Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

What would Robinson be worth in your opinion as far as rookie picks in dynasty leagues go?

Full disclosure: I am lower on Robinson than the consensus. Being a UFDA and playing a position that generally doesn't have a long shelf life I'd probably have him around 1.08ish as I like Harris, Etienne, Chase, Pitts, Moore, Smith, Waddle and possibly Bateman and Javonte Williams over him

Edited by Penguin
ETA: Also new front office and coaching staff
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB

Gave

Josh Jacobs, Davantae Booker, and 6.1

for

CeeDee Lamb, 2022 1st, and 4.4

It's pretty close between Lamb and Jacobs for me, so the 1st side pretty easily.

Same league with 12 teams, .5 PPR, and 1 QB....yesterday was the 1st day trades could be made official...IMO there were terrible trades below:

Team A gets - 1.5

Team B gets - 1.11 & 2.11

Team A gets - 2023 1st

Team C gets - 3.4 & 4.4

Team A gets - 2022 2nd & 2023 2nd

Team D gets - 2022 3rd & Leonard Fournette

I'm not a fan of any of these deals.

5 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Same league with 12 teams, .5 PPR, and 1 QB....yesterday was the 1st day trades could be made official...IMO there were terrible trades below:

Team A gets - 1.5

Team A gets - 2023 1st

Team C gets - 3.4 & 4.4

Every single one of these trades is lopsided.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Team A gets - 1.5

Team A gets - 2023 1st

Team C gets - 3.4 & 4.4

Give me the good picks in all and very easily.

The worst of the bunch is the 2023 1st for 3.4 & 4.4. I assume they haven't done their rookie draft, so it's not like a first round talent was sitting there OTC at 3.4 and the guy just had to get him. This screams of an owner who isn't planning to be there when the 2023 1st comes due and as such, this is the type of trade that leagues fold over.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Team A gets - 1.5

Team A gets - 2023 1st

Team C gets - 3.4 & 4.4

In all, Team A gives: 1.11, 2.11, 3.4, 4.4, 2022 3rd, Leonard Fournette

In all, Team A receives: 1.05, 2022 2nd, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd.

After a hard day's work, Team A gets two 2nds and a first for free.

Edited by Edgar

On 2/7/2021 at 4:53 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

I've always been told that most start 1 QBs aren't worth a 1st.

I offered a 2022 1st and Tonyan to a guy who won't start Prescott but for a bye week...rejected with no counter.

I get what you mean.

To a guy with Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert, I inquired about Burrow (he's a Chargers homer and I figured-correctly-he values Allen over Burrow).  Also part of this, he said he really values having 3 starting QBs.  Fair enough.

He wanted me to send Baker Mayfield, my 1.04 and 3.05 to him for Burrow.  I countered with Daniel Jones, my 1.09 and 3.05 and it basically floundered from there.

I didn't say it but at the cost he wanted, I could just take Lawrence at 1.04 and still be ahead by Mayfield and my 3.05.  Hell, in a 1 QB league, I might have been able to get Lawrence with the 1.09.

12 team, superflex

Sent 

2.7, 3.7

Received 

2.11, 8.11, Alexander Mattison

He's only 22, and the Vikes are gonna have to make a decision at rb .....pony up on cook, or let Mattison walk.

Gives me a few guys to hope pan out at rb.....edmonds, eno, Gus Edwards, penny

Only decent backs are Hunt, and Gibson

7 minutes ago, domvin said:

12 team, superflex

Sent 

2.7, 3.7

Received 

He's only 22, and the Vikes are gonna have to make a decision at rb .....pony up on cook, or let Mattison walk.

You got the right idea

22 minutes ago, domvin said:

12 team, superflex

Sent 

2.7, 3.7

Received 

Vikings already paid Cook.

5 year contract extension on September 12, 2020  worth $63 million in new money with a little over $16.3 million fully guaranteed at signing including a $15,506,361 signing bonus and fully guaranteed 2020 base salary..

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Vikings already paid Cook.

5 year contract extension on September 12, 2020  worth $63 million in new money with a little over $16.3 million fully guaranteed at signing including a $15,506,361 signing bonus and fully guaranteed 2020 base salary..

