Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

14 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Hunt is a tough one.  He seems to have very little value but how often do you get a chance to buy a 25 year old that just finished as RB10 and will head into next year with no change in situation?

Even though he trended down a bit throughout the year he was still RB17 from weeks 10-17.  While that's not great (he was lower in PPG) it's still a pretty nice asset to have even if he only repeated that performance.  He's been a mid/low RB2 in PPG in each of the last 2 years.

I do definitely get that some people like to shoot for the moon though and would rather have the pick.

Personally I have way too many shares of him and am going to look to move him alongside a mid/late 1st round pick for an upgrade this year, though it sounds like he may not add much to the trade.

Maybe I'll try and package him with Burrow for a QB upgrade instead.  Seems like Watson might be a nice target.

Chubb missed a little time, but even his averages with Chubb playing were flex worthy, not to mention the upside of how well he could do if Chubb was hurt, or who knows maybe Hunt is traded.

Under contract for two more years.  Entering next season at 26.  He probably gets a starter's deal entering age 28 but at 28 maybe you get two good starting years.

All in all I would happily pay a late 1st if I needed RB depth and was competing, and would probably be happy to sell for a 1st if I was in a rebuild.  

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

On 1/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, ghostguy123 said:

Another Kamara deal.  FFPC

Kamara

For

Amari Cooper, Joe Burrow, pick 14, pick 18, pick 24, future 1st  (the future 1st belongs to a team with a good chance at making the playoffs)

Team dealing away Kamara is looking to the future

Kamara.

Not hard to find players equivalent to Cooper and Burrow, who is also injured.  And a bunch of lottery tickets that might not yield a difference maker... And you probably have to release players to meet roster limits?  

14 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team, .5 PPR, and 1 QB...

This year's champ gives:

Josh Jacobs, 2022 1st (projected very late again), and 2022 4th

for

Jalen Reagor, 1.6, 1.8, 1.11 and 3.4

Thoughts?

The future 1st to me is a wash with pick 11 and the 4th.

So picks 6 and 8 plus Reagor for Jacobs?

Assuming the champ isnt rebuilding and probably has other strong RBs, so doing a value shift type of move.   Seems fair for both in terms of value

This year's champ gives:

for

Thoughts?

I'm not a Jacobs fan. I'll take Reagor + picks.

This year's champ gives:

for

Thoughts?

Interesting deal...my guess is since this guy is the champ he has a good amount of talent (i.e. he can afford to move Jacobs) and due to that this is the type of deal that will continue his success as he has a chance to really make his team very deep...I like Jacobs but I don't know how much more upside he has due to Gruden...if I am gonna give up three #1's I would rather use them on another target.

This year's champ gives:

for

Thoughts?

And deals like this are why he will probably win more championships in the future.

FFPC

I gave Damien Harris, 2022 2nd
I got 2.04, 2022 3rd

This gives me 1.03, 1.05, 1.09, 2.01, 2.04 and 2.09. I have Robinson, Gibson, Dobbins and I think I like the capital I got in return for Harris as an extra piece to (help) move up to 1.01 or 1.02. Also, cleared a roster spot. 

Edited by barackdhouse
2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC

I gave Damien Harris, 2022 2nd
I got 2.04, 2022 3rd

It's close to a wash but if I had to pick I would take Harris and the #2...never a bad thing to move on from a Patriot RB but I do think Harris will probably be in a better spot next year with Cam not vulturing TDs...it's the 2022 #2 that tilts it for me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Boston said:

It's close to a wash but if I had to pick I would take Harris and the #2...never a bad thing to move on from a Patriot RB but I do think Harris will probably be in a better spot next year with Cam not vulturing TDs...it's the 2022 #2 that tilts it for me.

Yeah I don't disagree. I think it's pretty fair. I expect my 2nd to be late in 2022 (who doesn't I know), and his 3rd to be early, but I usually don't let 2nd/3rd swaps get in the way of deals for me. In my experience I am able to accumulate 2nd & 3rd rounders pretty easily from year to year. I now have 3 of them (2nds) in 2021, none of them are mine. I usually operate under the assumption I will gain more picks in other trades between now and 16 months from now. It isn't a 100% safe assumption by any means, but if the net negative is that I have one less 2nd next year, that is a neglible risk in my book. 

