Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

17 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I totally get the concern but no way I'd want Lawrence instead of him.  Or A-Rod (due to age).  Or Burrow really personally but can see the argument.  Not sure why Trevor is so loved.  Yes he is an incredible talent and should be good in the NFL but he is still an unknown, Ryan Leaf or RG3 were incredible talents too, and he is going to Jax who ruins QBs.  Just a terrible organization, that just hired a horrible choice at coach, that can't even hire a strength coach properly.  Terrible situation.  No thank you as a QB1 or to swap Murray for in a good situation that you have already seen him perform.

My personal statistical analysis (I call it the WAG method) says that Lawrence has less of a chance of busting than Murray does of having a career ending injury.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• Dr. Octopus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Neither is that Kelce one up top (a good trade). That's probably the worst trade I've seen posted here in quite some time.

That is terrible.  Last year before the trade deadline in week 10 I gave CEH, Justin Jefferson, Noah Fant, my 2nd, my 3rd, and Ahmed for Josh Jacobs and Kelce.  Kelce is worth a ton more than that.  I have someone offering me 2 future 1sts, 3.2, and a future 2nd for Kelce right now.

12 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Yea I have to say I am curious to see what some of my teams would go for, but I don't think I can give up a true dominant squad without a more compelling reason than a marginal short term profit.

But pivoting to do a startup makes sense. I foresee giving myself 2 to 3 years to turn these bad orphans of mine into dominant teams and most of my orphans are in strong win now form already. I can see flipping those for startups eventually. And the idea would be to leave them in better shape than I found them.

NM, I will PM u instead so as not to go off topic with the DD auction stuff.

Edited by NE_REVIVAL

If I were worried about QB injuries Josh Allen would be the standout #1 on my list.  Yes he's big but he runs like freaking Marshawn Lynch out there and takes some utterly massive hits on a reasonably regular basis.  He reminds me a ton of Cam Newton and we saw how fast things can go south with that running style.

Realistically there's probably not a top 10 QB in the league right now short of Russell Wilson that I would necessarily worry about getting hurt a significant amount less than Murray.  Rodgers has a pretty bad injury history for a QB.  Burrow and Dak both are already coming off of major injuries.  Mahomes doesn't run as much but he runs around a LOT behind the line of scrimmage and takes some really awkward tackles when getting sacked.  Gets his legs/knees twisted up all the time and he's shown that while a bum wheel would affect him less than a running QB it still does affect him a lot.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12tm SF TE Prem IDP Devy

Deshaun Watson, 22 4th

For

Justin Fields, 2.11, 3.10

Any pick can be rookie, devy, or IDP. League has been going for a few years so 20-30 devy, maybe a few more owned already.

Pretty easily Watson for me. Don’t play Devy but my understanding is the draft is watered down due to top 2021 prospects already being rostered. Watson.

• Like 3

I can't format this very good on my phone but each of these pairs is from a different league

FFPC regular

I gave Hunt, 4.07

I got 1.11, 2022 2nd

I gave 2022 4th

I got Henderson

FFPC superflex

I gave Jonnu Smith

I got 2022 2nd, 4.03

I gave 2022 4th

I got Trautman

I gave 3.01, 2022 2nd

I got Winston

Not involved SF:

Team A gave Adams, 4.10, 2022 7th (yep)

Team B gave Mixon, Landry, 2022 2nd

I would take the Adams side but I don't think it is terrible.

9 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Not involved SF:

SF helps for the 22 2nd value, but that's pretty low for Adams IMO

9 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I can't format this very good on my phone but each of these pairs is from a different league

FFPC regular

I gave Hunt, 4.07

I got 1.11, 2022 2nd

I gave 2022 4th

I got Henderson

FFPC superflex

I gave Jonnu Smith

I got 2022 2nd, 4.03

I gave 2022 4th

I got Trautman

I gave 3.01, 2022 2nd

I got Winston

Not involved SF:

I like your side in all your deals.  I can see either side of the last one, but I'd probably take Adams.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

That is really low for Adams.  My league isn't SF but just got offered Ettiene and Chase for Adams.  I want to win this year so don't think I'm going to take it.

I took over a Zealots team and gave up the following for Adams:

Dobbins, Pittman, Bud Dupree, 2.11, and 2022 2nd and received Adams and Isaiah Simmons.  

I liked it from my side quite a bit.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gally said:

I took over a Zealots team and gave up the following for Adams:

Dobbins, Pittman, Bud Dupree, 2.11, and 2022 2nd and received Adams and Isaiah Simmons.  

I liked it from my side quite a bit.  

Not like you gave up nothing, though. Dobbins is a stud waiting to happen. Simmons is the kicker in that one. I loved that part of your deal.

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

FFPC regular

Gave: Reagor, Gaskin, 1.12

Got:  Mike Evans

Roster consolidation trade.  Gaskin was on my roster bubble.

