Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

16 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Been offering trades the last 2 weeks I think in FFPC, finally got one done. Either my leagues aren't paying attention yet, or none of my offers are worth responding.

I traded: D'Andre Swift, 1.08

I got: Kittle, 1.05

I view a tier jump from 8 to 5 and I'm not sold on Swift's situation long term. My biggest hole was TE so I got that figured out. Still have Taylor, Akers, Gibson, Sanders as my RB's

I got Swift on par with Kittle myself but with it certainly being possible we see a tier drop off from 8 to 5 and addressing a need with a surplus is all good work.

11 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Btw it seems like we have a ton of FFPC players in here.  Any interest in later on in the offseason all jumping into the same FFPC startup league and having an FFPC league of mostly FBGs?  Would be fun to be in some leagues with some of you all.

Yeah I would. I tried to do a $350 FBG contest last year with a bunch of us and probably would have pulled it off but once COVID hit I abandoned bothering with it. There are a couple of us that have already spoken about doing a startup though. We can keep thinking about it.

15 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Winning.  Kittle>>Swift

I bought an orphan and swung a few deals right away.

Past couple weeks I noticed about 8 teams not engaged at all.  

People are in too many leagues these days and need a break.  Covid?

Yes I wiped a bunch of leagues off my slate at the end of 2020 and bought a few orphans that I'm comfortable with, but COVID doesn't help. I'm in Oregon where things have been arguably locked down the most and for the longest, so yeah I have too much time on my hands. My son is more or less on autopilot by himself doing 2nd grade in his bedroom, where he doesn't need as much 1 on 1 as he did in September/October.

Anyway I have seen activity really pick up in my leagues in the last week or so. But it seems there are always deadbeats regardless of format or time of year.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Been offering trades the last 2 weeks I think in FFPC, finally got one done. Either my leagues aren't paying attention yet, or none of my offers are worth responding.

I traded: D'Andre Swift, 1.08

I got: Kittle, 1.05

I view a tier jump from 8 to 5 and I'm not sold on Swift's situation long term. My biggest hole was TE so I got that figured out. Still have Taylor, Akers, Gibson, Sanders as my RB's

I like your side for all the reasons you said, but I think even if someone is really pro-Swift this deal probably still makes sense.

Hard to know on the bolded, right? Sometimes the owners that I think are inactive will perk up the instant they see an asset they like. In that league we're in together, FWIW, I have "Zyphros from FBG forum - good guy I like a lot - probably too expensive for me most of the time". Doesn't mean a lot, just a point of reference. There are owners that are out of my ballpark on deals and I tend to shy away in the future. But I try to be realistic about it and acknowledge that it is just as likely that I am too cheap.

1 hour ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

The seller could have just orphaned it for a net loss of $100 vs $95 so pretty meh on the selling side.

I would be up for a little FBG dynasty combat:boxing: 

Yeah man it's a little bizarre. Like you have to pay the full entry to be able to sell it. So you're agreeing to take a loss by setting the price so low, regardless of whether they pay the $5 fee thru DD or whether straight thru FFPC. I don't know what the deadline is for FFPC to fill all these orphans, but it seems like (previous owners) could wait just a little longer for guys like me to pay up. 

I'm telling you a couple of these teams I bought should probably be discounted but nothing remotely close to as low as I paid. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's light for Kelce OR Sanders.

Probably true. SF gives slight bump to 1.04 but still imbalanced. If Lawrence and whoever QB2 ends up being goes before 1.04, then you're looking at RB1 or WR1 there. Also a chance for the new 1.04 owner to get to 1.01 easier. It is a bad deal, though. 

18 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Probably true. SF gives slight bump to 1.04 but still imbalanced. If Lawrence and whoever QB2 ends up being goes before 1.04, then you're looking at RB1 or WR1 there. Also a chance for the new 1.04 owner to get to 1.01 easier. It is a bad deal, though. 

Not a new owner.  Last season champ got the picks...

