Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

9 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This type of comment can only come from a Brownies fan.  I get it though if you want to watch players on your fav team but he definitely is not the best RB in the NFL or in fantasy.

I can assure you I am far from a Browns fan but if someone asked me who the best RB in football was Nick Chubb would be in the running. 

8 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Who is better?

I would have to break it down further but one could make the argument that Cook is better.  King Henry is aging but he has been better than Chubb but I'd rather have Chubb in Dynasty for sure.  There is a reason that Chubb was a back end 1st round pick in even redraft leagues last year.  If he was "the best RB" in the NFL he would get more love.  I do think he is top 5 though and better than Jacobs so not like I'm dogging him hard or anything.

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC regular

I gave Butker
I got 4.02

I know it is small potatoes and all, but I woke up to it and I'm not going to say no.

None of my leagues have kickers anymore(thank goodness) but if they did I have to feel I would accept literally any rookie pick for literally any kicker. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I can assure you I am far from a Browns fan but if someone asked me who the best RB in football was Nick Chubb would be in the running. 

In the running maybe but you would have to twist stats to make it that way.  I don't think his numbers are better than CMC, Cook, or Henry really.  I said he was top 5 so I'm not saying he is bad at all.  

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I would have to break it down further but one could make the argument that Cook is better.  King Henry is aging but he has been better than Chubb but I'd rather have Chubb in Dynasty for sure.  There is a reason that Chubb was a back end 1st round pick in even redraft leagues last year.  If he was "the best RB" in the NFL he would get more love.  I do think he is top 5 though and better than Jacobs so not like I'm dogging him hard or anything.

That has nothing to do with his talent. 

If I built a back from the ground up and considered the whole package, he'd look a lot like Chubb. I would agree Cook is the closest. 

3 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

There is a reason that Chubb was a back end 1st round pick in even redraft leagues last year.

Yes. His name is Kareem Hunt. And even dealing with him and missing four games he still put up over 1000 yards rushing. No other running back has to deal with a complimentary back that if we are being honest would be the lead back on all but like 6 or 7 other teams in the league. 

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

None of my leagues have kickers anymore(thank goodness) but if they did I have to feel I would accept literally any rookie pick for literally any kicker. 

On my powerhouse squads I would pay this for Butker. Knowing I might not be able to roster him past his bye. But unless I have what I consider to be a top 3 kicker (which is ####### loose anyway) it is an autosnap. And on this team in particular I need every dart throw I can get. I need to get back to (real) work though because it is Monday and I'm talking about a kicker trade.

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That has nothing to do with his talent. 

If I built a back from the ground up and considered the whole package, he'd look a lot like Chubb. I would agree Cook is the closest. 

I can't fault anyone for liking his skillset or body style at all.  He definitely fits the mold but CMC is the best back in football.  You could see that in just the few games he got to play this year even.  Even with a terrible team.  I like Chubb though.  I just think saying he is "the best" RB in football isn't accurate.  He may have that upside, he may have that type of package, or the things you want in a RB but he hasn't put it all together yet and may never.  As of right now, he is not the best.  Could be maybe though he has the talent.

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I can't fault anyone for liking his skillset or body style at all.  He definitely fits the mold but CMC is the best back in football.  You could see that in just the few games he got to play this year even.  Even with a terrible team.  I like Chubb though.  I just think saying he is "the best" RB in football isn't accurate.  He may have that upside, he may have that type of package, or the things you want in a RB but he hasn't put it all together yet and may never.  As of right now, he is not the best.  Could be maybe though he has the talent.

I very much disagree. But it's cool. Not trying to pick a fight...

9 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I very much disagree. But it's cool. Not trying to pick a fight...

Me either.  I just like fun debates really.  CMC just had a 1k/1k year and killed in the games he played last year.  If going pure RB, Henry was a better RB last year too.  Cook probably too but I put Cook and Chubb about the same personally.  

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I do like Chubb but calling him the best RB in football is a bit much.  It is obvious that league just goes nuts about players on the Brownies.  Everyone in any other league knows that was a bad trade even if Chubb is better than Jacobs.

I agree that Chubb may be the best RB in football.  Definitely in the top five.  

Chubb might be the best runner in the NFL. I'm sure there are at least a few teams who would take him over any RB in the league.

Chubb is not the most versatile RB in the league and I'm sure there are many  teams who would prefer several other RB's in the league over Chubb.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Me either.  I just like fun debates really.  CMC just had a 1k/1k year and killed in the games he played last year.  If going pure RB, Henry was a better RB last year too.  Cook probably too but I put Cook and Chubb about the same personally.  

