What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (6 Viewers)

I think Engram probably has little to no trade value, so that's moving Golladay for Hunt IMO. I could see either side depending on positional need. But Golladay should have a little more value IMO 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just moved Engram & Golladay for Hunt in PPR. I could use the Rb depth & I had been shopping both Golladay & Engram for months with no real worthwhile offers. I am a contender as of this year & Engram and Golladay didn't help me last year. I can plug Hunt in at flex. Plus, I free up a roster spot before cut downs
Ugh, I don’t like that one for you, personally. While it’s true last year was essentially a wasted year for Golladay, he’s one year removed from being like the WR8 overall, and he just turned 27. He’s likely about to get a pretty decent contract from somebody in FA too. It’s not horrible, but Golladay>Hunt to me, much less adding another somewhat decent player. 

Ugh, I don’t like that one for you, personally. While it’s true last year was essentially a wasted year for Golladay, he’s one year removed from being like the WR8 overall, and he just turned 27. He’s likely about to get a pretty decent contract from somebody in FA too. It’s not horrible, but Golladay>Hunt to me, much less adding another somewhat decent player. 
At this point, I view Engram as hot garbage. Happy to be rid of him to be honest. I'm also not a Goff fan.

24 team PPR (TE sort of premium 1.25 per) 2 copies of each player QRRWWFFFTKD (11 starters but no more than 3 TEs)

Team A gave 1.22, Tonyan
Team B gave 1.10, Funchess

Robbery IMO. For one thing I hold 1.14 and would have paid the other version of Tonyan that I hold to move up. I suppose I would have tried hard to get something more than Funchess if it were my 1.14 +Tonyan but dang. Oh well, tip of my cap to Team A.

I gave Hines
I got 2.10

Also robbery but it appeared in my box. This is the only squad I have anymore that isn't an official FFPC team. 

FFPC SF

I gave Zeke, Julio
I got 1.05, Shenault

In every instance of a borderline orphan that I purchased this offseason, I looked at it, assessed it, and decided that I could turn it into a contender and compete in year 1, and then purchased it. Other orphans I bought were powerhouses already and I have zero doubt about competing in year 1. This orphan is one I have had 2nd thoughts about, however, and have decided to tear it down. The more I've stacked this one up against my other teams, it just isn't going to get there this year. It was $29 ($250 level) and I think it's future is much brighter after making these trades. This goes against my normal grain but I think I outkicked my coverage on this one in terms of competing in year 1. That said there is a world where this 1.05 outperforms Zeke in 2021 and Viska vs Julio, so it doesn't even necessarily hurt my 2021 production. And ring the bell for one more roster spot cleared. Which means I get to roster Antonio Brown without feeling weird about it.

FFPC SF

I gave Zeke, Julio
I got 1.05, Shenault

In every instance of a borderline orphan that I purchased this offseason, I looked at it, assessed it, and decided that I could turn it into a contender and compete in year 1, and then purchased it. Other orphans I bought were powerhouses already and I have zero doubt about competing in year 1. This orphan is one I have had 2nd thoughts about, however, and have decided to tear it down. The more I've stacked this one up against my other teams, it just isn't going to get there this year. It was $29 ($250 level) and I think it's future is much brighter after making these trades. This goes against my normal grain but I think I outkicked my coverage on this one in terms of competing in year 1. That said there is a world where this 1.05 outperforms Zeke in 2021 and Viska vs Julio, so it doesn't even necessarily hurt my 2021 production. And ring the bell for one more roster spot cleared. Which means I get to roster Antonio Brown without feeling weird about it.
No one wanted to give more than a Shenault type WR?

FFPC standard

Gave: Jalen Hurts

Got: 2022#2, projected late

Hurts is my QB3 in a one start QB league but I had some hesitation on this deal because the team I'm sending Hurts to is what I view as one of my main contenders and his weakness was QB and I'm a  bit of a believer in the fantasy value of Hurts so long as he maintains the job. But even after shedding some roster room I still had Hurts on the outside looking at making my team and I only had one buyer.