Thanks AD.......and I missed that I guess, I knew a decision was going to have to be made, and cook is the answer

So Mattison is a ufa in 2023, age of 25.   I can live with that, and he will have fresh legs, and essentially cost me a 3rd rounder

20 minutes ago, domvin said:

Thanks AD.......and I missed that I guess, I knew a decision was going to have to be made, and cook is the answer

So Mattison is a ufa in 2023, age of 25.   I can live with that, and he will have fresh legs, and essentially cost me a 3rd rounder

& a roster spot for 2-3 yrs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR; 

Miller, Scott TBB WR

Team B  gave up 

Ertz, Zach PHI TE;

I don’t think I’d give any 1st for Jeudy right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

12 team non-ppr, QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Gave 1.08, 2.06

Got 1.06

I also have 2.01 and 2.08, and wanted to get into top six of the draft. Probably paid to much to move up two spot mid round, but :shrug:.

Good one. I've been wondering what it would take to go from the 8 to one of the 3/4/5. I think this is about right for you.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Good one. I've been wondering what it would take to go from the 8 to one of the 3/4/5. I think this is about right for you.

Why is the three/four/five crucial, might I ask, and who do you see there?

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Why is the three/four/five crucial, might I ask, and who do you see there?

Because I think the top five are pretty clear in a set of Harris/Chase/Etienne/Waddle/Smith. I could maybe have my arm twisted to go to six with Williams.

Seven and eight are Lawrence and Pitts. Tipping my hand there...

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

Because I think the top five are pretty clear in a set of Harris/Chase/Etienne/Waddle/Smith. I could maybe have my arm twisted to go to six with Williams.

Seven and eight are Lawrence and Pitts. Tipping my hand there...

Gotcha. I've got it differently, but I'm not too radical about it. I don't have Smith there. I think 165 pounds is going to get killed in the NFL, Heisman or no Heisman. Tipping my hand also...

30 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

Gave 1.08, 2.06

Got 1.06

I also have 2.01 and 2.08, and wanted to get into top six of the draft. Probably paid to much to move up two spot mid round, but :shrug:.

A trade like this is dependent on your draft board...if you have a top 6 it is a great move because you now guarantee you will get one of those players...overall a move like this may vary from owner to owner depending on their draft board.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boston said:

A trade like this is dependent on your draft board...if you have a top 6 it is a great move because you now guarantee you will get one of those players...overall a move like this may vary from owner to owner depending on their draft board.

I agree with this. It's really early to be swapping picks without knowing where consensus is or where draft capital has gone. Just seems too early. If you trade up to get the 1.01-1.03 because you're sure of it, then I could see that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This is where I'm at. I see three RB's worth taking in the first round, and in this league they will go in the top 5-6. There is still plenty of time to move off pick 6 also. Once "consensus" forms and names start being attached to picks, I think I'll be able to trade out of that spot if I want. Would be an ideal spot for someone to move up for Lawrence or Pitts.

I guess this trade is really a chip on Williams.

44 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

Gave 1.08, 2.06

Got 1.06

There's very little reason to make a trade like this now. It's much more likely that the difference 1.06 and 1.08 is negligible in 2 months than there being a huge tier break after the 1.06.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Gotcha. I've got it differently, but I'm not too radical about it. I don't have Smith there. I think 165 pounds is going to get killed in the NFL, Heisman or no Heisman. Tipping my hand also...

You've quoted that number quite a bit. I don't think he's as light as that. Splitting hairs there though - either way it is a concern.

But his skills compensate for it, IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

There's very little reason to make a trade like this now. It's much more likely that the difference 1.06 and 1.08 is negligible in 2 months than there being a huge tier break after the 1.06.

I don't agree. There's an equal, possibly greater, chance that it will cost more as we approach draft time.

And giving up a mid second when you have two other second round picks isn't a big loss to get closer to ensuring you get the guy you want.

You've quoted that number quite a bit. I don't think he's as light as that. Splitting hairs there though - either way it is a concern.

But his skills compensate for it, IMO.

Been reading anywhere from as low as 160 to 175. I think Dr. Dan's previous work on BMI (if we could find it) for receivers would be instructive in how his height and weight will translate at the pro level.