• Thinking 1
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

I like your side for all the reasons you said, but I think even if someone is really pro-Swift this deal probably still makes sense.

Hard to know on the bolded, right? Sometimes the owners that I think are inactive will perk up the instant they see an asset they like. In that league we're in together, FWIW, I have "Zyphros from FBG forum - good guy I like a lot - probably too expensive for me most of the time". Doesn't mean a lot, just a point of reference. There are owners that are out of my ballpark on deals and I tend to shy away in the future. But I try to be realistic about it and acknowledge that it is just as likely that I am too cheap.

How dare you!

That league we're in together though, our teams are almost polar opposites so it makes sense nothing would really work for us. We went different routes in the startup and we're playing to how we set it up. Those 2 styles just don't really cross paths, at least for now. 

I have notes on most of my league mates, mostly just the ones that have shown interest in a player, or that actually communicate in trade offers rather than just sending an offer. Not necessarily about their style or anything though. 

I'm totally kidding I don't find it disrespectful or anything since I have notes about owners as well. 

I would qualify as that really pro-Swift guy and yes I thought it made sense.

13 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Btw it seems like we have a ton of FFPC players in here.  Any interest in later on in the offseason all jumping into the same FFPC startup league and having an FFPC league of mostly FBGs?  Would be fun to be in some leagues with some of you all.

Or just form our own and not pay vig, I'm in 3 private leagues that broke off from FFPC players and the leagues are all on MFL and 5+ years old and never have issues. I've not done a startup in 5 years, I'd be interested either way except I'm super picky on the date range(which has been one of my issues doing a new startup) because I'll only do them if the drafts start from late May to mid July. Not strategic reason for this either I'm just not into baseball and by this time my rookie drafts are all over and that time period is super dead for me and I like filling it up with a startup.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Or just form our own and not pay vig, I'm in 3 private leagues that broke off from FFPC players and the leagues are all on MFL and 5+ years old and never have issues. I've not done a startup in 5 years, I'd be interested either way except I'm super picky on the date range(which has been one of my issues doing a new startup) because I'll only do them if the drafts start from late May to mid July. Not strategic reason for this either I'm just not into baseball and by this time my rookie drafts are all over and that time period is super dead for me and I like filling it up with a startup.

Yeah only problem spinning off to save the vig is then someone would have to commish it to fill openings that come up, especially if we have less than 12 FBGs and need the other spots filled.

Plus FFPC's website is pretty slick.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

How dare you!

That league we're in together though, our teams are almost polar opposites so it makes sense nothing would really work for us. We went different routes in the startup and we're playing to how we set it up. Those 2 styles just don't really cross paths, at least for now. 

I have notes on most of my league mates, mostly just the ones that have shown interest in a player, or that actually communicate in trade offers rather than just sending an offer. Not necessarily about their style or anything though. 

I'm totally kidding I don't find it disrespectful or anything since I have notes about owners as well. 

Haha yeah we did go different routes and I think you're right. A lot of the time there just isn't a sweet spot there.

FFPC SF:

I gave Golladay, 3.03
I got 2.03, Slayton, Perine, 2022 3rd

If it matters I offered Golladay for his 1.11 straight up the other day and he declined. I feel like this is even more value on my side, though. I don't have a ton of hope for Slayton but I think there is nowhere to go but up for the Giants assuming they get Barkley back healthy. And I'm just not into Golladay. I know he is probably about to go somewhere shiny in FA, but I think Slayton could still outperform him in 2021 and is obviously younger. Perine is a throw in and if I was willing to do Golladay for 1.11 then 2.03 plus all those other pieces seems like a win. Now I have 1.09, 2.03, 2.05, 2.09 and should be able to parlay that into some top WR/RB combos in this SF format.

2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

How dare you!

