Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

3 hours ago, jabarony said:

I've noticed on that site that the crazy* bids are not always for the best "win now" teams, or even for teams that I'd consider the best mix of young talent + competing roster.  Rather, the big bids can be for a team with say J. Jefferson, Cam Akers, 3x 1st round picks, and utter garbage elsewhere.  As fun as a fresh team is, I wouldn't overpay for that chance to build.

Seeing those types of bids would make me want to run an experiment where I take an average team, and sell it all for future 1sts.  Just load up and place said team on the site for auction.  Even though the overall value of the team is still average, just watch those shiny 1sts get bid up to the sky.  Probably not going to do that, though.  As soon as I do, those bidders will stop bidding like that!

* crazy bids in as much as the new owner would have to win the league 2 or 3 times in a row to break even on their investment.  That just doesn't happen easily in these leagues even if you have the best team and make the finals every year.  You're going against 3 other teams in a 2 week sprint.  No guarantees in that format.

Interesting.  I have a team in Superflex that finished dead last this year but has some fun young pieces.  Metcalf, AJ Brown, Burrow, Tua, CEH, 1.01, 1.03.  I wonder how much I could sell a dead last place team for with exciting youth on it.

• Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Interesting.  I have a team in Superflex that finished dead last this year but has some fun young pieces.  Metcalf, AJ Brown, Burrow, Tua, CEH, 1.01, 1.03.  I wonder how much I could sell a dead last place team for with exciting youth on it.

I bought a few this year and those pieces would be enough for me to pay full price. I'm just not into paying more but you would get it from what I'm seeing. And then some. There *does* seem to be a markup for orphans with draft picks. 

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

My experience has been high draft picks and young talent are huge. All depends on where ur at, how much do you have invested in the team, how much r u willing to let it go for. I had a dozen teams and wanted to cull the herd so I was willing to break even on some teams and be a bit more selective on others. All depends on where ur at, but it doesn't cost much to set a reserve and find out. FWIW, I think the market has cooled a bit from 2-4 weeks ago but that is more of a gut feeling on my part more than anything else. 

Edited by NE_REVIVAL
1 hour ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

All depends on where ur at, but it doesn't cost much to set a reserve and find out. FWIW, I think the market has cooled a bit from 2-4 weeks ago but that is more of a gut feeling on my part more than anything else. 

Me too

6 hours ago, rockaction said:

They're just making up for the time he didn't get with the Raiders.

Seriously, the guy showed up in camp and his own team called him "not electric" then dumped him for a fifth rounder when they'd drafted him in the fourth. Within the first training camp. Perhaps that says something about the Raiders' front office, and that's quite possible, but that's an inauspicious beginning for Bowden.

Unrelated to this I actually just read a blurb about Bowden. It said the Raiders actually took Bowden in the third. Pretty crazy they gave up on him so fast. At the very least you think they’d find a way to use him on gadget plays.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Unrelated to this I actually just read a blurb about Bowden. It said the Raiders actually took Bowden in the third. Pretty crazy they gave up on him so fast. At the very least you think they’d find a way to use him on gadget plays.

There was a rumored -- rumored -- thing where he and the other rookies were going out in Vegas too much and he was leading the charge. Don't know how that leaked, but it did. According to Mike Mayock, the trade had nothing to do with off-the-field problems, but rather that Bowden didn't, per reports, look "explosive" like they thought he would. I remember the Raiders' brass commenting negatively about him in camp. (I was following Ruggs and Edwards, so I read a bunch of Raiders stuff this off-season.) It was awfully weird to hear them call him out in the press, but not so weird in retrospect given that they traded him.

He was indeed a third-round pick. He was shipped to Miami for a fourth-round pick. The Raiders are also on the hook for a conditional sixth-rounder.

Weird draft pick, weirder trade.

Edited by rockaction

FFPC SF not involved

Mariota, 2.01, 4.03

for

Ruggs, 2022 1st

I offered 3.04 for Mariota as a bit of a feeler offer. Told me he wanted to wait and see what happened but this is a pretty good return.