Like it if you're tight on roster spots. 

It's going to be interesting to see what the Eagles and Fish do, if anything, to address those positions this off-season.   

5 minutes ago, menobrown said:

FFPC, in the league but not involved:

Team A gave: 1.9,  Tonyan, Gallup, and Gabriel Davis

Team B gave: Ekeler and Curtis Samuel

That is a very interesting trade...what were Team A's (the one getting Ekeler) RBs prior to it?

6 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I prefer Team A's side; the pick makes the difference for me.

15 minutes ago, Boston said:

That is a very interesting trade...what were Team A's (the one getting Ekeler) RBs prior to it?

Taylor is only one of big time value, then Gordon and Edmonds. His only other two are Bell and Conner and they might be cuts.

The team who gave up Ekeler is down to Montgomery and ROJO as his only RB's worth anything.

17 minutes ago, DropKick said:

I prefer Team A's side; the pick makes the difference for me.

Thanks for opinion, I think you mean you prefer the side getting the pick which would be Team B as Team A is the giver of pick 1.9.

I thought team A won easily myself. It's a bunch of roster cloggers and meh guys(and I own Gallup and Gabriel Davis in leagues) for a RB whose current ADP I believe is that of a late first round redraft pick and he's only 26 with little wear and tear. I'd also rate Samuel as third most valuable asset in the trade, after Ekeler and the 1.9.

You don't know what you get with the 1.9 but right now I only see one difference maker in this trade and it's Ekeler and in FFPC when you got a chance this time of year to shed some roster room and get a difference maker at RB who is not to old I think it's hard to beat in a non SF format.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Taylor is only one of big time value, then Gordon and Edmonds. His only other two are Bell and Conner and they might be cuts.

The team who gave up Ekeler is down to Montgomery and ROJO as his only RB's worth anything.

Thanks for opinion, I think you mean you prefer the side getting the pick which would be Team B as Team A is the giver of pick 1.9.

I thought team A won easily myself. It's a bunch of roster cloggers and meh guys(and I own Gallup and Gabriel Davis in leagues) for a RB whose current ADP I believe is that of a late first round redraft pick and he's only 26 with little wear and tear. I'd also rate Samuel as third most valuable asset in the trade, after Ekeler and the 1.9.

You don't know what you get with the 1.9 but right now I only see one difference maker in this trade and it's Ekeler and in FFPC when you got a chance this time of year to shed some roster room and get a difference maker at RB who is not to old I think it's hard to beat in a non SF format.

Yup...you nailed it.

3 hours ago, menobrown said:

This strikes me as a free Tonyan and Gallup. The roster space is something worth while for sure, Samuel himself would be hard to hold, but value wise this is lopsided. It makes way more sense if Team A has no RB's and is tight on roster spots. 

FFPC

I traded: Adam Thielen and Kenyan Drake

I got: DJ Chark, 2022 3rd

I was the reigning runner up in this league, my team is quite old so figured getting a bit younger with upside is the way to go. I'm not a huge Chark fan but this at least free's up a spot. I view Drake as pretty useless for any team. Backup for the rest of his career. Value is probably not on my side.

3 hours ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC

I was the reigning runner up in this league, my team is quite old so figured getting a bit younger with upside is the way to go. I'm not a huge Chark fan but this at least free's up a spot. I view Drake as pretty useless for any team. Backup for the rest of his career. Value is probably not on my side.

Drake might go back to Arizona to start at a reduced rate compared to his 8.5 million dollar deal on the transition tag this year. He's negotiating against himself there, because Chase Edmonds, despite insistence to the contrary, isn't a full-time guy by build and Eno Benjamin and Jonathan Ward are seventh round and UDFA guys, respectively. All you have to do is look at Edmonds' usage when Drake was out and how AZ hustled Drake back to see the writing on the wall. Drake might not be so useless for any team considering that. Unless AZ drafts a guy. There's always that, and if they do, Drake is not long for AZ as anything but a backup or change of pace guy. And then he's useless.

Thielen's days are certainly done as a number one in MN. He was completely touchdown-dependent this year, though red zone looks to receivers year-to-year are statistically positively correlated. Chark may just be ascendant given Lawrence and with the provision they don't add another top-flight receiver. Lots of moving parts in this deal will determine how it turns out for you. Consolidation for you seems really important in FFPC. You didn't do too too badly, in my estimation, and you certainly got younger and more consolidated. If those were your goals, then okay. Cool.

8 hours ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC

Chark’s a big-time buy for me right now. I like this for you. 