There is a difference between best FF RB and best RB.  If Chubb was used similarly to CMC he would but up better rushing numbers and solid receiving numbers.  Usage isn't necessarily a good indicator of who is the better RB.  The Browns have a very good RB2 in Hunt so they have the luxury of not overworking Chubb.

For fantasy Chubb is not the best RB but for real football I would rather have Chubb than any other current NFL RB. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Gally said:

There is a difference between best FF RB and best RB.  If Chubb was used similarly to CMC he would but up better rushing numbers and solid receiving numbers.  Usage isn't necessarily a good indicator of who is the better RB.  The Browns have a very good RB2 in Hunt so they have the luxury of not overworking Chubb.

For fantasy Chubb is not the best RB but for real football I would rather have Chubb than any other current NFL RB. 

It is debatable but this is a FF chat isn't it?  Also, I'd be willing to bet that if the coaches/GMs were polled, he would not be the top option.  My feeling is just that making a blanket statement that "Chubb is the best RB in the NFL" is a bit short sighted.

Edited by Jonesin For Some Football

It is debatable but this is a FF chat isn't it?  Also, I'd be willing to bet that if the coaches/GMs were polled, he would not be the top option.  My feeling is just that making a blanket statement that "Chubb is the best RB in the NFL" is a bit short sighted.

I took the comment as relating to actual football play and not FF.   You can discuss actual football skills on a FF chat.

8 minutes ago, Gally said:

I took the comment as relating to actual football play and not FF.   You can discuss actual football skills on a FF chat.

Even so he may have the skills to be the best RB in football but he hasn't been yet and may never.  So can say we think he will be next year but he definitely hasn't been.  I think a guy named King henry just went for 2K which only has been done by 7 other players (Sanders twice) and CMC just did 1k/1k which has only happened 2 times before him.  He may have the skills/traits that could get there but he definitely isn't there yet.

Also, this all started with a FF trade of Jacobs who is still young and very talented and 2 1sts for him.  That is highway robbery in fantasy football.

12 minutes ago, Gally said:

It was. He is just mixing up the argument. 

Even so he may have the skills to be the best RB in football but he hasn't been yet and may never.  So can say we think he will be next year but he definitely hasn't been.  I think a guy named King henry just went for 2K which only has been done by 7 other players (Sanders twice) and CMC just did 1k/1k which has only happened 2 times before him.  He may have the skills/traits that could get there but he definitely isn't there yet.

Also, this all started with a FF trade of Jacobs who is still young and very talented and 2 1sts for him.  That is highway robbery in fantasy football.

Yes those guys put up incredible numbers but their usage was a big contributing factor in that.  I can separate out raw stats from my opinion and base it on what I see in their actual play and I would rather have Chubb than either of those two RB's for my NFL team.  Its a debate for sure and I come out with Chubb as the preferred RB for me.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Gally said:

Yes those guys put up incredible numbers but their usage was a big contributing factor in that.  I can separate out raw stats from my opinion and base it on what I see in their actual play and I would rather have Chubb than either of those two RB's for my NFL team.  Its a debate for sure and I come out with Chubb as the preferred RB for me.  

That is a respectable statement.  I wasn't hating on Chubb.  I think he is crazy good and calling someone a top 5 RB in the league isn't dogging him.  My argument was more to the Cleveland league that trade was made in.  I can understand preferring him due to what your eye/gut tells you.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC regular

I gave Butker
I got 4.02

I know it is small potatoes and all, but I woke up to it and I'm not going to say no.

hilarious you got a high 4th for a kicker

Edited by iamkoza

rebuild, 10 team 2qb, I sent an offer of my 2.05 for his fant, was expecting if interest to get a counter of my 2.02 or 2.03.... but no, the counter he sent was

give: tonyan

I get: fant

had to google to make sure nothing happened to fant, then accepted.

Edited by iamkoza
  • Laughing 1
Just now, iamkoza said:

rebuild, 10 team 2qb, I sent an offer of my 2.05 for his fant, was expecting if interest to get a counter of my 2.02 or 2.03.... but no, the counter he sent was

Some people can't help recency bias and Big Bob looked good this year but I think you made out really well here.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

rebuild, 10 team 2qb, I sent an offer of my 2.05 for his fant, was expecting if interest to get a counter of my 2.02 or 2.03.... but no, the counter he sent was

Good move. 

