What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

You squeezed value to get Davis alone for the 3rd and 2022 third. Maybe other owner wasn’t going to keep them so got what he could but it meant a nice discount on Davis for you. 

try moving those other two but doubt either brings back anything.
Yeah he took that offer but I had the two 3rds on the table with a 4th coming back to me instead of Hamler but he went with that one. Two roster spots cleared. 

4pts/passing TD Zealots IDP

Got: 4.1

Gave: Sam Darnold

For my next trick, I shall walk on water.

1 QB, I assume. Huh. You can thank the proliferation of sites desperate for content telling us Darnold is a buy-high in Superflex and also thank the somebody that misunderstood the content greatly.
Gives me a ridiculous 14 picks in a 6 round draft. And an extra 2nd in 2022.

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.01

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.08

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.12

Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.01

Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.02

Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.08

Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.12

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.01

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.02

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.02

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.08

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.10

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.02

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. That's quite a few. I'm also a bit flush with picks, but more in the sense that they're top-heavy than quantity of. Two first and four seconds. And I'm already bumped up to eight picks for 2022, including an extra first and extra second. Hoping that draft class turns out stellar, as I plan on accumulating more.

eta* I saw your edit. Love your four first-round picks. Our league is really flinty with picks. That'd be an avalanche of them. It looks like a rebuild since you've got the .01, too, in three places. Good luck.

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.01

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.08

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.12

Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.01

Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.02

Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.08

Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.12

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.01

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.02

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.02

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.08

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.10

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.02
I think this is too many draft picks and waste of resources unless you can use these to make other deals happen.  Going into a six round rookie draft with anything more than 8-ish picks is too many.  It's good to acquire but optimizing the value by using them to move up and consolidate is really the best thing.  Hopefully you have a league that will allow you to do so.  

I think this is too many draft picks and waste of resources unless you can use these to make other deals happen.  Going into a six round rookie draft with anything more than 8-ish picks is too many.  It's good to acquire but optimizing the value by using them to move up and consolidate is really the best thing.  Hopefully you have a league that will allow you to do so.  
Only if you suck at drafting, which I don't. Just kidding...But really, I don't.

And yeah, I'm hoping to move around in the draft. Plus, it includes IDP so the idea of six rounds doesn't stretch things as thin as it might seem. And Zealots are 53 player rosters.

But those later picks ARE where you can make a lot of hay with IDP players.

And six are in the first 14 picks, so it's already a bit front loaded.

Only if you suck at drafting, which I don't. Just kidding...But really, I don't.

And yeah, I'm hoping to move around in the draft. Plus, it includes IDP so the idea of six rounds doesn't stretch things as thin as it might seem.

But those later picks ARE where you can make a lot of hay with IDP players.
Sure, but you can also do the same off waivers for IDP in may cases too.  They are all dart throws in the 5th & 6th round but as you said you are a great dart thrower.   I just don't see having the roster space for 14 rookies in most cases.  Maybe your league is different.  

Sure, but you can also do the same off waivers for IDP in may cases too.  They are all dart throws in the 5th & 6th round but as you said you are a great dart thrower.   I just don't see having the roster space for 14 rookies in most cases.  Maybe your league is different.  
I said 53 but it's actually 60 spots in the off season.

I got picks for detritus...how can that be bad?

I said 53 but it's actually 60 spots in the off season.

I got picks for detritus...how can that be bad?
I never said it was bad but if you just keep them it doesn't maximize your resources.  If you are able to use them to move up to guys that you target earlier then you are maximizing the value.  It definitely gives you great flexibility and hopefully you are able to use that to it's potential.  Keeping the picks doesn't maximize that potential (IMO)

Twelve team league.

His QBs are Teddy, Taysom, Jalen, & Mtchell.
I actually like what he did...he has a very odd group of QBs where they all could start or none of them could...with that unit giving up a 4.1 is a nice dice roll as Darnold could get dealt somewhere where he turns it around and becomes fantasy relevant, if not he only gave up the 4.1...for you my guess is you are fine at QB, options to deal Darnold are limited and you would rather have the pick to add to your haul.

I actually like what he did...he has a very odd group of QBs where they all could start or none of them could...with that unit giving up a 4.1 is a nice dice roll as Darnold could get dealt somewhere where he turns it around and becomes fantasy relevant, if not he only gave up the 4.1...for you my guess is you are fine at QB, options to deal Darnold are limited and you would rather have the pick to add to your haul.
Actually, I'm not. But Darnold doesn't fix that.

Actually, I'm not. But Darnold doesn't fix that.
If that is the case (and you are not in some type of roster squeeze situation) I would rather hold onto him and see where he ends up because there's a good chance he gets traded and it could be to somewhere where he has a chance to turn it around...he is still only 23. 

