What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (5 Viewers)

FFPC regular not involved:

Team A gave D Henry
Team B gave Godwin

FFPC Superflex not involved:

Team A gave M Sanders, AJ Brown, 3.11
Team B gave DJ Moore, Edmonds, 1.02, 2.02, 2022 2nd
1st I lean Henry since Godwin has some uncertainty in his situation but fair.

2nd I actually like Moore and picks even though AJB is the most valuable guy. I am much lower on Sanders than most on these boards and 2.02 should be a really nice pick in SF. Carolina is dead set on upgrading at QB which I see as good for Moore and he’s the same age as AJB, I’d rather have Ja’Marr Chase than Sanders, so 2.02 and another 2nd puts me on that side.

Edit: Clarified names. Could also argue 1.02 could be the 2nd best QB or RB1 if someone prefers those to Sanders.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st I lean Henry since Godwin has some uncertainty in his situation but fair.

2nd I actually like Moore and picks even though AJB is the most valuable guy. I am much lower on Sanders than most on these boards and 2.02 should be a really nice pick in SF. Carolina is dead set on upgrading at QB which I see as good for Moore and he’s the same age as AJB, I’d rather have Chase than Sanders, so 2.02 and another 2nd puts me on that side.
You’d rather have Chase Edmonds than Miles Sanders?

Matt's Eagles said:
12 Team PPR, Superflex

Team A got 1.05

Team B got Jalen Hurts

It will suck for team B is Philly drafts a QB
It’s a gamble, but I like the move for the guy getting Hurts. I would be very surprised if Philly drafted a QB, and the 1.05 could be a small price to pay for Hurts nine months from now. 

barackdhouse said:
FFPC Superflex not involved:

Team A gave M Sanders, AJ Brown, 3.11
Team B gave DJ Moore, Edmonds, 1.02, 2.02, 2022 2nd

Buckna said:
I actually like Moore and picks even though AJB is the most valuable guy. I am much lower on Sanders than most on these boards and 2.02 should be a really nice pick in SF. Carolina is dead set on upgrading at QB which I see as good for Moore and he’s the same age as AJB, I’d rather have Ja’Marr Chase than Sanders, so 2.02 and another 2nd puts me on that side.
Yeah, I am the team on the receiving AJB in this trade. I didn't love giving up the draft capital assets, but kind of wanted to get my guy.

At the end of the day, either side could come out a big winner or loser, biggest swing factors is if Sanders keeps value / gets drafted into committee, or flat out busts, and if Moore closes value gap with AJB, which is very possible given the skillset and potential QB upgrade as you note.

It’s a gamble, but I like the move for the guy getting Hurts. I would be very surprised if Philly drafted a QB, and the 1.05 could be a small price to pay for Hurts nine months from now. 
They're not drafting a QB high at least. Nfl 2nd round picks are gold. And to spend that on a QB that you didn't believe could start for you is not a good strategy. Besides, he looked promising last year.

I like the side with D.J. Moore and the picks, but it's always the picks, isn't it? And I like Sanders a lot, so I'm torn on that trade. I'm not as high on A.J. Brown as others, but still, those are two really good players. I guess it'll work itself out.

They're not drafting a QB high at least. Nfl 2nd round picks are gold. And to spend that on a QB that you didn't believe could start for you is not a good strategy. Besides, he looked promising last year.
I would guess they will give him this year to see what he can do. If he flames out, draft a new guy next year as they’ll have an extra 2nd or possibly 1st to trade up with if they need to.

10 man PPR

Gave: (and it broke my damn heart) Nick Chubb + 2022 2nd rounder

Got: 2021 1.03 + Joshua Jacobs + 2022 1st (will be late, if not 1.10)

He's a serious serious contender, I'm middle of the road trying to get better. 

Tough to deal Chubb for you
killed me, really... and i think the overpay was because i wasnt even listening to ppl for offers. all i told everyone was "you'll have to blow me away"

and ya, i probably won it... but this is more than just a trade for me... we're talking my fave player on my fave team, that i basically dreamed the browns to draft.

killed me, really... and i think the overpay was because i wasnt even listening to ppl for offers. all i told everyone was "you'll have to blow me away"

and ya, i probably won it... but this is more than just a trade for me... we're talking my fave player on my fave team, that i basically dreamed the browns to draft.
Other guy overpaid.

