Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

12 Team IDP league.  Keep 15, re-draft 15.  First few rounds usually play out like a rookie draft.  Not technically dynasty, but I don't have anything else to compare it to, so I usually use dynasty stuff for value comparisons.

Anywhose, been trying like hell to sell David Johnson.  Sent out feelers to every team in the league, most act like he's dead.  Finally got a deal

Johnson for 3/9.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1850

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1172

  • FreeBaGeL

    1042

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

6 hours ago, Buckna said:

PPR - Barkley for Tyreek

Will go with Hill...two elite players but Hill is not coming off of an ACL injury and is in a far better situation...as long as Hill doesn't do something stupid off the field you know what you're getting, with Barkley you hope you know but you really don't yet...even if Barkley comes back to a best case scenario you are still in a good spot with Hill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

I play PPR and Ekeler is a 25 year old pass catcher tied to a great young quarterback, I disagree on Claypool, and 1.06 will be very valuable especially in a two QB. The 2.06 will probably look goood at draft time as well.

Fair enough I suppose but PPR has nothing to do with it because Taylor has now established a great catching floor. Looking at Ekeler as 25 is a mistake. For offseason trades I feel you have to look at age at the start of the season. That’s not that main disagreement though. Seems to come down to how we both feel about Claypool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Fair enough I suppose but PPR has nothing to do with it because Taylor has now established a great catching floor. Looking at Ekeler as 25 is a mistake. For offseason trades I feel you have to look at age at the start of the season. That’s not that main disagreement though. Seems to come down to how we both feel about Claypool. 

How does PPR not have anything to do with it?  That is the obvious strength of Ekeler...if it wasn't PPR Ekeler's value would not be as strong...also, it's not just about Claypool (who I admit I am very high on) but a 1.6 in a Super-flex league which in this draft means you will either add a young QB which is always important in that format or if there's a run on QBs with those first five picks (which is always a possibility in Super-flex) you are looking at Najee, Etienne, Williams, Chase, Smith, Pitts or whichever non-QB you have ranked highly...he also gets the 2.6 which means this deal could potentially look something like:

Ekeler, Claypool, Chase, Sermon (I am guessing on the rookies...fill in others if you'd like)

for

Taylor, two third round picks

I think most people agree that Taylor has a chance to be an elite level RB for awhile but this is the type of trade that can change the total foundation of your team for years to come.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the comments on my JT trade. some for some against so maybe it's about right then?

FWIW, I have dobbins and akers as well so i still have young RB talent. I'm hoping that ekeler will produce for 2 years at high level. hoping to take a qb at 1.06 but also working to package 1.06 w/picks to move up to 1.04 (One rebuilding owner has picks 1 thru 4 this year). even if i stay at 1.06 and there is a run on qb's early then it should be at worst one of the 2 top WRs or RB. we'll see

 

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boston said:

Will go with Hill...two elite players but Hill is not coming off of an ACL injury and is in a far better situation...as long as Hill doesn't do something stupid off the field you know what you're getting, with Barkley you hope you know but you really don't yet...even if Barkley comes back to a best case scenario you are still in a good spot with Hill. 

I agree as well and hated to give up Tyreek, but As is talked about in the dynasty thread though, RBs can be hard to come by in existing leagues. Plus there are a lot of WR’s out there right now.

I couldn’t get the owner to agree to something like this in season for some reason and other top RB owners weren’t interested (best offer I got for Tyreek at any point was Evans + Marquise Brown.) My only other RB’s are CEH and Conner (who I could not trade away for 2 years now.) unfortunately Tyreeks points really hurt my draft position where I have the 5th pick (and the 7th from a trade last year.) So likely on the outside looking in for a top RB prospect whereas I should be able to use those picks to try to reload at WR or maybe TE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

thanks for the comments on my JT trade. some for some against so maybe it's about right then?

FWIW, I have dobbins and akers as well so i still have young RB talent. I'm hoping that ekeler will produce for 2 years at high level. hoping to take a qb at 1.06 but also working to package 1.06 w/picks to move up to 1.04 (One rebuilding owner has picks 1 thru 4 this year). even if i stay at 1.06 and there is a run on qb's early then it should be at worst one of the 2 top WRs or RB. we'll see

 

It’s always going to be contentious trading away a hot player like Taylor. There are multiple schools of thought, one of which is you hold onto these guys no matter the price in the hopes they become keystone players for years, some others believe you cash them in when someone throws a whopper of an offer at you. IMO that qualified.