2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty (1qb league)

Gave: 1.10 pick and Lindsay

Got: Jeudy and Vaughn (I own Ron Jones, hoping Fournette leaves TB) 

I would be reluctant to do this deal even though it's not a bad deal...I would rather use the 1.10 elsewhere than on this one...in 1 QB leagues the 1.10 is right outside of the stud range if your draft falls the way many are currently projecting (and that could change as we are still only in February) so I don't think it's a bad strategy to look to move it if you can get some young pieces back...I'm just not sold that these two are the right pieces...that being said if Watson gets dealt to Denver you will be very happy you made this deal.

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

I took over an orphan this week that had only 5.5 and 5.11 as draft picks this year.  The team was solid but not a sure fire winner as they will lose Brees to retirement and now have Stafford/Teddy B and Jimmy G as qb options moving forward and after their top 2 RB's everyone else is a little bit of question mark.  Anyway just setting up that I wanted to try to acquire some draft picks for this year without tearing down the entire structure of the team.

Gave up McLaurin and K Golladay

Got 1.03 1.12 2.7 and 3.12

I still have Ekeler, J-Rob, D Adams, K Allen, K Drake, Gaskin, Mostert and may look to move some of those, but regardless of what I do with the roster I like getting some pieces to use in this years draft.  Not sure I don't try to trade down from 1.03 to get more picks if possible, but for now I at least have 3 picks that are in the top 20 to help add some youth to the roster.

11 minutes ago, Boston said:

I would be reluctant to do this deal even though it's not a bad deal...I would rather use the 1.10 elsewhere than on this one...in 1 QB leagues the 1.10 is right outside of the stud range if your draft falls the way many are currently projecting (and that could change as we are still only in February) so I don't think it's a bad strategy to look to move it if you can get some young pieces back...I'm just not sold that these two are the right pieces...that being said if Watson gets dealt to Denver you will be very happy you made this deal.

I think ANY QB (but especially Watson) will be great for Jeudy and the entire offense. And I am counting on someone new being under center. *fingers crossed* 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, frae said:

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

I took over an orphan this week that had only 5.5 and 5.11 as draft picks this year.  The team was solid but not a sure fire winner as they will lose Brees to retirement and now have Stafford/Teddy B and Jimmy G as qb options moving forward and after their top 2 RB's everyone else is a little bit of question mark.  Anyway just setting up that I wanted to try to acquire some draft picks for this year without tearing down the entire structure of the team.

I still have Ekeler, J-Rob, D Adams, K Allen, K Drake, Gaskin, Mostert and may look to move some of those, but regardless of what I do with the roster I like getting some pieces to use in this years draft.  Not sure I don't try to trade down from 1.03 to get more picks if possible, but for now I at least have 3 picks that are in the top 20 to help add some youth to the roster.

Some might say it's a little light but I think that's about the best you could do with your goal in mind. 

Everyone loves McLaurin until you try to get them to pay to acquire him. Golladay is a major question mark.

• Like 1

FFPC SF not involved:

Team A gave Cooper, Goedert, 2022 1st
Team B gave Cook, Gallup, 3.07, 2022 6th

Team getting Cook just bought Adams above in this thread and is a new owner in this league. Very active and I would call this a probable late 1st he gave away.

Different FFPC SF not involved (big boy trade here):

Team A gave Herbert, Lamb, Fant
Team B gave Taylor, McLaurin, Jarwin, 2.12

FFPC regular:

I gave Lamar Jackson
I got 2.04, 2022 2nd

This is single QB and I have Rodgers and Mayfield still, felt the need to liquidate and chunk into draft capital. One of my orphans here 

14 minutes ago, frae said:

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

It's a fair deal for both teams and with the spot you were in for draft picks it makes even more sense...in a 12 team SF I would be real careful about dealing that 1.3 because you have QB exposure...Bridgewater is not someone you can count on and Jimmy G has yet to prove he can stay healthy...at 1.3 you are guaranteed to get a high quality QB prospect...I would make the safe QB pick there as it will hopefully settle down that position and allow you a ton of flexibility going forward...it can be painful passing on stud RBs and WRs but if you are in trouble at QB in SF it is a real tough hole to dig out of.

• Like 1
On 2/16/2021 at 9:15 AM, barackdhouse said:

Not involved SF:

20 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF not involved:

Team A gave Cooper, Goedert, 2022 1st
Team B gave Cook, Gallup, 3.07, 2022 6th

Team getting Cook just bought Adams above in this thread and is a new owner in this league. Very active and I would call this a probable late 1st he gave away.

I just put two and two together on this and saw that it is the same trade partner in both. So this comes out to a total of :

Cook, Adams, Gallup, 3.07, 4.10, 2022 6th and 7th
for
Mixon, Cooper, Goedert, Landry, 2022 1st and 2nd

IDK I think the team giving away Cook and Adams did pretty alright, but I don't think they got themselves closer to a coke. Looking at their roster I think it had a better chance as it was. Getting the 1st and 2nd is nice but they have Andrews already so Goedert isn't a need per se. And he has OBJ so not sure I'd be going for Landry. I don't hate it but the other guy improved more IMO. 