I don't really keep much for notes. It's mostly for when certain things really stand out that I want to take note of. Usually it is that they are interested in a player or we have had some kind of chat in the past about deal(s) that might be relevant to remember. From another perspective I don't want to spam people that have already turned me down and aren't interested in some asset. I probably offer the same crap too much to people so I try to be aware. In your case I was joking about the price thing - only reason I made a note was because I thought you might like Juju and because I didn't want to forget that you're Zyphros. I think your strategy out of the startup is about to start paying off, though. You're in a strong position to leverage this draft into a perennial contender, IMO. 

Zealots Field (PPR with IDPs; 53-man rosters)

Traded:

OBJ, Joe Schobert, 2021 5.11 rookie pick

Received:

Keenan Allen, 2021 4.05

It's just that I figure OBJ is done as far as being a top-20 WR and I've now sold my shares of him.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field (PPR with IDPs; 53-man rosters)

Traded:

OBJ, Joe Schobert, 2021 5.11 rookie pick

Received:

Keenan Allen, 2021 4.05

It's just that I figure OBJ is done as far as being a top-20 WR and I've now sold my shares of him.

To me and Dynasty Trade Calculator, it's very close, depends how you are at LB and exactly how done you think Beckham is.

Edited by rockaction
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

To me and Dynasty Trade Calculator, it's very close, depends how you are at LB and exactly how done you think Beckham is.

Still have Blake Martinez, KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner at LB.  Really feel OBJ is in too much of a time-share with Landry and their great rushing attack to be much of a WR1.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Still have Blake Martinez, KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner at LB.  Really feel OBJ is in too much of a time-share with Landry and their great rushing attack to be much of a WR1.

Not bad. KJ is a free agent, though, right? Still, that's an adequate LB3. You had essentially three LB1s before. So you'd be stronger at LB with Schobert, but Allen really trumps OBJ right now in terms of production, IMO. So good work for your individual team.

Edited by rockaction

FFPC cutdown motivated trade:

Gave: Dawson Knox, 2.8

Got: 2.3

Knox was a projected cut who I just picked up on the last waiver run of the season, I had picks 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10 and in hindsight probably should have offered 2.10 instead because based on reaction I think it would have been accepted, heck might have even got 3.8/Knox for 2.3 so probably did not maximize my trade but still glad to move up.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

FFPC cutdown motivated trade:

Gave: Dawson Knox, 2.8

Got: 2.3

Knox was a projected cut who I just picked up on the last waiver run of the season, I had picks 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10 and in hindsight probably should have offered 2.10 instead because based on reaction I think it would have been accepted, heck might have even got 3.8/Knox for 2.3 so probably did not maximize my trade but still glad to move up.

I like it. Dawson's just a guy, though his role is growing as we could see in the latter stages of the year, especially the Miami game. If you were going to cut him, anyway, though, that's a good move.

Edited by rockaction

FFPC SF:

I gave Golladay, 3.03

If it matters I offered Golladay for his 1.11 straight up the other day and he declined. I feel like this is even more value on my side, though. I don't have a ton of hope for Slayton but I think there is nowhere to go but up for the Giants assuming they get Barkley back healthy. And I'm just not into Golladay. I know he is probably about to go somewhere shiny in FA, but I think Slayton could still outperform him in 2021 and is obviously younger. Perine is a throw in and if I was willing to do Golladay for 1.11 then 2.03 plus all those other pieces seems like a win. Now I have 1.09, 2.03, 2.05, 2.09 and should be able to parlay that into some top WR/RB combos in this SF format.

I would much rather have the Golladay side.  I just don't trust Slayton to do anything more than a bye week hope starter and Perine doesn't do anything for me.  The picks are not nearly enough to give up a stud in Golladay.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gally said:

I would much rather have the Golladay side.  I just don't trust Slayton to do anything more than a bye week hope starter and Perine doesn't do anything for me.  The picks are not nearly enough to give up a stud in Golladay.

I’m with you here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/21/2021 at 7:38 PM, The Future Champs said:

Depends a bit on your IDP scoring, as McQueen is worth a lot more than Walker.   That said, this looks like a you might have given up a little more, but if you had to trade under salary cap duress, I'd say you did pretty damn good.