Somewhat depends on how you feel about Taylor too. Personally I would be worried that his hot streak came against a string of some of the worst defenses in the league that had nothing to play for and a floundering Pittsburgh team. I also don’t think Reich will give up his RBBC ways making Taylor a guy who will end up with good #’s at the end of the year but will also run hot and cold in the future just like he did this year. I could easily be wrong, but you got enough solid pieces there to more than offset that risk.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Buckna said:

It’s always going to be contentious trading away a hot player like Taylor. There are multiple schools of thought, one of which is you hold onto these guys no matter the price in the hopes they become keystone players for years, some others believe you cash them in when someone throws a whopper of an offer at you. IMO that qualified.

Somewhat depends on how you feel about Taylor too. Personally I would be worried that his hot streak came against a string of some of the worst defenses in the league that had nothing to play for and a floundering Pittsburgh team. I also don’t think Reich will give up his RBBC ways making Taylor a guy who will end up with good #’s at the end of the year but will also run hot and cold in the future just like he did this year. I could easily be wrong, but you got enough solid pieces there to more than offset that risk.

The fact it is four pieces is something I really like...while every trade is an unknown there seems to be a nice cushion for error as Ekeler should be good for at least two more years, Claypool at worst should be solid, that 1.6 will be a high-end prospect and 2.6 should at least be a quality trade asset for a couple of years...you can miss on two of those pieces and still be in decent shape...that type of deal does not come along too often. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

PPR

Team A gave Mooney

Team B Gave Gallup

Dallas Offense > Chicago Offense since the beginning of time and hasn't changed. Otherwise I wouldn't give up Mooney for Gallup unless there were other pieces involved. But I wouldn't move Gallup for Mooney so I guess it depends on which one I own already (zero in RL). Good chance I'd throw up in my mouth (that's twice today) if I had to start either one. 

More serious answer they are both WR3 types that are more or less interchangeable along with a *lot* of other WRs out there. So for me it really comes down to which is more marketable and/or packageable (did I make that word up?). 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, menobrown said:

Big one just went down, FFPC format:

Team A(the defending champ) gave: Kamara

Team B gave: 1.2, 1.5 and Ruggs.

Interesting. Seems like he could have gotten more. But he’s probably looking ahead to Brees retiring and getting off Kamara while he still can.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 12:42 AM, doowain said:

:shrug:

I conceded as much in my original post. 

I'll put a pin in this post to look back on in a year. 

@Milkman

So before Dak’s injury. 
 

Arob 27yo 18.32 ppg

Lamb 21 18.12 ppg

Not bad for the “WR3” in that offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 2:28 PM, menobrown said:

Big one just went down, FFPC format:

Team A(the defending champ) gave: Kamara

Team B gave: 1.2, 1.5 and Ruggs.

Picks all day long. Kamara is a fantastic sell right now for top teams before his value starts tanking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Picks all day long. Kamara is a fantastic sell right now for top teams before his value starts tanking. 

I agree with picks side, not necessarily that Kamara is a sell right now but in a vacuum I do like the picks side.

In a non vacuum look at the trade I loved it for the team that dealt Kamara, pretty down on it for the team that got him.

The team that traded away Kamara had him, Barkley, Sanders and James Robinson at RB and already won the league last year and won it kind of convincingly.  Barkley's return will likely make up for much of the loss of Kamara,  meanwhile he dealt his oldest RB to get two prime pieces of youth plus Ruggs. This is exactly how teams that are at the top of their leagues stay on top of their leagues for a long time. It's reloading so you never have to rebuild.