Non-ppr Zealots IDP, this is the team that I have all those picks for upthread.

Gave: D'Andre Swift, Tua Tagovailoa, 1.10, 2.02, 3.08

Got: Tee Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Tom Brady

I cut things to the quick and need to get some more guaranteed talent back on board. I had zero at WR before this trade. And I'm not a huge believer in Swift. He wanted the 1.08, but I threw in the 3.08 to make it the 1.10 instead since I like the players up to pick eight. So I still have the #1, #8, #12, & #13...plus all the other picks I had before.

This will come down to ones feelings about Swift, I know. But I'm a big believer in Higgins and like McLaurin too. Brady will be better than Tua until death.

Non-ppr Zealots IDP, this is the team that I have all those picks for upthread.

Gave: D'Andre Swift, Tua Tagovailoa, 1.10, 2.02, 3.08

Got: Tee Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Tom Brady

I cut things to the quick and need to get some more guaranteed talent back on board. I had zero at WR before this trade. And I'm not a huge believer in Swift. He wanted the 1.08, but I threw in the 3.08 to make it the 1.10 instead since I like the players up to pick eight. So I still have the #1, #8, #12, & #13...plus all the other picks I had before.

This will come down to ones feelings about Swift, I know. But I'm a big believer in Higgins and like McLaurin too. Brady will be better than Tua until death.
With your reasoning, it makes great sense. Also, since Brady will still be playing long after Tua retires...

Zealots Field trade. 

Traded 1.09 and 3.09

Received 1.08 

My thought is I see a clear top 8:

RB-Harris, Etienne and Williams

WR-Chase, Waddle and Smith

QB-Lawrence

TE-Pitts

I did not want to chance sitting at 1.09 and have them all go 1-8. 

Zealots Field trade. 

Traded 1.09 and 3.09

Received 1.08 

QB-Lawrence

TE-Pitts

I would have been happy with Bateman at 1.09.  Some like him more than Waddle and Smith.  Besides, I think the likelihood of those 8 being taken exactly as that are slim.  In a one QB league Lawrence may fall to the end of the first round.

I would have been happy with Bateman at 1.09.  Some like him more than Waddle and Smith.  Besides, I think the likelihood of those 8 being taken exactly as that are slim.  In a one QB league Lawrence may fall to the end of the first round.
Those people are...unwise.

Agree about Lawrence...if you think he has the potential to put up Mahomes/Josh Allen numbers (and than he does) that is one of those picks that you will be happy you made because you will have your QB position locked up for well over a decade. 

Okay. I don't think Lawrence gets selected late first even in 1 QB leagues. Zealots doesn't follow the rules when it comes to QBs.
Zealots doesn't, but in our particular Zealots he might. We drafted Tua last year at 1.11 for a needy team, Burrow at 1.12. Same team that drafted Tua won the league and has Brady, Tua, and Derek Carr. He might very well opt for drafting Lawrence at 1.12, though I probably wouldn't.

Zealots doesn't, but in our particular Zealots he might. We drafted Tua last year at 1.11 for a needy team, Burrow at 1.12. Same team that drafted Tua won the league and has Brady, Tua, and Derek Carr. He might very well opt for drafting Lawrence at 1.12, though I probably wouldn't.
I meant that it's likelier that he goes in the upper 2/3 of the first than lower. Earlier rather than later. I wasn't very clear with my wording.

The only caveat is 4 versus 6 points per passing TDs. In the former, he could go later.

I meant that it's likelier that he goes in the upper 2/3 of the first than lower. Earlier rather than later. I wasn't very clear with my wording.

The only caveat is 4 versus 6 points per passing TDs. In the former, he could go later.
Oh, okay. Gotcha. I thought you meant later than the first. That's a big difference in understanding.

Anyway, I'm not sure when he'll go in our league. We're six points passing, but people seem pretty set at QB. And the people that need backups have Mahomes, Watson, and Murray. Hard to imagine they'll spend a first on him. Just league-specific stuff.

12 team SF PPR

I have Swift Kamara and CEH as my top 3 RB's I remain a little worried of what CEH will be so I made an offer and got this deal done  

Gave CEH and 4.03 rookie pick this year

Got Josh Jacobs

They are valued about the same I just like Jacobs more personally.

Zealots Field trade. 

Traded 1.09 and 3.09

Received 1.08 

QB-Lawrence

TE-Pitts

You paid a small tax to guarantee you would get your guy. Nothing wrong with that. Did you consider waiting for the NFL draft to see if your top 8 changed? 

12 team SF PPR

I have Swift Kamara and CEH as my top 3 RB's I remain a little worried of what CEH will be so I made an offer

Got Josh Jacobs

I have Jacobs and am trying to move him and I don't think I would have made this deal.  CEH has such a wide range of outcomes and you basically know what Jacobs gets you.  I was also a big believer in CEH as he was the guy I was targeting even before the draft last  year.  His usage was more worrisome than his actual play.  All this to say I like the Jacobs side more.

