Hockenson 

I agree moving Barkley you need at least one proven WR/RB1 type. But I also disagree that Saquon has "proven studliness." He's had one good year (that was drastically inflated in the Checkdown Corpse of Eli) and one very disappointing year. Right now he is basically a stock that is trading high on projected future returns, not established earnings. 

If I owned him anywhere and I could move him for a deal including Chubb or CEH or any back from that tier below CMC/SB, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
100% agree with this. I think rookies who march onto the scene and produce quickly tend to hold value longer even if we never see that production again. The Giants are a mess, he now has two season ending injuries, and he looked shell shocked the two games he played this year. Give me someone with less question marks going forward even if it not “fair market value.”

100% agree with this. I think rookies who march onto the scene and produce quickly tend to hold value longer even if we never see that production again. The Giants are a mess, he now has two season ending injuries, and he looked shell shocked the two games he played this year. Give me someone with less question marks going forward even if it not “fair market value.”
He didn’t have a season ending injury last year, he actually won fantasy owners championships because he’s a generational talent whom has proven he can produce elite numbers in a below average offense.

Trade that guy at age 24 coming off (what now seems like a pretty routine) ACL recovery for a couple mid 1sts if you want, odds are stacked heavily against that deal working out though.  

Well, after a few back & forth efforts, we came to a deal...   12 team PPR 1/2/2/1 & 2 flex  (25 roster, IR & TS)  Very shallow FA pool 

I got: Buf RB Devin Silgletary, Balt WR Marquise Brown, Ind WR T.Y. Hilton and Det TE T.Y. Hockenson 
Chubb.

I'm lower on most on Brown than most though and so-so on Singletary.

He didn’t have a season ending injury last year, he actually won fantasy owners championships because he’s a generational talent whom has proven he can produce elite numbers in a below average offense.

Trade that guy at age 24 coming off (what now seems like a pretty routine) ACL recovery for a couple mid 1sts if you want, odds are stacked heavily against that deal working out though.  
You are right, my memory must be fading. Not sure why I thought they shut him down last year. Either way I would be happy to make a move to move down a couple notches based on the injury this year and how he looked the first two games.

I doubt many of Barkley's owners last year benefited from his playoff performance. ;)

For the record, I agree it's unwise to trade a guy with the market value  and potential of Barkley for picks only.

You are right, my memory must be fading. Not sure why I thought they shut him down last year. Either way I would be happy to make a move to move down a couple notches based on the injury this year and how he looked the first two games.
To be accurate you are basing it on ONE game this season - not two - and it was against a buzz saw defense. In game 2 before he got hurt he had 28 yards of 4 carries - that’s 7 ypc.

Interesting characterization.

In that "inflated by Eli check-downs" year he rushed for 5ypc with 2000 total yards.  His catches were 7.9ypr which is right on line with what CMC does so I'm not sure why his would be characterized solely as check downs.

In that "very disappointing" year he had 1500 yards in 13 games despite playing most of the year injured.

Interesting characterization.

In that "inflated by Eli check-downs" year he rushed for 5ypc with 2000 total yards.  His catches were 7.9ypr which is right on line with what CMC does so I'm not sure why his would be characterized solely as check downs.

In that "very disappointing" year he had 1500 yards in 13 games despite playing most of the year injured.
I think that 91 catches will be his career high and he'll probably average around 60-70, which is about his pace the year without Eli. And if I'd taken SB 1.1 last year I would have been very disappointed. I looked at stats. Before the fantasy playoffs, 5 total TDs and 2 100 yard rushing games. I know he was hurt and it obviously affected him, but it was a bad season for a 1.1.

Look, he's a super exciting player to watch, and honestly this is the first time I've bothered to look at his game logs, but there is a lot of Barry Sanders boom/bust to his game. He seems to make his hay in massive 10ypc weeks which are balanced out by 0.2ypc clunkers.

It's a shame he hurt his knee this year, I was very curious to see him fully healthy for another season. Hopefully we get that in 2021.