Yes IDP's score pretty high in this league, especially for big plays like sacks, int's, etc. But as I said it was mainly cap driven and I think I came out of it pretty well.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:26 PM, FreeBaGeL said:

It depends on league format in my case. 

8 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF:

I gave Golladay, 3.03

Yikes. I understand being disappointed in Golladay but I think he has a higher ceiling than Slayton. Even if you don’t believe in Golladay I think you sold too cheap. A good landing spot is going to give Golladay a bump in value that would have netted you more. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF:

I gave Golladay, 3.03

I have been trying to sell Golladay for weeks with no real offers worth a crap. I would not have done the deal you did.2.03 + the right player, sure, but not Perine or SLayton.

22 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC not involved:

Team A gave Montgomery, 3.03
Team B gave Gesicki, 1.09

Team A gave 1.09, 3.03
Team C gave Juju, 3.12

Team A appears to be double dipping with the 3.03 pick.......that's great if you can get away with it.

Edited by Gally
  • Thinking 1
10 hours ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

Yikes. I understand being disappointed in Golladay but I think he has a higher ceiling than Slayton. Even if you don’t believe in Golladay I think you sold too cheap. A good landing spot is going to give Golladay a bump in value that would have netted you more. 

I'd take that bet. I would agree he has a higher floor than Slayton but ceilings are comparable and he is getting a bit older. He was my WR4 and now Slayton will be (unless I trade him before it matters). The 2.03 is the main piece here that I was targeting. 

3 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

I have been trying to sell Golladay for weeks with no real offers worth a crap. I would not have done the deal you did.2.03 + the right player, sure, but not Perine or SLayton.

I am obviously higher on Slayton than consensus and much lower on Golladay but what if this was 2.03 plus player X that maybe you do like in that price area? (I have to remind people this is SF) We can agree to disagree on Slayton but on value this deal favors me or plays as a wash. Perine is a throw in and not even worth mentioning. 

I have argued repeatedly, though, that value is not the end goal. It is a tool. The goal is to crush opponents in the box score. Golladay is not a stud, IMO. He can get you good floor chalk (and that is worth owning) but I want more. Now that I have 1.09, 2.03, 2.05 and 2.09 I feel confident that I will be able to move up and get a difference maker and maybe 2 or 3 of them if I can acquire a little more capital. Nobody was going to be buying Golladay to facilitate me moving up in this draft. And getting difference makers in the draft is my goal. 

But purely on value this is close to even or in my favor. If I am even a little bit right about Slayton/Perine then I profit here. If I am able to draft a difference maker I profit. If I swing and miss on both players and draft a difference maker I profit. If I miss on all 3 I lose. The way I play this game I don't lose sleep over that kind of a risk. There are three paths to profit here. Even being right about Golladay fading or being overpriced can miminize the loss in the 4th path.

Anyway, I do imagine I am in the minority on this. I just don't think Golladay is all that.

6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I am obviously higher on Slayton than consensus and much lower on Golladay

Anyway, I do imagine I am in the minority on this. I just don't think Golladay is all that.

Nope. I got your back, which means it's the kiss of death and the Giants draft Jaylen Waddle as their main threat. And Golladay goes to like Green Bay or something.

• Thanks 1
Just now, rockaction said:

Nope. I got your back, which means it's the kiss of death and the Giants draft Jaylen Waddle as their main threat. And Golladay goes to like Green Bay or something.

If Barkley comes back healthy, I think the bolded would be a best case scenario for Slayton. In fact I am counting on them drafting a top WR that Slayton can complement. I'm not asking for much more than that from my WR4 and like I hinted at, he may be a trade piece for me well before we get to September.

I don't really see Shepard or Tate being impediments moving forward. QB of course is the real problem. Even this year without Barkley, Jones left some points out there re:Slayton. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I'd take that bet. I would agree he has a higher floor than Slayton but ceilings are comparable and he is getting a bit older. He was my WR4.

I don't understand how you can say Slayton's ceiling is comparable to Golladay.  2019 Golladay was a top 5 WR and in the games he finished in 2020 he never had less than double digits.