No one wanted to give more than a Shenault type WR?
This was by far and away the best deal for Zeke I could find. And I actually did shop him for a while and got a number of offers over the last few weeks. But including Julio is really the clincher probably to tie it together. Shenault has a lot of big fans. I'm not sold on him yet but among my very favorite FF plays is to acquire 2nd year WRs. If Lawrence is the real deal, and with a healthy Chark and Robinson, I think there is a ton of upside in that offense. Or at least a bit. 

FFPC SF

I gave Zeke, Julio
I got 1.05, Shenault

I like the deal for were your team is at for sure but to the bolded I would say I agree with the 1.5 over Zeke but I'd have phrased it more as I can see a world were AB outscores Julio then Viska. If AB's court case does not come back to bite him, I think it could be argued he has as much left as Julio to offer.

menobrown said:
I like the deal for were your team is at for sure but to the bolded I would say I agree with the 1.5 over Zeke but I'd have phrased it more as I can see a world were AB outscores Julio then Viska. If AB's court case does not come back to bite him, I think it could be argued he has as much left as Julio to offer.
Yeah I thought about that after I posted it. Viska is an upside play that I believe in a little bit but the idea wouldn't be to replace Julio's production with him as a motivating factor for this trade. But yes ABrown could accomplish that as well. Also to the extent that I am thinking about replacing Julio's production I'm thinking about current day Julio not prime Julio. Although honestly when he is healthy I don't know if there is a difference. Love the guy.

Me either, but he was able to support multiple fantasy relevant wr’s with the Rams. 
Most of Goff’s success looked scheme related to me and Woods and Kupp are more slot/possession type WRs while Golloday is a downfield guy. I can’t see going from Stafford to Goff as a positive for Golloday.

Most of Goff’s success looked scheme related to me and Woods and Kupp are more slot/possession type WRs while Golloday is a downfield guy. I can’t see going from Stafford to Goff as a positive for Golloday.
Cooks had the best season of his career in 2018 with Goff, and he’s certainly no possession receiver. 80/1204 with an average of 15.1 per reception. You can credit the scheme, sure, but Goff did still have over 4500 yards passing that season. And the next as well if I remember correctly. 

Cooks had the best season of his career in 2018 with Goff, and he’s certainly no possession receiver. 80/1204 with an average of 15.1 per reception. You can credit the scheme, sure, but Goff did still have over 4500 yards passing that season. And the next as well if I remember correctly. 
Cooks took a lot of shorter type passes for long gains - but yes you are right he's more of a downfield guy.

I've watched a lot of Rams games and while I would not say Goff was terrible - he does benefit from that system. It's obvious. Maybe I'm exaggerating the effect Goff would have on Golloday, but I can't see any way where it's an upgrade. There's no way it should be spun as a positive.

hunt is only locked up for this season, if im not mistaken. not a lock he stays
You are mistaken.

The Cleveland Browns and Kareem Hunt reached an agreement Tuesday on a two-year, $13.25 million contract extension, tying the running back to his hometown NFL team for the next three seasons.
This was during this past season so he's still signed through the 2022 season. So that's at least 2021 and 2022 that Chubb will be dealing with Hunt unless they let Chubb walk after this season.

10 man PPR

Gave: (and it broke my damn heart) Nick Chubb + 2022 2nd rounder

Got: 2021 1.03 + Joshua Jacobs + 2022 1st (will be late, if not 1.10)

He's a serious serious contender, I'm middle of the road trying to get better. 
I like Chubb and he is better than Jacobs but not even close to the 1.3 better.  Plus the 1st in 22 is significantly better than a 2nd.  You had no choice but to accept this.  The other owner made a terrible valuation here.

Probably not the best time to trade Zeke, but I've been wanting to move him for a while in a PPR dynasty league. Thoughts?

Gave: Zeke and JuJu

Got: Akers 

I was very deep at WR (Godwin, McLaurin, Evans, Diontae Johnson, Pittman, Crowder, Campbell) and felt I could afford to give up a WR to get a RB I like better. Did I sell too cheap or fair value? 
You gave up way to much for Akers here.  I would think you could have got much better value for Zeke elsewhere and Juju could rebuild his stock in the coming months.  You better hope McVay sticks with Akers completely for this to be close to worth it.

