Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

57 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Your deal was his one plus Darnell Mooney. So that's only an addition of Darnell Mooney to the other guy's offer. That's hardly the blockbuster name that puts it a market value all of a sudden. IMO.

Fair enough. Except Watson > Wilson, no?

• Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

1 hour ago, robb said:

Not so sure about that. Wilson >>>>> Watson, IMO

7 year age difference and only 1PPG difference in my leagues despite Watson having nothing to work with. Arrows are pointing the wrong way IMO.

Edited by Buckna
1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

Fair enough. Except Watson > Wilson, no?

I'd say it depends what you want. I think they're about even. All things constant, assuming they re-up Fuller somehow, give me Watson in dyansty, sure. For this year, and you said that's what the guy is playing for, give me Wilson.

• Like 1

I think, really, rather than parsing the Wilson/Watson debate is that the guy whose offer he accepted wasn't that far off of your market value. That's all I was saying. I can certainly entertain the notion that you were offering a market value that got underbid, though, and that can be a drag.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/8/2020 at 9:36 AM, Andy Dufresne said:

Why not draft one of the elite WRs this year and trade him? Or trade the pick for a back already in the league? 

Seems like a big assumption that the 2022 will be early. And while there will be good players later in the 2021 draft, there are REALLY good players at the top - so you're running the risk of losing out on value there.

I've just find out (often the hard way) it's better to just draft the best player even if you don't "need" him. Someone else will want him.

Chase/Waddle/Smith will all be desirable assets that someone will want to acquire.

Especially if you are rebuilding. If you have depth someone will be wanting something you have at that position. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think, really, rather than parsing the Wilson/Watson debate is that the guy whose offer he accepted wasn't that far off of your market value. That's all I was saying. I can certainly entertain the notion that you were offering a market value that got underbid, though, and that can be a drag.

I feel like a rebuilding team has more cause to trade a 32 y.o. Wilson off his best year than 25 y.o. Watson with better years to come. Wilson has been slowing down so you could argue this is a good time to sell him.

I highly doubt this was a bidding war. The guy needing the QB sent out this offer I can garuntee it. He was hemming and hawing about giving a 1st for Wilson and countered to me with some nonsense Thursday afternoon. Then like an hour before kickoff, (trade deadline) Watson for a 1st went thru. 

Why a guy playing for the future would send Watson to a guy needing qb, you won't convince me wasn't stupid. 

Edited by cloppbeast

1 QB ppr league.  devy league so picks diluted some

Trade made morning before week 13 trade deadline.

me/contender  give  Golladay, Reagor, 2021 first

non contender  gives  Diggs, DJohnson, 2021 2nd

I didn't want to give up Reagor.... 

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the dynasty value thread,  but wanted to post here too to try to get input.

Akers owner wants McLaurin.  I think the two are similarish.   I'm RB needy, he's WR need. Should I be giving more/asking for more?  Should I be worried about the mouths to feed in the Rams backfield?

Edited by jm192
17 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I posted this in the dynasty value thread,  but wanted to post here too to try to get input.

Akers owner wants McLaurin.  I think the two are similarish.   I'm RB needy, he's WR need. Should I be giving more/asking for more?  Should I be worried about the mouths to feed in the Rams backfield?

Think it's close enough that if I needed a RB I'd pull the trigger. Maybe I'd ask for a pick or something as technically McLaurin is more proven.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, robb said:

Thoughts on this trade:

I received: Vaughn, RB Tampa Bay

i gave up: 2021 5th early & Mike Davis

Personally, I like it. DLF has you at about dead even; maybe you didn't need to give the pick away. But who cares? If you wanted Vaughn, more power to you.

2 hours ago, robb said:

Thoughts on this trade:

I think I'd rather have Davis and the solid starter if CMC isn't healthy than the perennial RB4.  Obviously, I may be WAY OFF in my assessment of Vaughn, but he seems like a roster clogger.

I guess if you have R. Jones, take Vaughn.  Any other scenario, take Davis.

Edited by jabarony

Huh. Not a Vaughn believer but I’d take the gamble and it’s not close.

edit to elaborate: I’ve made many a tidy profit trading assets I got for free and don’t particularly believe in for distressed assets that were once expensive when their values converge. Vaughn was overvalued in rookie drafts but that’s basically free unless you have very deep rosters, a 5th is nothing and the chance of Davis winning the starting job outright is nil.

Edited by EthnicFury
  • Thanks 1

Busy morning in my main league, 3 trades in order they went down. Not a bad way to start the 2021 offseason. 