Slayton on the other hand was about WR50 in most scoring systems and last year (his good year) he was about WR30.  Can Slayton have a big game or two?  Sure but that does not equate ceiling if you never know when to play him.  

Golladay is by far the superior option in all ways and its not really close.  This is not meant to take anything away from Slayton as I also like his potential but he is no where near the talent of Golladay.

Edited by Gally
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

If Barkley comes back healthy, I think the bolded would be a best case scenario for Slayton. In fact I am counting on them drafting a top WR that Slayton can complement. I'm not asking for much more than that from my WR4 and like I hinted at, he may be a trade piece for me well before we get to September.

I don't really see Shepard or Tate being impediments moving forward. QB of course is the real problem. Even this year without Barkley, Jones left some points out there re:Slayton. 

I see. That's not bad logic. And Jones did leave points out there regarding Slayton in the two games I closely watched of theirs. So bombs away with Slayton.

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

People are just kidding themselves about Slayton.

Not as WR4 they aren't. He's anywhere from WR 30-50, as Gally points out. He's not Golladay, and I'd dissent a bit from barack's assessment there, but think sub 4.4 speed and reasonable hands. Guy's first season was touchdown-dependent, but that's who he is. He functions as Jones's deep threat.

5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Not as WR4 they aren't. He's anywhere from WR 30-50, as Gally points out. He's not Golladay, and I'd dissent a bit from barack's assessment there, but think sub 4.4 speed and reasonable hands. Guy's first season was touchdown-dependent, but that's who he is. He functions as Jones's deep threat.

He's gets to a WR4 by being a WR2 for two weeks and a WR6 for four. That's bad for trying to win week to week.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Gally said:

I don't understand how you can say Slayton's ceiling is comparable to Golladay.  2019 Golladay was a top 5 WR and in the games he finished in 2020 he never had less than double digits.

Slayton on the other hand was about WR50 in most scoring systems and last year (his good year) he was about WR30.  Can Slayton have a big game or two?  Sure but that does not equate ceiling if you never know when to play him.  

Golladay is by far the superior option in all ways and its not really close.  This is not meant to take anything away from Slayton as I also like his potential but he is no where near the talent of Golladay.

I'm interested in where (I think) the landscape is heading, not where it was. There is no disagreement that Golladay has scored more points and been more FF relevant in 4 years with Stafford than Slayton with his 2 years of Jones (and 1 without Barkley). On talent it is hard to compare because they play different WR styles. I'm talking about their ceiling moving forward. Obviously Slayton hasn't done it yet. Not consistently anyway.

I'm looking at 2019 FFPC stats and Golladay was WR12 in PPG and was within 0.8 PPG difference between WR8 and WR21. That isn't a stud and that isn't league winning. It isn't bad and has value. The league is (was?) top heavy at WR in PPR fantasy where the difference between low end WR1 and top end WR3 is minimal. And *relatively easily* replaceable, particularly when viewed as a person's WR4, where a RB or TE (FFPC is 1.5 points per TE reception) can be included in the replacement options.

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

He's gets to a WR4 by being a WR2 for two weeks and a WR6 for four. That's bad for trying to win week to week.

No, no we mean WR4 on my roster, not a WR4 vs the rest of the field in fantasy. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

And *relatively easily* replaceable, particularly when viewed as a person's WR4, where a RB or TE (FFPC is 1.5 points per TE reception) can be included in the replacement options.

####. Just remembered it is superflex as well so in the WR4 replaceable category, we are literally talking about the QB2 (on my roster) to compare to.

6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Think he covered it above. Not that it really should make any difference, as that's just a question of variance and how much you can stomach it week in and week out. I think that depends on how you construct your team, really. The "what the heck flex" is named that for a reason, I suppose. Sometimes we're willing to take a shot on a week winner that might put up five or less at times if our surrounding cast is variance-proof to a degree. 

That's my lay take on it.

Edited by rockaction
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****