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 1

Saw this in a Zealots Classic (Standard Scoring) league

Team A sends S.Barkley & M.Gaskin

Team B sends J.Jefferson & H.Henry

Team B also has Kelce, Waller & I.Smith at TE but not much more than Eckler at RB, they have M.Gordan, Z.Moss type players)

3 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Saw this in a Zealots Classic (Standard Scoring) league

Team A sends S.Barkley & M.Gaskin

Team B sends J.Jefferson & H.Henry

Team B also has Kelce, Waller & I.Smith at TE but not much more than Eckler at RB, they have M.Gordan, Z.Moss type players)

Thinking about it more I'm on the Barkley side. His rookie year blows away JJ's rookie year in standard scoring, even in PPR scoring too. Yes he's 24 at a position that doesn't age well and coming off knee surgery but I expect regression in year two from Jefferson and you can only look so far ahead as the NFL changes on a dime.

Edited by Penguin
1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

& yet no one knows that

Time will tell on all 3. 

Fournette is rumored to want much more than $2M. So he’s likely out. RoJo is still cheap & they have Vaughn for depth/COP. 

I’m not sure why you’re so invested in Fournette staying in TB. It’s possible I guess, but it seems unlikely. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

& yet no one knows that

Really?  I would think that Gronk doesn't have any incentive to play anywhere except with his BFF in Tampa.  I guess he could retire, but that seems unlikely given the position the Bucs are in...

Sure, Godwin and Fournette may both want to stay but are at very different points in their careers.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

& yet no one knows that

Isn’t speculation and “educated guessing” a big part of fantasy football?

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF not involved

Mariota, 2.01, 4.03

for

Ruggs, 2022 1st

I offered 3.04 for Mariota as a bit of a feeler offer. Told me he wanted to wait and see what happened but this is a pretty good return.

The x-factor is how bad did the new Mariota need a QB...if they did I see what they are doing as I really think he will be starting this year for someone like the Pats or Bears...getting that 2.1 for this year is an excellent nice add on...this isn't too much to give up at all if you are QB-needy in a SF...on the flip-side my guess is the other owner probably has a solid QB unit and is playing with found $ with Mariota...getting a #1 is always huge if you are getting it without touching the core of your roster but I can't say I like giving up that 2.1 in the deal, that is a high pick...Ruggs is solid piece but still an unknown so I would have liked something better if I was putting in that 2.1 and 4.3.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DropKick said:

Really?  I would think that Gronk doesn't have any incentive to play anywhere except with his BFF in Tampa.  I guess he could retire, but that seems unlikely given the position the Bucs are in...

Sure, Godwin and Fournette may both want to stay but are at very different points in their careers.

It is pretty common formula after a championship...guys say they want to stay and then all of a sudden realize they may never be in a better spot to cash in now that they have a ring...happened 100 times with the Pats and you can't blame the player as he's very fortunate to be in that spot.

As for Gronk he is either playing with Brady or done.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Boston said:

As for Gronk he is either playing with Brady or done.

Yeah, he really doesn't have much leverage. It's TB and TB or bust. They do have to compensate him fairly because he could just hang 'em up again. He has that option.

Just now, rockaction said:

Yeah, he really doesn't have much leverage. It's TB and TB or bust. They do have to compensate him fairly because he could just hang 'em up again. He has that option.

I don't think it is really a leverage thing...it's just that the only reason he is playing is to be with Brady...he is like Brady's little brother and just wants to be with him.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Boston said:

I don't think it is really a leverage thing...it's just that the only reason he is playing is to be with Brady...he is like Brady's little brother and just wants to be with him.

Agreed. Which is why he really has no leverage, though. He's got Tampa bidding against nobody else, really, and limiting your market like that usually means less salary unless you're willing to hang 'em up and go rassle.

6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Agreed. Which is why he really has no leverage, though. He's got Tampa bidding against nobody else, really, and limiting your market like that usually means less salary unless you're willing to hang 'em up and go rassle.

I see what you mean...I agree but I don't think leverage matters because I don't think money matters to him right now...the word on Gronk is he has been crazy smart with his money and has pretty much every dime he has made and he will never be hurting for endorsement deals...if he is playing it is purely to play with Brady and try to win another title.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rob-gronkowski-retires-patriots-nfl-money-advice-2019-3

Edited by Boston
10 minutes ago, Boston said:

I see what you mean...I agree but I don't think leverage matters because I don't think money matters to him right now...the word on Gronk is he has been crazy smart with his money and has pretty much every dime he has made and he will never be hurting for endorsement deals...if he is playing it is purely to play with Brady and try to win another title.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rob-gronkowski-retires-patriots-nfl-money-advice-2019-3

Oh yeah, I agree again with your main point. Gronk is going nowhere but TB or retirement, and he'll do so comfortably and with a moonlighting career as television personality, whatever that entails.