Haason Reddick for 4.3 (2021)

1.01 (2021) for 1.03 (2021) plus 2.03 (2021)

Chase Edmonds for 3.09(2021)

35 minutes ago, Dezbelief said:

Busy morning in my main league, 3 trades in order they went down. Not a bad way to start the 2021 offseason. 

Haason Reddick for 4.3 (2021)

1.01 (2021) for 1.03 (2021) plus 2.03 (2021)

Chase Edmonds for 3.09(2021)

Wrong time to be trading the 1.01 IMO. Price rises as the draft gets closer, no upside to making that trade right now based on what they got in return.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Wrong time to be trading the 1.01 IMO. Price rises as the draft gets closer, no upside to making that trade right now based on what they got in return.

I agree, should really wait especially for just the 2.03.  If this was for a proven player or a bigger haul I would be more fine with it.

I understand that when a trade partner is offering you maybe inclined to try to deal since you aren't sure if the trade will be there later on.

• Like 1

FFPC 

I gave M Pittman, Ertz, Cousins for Deebo

I figured Ertz and Cousins wouldn't make my 16 man cutdown roster, so this is essentially Pittman to get Deebo for me. Those guys will make the other team's cutdown likely. Thought it was a nice buy low on Deebo.

14 hours ago, EthnicFury said:

Huh. Not a Vaughn believer but I’d take the gamble and it’s not close.

edit to elaborate: I’ve made many a tidy profit trading assets I got for free and don’t particularly believe in for distressed assets that were once expensive when their values converge. Vaughn was overvalued in rookie drafts but that’s basically free unless you have very deep rosters, a 5th is nothing and the chance of Davis winning the starting job outright is nil.

Davis is a free agent.  What if he goes somewhere with a shot at a starting role or even a timeshare?   I think “at best” Vaughn gets into a timeshare with RoJo.  I highly doubt he beats out Jones to be the starter.  

19 hours ago, robb said:

Thoughts on this trade:

I like it. Mike Davis had a good year but were he is going to do that again? Fournette likely gone, McCoy of course. Not a guarantee but good chance for third down role/primary backup in 2021 with a chance to showcase himself as possible option for 2022 main gig with ROJO's contract expiring at end of 21.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IHEARTFF said:

FFPC 

I figured Ertz and Cousins wouldn't make my 16 man cutdown roster, so this is essentially Pittman to get Deebo for me. Those guys will make the other team's cutdown likely. Thought it was a nice buy low on Deebo.

It's ok if you really like Pittman more then Deebo but seems like a unilateral value move and while Ertz may not have value to you now or to your other leaguemates  I'd have waited for FA/trades in real NFL to open up and see if he's moved to a team that would spike his value.

1 minute ago, menobrown said:

It's ok if you really like Pittman more then Deebo but seems like a unilateral value move and while Ertz may not have value to you now or to your other leaguemates  I'd have waited for FA/trades in real NFL to open up and see if he's moved to a team that would spike his value.

You're right that Ertz's value could spike a bit potentially, but even then I still like it. I like Deebo more and is who I got for Pittman.

Was offered 1.05, 1.07 for my j taylor. It's a 2qb league where I need desperate help at qb. But I'd be trading jt for maybe 3 or 4th best rookie qb and a top 3 wr prospect I dunno

10 hours ago, Boone22 said:

Davis is a free agent.  What if he goes somewhere with a shot at a starting role or even a timeshare?   I think “at best” Vaughn gets into a timeshare with RoJo.  I highly doubt he beats out Jones to be the starter.  

I just can’t see someone bringing in a guy like Davis as a starter. He’s an above average backup journeyman. Could the pieces all fall into place, expected starter gets injured, etc and he has another year like this one? Sure, but I don’t see it being anyone’s plan.

There’s still a chance Vaughn is a long-term asset. It’s not a high chance, but it’s a chance I’d buy at this price. He could just as easily luck into the starting job if Rojo gets hurt or resumes sucking, and not look back. But if Davis does so I feel confident he’s not somebody’s plan A next year, whereas Vaughn could be

10 hours ago, iamkoza said:

Was offered 1.05, 1.07 for my j taylor. It's a 2qb league where I need desperate help at qb. But I'd be trading jt for maybe 3 or 4th best rookie qb and a top 3 wr prospect I dunno

One thing about 2 QB leagues...if you don't have enough QBs you are DOA and due to that you have to pay a premium to get them...the x-factor short-term is that a few rookie QBs could end up in a situation where they have to sit a year...if it is a 2 QB league (i.e. legit QBs usually get drafted early) there is a good chance you will be looking at a very good RB like Harris or Williams or a WR like Chase or Smith at that #7 or you could get real lucky and be able to grab two QBs and be set at QB for awhile (as well as having great trade bait)...while dealing Taylor is painful I would really think about this deal because unless you can figure out your QB woes another way this will be your best bet and you will also be in a position to add another high-end prospect.