12 team SF PPR

I have Swift Kamara and CEH as my top 3 RB's I remain a little worried of what CEH will be so I made an offer

Got Josh Jacobs

Love the Jacobs side here. 

12-Team Dynasty SuperFlex

Team A: Ryan Tannehill

Team B: Rookie picks 2.06 & 3.06
Too cheap for Tannehill. I got 3.01 and a future 2nd for Jameis Winston like a week ago. And his future is very questionable, Tannehill's isn't (at least immediately). 

12 team SF PPR

Got Josh Jacobs

I actually traded Jacobs last year for pick 1.1 to take CEH. I might have regret on not taking another player instead of CEH at 1.1 but I don't have any regrets on turning Jacobs into CEH so for me I like the side getting CEH who I expect to take a sizeable leap next season.

I actually traded Jacobs last year for pick 1.1 to take CEH. I might have regret on not taking another player instead of CEH at 1.1 but I don't have any regrets on turning Jacobs into CEH so for me I like the side getting CEH who I expect to take a sizeable leap next season.
I think you can be happy with either side. CEH probably has the higher upside if they actually maximize his talent in the passing game and he gets goal line carries.  Jacobs is going to be near the top in touches again next year for sure and will get goal line work. Until there is another qb there carr just won’t pass to him or maybe it’s the OC. Either way as it stands his passing game use is capped.  

im happy with Jacobs but CEH could well take a big step. 

Anybody claiming that CEH didn't get usage in the passing game wasn't looking at actual passing attempts to running backs last year.

They had the seventh most attempts to RBs last year, with 108 passes to the RBs. Edwards-Helaire isn't going to take off magically because they start dumping down to him. Mahomes doesn't do that. They already were targeting him a lot. I wouldn't expect his usage to increase in this way. (At least too much.)

Here's the RB usage breakdown for everyone interested. Chiefs are middle third, towards the bottom of that.

https://twitter.com/TomKislingbury/status/1364509864563781632/photo/1

Anybody claiming that CEH didn't get usage in the passing game wasn't looking at actual passing attempts to running backs last year.
CEH got more passing game usage per game then any rookie RB ever under Reid, Hunt's 63 being the most in a season.  So I'm not arguing he did not get usage but I think the targets and efficiency will improve.

Westbrook took until year 3 for him to take a sizeable jump in the passing game with Reid. McCoy did it in year two. Reid never makes his rookies three down backs, even Hunt who led the league in rushing as a rookie and got 63 targets only 3 of those came on third down, West was the main third down back that year. Also Hunts 63 targets came with dump down Alex, his target share per game dropped the next year with Mahomes.  CEH was actually pulled often last year on most third down and obvious passing downs. If that continues his role won't grow but I don't think it will, he'll need to keep improving in pass protection but I don't think they drafted him to be a two down or not used in obvious passing downs RB which is exactly what he was last year, if so that was a dumb move by some usually smart people I still am giving benefit of doubt.

We did see some impressive rookies this year but I still think lack of off-season did not give Chiefs ample time to figure out how to utilize CEH in the passing game.  For instance he looked unguardable at LSU on the angle route, which I thought was his best route. I do not recall CEH getting targets on this route last year.

Part of why I took CEH at 1.1 goes back to what I said earlier. Veach, Reid, these are smart guys. I still trust in them to have a big plan for CEH in the passing game otherwise taking him were they did looks shaky if not dumb.

I do think you are 100% spot on that Mahomes is never going to be a big check down guy. Also even when I was taking CEH at 1.1 I did notice the total Chiefs PPR RB fantasy production the two years with Mahomes at QB was more good then great, was in the 25-26 total PPG range as a team. But again based on what I saw from CEH as a receiver in the college he's more then a dump off guy but that is how he was used last year and most plays when I tried to follow Mahomes eye's I don't think he was ever looking his direction. I am anticipating more designed throws to CEH then dumpoffs, I could of course be wrong.

We'll see, players do improve often from year 1 to 2. CMC played like Danny Woodhead his rookie season and was just a little better in fantasy in ppg as CEH was last year but he got better and they did a better job figuring out how to use him.

Yeah I'm still big on CEH, too, for the record. The upside in that offense is too great. When combined with a reasonable expectation of improvement by him, useage is the biggest question mark, but not in the passing game. I really liked what I saw from him this year on film, but I think people who drafted him were left underwhelmed and are now overcorrecting in their minds. With hindsight everyone would take Taylor and Akers, Dobbins is still close based again on the useage question. But CEH has got to be considered the better PPR play, so....

Users who are viewing this thread