I disagree with this too. As it was, Chubb was still 10th in RB PPR scoring and that's with missing 4.5 games. Had he played those games at an average level for the year, he likely would have been top 5.

Hunt doesn't cap Chubbs output. Hunt just has unusually high #2 back production. 
I do like Chubb but calling him the best RB in football is a bit much.  It is obvious that league just goes nuts about players on the Brownies.  Everyone in any other league knows that was a bad trade even if Chubb is better than Jacobs.

This type of comment can only come from a Brownies fan.  I get it though if you want to watch players on your fav team but he definitely is not the best RB in the NFL or in fantasy.
I can assure you I am far from a Browns fan but if someone asked me who the best RB in football was Nick Chubb would be in the running. 

Who is better?
I would have to break it down further but one could make the argument that Cook is better.  King Henry is aging but he has been better than Chubb but I'd rather have Chubb in Dynasty for sure.  There is a reason that Chubb was a back end 1st round pick in even redraft leagues last year.  If he was "the best RB" in the NFL he would get more love.  I do think he is top 5 though and better than Jacobs so not like I'm dogging him hard or anything.

I can assure you I am far from a Browns fan but if someone asked me who the best RB in football was Nick Chubb would be in the running. 
In the running maybe but you would have to twist stats to make it that way.  I don't think his numbers are better than CMC, Cook, or Henry really.  I said he was top 5 so I'm not saying he is bad at all.  

I would have to break it down further but one could make the argument that Cook is better.  King Henry is aging but he has been better than Chubb but I'd rather have Chubb in Dynasty for sure.  There is a reason that Chubb was a back end 1st round pick in even redraft leagues last year.  If he was "the best RB" in the NFL he would get more love.  I do think he is top 5 though and better than Jacobs so not like I'm dogging him hard or anything.
That has nothing to do with his talent. 

If I built a back from the ground up and considered the whole package, he'd look a lot like Chubb. I would agree Cook is the closest. 

There is a reason that Chubb was a back end 1st round pick in even redraft leagues last year.
Yes. His name is Kareem Hunt. And even dealing with him and missing four games he still put up over 1000 yards rushing. No other running back has to deal with a complimentary back that if we are being honest would be the lead back on all but like 6 or 7 other teams in the league. 

None of my leagues have kickers anymore(thank goodness) but if they did I have to feel I would accept literally any rookie pick for literally any kicker. 
On my powerhouse squads I would pay this for Butker. Knowing I might not be able to roster him past his bye. But unless I have what I consider to be a top 3 kicker (which is ####### loose anyway) it is an autosnap. And on this team in particular I need every dart throw I can get. I need to get back to (real) work though because it is Monday and I'm talking about a kicker trade.

That has nothing to do with his talent. 

If I built a back from the ground up and considered the whole package, he'd look a lot like Chubb. I would agree Cook is the closest. 
I can't fault anyone for liking his skillset or body style at all.  He definitely fits the mold but CMC is the best back in football.  You could see that in just the few games he got to play this year even.  Even with a terrible team.  I like Chubb though.  I just think saying he is "the best" RB in football isn't accurate.  He may have that upside, he may have that type of package, or the things you want in a RB but he hasn't put it all together yet and may never.  As of right now, he is not the best.  Could be maybe though he has the talent.

I can't fault anyone for liking his skillset or body style at all.  He definitely fits the mold but CMC is the best back in football.  You could see that in just the few games he got to play this year even.  Even with a terrible team.  I like Chubb though.  I just think saying he is "the best" RB in football isn't accurate.  He may have that upside, he may have that type of package, or the things you want in a RB but he hasn't put it all together yet and may never.  As of right now, he is not the best.  Could be maybe though he has the talent.
I very much disagree. But it's cool. Not trying to pick a fight...