The team that got Kamara got a great player of course and he might be the push they need to be competitive but giving up two prime pieces of youth to get what will be a 26 year old RB on his second contract when your team was not a playoff team last year and on paper you still don't project as a 3 team in the league is not something I would ever be in favor of doing. If I ever made a deal like this to get Kamara giving up those picks I'd have to think he's the guy that gets me over the top, not seeing it here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Kamara deal.  FFPC

Kamara

For

Amari Cooper, Joe Burrow, pick 14, pick 18, pick 24, future 1st  (the future 1st belongs to a team with a good chance at making the playoffs)

Team dealing away Kamara is looking to the future

Edited by ghostguy123
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

FFPC

Myles Gaskin for a 2022 2nd rounder

I would be cashing out on Gaskin now as well. I feel like there’s a good chance Aaron Jones winds up there, and even if not I think the chances are good they draft a back high. Would have preferred a 2021 2nd, but this is fine too. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Another Kamara deal.  FFPC

Kamara

For

Amari Cooper, Joe Burrow, pick 14, pick 18, pick 24, future 1st  (the future 1st belongs to a team with a good chance at making the playoffs)

Team dealing away Kamara is looking to the future

In FFPC in particular if I'm trading Kamara the best piece I get back can't be Amari Cooper.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

12 team ppr

Team A - 1.02, 3.08

team B - 1.10, 2.02

 

I don't like this at all...don't understand the thinking and there is no way they should have had to add the 3.8 as well.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team Superflex PPR:

Team Gave: Ruggs, 2021 Pick 1.11, and 2022 (should be) Late 1st.

Got: Anthony McFarland, 2021 Pick 1.04.

Before I comment are there 4 players you absolutely love in this draft?  Are you desperate for a QB because it is Super-flex?

Edited by Boston
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Any thoughts on this one?

Seems like a bit too much to give up for...Jevonte Williams? Devonta Smith?

Oh, superflex. Well then...maybe.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Seems like a bit too much to give up for...Jevonte Williams? Devonta Smith?

Oh, superflex. Well then...maybe.

 

42 minutes ago, Boston said:

Before I comment are there 4 players you absolutely love in this draft?  Are you desperate for a QB because it is Super-flex?

 

I have the 1.01 and will be taking Trevor Lawrence. I'm still hoping to grab one of Smith, Chase, Etienne, or Harris if possible. Being Superflex, one of those guys will be available at 1.04. I still have 3 firsts for 2022 if that matters at all. I understand it could be a bit of an overpay though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jadensdad said:

12 team ppr

Team A - 1.02, 3.08

team B - 1.10, 2.02

 

There's no reason for the 1.02 to make a deal like this now. That pick is only going to go up in value.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

 

 

I have the 1.01 and will be taking Trevor Lawrence. I'm still hoping to grab one of Smith, Chase, Etienne, or Harris if possible. Being Superflex, one of those guys will be available at 1.04. I still have 3 firsts for 2022 if that matters at all. I understand it could be a bit of an overpay though.

I get it now...I'm usually not a fan of trading a future #1 too early because you never know what will happen but you are stocked so you can...now that I look at the whole picture I really like this deal a lot...adding one of those guys to Lawrence is a very nice haul and it's obvious you are dealing from strength (i.e. extra assets) so you are accomplishing this without touching your core...nice job! 

Edited by Boston
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boston said:

I get it now...I'm usually not a fan of trading a future #1 too early because you never know what will happen but you are stocked so you can...now that I look at the whole picture I really like this deal a lot...adding one of those guys to Lawrence is a very nice haul and it's obvious you are dealing from strength (i.e. extra assets) so you are accomplishing this without touching your core...nice job! 

Thanks! I feel good about it, being able to add Lawrence with Dak, and add one of Harris, Etienne, Smith or Chase to go along with Barkley, Dobbins, Dillon, Penny, Chark, Jeudy, Shenault, Reagor, and Kittle among others. I know all aren't studs but guys that have potential to be contributors soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Thanks! I feel good about it, being able to add Lawrence with Dak, and add one of Harris, Etienne, Smith or Chase to go along with Barkley, Dobbins, Dillon, Penny, Chark, Jeudy, Shenault, Reagor, and Kittle among others. I know all aren't studs but guys that have potential to be contributors soon.

Trading 3 decent players for the best 1 is a savvy long term move. Sounds like you're in of a bit of a roster crunch too, so this is a win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, menobrown said:

Someone would have to pay me a second to roster Gaskin when cutdowns are due.

I'm not even sure I could do that. Who am I cutting to do it? Will I give up a little value later in a trade to get to 16? Probably. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boston said:

I don't like this at all...don't understand the thinking and there is no way they should have had to add the 3.8 as well.