Probably not the best time to trade Zeke, but I've been wanting to move him for a while in a PPR dynasty league. Thoughts?

Gave: Zeke and JuJu

Got: Akers 

I was very deep at WR (Godwin, McLaurin, Evans, Diontae Johnson, Pittman, Crowder, Campbell) and felt I could afford to give up a WR to get a RB I like better. Did I sell too cheap or fair value? 

Probably not the best time to trade Zeke, but I've been wanting to move him for a while in a PPR dynasty league. Thoughts?

I was very deep at WR (Godwin, McLaurin, Evans, Diontae Johnson, Pittman, Crowder, Campbell) and felt I could afford to give up a WR to get a RB I like better. Did I sell too cheap or fair value? 
Wow, you overpaid  by a lot IMO

At least you're in a league where people realize how good Chubb really is.
refreshing, isn't it? we're all either bills or browns fans for the most part, or at least all 10 of us appreciate both teams... chubb is probably the hottest RB commodity in our league. everyone wanted him

This must be some local Cleveland league.
see above. we just almost all watch browns games and my love for him well documented

I would take Akers over Zeke as best player in the deal, and kind of easily.

Saying that value was not on your side here even if you were dealing from position of strength and could afford to view JuJu as disposable. I'd have probably made the guy at least throw me back a decent second, then I think value would have been close.

Then unless you are a professional fantasy player and the goal for fantasy football is for it to enhance your experience when watching games you won.
Not sure I understand what you're saying... But barring injury, he's much liklier to win this season w Chubb than he is w Jacobs and 1.03, and he's already a strong contender. He wants to go ove the top for the W. and he did it

Not sure I understand what you're saying... But barring injury, he's much liklier to win this season w Chubb than he is w Jacobs and 1.03, and he's already a strong contender. He wants to go ove the top for the W. and he did it
No way for you to know that. We don't know who he gets at 1.03 & how that player will do in his 1st year...

This just went down in FFPC league, not SF, and also not involved:

Team A gave: Mark Andrews, 1.7, 2.7, 2022#1 projected late(league champ last year), 2022#3 also projected late

Team B gave: 1.3, 2.3,2.4, 3.6, 2022#1 that's hard to predict,  and a 2022#3 that projects high.

Put another way a bump from 7 to 3, 2.3 and 2.4 plus better odds at improved first and third round picks in 2022 for Mark Andrews and 2.7.

I'm solidly on team A's side.

I'm sideways, you gave up Chubb did not get him. I was trying to be nice and say you lost value but will enjoy rooting for your team more but none of that applies, quite the opposite.

I do not agree Chubb over Jacobs and 1.3  made that team better equipped to win it next year.

This is the epitome of a “better a year early, than a year too late” kind of deal. I like the gamble. 

Necessary overpay, maybe? Depends on how Zeke is valued in your league. Getting Akers is huge.

I don’t absolutely hate this, but I have to believe you could’ve got him to throw in a little more. At least like a 2nd or a couple 3rds. 

12 team SF PPR

Gave Chase Claypool and Darnell Mooney

Got Amari Cooper

I like Claypool as a Steeler fan but this feels like a solid return to me for two guys I got in round 3 and 4 of the rookie draft last year.

I don’t absolutely hate this, but I have to believe you could’ve got him to throw in a little more. At least like a 2nd or a couple 3rds. 
I do absolutely hate this.  Maybe it's just me as a scorned D. Henderson owner, but I'm not on the Akers hype train.  Yes I do think he'll get the volume next year.  However I don't think he's a special back.  And I can't believe Zeke could average over 20 ppg last year and suddenly turn to a washed up back at the exact same time Dak got injured.  That would be quite the coincidence. 

And if I'm wrong on both of those viewpoints, I still think they're close enough that Juju steals the deal.

12 team SF PPR

Got Amari Cooper

I like Claypool as a Steeler fan but this feels like a solid return to me for two guys I got in round 3 and 4 of the rookie draft last year.
I prefer Claypool and Mooney here. To the point I'd happily trade away Cooper for this return in the dynasty league I own him (and I've shopped him for a while with no takers) 

12 team SF PPR

Got Amari Cooper

If I am dealing Claypool I am aiming higher than Cooper...Cooper is a quality player but it feels like we know what he is right now and it's not gonna get higher...Claypool had an excellent rookie year as a third option and there's a good chance juju is moving elsewhere...the kid is kind of a physical freak and this deal is one you could really regret...as for Mooney he is far more than a throw-in...he had a very nice rookie year and while the Chicago QB situation seems eternally dicey he looks to be in a position to improve on last year's stats...overall, I love this deal for the Claypool/Mooney side...not an awful deal getting Cooper but I really don't see what is accomplished by giving away these two young assets and as I said I would be aiming much higher if I am including Claypool in any deal.

I’m probably in the minority, but give me Akers here. I think Zeke is on the downside, I’m not a believer in Juju, and I love Akers. I think Akers will be drafted in the first half of round 1 in redrafts in 2022.

This is hard. I like Akers a lot here but I do think you overpaid. It is entirely possible if not likely, however, that the fantasy gods will never punish you for it and that the worst you have to suffer for it is just hearing people talk #### about it. In the end if you think Akers >> Zeke (and many of us do), then it is probably worth it. But I love Juju (he is younger than McLaurin BTW) and I have zero doubts that the trading partner held a firm line on giving more than this. I would have wanted a 2nd back and would have added whatever scrub I could do get it done. But I mean, buying top RBs isn't supposed to be cheap nor easy. And it typically comes with some kind of premium, so I don't think this is out of bounds or anything. I would have to think real hard if I were the one moving Akers here, it isn't a slam dunk just because there may be value on the other side.

12 team SF PPR

Got Amari Cooper

I'm a big cooper fan/believer.

In an absolute dog poo year, w QB play that was on par w the fan run league, he narrowly missed out of being an WR1 (finished as #14 overall in PPR. 

I really like claypool, but we're comapring apples to oranges. Cooper is a magician route runner than can get open at will. And w Dak likely returning, his numbers should improve, even w Lamb.

Cooper is exactly like Allen Robinson in fantasy. criminally undervalued.

12 team SF PPR

Got Amari Cooper

If you're a Cooper fan then it's not a bad deal. I think Claypool and Cooper are equal in production and market value right now. But not age. Claypool has more upside than Cooper as well, IMO. Mooney is a great sleeper this year and can be had cheap. My preference might be to move Mooney for draft capital and keep Claypool. I'm trying to buy Mooney right now and not having much luck. If the Bears make a play for Wilson (not holding my breath) or some other QB that is decent (this is the Bears I'm talking about) then Mooney's price will only go up. If ARob leaves his price will go up. That last one may already be baked into Mooney's price since I think everyone considers it a foregone conclusion. I'm not so sure.

Anyway if you're a Cooper fan none of that matters because you got your guy and that is great. On paper it is close enough to even. This is a slam your keyboard (mouse?) trade for me if I'm shipping Cooper though.

I see the argument for Claypool, but Cooper has what 4 top 24 seasons at WR already and is only 26, for me I was buying stability.  I get that Claypool was about WR 23 in PPR this year I think and Cooper was 15 with a lot of bad qb play after Dak.  The upside and years might be on the side of Claypool but I think I can bank on 3 more top 24 years from Cooper and I have a window to win now so I like the stability, but I appreciate hearing the other side.  

I see the argument for Claypool, but Cooper has what 4 top 24 seasons at WR already and is only 26, for me I was buying stability.  I get that Claypool was about WR 23 in PPR this year I think and Cooper was 15 with a lot of bad qb play after Dak.  The upside and years might be on the side of Claypool but I think I can bank on 3 more top 24 years from Cooper and I have a window to win now so I like the stability, but I appreciate hearing the other side.  
But remember Tomlin admitted to pulling him back, cutting his minutes later in the year as he was worried about the rookie wall. Now add in the likelihood that JuJu is gone and you've got a player blasting into orbit when you pair his talent with opportunity...

Users who are viewing this thread