54 minutes ago, Boston said:

The x-factor is how bad did the new Mariota need a QB...if they did I see what they are doing as I really think he will be starting this year for someone like the Pats or Bears...getting that 2.1 for this year is an excellent nice add on...this isn't too much to give up at all if you are QB-needy in a SF...on the flip-side my guess is the other owner probably has a solid QB unit and is playing with found $ with Mariota...getting a #1 is always huge if you are getting it without touching the core of your roster but I can't say I like giving up that 2.1 in the deal, that is a high pick...Ruggs is solid piece but still an unknown so I would have liked something better if I was putting in that 2.1 and 4.3.

Yeah I'm a little hung up on that, too. Not sure I'd want to give that piece up. If I was a Ruggs fan this wouldn't be close, though. This price is assuming Mariota has a starting job already. I agree that will likely happen but it is still paying up for that.

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FFPC Dynasty doesn't get anywhere near the love it should in the FF world (content, pods etc) so hell ya lets give the subject its own thread. 

I’m opposed to that. There are a lot of great posters in this thread that play FFPC and I fear we would lose some of their thoughts. I don’t play FFPC and I am totally fine with the discussions. It’s interesting.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah I'm a little hung up on that, too. Not sure I'd want to give that piece up. If I was a Ruggs fan this wouldn't be close, though. This price is assuming Mariota has a starting job already. I agree that will likely happen but it is still paying up for that.

I do see Mariota starting this year...the question is does he turn into the next Tannehill or the next Fitzpatrick...if it is Tannehill this is a steal in SF but there are obvious risks...beginning with draft day for the team Mariota gets dealt to (I am assuming he gets dealt, if not this deal goes south real fast)...last thing that owner wants to see is that team also using a #1 on a QB as well.

3 minutes ago, kutta said:

I’m opposed to that. There are a lot of great posters in this thread that play FFPC and I fear we would lose some of their thoughts. I don’t play FFPC and I am totally fine with the discussions. It’s interesting.

Agreed, though I'm not opposed if they want to start their own thread (their business). But I'm fine with the FFPC discussions in here, even the seemingly arcane ones. I may play someday so it's no trouble at all for me, either. Some of our best posters and writers are FFPC guys, so I'd hate to lose their input.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, kutta said:

22 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Agreed, though I'm not opposed if they want to start their own thread (their business). But I'm fine with the FFPC discussions in here, even the seemingly arcane ones. I may play someday so it's no trouble at all for me, either. Some of our best posters and writers are FFPC guys, so I'd hate to lose their input.

I more than likely will start a new thread, unless someone beats me to it. But we'd still be posting all of our trades in here and we'd talk about them (in here) probably just as much as always. It won't be up to me but I wouldn't be suggesting to post trades elsewhere. Just some of the more meta-strategy FFPC stuff, like the auction/orphan thing, roster management, yada yada. But IMO all of our trades would still go here. Not like we wouldn't talk about them in both, but I think the idea is to clean this thread up. It probably isn't a big deal but the FFPC centric stuff is deep enough, I can think of maybe 5 or 6 subtopics right now that have nothing to do with completed trades, per se.

• Like 4

FFPC SF not involved*

1.09, 2.08
for
1.11, 2.02

*the 1.09 and 2.08 are the picks I got for Hurts, and then I used them in a big overpay package to get to 1.03. Dude then did this with them. It's nice to see they're staying together. lol 

I think I like the 1.11, 2.02 here. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I think his leverage is Brady.

1 hour ago, Boston said:

All this may be true but I'd point out no attempt was made to re-do his contract when they traded for his rights and Gronk did not come out of retirement cheaply, but at $10M was one of the highest paid TE's in the league.

I absolutely think he only wants to play with Brady and I'm about 100% sure he resigns with Tampa, just not sure he costs a little more then people assume.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Same FFPC SF as above, not involved:

R Wilson, 1.11, 2022 3rd, McNichols
for
Herbert, Shepard

This particular league has been popping off. 19 trades in February. 33 since Jan 1st. I made 9 of them.

I’ll take Wilson/1.11. Wilson is older and taken hits but I think he has a number of years left. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Same FFPC SF as above, not involved:

R Wilson, 1.11, 2022 3rd, McNichols
for
Herbert, Shepard

This particular league has been popping off. 19 trades in February. 33 since Jan 1st. I made 9 of them.