4 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC regular

I gave Butker
I got 4.02

And then I missed getting Edwards in the next one by maybe 30 seconds. I sent this 4.02 but this got accepted first, after message post that he would take a 4th.

Team A gave Edwards

Team B gave 4.05

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC regular not involved:

Team A gave Tyreek, 1.04, future 3rd
Team B gave Barkley, Kupp, 2.05

Good one

A lot going on here. I think I prefer the side receiving Tyreek and the 1.04, but it seems pretty fair. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC regular not involved:

Team A gave Tyreek, 1.04, future 3rd
Team B gave Barkley, Kupp, 2.05

Good one

That seems like a pretty fair deal. I’d rather be on the side getting Barkley & Kupp, but i tend to undervalue picks a little. Bird in the hand & whatnot. 

46 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

I must be the odd guy out here, b/c I like the kicker position in FF.  It takes almost no time to manage, and it occasionally yields some quality entertainment.   

I do have a no K league and it's fine but I prefer having a K as well. For me it adds to decision/strategy and more possible things to pull for when watching a game and I'm always in favor of more of those things. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

I must be the odd guy out here, b/c I like the kicker position in FF.  It takes almost no time to manage, and it occasionally yields some quality entertainment.   

I would rather have a coach or a team position.  If the team wins you get points.  If not, no points.  

I absolutely hate the kicker position.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

I like it for the purpose of watching games (when I have the kicker) - but understand the arguments for eliminating it. 

• Like 1

Would definitely take two firsts for Godwin. 

I really like Higgins but I think I'd have to go with Dobbins, even though I don't trust the Ravens running game. The rest of that trade is just flotsam. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Would definitely take two firsts for Godwin. 

I really like Higgins but I think I'd have to go with Dobbins, even though I don't trust the Ravens running game. The rest of that trade is just flotsam. 

I totally agree.  I would have jumped on that for Godwin.  The other one I think is preference.  I like Higgins alot and Dobbins but Lamar caps Dobbins ceiling a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Just had 2 trades in a 12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB:  Not involved in either and all 4 different teams.

Chris Godwin

for

1.4 and 2022 1st (projected back half but probably close to the middle)

JK Dobbins

for

Tee Higgins, Seahawks D (to a Hawk fan), and 2022 3rd (probably middle as well)

5 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC not involved

Team A gives 1.06, 2022 2nd
Team B gives 1.09, 2.04, 2.11

Love the possible tier jump from 9 to 6. I'm trying hard to get deals like this done but not a ton of luck yet. 

I do like this jump. Would like it more after the NFL draft when I knew where people were going but I like it.

8 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR:

Gave: Lamb, 4.4, and 22 1st (projected very late)

Got: Reagor, 1.5, 1.9, and 5.11

I doubt Lamb puts the other guy over the top to win it all so I would hesitate to buy him at that price, but the future 1st probably swings it too far in that side's favor. You say it is projected late because it is yours, no? If the other guy thought for a second that it wouldn't be late it would be a slam the keyboard accept. The only real hesitancy is that 1.05 might buy a RB, and that is often a need. I don't think it is enough for Lamb and a 1st though.

5 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I doubt Lamb puts the other guy over the top to win it all so I would hesitate to buy him at that price, but the future 1st probably swings it too far in that side's favor. You say it is projected late because it is yours, no? If the other guy thought for a second that it wouldn't be late it would be a slam the keyboard accept. The only real hesitancy is that 1.05 might buy a RB, and that is often a need. I don't think it is enough for Lamb and a 1st though.

My roster is:

QB - Dak, Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold

RB - Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, Montgomery, Gio, Snell, Edwards

WR - Hill, Adams, Lamb, Shepard, Cephus, Perriman

TE - Kelce, Kittle

That is why I say it will be late.  I don't pick until the middle of the 3rd so really trying to get in to the 1st round but didn't want to undersell Lamb.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC not involved

Team A gives 1.06, 2022 2nd
Team B gives 1.09, 2.04, 2.11

Love the possible tier jump from 9 to 6. I'm trying hard to get deals like this done but not a ton of luck yet. 

I'd pay that to jump from 9 to 6. I got it as a big 7 right now(I'm thinking that's the the consensus in FFPC standard?) but I'm big on saying I doubt that holds.  But it's hard to envision that number growing to 9 and at  6 I have some insurance built in as I can afford to lose a player from the tier. I put value of that future 2022 2nd at least on par with 2.11 so really just paying 2.4 and I'd do that for 6 for sure.  I'd have to think a little harder about doing it for 7 were I'd lose my insurance but for sure I'd do it for 6.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****