ETA I didn't know it when I made the OPs but even though my summary here is correct, A and B are switched.

Edited by barackdhouse
14 minutes ago, Boston said:

It's a fair deal for both teams and with the spot you were in for draft picks it makes even more sense...in a 12 team SF I would be real careful about dealing that 1.3 because you have QB exposure...Bridgewater is not someone you can count on and Jimmy G has yet to prove he can stay healthy...at 1.3 you are guaranteed to get a high quality QB prospect...I would make the safe QB pick there as it will hopefully settle down that position and allow you a ton of flexibility going forward...it can be painful passing on stud RBs and WRs but if you are in trouble at QB in SF it is a real tough hole to dig out of.

I agree and don't think i want to trade down now, but I want to see how the draft plays out but I looked and 1.01 is going qb, 1.02 I am not sure, 1.04 has mahomes and Dak and 1.05 has Lamar and Baker and 2.01 and 2.02 so I know it gets into playing a dangerous game but if Lawrences goes 1 and if Fields/Wilson don't get at 2 and 5 is interesting in moving up and giving me one of those 2nd's then one of Wilson or Fields should make it to 5.  I agree with you though I probably need to take a shot on QB if a team uses the draft capital we expect them to.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, frae said:

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

Seems pretty light for two proven players, imo. But it sounds like you didn’t walk into the best situation so I understand why you would do it. I would just want more if I’m moving players of that caliber. 

2 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

Not following this logic. Why?

Not a Deebo believer is one small reason. Am defending champ and my one weakness is at RB3. In FFPC each player is largely either a difference maker or a roster clogger. Deebo was my WR5 and in SuperFlex this principle is only exacerbated. Now I should be able to get one of the top 1 or 2 RBs on the board and my roster will be where I want it to be. As a bonus I still have plenty of other draft capital to fill up with more upside and depth. I acknowledge this as being a small to moderate overpay. As for Deebo I don't see him as more than about the 5th most valuable piece in this deal but I did clear a spot on an already deep team by moving him. 

To anyone else paying attention I see this as a win win trade. Dude totally chunked out the 1.03 for some serious capital. And I'm going to (probably and hopefully) get another blue chip to dominate with. 

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 1

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB; 
  • Williams, Damien KCC RB; 
  • Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.06

Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.03;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11
1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;

Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;

Interesting trade because you have players involved that are probably valued very differently from owner to owner in CEH, Jeudy and Cooper...due to that I think it's easy to make a case for either side...for me I like the Cooper side because of the 1.3 and getting the extra #1 (and because I am so so on Jeudy and CEH)...for me that that 1.3 guarantees you get either Chase or a high-end RB which should be the prime asset of this deal...Cooper is probably the "safest" player in this deal because you know you are getting a productive WR at a decent age that you will probably be starting in a 3WR/Flex league...that being said if you are high on Jeudy and CEH this is a very nice deal as you add three very young pieces (the 1.6 being the third) with blow up potential...this is a quality trade for both sides.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;

Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;

The way I break this down

Amari = Jeudy

1.03 and Bowden = 1.06 and CEH

1.11 > Damien Williams

The rub is that getting both CEH and Damien Williams is probably worth it. 

I prefer the Amari side, you know what production you're getting with him, and you get the young upside in the picks and Bowden. Preston Williams is a free agent after this year, and with his injury history Bowden could step up as the #2. He has as much upside as Jeudy does. I don't know the production I'm getting from CEH, Damien, Jeudy. All guys I'm not particularly fond of long term though. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;

Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;

I thought this was pretty even and for me it mainly boils down to 3/11 for the Chiefs RB's/1.6 and unless I had to clear roster room  I'd take the Chiefs RB's and 6 over 3/11.

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Preston Williams is a free agent after this year, and with his injury history Bowden could step up as the #2.

That seriously overestimates both the situation in Miami and Bowden's potential. He's a gadget player and nothing more than a slot guy.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

That seriously overestimates both the situation in Miami and Bowden's potential. He's a gadget player and nothing more than a slot guy.

Yep, Bowden is worthless. Main thing that gave him any value really was as a RB if you got thin at that spot and it's possible his designation changes next season, depending on how each league handles it. I viewed that trade with him as if he was not even involved.

2qb, 2te, ppr

roster: https://sleeper.app/roster/650679102239490048/8

picks before trade: 1.04, 2.03, 2.04, 2.05

Gave: cousins, hopkins, 

got: 1.01, 2.06, 23 2nd, big ben

team was very weak at QB before trade, it's worse now w/o cousins but baking on T Law being good. will consider a QB at 1.4. I dont think i was a real contender this year. My depth at WR made me feel ok with giving hopkins too. probably a slight overpay

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****