However, if I needed RBs I don't think Harris is a terrible buy low, and to parlay that into an extra 2nd for next year (from that owners POV), I see this is win-win. 

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 1

I bought a really crappy FFPC orphan this week. $250 team for $39 at auction. 

I gave Mahomes, Irv Jr, 2022 3rd
I got Claypool, Moss, 2.12, 2022 2nd

I have my work cut out for me on this one but $39 is too cheap for this team. I can make it competitive in year 1. I took over an orphan project last year (it wasn't FFPC). Team was 1-12 and scoring 108 PPG (11 starters) and I took it to 8-5 and lost the tiebreaker to get into the playoffs by ~30 pts. In year 1. And averaging 168 PPG. I can make this team strong, too. Theoretically even if I make it just a little better I can probably sell it for more than $39.

15 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

The future 1st to me is a wash with pick 11 and the 4th.

So picks 6 and 8 plus Reagor for Jacobs?

Assuming the champ isnt rebuilding and probably has other strong RBs, so doing a value shift type of move.   Seems fair for both in terms of value

I'm the champ but have Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, Montgomery, Gus Edwards, Gio, and Benny Snell at RB outside of Jacobs.

17 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

PPR 

Gave: Noah Fant

Got: 2022 1st

If you don't have a top two TE, better off improving elsewhere. 

You have more patience than I do to wait 2 years to get a return on investment.

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

You have more patience than I do to wait 2 years to get a return on investment.

The plan is to trade it for a QB or a late first this year. There's always someone that thinks next year will be better.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The plan is to trade it for a QB or a late first this year. There's always someone that thinks next year will be better.

Yeah that 1st gives you more trade flexibility not less. Fant, although people like him, doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This trade was more cap related on my part than anything else. IDP Dynasty salary league. PPR

I gave up Alvin Kamara, George Kittle, Laviska Shenault, and Anthony Walker.

I got Antonio Gibson, Mark Andrews, Brando Aiyuk, and Patrick McQueen.

Like I said mainly cap driven on my part. I was going to be forced to cut a lot of good players to get under the cap for next year, even before the rookie draft. I also have the 3rd pick in the draft and my own late round first. Another factor I considered is even as good as Kamara is, with Taysom Hill at QB, I think Kamara's value diminishes.

1 minute ago, Pwingles said:

12 team sf/te prem

sent - B edwards, Gabe davis, 2.02

Got - Chark

Honestly...I'd rather have Davis & 2.2. Davis is ascending and the 2.2 ain't nothing this year. I think Chark is plateaued regardless of next year's QB. :shrug:

Oh, and I guess I'd take Edwards too.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Honestly...I'd rather have Davis & 2.2. Davis is ascending and the 2.2 ain't nothing this year. I think Chark is plateaued regardless of next year's QB. :shrug:

Oh, and I guess I'd take Edwards too.

right on.

I have the 1.01, am taking TLaw 99.9% and wanted that connection. Have 3 1sts and 2 more 2's, so some roster clearing was gonna need to happen. I like Davis a lot, edwards i am cooling on but i scooped him up everywhere last draft season. Hopefully its not too big of a mistake

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Any thoughts on this one?

The Watson/Cooper vs Herbert/Lamb portion of the trade would slightly go to the Herbert/Lamb side.

The Logan Thomas/7 for 20/29/41 is a bigger win for that side then the smaller loss they took on the Herbert/Lamb side.

So I would easily go with the side getting Watson.

33 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Fair. Depends on who you like better. Gun to my head I'll take Herbert/Lamb since I don't care much for Cooper.

11 minutes ago, menobrown said:

The Watson/Cooper vs Herbert/Lamb portion of the trade would slightly go to the Herbert/Lamb side.

The Logan Thomas/7 for 20/29/41 is a bigger win for that side then the smaller loss they took on the Herbert/Lamb side.

So I would easily go with the side getting Watson.

Interesting comparison in perspective here, I think.

One way to look at trades is to ask "which is the better value" and another is simply "which players/picks would you rather have". I guess as long as it's not too egregious, I've started to go with the players I'd rather have even if it looks like I've "lost" a bit on total value. 

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Any thoughts on this one?

There are a lot of people ranking Lamb as a 1st round startup pick already so based on perceived value I would say that side.