Edited by Boston
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, EthnicFury said:

I just can’t see someone bringing in a guy like Davis as a starter. He’s an above average backup journeyman. Could the pieces all fall into place, expected starter gets injured, etc and he has another year like this one? Sure, but I don’t see it being anyone’s plan.

There’s still a chance Vaughn is a long-term asset. It’s not a high chance, but it’s a chance I’d buy at this price. He could just as easily luck into the starting job if Rojo gets hurt or resumes sucking, and not look back. But if Davis does so I feel confident he’s not somebody’s plan A next year, whereas Vaughn could be

This was my thinking exactly! It was a small price to pay for POTENTIAL, and if it doesn’t work out, I’ve lost Davis who isn’t a dynasty asset long term.

• Like 1

14 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex (Keep 12) roster 20 in season 

Give: A. Cooper, 1.12, 8.02

Get: T. Kelce, 5.11, 6.11

Current Keepers:

A. Rodgers

A. Kamara, R. Jones, M. Gordon, Fournette

D. Adams, D. Metcalf, M. Evans, J. Jefferson, JuJu

T. Kelce, H. Henry

On 1/3/2021 at 12:33 PM, IHEARTFF said:

FFPC 

I like Pittman over Deebo so........I love that you cleared space, though. I mainly play FFPC and understand. Nobody has quite figured a way to quantify saving roster spots, but *it matters*. Not just for reaching compliance but for making room for another player. You say you were going to cut those two anyway, but now there is more flexibility. If you like Deebo more than Pittman then I have no issue with it. 

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 2

FFPC Superflex - I just took the title but need draft capital

I gave Taysom Hill, 4.02
I got 2.05, 5.08, 6.10

I actually do like Hill a bit but gotta take the profit here after picking him up off waivers this year. New owner. If Hill wins the job this deal will be on his side. 

What is Shenault worth now? Possibly will have Lawrence as his QB next year, but also has some competition at WR in Jacksonville. New coach too.

Worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Worth getting AJ Dillon?

I don’t think Shenault did enough this year to raise his value from the 2nd round pick he consistently was in 2020. 
At best he held his value and you’ll need to find a disillusioned owner willing to give up on him this early

edit: if you’re asking if you should give up Shenault to get Dillon, jump all over that

Edited by tangfoot
11 hours ago, robb said:

What is Shenault worth now? Possibly will have Lawrence as his QB next year, but also has some competition at WR in Jacksonville. New coach too.

Worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Worth getting AJ Dillon?

I like Shenault but I have a feeling he's gonna be a better real football player then fantasy player...getting Dillon for him would be a steal IMO...I wouldn't deal a second for him, I would rather take the chance I can hit bigger with that pick...as for the other pick he's worth a third but I don't think I would do that either because I would rather keep that asset for now in case a better deal comes up and that 3rd round pick could seal it.

Edited by Boston
On 1/5/2021 at 8:21 AM, iamkoza said:

10 team 2qb ppr

gave: J taylor, 3.02, 3.05, 4.04

got: Ekeler, Claypool, 1.06, 2.06

This is such an awesome trade IMO. It is so hard to sell the hottest pony in the the stable but if you can get a great haul you have a real chance at making your team a lot better. I love what you got, nice work.

• Thanks 1

10 team 2qb ppr

Curious why people are liking this deal? I much prefer Taylor here. He’s RB4 at worst in dynasty. Ekeler is an aged RB, Claypool is a fake WR1 and 1.06 in super flex is a top RB prospect who doesn’t come close to Taylor as a prospect. 

I don’t understand making this deal

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Curious why people are liking this deal? I much prefer Taylor here. He’s RB4 at worst in dynasty. Ekeler is an aged RB, Claypool is a fake WR1 and 1.06 in super flex is a top RB prospect who doesn’t come close to Taylor as a prospect. 

A lot of us don't necessarily agree with the bolded.

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Especially in a 10 teamer.  You need the elite asset. 

10 team 2qb ppr

You won this deal IMO.

Now I'm wondering if me offering Golldaay for Ekeler in PPR would be a good deal for me...

• Thanks 1
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****