Best guess that owner is the one that sent the offer and it was insta accepted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen Hunt moved lately in a PPR dynasty league? In one of my leagues where I own Chubb, I've been offered Hunt for my 1.11 rookie pick. This seems like pretty solid value to me, regardless of Chubb being on my roster. Just curious if anyone can share recent trades involving Hunt to give me an idea of his value right now. Wouldn't most smash accept that offer? 

Edited by ffmail4me
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Has anyone seen Hunt moved lately in a PPR dynasty league? In one of my leagues where I own Chubb, I've been offered Hunt for my 1.11 rookie pick. This seems like pretty solid value to me, regardless of Chubb being on my roster. Just curious if anyone can share recent trades involving Hunt to give me an idea of his value right now. Wouldn't most smash accept that offer? 

Kareem Hunt and a late 2021 3rd
for
1.10

Happened in a league I'm in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Watching Hunt's production/use tail off this season, trading a first for him feels like a trap.

Maybe but I think his trade value is greater than the 1.11 so I made the trade. Wouldn't be against trading him in a package deal to get a RB I like even better ;) ABC right? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Has anyone seen Hunt moved lately in a PPR dynasty league? In one of my leagues where I own Chubb, I've been offered Hunt for my 1.11 rookie pick. This seems like pretty solid value to me, regardless of Chubb being on my roster. Just curious if anyone can share recent trades involving Hunt to give me an idea of his value right now. Wouldn't most smash accept that offer? 

I think 1.11 is about right and I had Chubb I know for sure I'd pay it.

But I've not seen him traded anywhere lately but here are some failed trades for him.

I know values constantly change but around week 11 I was offered Mike Evans for him and rejected it, but fwiw I thought value was on Evans side but team/league makeup were factors.

Literally dealing the Steeler's game this week when Hunt scored his second TD I  tried to srike while iron was hot and offered him to the Chubb owner along with Brady and 3.1 for CEH. I got one of those "not even close" responses, which may be right, I don't know, hard to know how people value players right now and I know some are pretty down on CEH.

But I think owning the duo is outstanding and I'd pay 1.11 if I was you and you were not negatively impacted by adding an extra roster spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

offered him to the Chubb owner along with Brady and 3.1 for CEH. I got one of those "not even close" responses, 

I don't think I'd have accepted either but it's not "not close" if you're paying attention to CEH's performance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, menobrown said:

I think 1.11 is about right and I had Chubb I know for sure I'd pay it.

But I've not seen him traded anywhere lately but here are some failed trades for him.

I know values constantly change but around week 11 I was offered Mike Evans for him and rejected it, but fwiw I thought value was on Evans side but team/league makeup were factors.

Literally dealing the Steeler's game this week when Hunt scored his second TD I  tried to srike while iron was hot and offered him to the Chubb owner along with Brady and 3.1 for CEH. I got one of those "not even close" responses, which may be right, I don't know, hard to know how people value players right now and I know some are pretty down on CEH.

But I think owning the duo is outstanding and I'd pay 1.11 if I was you and you were not negatively impacted by adding an extra roster spot.

I own CEH in PPR & would have rejected as well. If that is a start 1 QB league, Brady has next to no value IMO. If it's superflex, it might not be that bad of an offer. I have the 1.09 for 2021 & I am not sure Hunt is worth that much. Am I just unrealistic?

On the flip side, I have no idea what other sort of RBs I should expect to get for the 1.09 either

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunt is a tough one.  He seems to have very little value but how often do you get a chance to buy a 25 year old that just finished as RB10 and will head into next year with no change in situation?

Even though he trended down a bit throughout the year he was still RB17 from weeks 10-17.  While that's not great (he was lower in PPG) it's still a pretty nice asset to have even if he only repeated that performance.  He's been a mid/low RB2 in PPG in each of the last 2 years.

I do definitely get that some people like to shoot for the moon though and would rather have the pick.

Personally I have way too many shares of him and am going to look to move him alongside a mid/late 1st round pick for an upgrade this year, though it sounds like he may not add much to the trade.

Maybe I'll try and package him with Burrow for a QB upgrade instead.  Seems like Watson might be a nice target.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...