I think I would prefer the other side and try to turn Cooper and the 7 into other pieces I like better but I can see the allure of Lamb.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:23 PM, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This year's champ gives:

for

Thoughts?

On paper I would prefer Jacobs and the future 1st in half PPR. I haven’t played half PPR but did play no PPR for a long time and RB’s (especially young ones) are gold. Any picks outside of early 1sts and WR’s rarely had much value in those leagues. I also don’t like Reagor much.

In actuality my guess is that Jacobs was probably the ranking champs RB3 or 4 so they are moving a non-core starter for a lot of good chances at rebuilding their depth for the future and some nice trade material. Jacobs owner gets a future 1st which is always good trade fodder, plus even great dynasty teams one season can struggle the next so there is upside there. Probably a good trade for both IMO.

1 hour ago, Buckna said:

On paper I would prefer Jacobs and the future 1st in half PPR. I haven’t played half PPR but did play no PPR for a long time and RB’s (especially young ones) are gold. Any picks outside of early 1sts and WR’s rarely had much value in those leagues. I also don’t like Reagor much.

In actuality my guess is that Jacobs was probably the ranking champs RB3 or 4 so they are moving a non-core starter for a lot of good chances at rebuilding their depth for the future and some nice trade material. Jacobs owner gets a future 1st which is always good trade fodder, plus even great dynasty teams one season can struggle the next so there is upside there. Probably a good trade for both IMO.

You are correct that I have Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, and Montgomery as well as some lower end guys like Gus Edwards, Gio, and Benny Snell so a lot of depth.  Our trades can't be finalized until after the SB when the league re-opens so this could be evolving as I also have Kittle & Kelce so he is looking to figure something out to include a TE also.

I had traded my last year's draft and my 1st 2 picks this year during the season to build my team due to injuries so wanted to get some draft capital back is the only reason.  I like the players I am giving away much more but figured it was a good time to get some of those picks.

• Like 2

Non-ppr, IDP

Gave: Dallas Goedert

Got: 2.10

I know people won't like this one, but his perceived value isn't close to reality. I offered him to the Eagles fan for a 2.4 and was turned down flat.

I'm in a total teardown and want the flexibility of picks. Now I have four firsts and three seconds.

On 1/19/2021 at 2:35 PM, tex said:

This trade was more cap related on my part than anything else. IDP Dynasty salary league. PPR

I gave up Alvin Kamara, George Kittle, Laviska Shenault, and Anthony Walker.

I got Antonio Gibson, Mark Andrews, Brando Aiyuk, and Patrick McQueen.

Like I said mainly cap driven on my part. I was going to be forced to cut a lot of good players to get under the cap for next year, even before the rookie draft. I also have the 3rd pick in the draft and my own late round first. Another factor I considered is even as good as Kamara is, with Taysom Hill at QB, I think Kamara's value diminishes.

Depends a bit on your IDP scoring, as McQueen is worth a lot more than Walker.   That said, this looks like a you might have given up a little more, but if you had to trade under salary cap duress, I'd say you did pretty damn good.

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Non-ppr, IDP

I know people won't like this one, but his perceived value isn't close to reality. I offered him to the Eagles fan for a 2.4 and was turned down flat.

I'm in a total teardown and want the flexibility of picks. Now I have four firsts and three seconds.

I'm not surprised you were turned down at 2.04, as there might be some very nice players available at that pick.   So that said, 2.10 isn't a bad decision if you're in rebuild mode, and the top 2 TEs in the draft look like winners.

A lot of other years I'd take Goedert.

Edited by The Future Champs
corrected pick #
15 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

I'm not surprised you were turned down at 2.04, as there might be some very nice players available at that pick.   So that said, 2.08 isn't a bad decision if you're in rebuild mode, and the top 2 TEs in the draft look like winners.

A lot of other years I'd take Goedert.

I think I’d need a late first to consider giving up Goedert. TEs take too long to develop. Why start over? If you drafted him, this is what you’ve been waiting for. 

Edited by Blick
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

TEs are fantasy's new kickers. Other than the top two their performance is so random week to week it's not worth worrying about.

Very true, except owning a TE that breaks out is a very nice thing indeed.    I've got Hockenson, Kittle, and the 1.06, and I'll be sorely tempted to use that on Pitts if he's available.   (Assuming the best RBs are gone, and I'm already stacked at WR.)