I will go with Herbert and the 9.5 year age difference...that is not a lot to give up to gain that youth without losing any production.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, menobrown said:

I absolutely think he only wants to play with Brady and I'm about 100% sure he resigns with Tampa, just not sure he costs a little more then people assume.

Or a little less.  As funny as it seems to say, I don't think money is a huge factor.  Winning matters and Gronk can have a smaller role in Tampa, compared to his New England days.

I don't think age is much of a factor when you consider how many years Wilson likely has left. This guy needs more RBs and WRs not QBs. He now has Herbert instead of Wilson but still isn't competing and just gave away a premium pick.

Even if I'm wrong about the age difference meaning much, and even if Herbert outscores Wilson, he still isn't improving his lineup as much this way. He went from 1.03 to 1.09 to 1.11 to now his best pick is 2.02 and made basically a lateral move at QB (in terms of his boxscore). Gained a couple future 1sts and Deebo and Shepard, who are probably starting for him. 

I don't think you make a move like this for QBs until you are ready to win. And even then, I wouldn't be swapping Wilson for Herbert. I'd be swapping someone much lower. 

Last week I gave Gibson and a future 1st for Wilson in a different FFPC SF and only did it because my team can afford it. I would never have done that if I was rebuilding. Would have snapped it in the other direction most likely.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DropKick said:

Or a little less.  As funny as it seems to say, I don't think money is a huge factor.  Winning matters and Gronk can have a smaller role in Tampa, compared to his New England days.

That's the point I was trying to make, which is counter to what you and others are saying. I don't see what changed from last year, why money would matter less to Gronk then it did last year and he got paid $10m. And I do understand that was his contract tolling from NE but it could have been reworked.

For fantasy purposes none of this is likely relevant or even real life purposes other then impact on Tampas' cap  since I only see Gronk playing in Tampa. Just as a point of conversation I  absolutely think what he's paid matters more to Gronk then people are giving it credit. He's just in a unusual situation were he likely won't test FA or use that as leverage to get some decent pay for his services but I don't think he'll need to since he'll have Brady making necessary push to make sure he's compensated. Won't be $10M, but he's not some league minimum guy or like they got Fournette and AB to play for them last year kind of guy either, not in my opinion.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Herbert > Wilson

1.11 in superflex will be a solid prospect as well. Probably 3-4 qbs and a te will go before 1.11, leaving some meaty picks on the board. Seattle passing less is a worry, and yeah you should get more years out of Herbert, but I’d take the package. It’s a fair deal either way I think. 

6 minutes ago, menobrown said:

That's the point I was trying to make, which is counter to what you and others are saying. I don't see what changed from last year, why money would matter less to Gronk then it did last year and he got paid $10m. And I do understand that was his contract tolling from NE but it could have been reworked.

For fantasy purposes none of this is likely relevant or even real life purposes other then impact on Tampas' cap  since I only see Gronk playing in Tampa. Just as a point of conversation I  absolutely think what he's paid matters more to Gronk then people are giving it credit. He's just in a unusual situation were he likely won't test FA or use that as leverage to get some decent pay for his services but I don't think he'll need to since he'll have Brady making necessary push to make sure he's compensated. Won't be $10M, but he's not some league minimum guy or like they got Fournette and AB to play for them last year kind of guy either, not in my opinion.

No, he won't play for league minimum or what AB and Fournette got. That wasn't what I was trying to say. He'll get paid. Just not what he could get on the true open market, because the market, which is Tampa and Tampa alone, is what Tampa is willing to pay him to keep him from retiring. That's the only bargaining chip he holds. Tampa might, to keep the rest of the company (Brady) happy, pay him more than he'd take at a minimum, but that'll be to keep the good vibes of championship season flowing in Buccaneer land.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, kutta said:

Its all good, I think FFPC Dynasty deserves its own thread and perhaps BDH has the right idea with a separate thread for all things FFPC Dynasty but still use this one for trades. I don't want to be a splitter (thinking Life of Brian).

5 hours ago, menobrown said:

You must have me confused with somebody.  I made the point that Gronk was more likely than Godwin or Fournette to be in Tampa next season.  Maybe all three will be there... Gronk just seems the least likely to move on.

And I don't think anybody but you mentioned bargain basement prices.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****