Sorry, but this is Chubb pretty handily, IMO. 2nd round startup pick for a couple 5ths and some change. Especially in a league where you can start 4x RBs and only 2x WRs. It could workout. Hock has tier 1 potential and Brown could become a solid WR2. You’d also need Singletary to pick it up. I like Hock a ton and Brown enough, but don’t like the odds of all 3 of those things happening. Good luck though.

To be accurate you are basing it on ONE game this season - not two - and it was against a buzz saw defense. In game 2 before he got hurt he had 28 yards of 4 carries - that’s 7 ypc.
You are right, obviously didn’t put in a lot of effort on my post. Bottom line I would be happy to drop down a tier to move on from him. RBs seem to be falling off cliffs at a faster rate and I prefer a healthy option versus wondering if we see the same player again. 

Gave: Gurley/3rd

Got: Carson

Prior Carson owner was down to 1 RB this week with Henry out.
Carson. If I was desperate there are a lot of guys I’d target over Gurley. I like Henderson, Gaskin, DJ, Davis, McKinnon and Jones at their prices over Carson for Gurley. Gurley Shouldn’t be on an NFL roster next season, IMO, sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
12-team dynasty superflex, 5 flex positions, 1 PPR. 

Win-now window of 2-3 years.

Gave: 2022 1.xx (likely back end) 

Received: Will Fuller

Had the offer out for several days, I guess with the Lazard news coupled with his WR woes, he bit.  

I gave:  Singletary/MVS/Malcom Brown

I got:  Montgomery

Maybe a slight overpay?  But I think it was a good time to move Singletary coming off a double digit game.  He won't score a lot of TD's between Allen and Moss. 

Brown has value, I just don't know that he has playability.  MVS is more interesting if Lazard is out.  But he's definitely up and down.  I likely won't ever start him.  I'm pretty happy using him to upgrade for Singletary to Montgomery.

I think Montgomery's play improves with the QB change.  He already had strong volume.  His passing work should improve with Cohen out.  And he'll get the goal line looks.

12-team dynasty superflex, 5 flex positions, 1 PPR. 

Win-now window of 2-3 years.

Gave: 2022 1.xx (likely back end) 

Received: Will Fuller
Once owners are clearly out of playoff hunt they’re  usually looking for draft picks. In my leagues I’m confident I could land something more valuable than Fuller with a 1st.

Had the offer out for several days, I guess with the Lazard news coupled with his WR woes, he bit.  

I gave:  Singletary/MVS/Malcom Brown

I got:  Montgomery
Monty. I don’t love either guy, so give me the 3 down back, all else equal.

Once owners are clearly out of playoff hunt they’re  usually looking for draft picks. In my leagues I’m confident I could land something more valuable than Fuller with a 1st.
it’s a 2022 1st. 

And I tried literally every owner. All 11 balked at having any interest that far out. This morning (2 weeks later) this owner came to me with it. 

While I appreciate that your league might value a 2022 1st more, mine did not. I tried. 😢

12 Team PPR IDP

If I was going to make an offer for Barkley at this point I wouldn't offer much more than what you got. Maybe you could have got a little more but you didn't get hosed.

10 Team PPR IDP

Team A received James Robinson, AJ Epensea

Team B received Jalen Reagor, N Morrow

Team A had limited depth behind Chubb, Conner, and White. Team B looking to bolster WR core for the long term.

I don't think that's where Barkley's value is currently with that injury.
According to DLF’s ongoing mocks, here is first round ADP. It’s based only on 4 mocks, but it feels right to me. I could see taking another 2 or 3 guys over him, but he’s a clear 1st round pick still. Even if we say he’s 1.10 the trade is still pretty bad.

1.01- McCaffrey 1.02- Kamara 1.03- Elliott 1.04- Barkley (tie) Edwards-Helaire 1.06- J Taylor 1.07- Cook 1.08- Thomas 1.09- Sanders 1.10- Jacobs 1.11- A Jones (tie) Hopkins

Which side are you on here? Robinson/Kelley looks pretty good. 
I got Robinson and Kelley. I didn’t feel great about it at the time, but couldn’t waste a year of my core’s prime waiting for both Akers and Swift. I like it more after last week and wouldn’t trade Robinson for Akers straight up if offered to me today.

Users who are viewing this thread