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

TEs are fantasy's new kickers. Other than the top two their performance is so random week to week it's not worth worrying about.

What do you consider the 2.10 if not random chance at a starter? As was mentioned earlier I’m not moving Goedert for the 2.10. Not even close. This is a wonderful time of year to poach players like this because people just love draft picks!!

Edited by BigAl21
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, BigAl21 said:

What do you consider the 2.10 if not random chance at a starter? As was mentioned earlier I’m not moving Goedert for the 2.10. Not even close. This is a wonderful time of year to poach players like this because people just love draft picks!!

It's a little different in IDP since the 22 picks will include some defensive players (although I'm not sure about that). So the 2.10 has a lot of possibilities.

There were three TEs in the top 40 pass catchers in non-ppr this year  Kelce, Waller, and Tonyan. The last was on most people's waiver wire to begin the season. (I know, there would have been four if Kittle hadn't been hurt.)

Further, the difference in PPG between #3 Tonyan and #10 Hayden Hurst was not quite 1.8 points. That's not a big difference to me. You may differ, and that's okay.

There were a lot of players with more upside than Goedert that went around the 2.10 mark last year. Your list may vary but I'd rather have a chance at a guy like Justin Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Chase Claypool, Kenneth Murray (LB), and possibly Shenault than sit with an easily replicable player in Goedert.

But the real value is increased flexibility. You're right, people love rookie picks. Which means they're of better use in packages to move up (or down) in the draft. A hypothetical move of 1.8 to 1.5 (or whatever) is typically easier to do with draft picks than players.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, people projecting Goedert to match the production of peak Ertz have a firm grip on an empty sack.

Trade proposal. 12-tm PPR SF.

Team A (High-end contender) receives:
- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

Team B (Low-end contender) receives:
- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Carson Wentz (Eagles fan, Wentz believer)
- Myles Gaskin

18 minutes ago, AJF07 said:

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin

This belongs in the Assistant Coach Forum.

But as long as I'm here...Lamb/Sanders/1.07 by a LOT.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 6
27 minutes ago, AJF07 said:

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin

Hope Team B got dinner and some hard drinks too ;)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's a little different in IDP since the 22 picks will include some defensive players (although I'm not sure about that). So the 2.10 has a lot of possibilities.

There were three TEs in the top 40 pass catchers in non-ppr this year  Kelce, Waller, and Tonyan. The last was on most people's waiver wire to begin the season. (I know, there would have been four if Kittle hadn't been hurt.)

Further, the difference in PPG between #3 Tonyan and #10 Hayden Hurst was not quite 1.8 points. That's not a big difference to me. You may differ, and that's okay.

There were a lot of players with more upside than Goedert that went around the 2.10 mark last year. Your list may vary but I'd rather have a chance at a guy like Justin Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Chase Claypool, Kenneth Murray (LB), and possibly Shenault than sit with an easily replicable player in Goedert.

But the real value is increased flexibility. You're right, people love rookie picks. Which means they're of better use in packages to move up (or down) in the draft. A hypothetical move of 1.8 to 1.5 (or whatever) is typically easier to do with draft picks than players.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, people projecting Goedert to match the production of peak Ertz have a firm grip on an empty sack.

I guess it all comes down to where you value a guy like Goedert. While this past draft might have seen some names like Gibson and Aiyuk in the 20-24 range it was full of land mines as well, with the likes of Hamler, Edwards, Vaughn, Tyler Johnson, Eno Benjamin, McFarland, Prople-Jones, depending on that site you get your ADP from. IDP format might push a name or two back in the top 22, but doesn’t change my outlook on this trade.

not that these guys should be judged after a single, weird rookie season either, but their lack of current value doesn’t help in your rosters current flexibility, either.

I for one prefer to accumulate good football players then play the flexible roster game. And I view Goedert as a good football player. I fully understand if someone doesn’t agree on this point as He does need to put together a full solid season.

Edited by BigAl21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, AJF07 said:

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin

B looking to stay low end I guess...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AJF07 said:

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin

Team A in a heartbeat, and it isn't even close IMHO.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AJF07 said:

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin

This is a terrible deal.  Like that might have been an ok deal had they not had to give 1.7 also.  I'd rage accept this deal as Team A.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Non-ppr, IDP

It’s not like goedart is old.  This is his time with ertz likely cut.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****