Fair enough about his skills. But after watching Ruggs at about 190 this year look like an utterly emaciated waif out there, I'm awfully sensitive to very slight or short Alabama receivers. Too close, man, too close to the burn. It's a logical fallacy, but there needs to be some weight gain for me to want to take him at 1.4 or 1.5. Otherwise, I'll pass.

17 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Been reading anywhere from as low as 160 to 175. I think Dr. Dan's previous work on BMI (if we could find it) for receivers would be instructive in how his height and weight will translate at the pro level.

Fair enough about his skills. But after watching Ruggs at about 190 this year look like an utterly emaciated waif out there, I'm awfully sensitive to very slight or short Alabama receivers. Too close, man, too close to the burn. It's a logical fallacy, but there needs to be some weight gain for me to want to take him at 1.4 or 1.5. Otherwise, I'll pass.

I get it. It's how I felt about CEH. I liked him until I saw him on an NFL field where he looked like a sixth grader.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I don't agree. There's an equal, possibly greater, chance that it will cost more as we approach draft time.

And giving up a mid second when you have two other second round picks isn't a big loss to get closer to ensuring you get the guy you want.

It's possible - but most years there's very little difference between the 1.06 and 1.08 and giving away assets just because you have them isn't a winning strategy.

• Thinking 1

41 minutes ago, Boston said:

A trade like this is dependent on your draft board..

I would beg to differ and say a trade like this will usually depend on the consensus post draft board for top 6-8. Today's board won't matter when it's time to draft.

So whether this trade works out or not is TBD until the actual draft creates tiers.

3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I would beg to differ and say a trade like this will usually depend on the consensus post draft board for top 6-8. Today's board won't matter when it's time to draft.

So whether this trade works out or not is TBD until the actual draft creates tiers.

I respectfully disagree...if I have a top 6 I want it locked in ASAP...I find that as the draft gets closer prying away a top draft pick usually gets harder and the cost gets steeper.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I would say this is true if you don't already have a personal cutoff of talent.  If you have a personal clear cut top 6 this ensures you get one of those.  It may be true that hype and consensus could differ from your personal top 6 which could mean you can get one of your six at pick 12 once all the dust settles but that is taking a chance.  This way you know you get one of your top 6 that you have clearly above the rest........for a fairly low cost.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Boston said:

I respectfully disagree...if I have a top 6 I want it locked in ASAP...I find that as the draft gets closer prying away a top draft pick usually gets harder and the cost gets steeper.

I"d be willing to bet your top 6 was not your top 6 after the draft happened.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gally said:

I would say this is true if you don't already have a personal cutoff of talent.  If you have a personal clear cut top 6 this ensures you get one of those.  It may be true that hype and consensus could differ from your personal top 6 which could mean you can get one of your six at pick 12 once all the dust settles but that is taking a chance.  This way you know you get one of your top 6 that you have clearly above the rest........for a fairly low cost.

I'd say the same thing I just said to Boston. I'd be willling to bet your top 6 now won't be your top 6 post draft and if you look back at past years probably never was either.

I bet none of you had CEH in your top 6 this time last year at this time as an example. And even if you did not like CEH he knocked Lamb or Juedy back to 6-7 in literally every single draft I was in so if you had one of those in your top 5 you never needed to go that high to get them.

I don't mean any offense to anyone when I say this but I think some of you think you know more then you do right now. That applies to me as well. A few top tier players will hold but anyone who thinks some players you currently view as top 6 will all hold I think are in for a rude awakening.

And it's not hype that changes values. It's real tangible stuff like draft pedigree and opportunity to say nothing of workouts we've not even seen yet.

10 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I'd say the same thing I just said to Boston. I'd be willling to bet your top 6 now won't be your top 6 post draft and if you look back at past years probably never was either.

I bet none of you had CEH in your top 6 this time last year at this time as an example. And even if you did not like CEH he knocked Lamb or Juedy back to 6-7 in literally every single draft I was in so if you had one of those in your top 5 you never needed to go that high to get them.

I don't mean any offense to anyone when I say this but I think some of you think you know more then you do right now. That applies to me as well. A few top tier players will hold but anyone who thinks some players you currently view as top 6 will all hold I think are in for a rude awakening.