I do like Chubb but calling him the best RB in football is a bit much.  It is obvious that league just goes nuts about players on the Brownies.  Everyone in any other league knows that was a bad trade even if Chubb is better than Jacobs.
I agree that Chubb may be the best RB in football.  Definitely in the top five.  

Chubb might be the best runner in the NFL. I'm sure there are at least a few teams who would take him over any RB in the league.

Chubb is not the most versatile RB in the league and I'm sure there are many  teams who would prefer several other RB's in the league over Chubb.

Me either.  I just like fun debates really.  CMC just had a 1k/1k year and killed in the games he played last year.  If going pure RB, Henry was a better RB last year too.  Cook probably too but I put Cook and Chubb about the same personally.  
There is a difference between best FF RB and best RB.  If Chubb was used similarly to CMC he would but up better rushing numbers and solid receiving numbers.  Usage isn't necessarily a good indicator of who is the better RB.  The Browns have a very good RB2 in Hunt so they have the luxury of not overworking Chubb.

For fantasy Chubb is not the best RB but for real football I would rather have Chubb than any other current NFL RB. 

There is a difference between best FF RB and best RB.  If Chubb was used similarly to CMC he would but up better rushing numbers and solid receiving numbers.  Usage isn't necessarily a good indicator of who is the better RB.  The Browns have a very good RB2 in Hunt so they have the luxury of not overworking Chubb.

For fantasy Chubb is not the best RB but for real football I would rather have Chubb than any other current NFL RB. 
It is debatable but this is a FF chat isn't it?  Also, I'd be willing to bet that if the coaches/GMs were polled, he would not be the top option.  My feeling is just that making a blanket statement that "Chubb is the best RB in the NFL" is a bit short sighted.

It is debatable but this is a FF chat isn't it?  Also, I'd be willing to bet that if the coaches/GMs were polled, he would not be the top option.  My feeling is just that making a blanket statement that "Chubb is the best RB in the NFL" is a bit short sighted.
I took the comment as relating to actual football play and not FF.   You can discuss actual football skills on a FF chat.

I took the comment as relating to actual football play and not FF.   You can discuss actual football skills on a FF chat.
Even so he may have the skills to be the best RB in football but he hasn't been yet and may never.  So can say we think he will be next year but he definitely hasn't been.  I think a guy named King henry just went for 2K which only has been done by 7 other players (Sanders twice) and CMC just did 1k/1k which has only happened 2 times before him.  He may have the skills/traits that could get there but he definitely isn't there yet.

Also, this all started with a FF trade of Jacobs who is still young and very talented and 2 1sts for him.  That is highway robbery in fantasy football.

Even so he may have the skills to be the best RB in football but he hasn't been yet and may never.  So can say we think he will be next year but he definitely hasn't been.  I think a guy named King henry just went for 2K which only has been done by 7 other players (Sanders twice) and CMC just did 1k/1k which has only happened 2 times before him.  He may have the skills/traits that could get there but he definitely isn't there yet.

Also, this all started with a FF trade of Jacobs who is still young and very talented and 2 1sts for him.  That is highway robbery in fantasy football.
Yes those guys put up incredible numbers but their usage was a big contributing factor in that.  I can separate out raw stats from my opinion and base it on what I see in their actual play and I would rather have Chubb than either of those two RB's for my NFL team.  Its a debate for sure and I come out with Chubb as the preferred RB for me.  

Yes those guys put up incredible numbers but their usage was a big contributing factor in that.  I can separate out raw stats from my opinion and base it on what I see in their actual play and I would rather have Chubb than either of those two RB's for my NFL team.  Its a debate for sure and I come out with Chubb as the preferred RB for me.  
That is a respectable statement.  I wasn't hating on Chubb.  I think he is crazy good and calling someone a top 5 RB in the league isn't dogging him.  My argument was more to the Cleveland league that trade was made in.  I can understand preferring him due to what your eye/gut tells you.

rebuild, 10 team 2qb, I sent an offer of my 2.05 for his fant, was expecting if interest to get a counter of my 2.02 or 2.03.... but no, the counter he sent was

give: tonyan

I get: fant

had to google to make sure nothing happened to fant, then accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread