What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

But remember Tomlin admitted to pulling him back, cutting his minutes later in the year as he was worried about the rookie wall. Now add in the likelihood that JuJu is gone and you've got a player blasting into orbit when you pair his talent with opportunity...
That is all possible but Johnson and Washington are still going to be back and if it is Ben again he has not shown that he still has the down field throwing skill that would help Claypool.  I love claypool for the Steelers because he is a unique talent, but Cooper has shown the ability to do this over years and with Chase we are banking on him doing more than we have seen  I didn't think it was a slam dunk win for me, but I like what Cooper does for my team.

I see the argument for Claypool, but Cooper has what 4 top 24 seasons at WR already and is only 26, for me I was buying stability.  I get that Claypool was about WR 23 in PPR this year I think and Cooper was 15 with a lot of bad qb play after Dak.  The upside and years might be on the side of Claypool but I think I can bank on 3 more top 24 years from Cooper and I have a window to win now so I like the stability, but I appreciate hearing the other side.  
I like the Cooper side (and no im not a huge Cooper fan) and would like it a lot if I knew roster size was more shallow than deep.   

That is all possible but Johnson and Washington are still going to be back and if it is Ben again he has not shown that he still has the down field throwing skill that would help Claypool.  I love claypool for the Steelers because he is a unique talent, but Cooper has shown the ability to do this over years and with Chase we are banking on him doing more than we have seen  I didn't think it was a slam dunk win for me, but I like what Cooper does for my team.
I wrote this somewhere (could be this thread) but Cooper has a very bad habit of laying complete eggs during fantasy playoff time (weeks 14-16)...checkout his game-logs for those weeks over the years:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CoopAm00.htm

I'll take Mooney and Claypool, but I really, really like Claypool. You got what you wanted in Cooper, and people in these threads always value youth and picks over current production, and valuing current production is something wiser fantasy owners than I do. So you got your guy. Drink up and celebrate!

FFPC regular

Matt Stafford, David Johnson, pick 3.05

For

2022 2nd rounder (could be anywhere)

Edit...the deal doesnt really affect either team much regarding the cut down date

Last edited by a moderator:
This just went down in FFPC league, not SF, and also not involved:

Team A gave: Mark Andrews, 1.7, 2.7, 2022#1 projected late(league champ last year), 2022#3 also projected late

Team B gave: 1.3, 2.3,2.4, 3.6, 2022#1 that's hard to predict,  and a 2022#3 that projects high.

Put another way a bump from 7 to 3, 2.3 and 2.4 plus better odds at improved first and third round picks in 2022 for Mark Andrews and 2.7.

I'm solidly on team A's side.
Team A wins this and IMO it’s not close. 

This is the epitome of a “better a year early, than a year too late” kind of deal. I like the gamble. 
The Zeke owner was pushing to sell him to me last year. 

I may fire a shot at acquiring him since his perceived value is the lowest I’ve ever seen.

i see no reason he wouldn’t bounce back to a high level of play. His coach may prevent him from regaining top 3 status, but that doesn’t mean he’s not a good buy-low right now as a plug & play low-end RB1/high-end RB2. 

It’s a gamble, but I like the move for the guy getting Hurts. I would be very surprised if Philly drafted a QB, and the 1.05 could be a small price to pay for Hurts nine months from now. 
Guess it depends on the format, but Hurts would have to do exceptionally well to be worth the 1.05, never mind that being a bargain.

Guess it depends on the format, but Hurts would have to do exceptionally well to be worth the 1.05, never mind that being a bargain.
Small sample size sure, but he averaged around 27 points per game in a three-game stretch last year. So yes, in 2QB or SF(which that trade was) you better believe that’s a bargain for a 22 year old player. 

Small sample size sure, but he averaged around 27 points per game in a three-game stretch last year. So yes, in 2QB or SF(which that trade was) you better believe that’s a bargain for a 22 year old player. 
Where do you see Lawrence going in rookie drafts in those formats?

That’s “just as productive” isn’t it? I mean that’s a negligible difference.

Odd stance going on here - but in ppr fantasy football Chubb and Jacobs are close enough where getting the 1.03 and another first in the deal is a ridiculous overpay.
Yes, that is correct. I was just debating what I bolded - that Jacobs is as productive as Chubb. He's not. 

But I would take the Jacobs side of the actual trade because you're right, it was a big overpay.

12 team SF PPR

Gave Chase Claypool and Darnell Mooney

Got Amari Cooper

I like Claypool as a Steeler fan but this feels like a solid return to me for two guys I got in round 3 and 4 of the rookie draft last year.
I feel like I bang the Cooper is underrated drum a lot but I'd still take Claypool side on this one and that opinion is more pro-Claypool in nature then anti-Amari.

Unless Kareem Hunt had a foot amputated in the offseason that’s kind of irrelevant to FF. Hunt’s presence/productivity will put a cap on Chubb’s value as long as Hunt is splitting carries. 
I disagree with this too. As it was, Chubb was still 10th in RB PPR scoring and that's with missing 4.5 games. Had he played those games at an average level for the year, he likely would have been top 5.

Hunt doesn't cap Chubbs output. Hunt just has unusually high #2 back production. 

I disagree with this too. As it was, Chubb was still 10th in RB PPR scoring and that's with missing 4.5 games. Had he played those games at an average level for the year, he likely would have been top 5.

Hunt doesn't cap Chubbs output. Hunt just has unusually high #2 back production. 
I think he caps it...a bit. As in, I’m not sure I ever see Chubb hitting top 3 as long as Kareem is there, when I believe he has RB1 overall potential easily. I think Chubb might be the most talented back in the entire league. But Kareem is pretty darn good in his own right, and takes just enough away from Chubb with targets and red zone opportunities I think it does cap what could be absolutely monstrous seasons for Chubb. 

This one was from a few days ago and I'm not involved but the two trading partners have posted in this thread from time to time, figured I'd give them a few days to see if they posted but it's a big one so I will.

FFPC-standard

Team A gave: Barkley, 2.1, 2022#3

Team B gave: 1.3, Lamar Jackson, 3.3, 2022#3.

12 team SF PPR

Gave Chase Claypool and Darnell Mooney

Got Amari Cooper

I like Claypool as a Steeler fan but this feels like a solid return to me for two guys I got in round 3 and 4 of the rookie draft last year.
I just offered Cooper for Claypool and 2.4 in one of my leagues and was immediately rejected no comment no counter. I think that's a hell of a return for Cooper. I can't get jack squat for him. 

I just offered Cooper for Claypool and 2.4 in one of my leagues and was immediately rejected no comment no counter. I think that's a hell of a return for Cooper. I can't get jack squat for him. 
Agreed. I would take Claypool and Mooney in a heartbeat, particularly if Chicago upgrades at QB. I think Mooney has talent. 

Feel the same. I actually was taking a nap when the team posted Barkley was OTC  and by time I woke up he was gone. Bad timing for me to take a nap because while I can't say for sure how the team would have valued my players/picks but my guess is I'd have put a much better package together for him.

Where do you see Lawrence going in rookie drafts in those formats?
1.01 in probably 99% of leagues. The 1% of leagues would be people that already have QB dialed in and didn't figure out how to move back or didn't understand they should have taken Lawrence regardless if they couldn't move out of it.

This one was from a few days ago and I'm not involved but the two trading partners have posted in this thread from time to time, figured I'd give them a few days to see if they posted but it's a big one so I will.

FFPC-standard

Hunt caps Chubbs ceiling but that doesn't mean that Chubb isn't still going to be a top 10-ish RB.  Chubb can be good for FF and still have his ceiling capped.

FFPC-standard

Saquon, pretty easily. 

Hunt gets a lot of GL / RZ work. He also sponges up a ton of receptions. 

disagree if you’d like - it’s fairly obvious that Hunt caps his value. Just because Chubb is valuable doesn’t counter tjat - Chubb could have RB1 “it’s not even close” upside if he weren’t in a timeshare with another above average RB. 

I think he caps it...a bit. As in, I’m not sure I ever see Chubb hitting top 3 as long as Kareem is there, when I believe he has RB1 overall potential easily. I think Chubb might be the most talented back in the entire league. But Kareem is pretty darn good in his own right, and takes just enough away from Chubb with targets and red zone opportunities I think it does cap what could be absolutely monstrous seasons for Chubb. 
Bingo. 

Consolidating is going slowly

FFPC 

I gave up: Reagor and Tyler Johnson

I got: Michael Gallup

Leaves me with 2 WR1's and 4 WR2's which I don't need at all in FFPC format, but hey it's at least 1 roster spot. 

FFPC SuperFlex:

I gave Zeke, Parker, Higbee (speak of the devil)
I got Corey Davis, Ian Thomas, 1.09, 2.04, 3.01, 3.05

Just happened after the TE discussion but in this one I'm really not a Thomas fan but he is just a throw in for both of us. He probably won't make my roster. I am basically clearing two roster spots and liquidating Zeke here. I like Davis over Parker as well. 
And then today:

I gave 1.09, 2.04, Crowder, Big Ben
I got CEH, 2.06

I gotta be honest this one feels good. I know a lot of people don't like CEH but I'm not one of them.

I'm sideways, you gave up Chubb did not get him. I was trying to be nice and say you lost value but will enjoy rooting for your team more but none of that applies, quite the opposite.

I do not agree Chubb over Jacobs and 1.3  made that team better equipped to win it next year.
Gotta agree, pretty steep price for a 3PPG difference in my leagues, less than 2PPG in 2019. It could work out for him as Chubb is a very good RB, but 1.03 and future 1st could turn into good players or be traded for a very good player(s) that gives you much more than 3PPG at another starting spot.

On the whole Jacobs v Chubb thing - one note. A lot has been said about Chubb but not as much about Jacobs. I have to think that last year is at least a little bit of a low water mark for him. I don't know how much I would expect the Raiders offense to step forward but Jacobs is still so young that I have to think that this debated difference in production between Jacobs and Chubb is negligible and could be considered equal if regression to the mean is applied. Does Chubb have a higher ceiling than last year? I don't really think so for 2021 but I think Jacobs has room to grow on the other hand. Add in the rest of the deal and it was a slam dunk. 

FFPC Regular

I gave 3.06
I got Mooney

He offered me this or my Everett for Mooney but I think I have to see what Everett can do to beat that price. I think I like Higbee in LA right now more than Everett on team X in FA but I'd like to see it play out. And this team of mine is buying players like Mooney so I think I can roster Everett for now. 

FFPC Regular

I gave 3.06
I got Mooney

He offered me this or my Everett for Mooney but I think I have to see what Everett can do to beat that price. I think I like Higbee in LA right now more than Everett on team X in FA but I'd like to see it play out. And this team of mine is buying players like Mooney so I think I can roster Everett for now. 
Yeah I’d make that move easily. 

FFPC Regular

I gave 3.06
I got Mooney

Nice move for you. I sold Mooney for Gallup not long ago, but I also have ARob on the same team

FFPC standard:

Gave: JuJu, 2.11, projected late 2022#2

Got: 1.6

Depending on where he signs I might have regrets but as much as I like JuJu I'm just not sure he's not more Jarvis Landryesque. I'm just wanting to take a shot at higher upside which I know might come across as odd since JuJu's only 25 and has a monster year on his resume but that is starting to seem like the aberration.

Also of course freed up a spot.

Just moved Engram & Golladay for Hunt in PPR. I could use the Rb depth & I had been shopping both Golladay & Engram for months with no real worthwhile offers. I am a contender as of this year & Engram and Golladay didn't help me last year. I can plug Hunt in at flex. Plus, I free up a roster spot before cut downs

Just moved Engram & Golladay for Hunt in PPR. I could use the Rb depth & I had been shopping both Golladay & Engram for months with no real worthwhile offers. I am a contender as of this year & Engram and Golladay didn't help me last year. I can plug Hunt in at flex. Plus, I free up a roster spot before cut downs
It seems lopsided in the other guys favor. You should have gotten more out of this. Even Golliday for Hunt is lopsided as I would have asked for Hunt and a second rounder for Golliday. 

Users who are viewing this thread