And it's not hype that changes values. It's real tangible stuff like draft pedigree and opportunity to say nothing of workouts we've not even seen yet.

For me, that was a lesson learned. You're right that I didn't have CEH as the #1 - but the hype about landing spot got to me and I took him there. Pre draft I wanted to take Lamb and I should have.

I won't make that mistake this year. I plan on making entirely NEW mistakes!

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 4

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The order might change but it's doubtful the players will. For me, anyway.

I'd bet you, Gally and Boston all on this I'd just not have a way to verify your top 6 changed after the draft.

But just for kicks while don't you all 3 post your top 6, and then we'll revisit this after the draft.

For me, that was a lesson learned. You're right that I didn't have CEH as the #1 - but the hype about landing spot got to me and I took him there. Pre draft I wanted to take Lamb and I should have.

I won't have that mistake this year. I plan on making entirely NEW mistakes!

First off I'm very high on CEH and and trying to buy him but that's all beside the point

The point is he dropped a player you would never have thought would have dropped. Happens every year.

Just now, menobrown said:

I'd bet you, Gally and Boston all on this I'd just not have a way to verify your top 6 changed after the draft.

But just for kicks while don't you all 3 post your top 6, and then we'll revisit this after the draft.

Chase/Harris/Etienne/Waddle/Smith/Williams

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Depending on how things shake out, moving from 1.08 to 1.06 might be near impossible in 2 months. 
To put it another way: sometimes there’s a top 6 you like, but rarely are there 8 guys in that tier. 

4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

First off I'm very high on CEH and and trying to buy him but that's all beside the point

The point is he dropped a player you would never have thought would have dropped. Happens every year.

But the other point is, he shouldn't have. At least CEH did have the results that could justify putting him ahead of others.

This year, however, there isn't a player I see with the numbers to justify knocking one of the top players out of their position. What, Rondale Moore or Rashod Bateman are going to seem a better pick than Waddle just because they appear to be in a better situation? I really can't see that happening.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

But the other point is, he shouldn't have. At least CEH did have the results that could justify putting him ahead of others.

This year, however, there isn't a player I see with the numbers to justify knocking one of the top players out of their position. What, Rondale Moore or Rashod Bateman are going to seem a better pick than Waddle just because they appear to be in a better situation? I really can't see that happening.

My point was not to debate the merits of CEH, his performance whether he was outstanding or Bishop Sankey redux was not a factor.

The point of mentioning CEH is what you started the next paragraph off with when you said there is not a player whose numbers would knock someone down because you did not think CEH would knock someone down last year. That's the point I'm trying to make. Players will rise you did not see coming.

I don't know about your leagues but in mine it's generally RB's who rise up and lower were we have WR's ranked right now. Not so much upper tier WR's passing WR's based on your current rankings.  I used CEH as an example but most people also had Lamb or Juedy over Akers at this time. I mean some people had Lamb as 1.1. Again in my leagues Lamb never went higher then 6, I drafted him at 7.  But if you had Lamb as say your WR1 and Juedy as your WR2 last year that held. That might hold again this year with respect to WR's vs WR's.

4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

My point was not to debate the merits of CEH, his performance whether he was outstanding or Bishop Sankey redux was not a factor.

The point of mentioning CEH is what you started the next paragraph off with when you said there is not a player whose numbers would knock someone down because you did not think CEH would knock someone down last year. That's the point I'm trying to make. Players will rise you did not see coming.

I don't know about your leagues but in mine it's generally RB's who rise up and lower were we have WR's ranked right now. Not so much upper tier WR's passing WR's based on your current rankings.  I used CEH as an example but most people also had Lamb or Juedy over Akers at this time. I mean some people had Lamb as 1.1. Again in my leagues Lamb never went higher then 6, I drafted him at 7.  But if you had Lamb as say your WR1 and Juedy as your WR2 last year that held. That might hold again this year with respect to WR's vs WR's.

That's not what I said. Or at least not what I meant.

I said CEH DID at least have the numbers to knock other players down IF he went to a good spot.  

I don't think there's a similar situation with this year's players. I don't see anyone with justification for knocking out the guys I have at the top regardless of landing spots. They just didn't perform well enough (or at all) on the field to do that.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****