What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (4 Viewers)

Understood, but we also need to look at the 1.02 pick over the last couple years.  Using Mike Tagliere (Fantasy Pros) as freely accessible, here are is rankings:

2020 - Johnathon Taylor (2020)

2019 - David Montgomery (2019)

2018 - Sony Michel (2018)

2017 - Leonard Fournette (2017)
Right, no doubt 1.02 has a lot of risk.  A lot more risk than AJB.  I just wanted to point out that AJB is not without (somewhat substantial) risk of his own that was being overlooked, and also that 1.02 certainly does not have to be a CMC level caliber player to necessarily be worth more than AJB 2 years from now.

People were grading the trade as if they went 10 years into the future and AJB was finishing up a career that mirrored Julio Jones.  But that is jumping way ahead.  For fantasy purposes AJB hasn't really even broken out as actually elite yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understood, but we also need to look at the 1.02 pick over the last couple years.  Using Mike Tagliere (Fantasy Pros) as freely accessible, here are is rankings:

2020 - Johnathon Taylor (2020)

2019 - David Montgomery (2019)

2018 - Sony Michel (2018)

2017 - Leonard Fournette (2017)
Bingo...that is exactly my fear...now if the other piece was a quality RB instead of a future pick I would like this deal far more for what the Owner is trying to accomplish (i.e. beefing up his RB unit). 

If you are looking at SF rankings then 1.2 might be a better RB too than some of the ones listed.
I don't think there is any doubt that at 1.2 you will be getting a high-end RB prospect...worst case it is one of Harris, Etienne or Williams and not sure about that league but Lawrence in a lot SF or 2 QB leagues is too good to pass up at 1.1 so all three could be on the board...actually I think he has 1.1 as well so he is sitting real pretty.

I don't think there is any doubt that at 1.2 you will be getting a high-end RB prospect...worst case it is one of Harris, Etienne or Williams and not sure about that league but Lawrence in a lot SF or 2 QB leagues is too good to pass up at 1.1.
Ya so he is really getting the best non-QB prospect in the draft which is usually not a bust.  I think he said he has 1.1 too so he gets to take Lawrence and still get that piece.

FFPC superflex. 

Team A gave 2022 1st & B. Jarwin. 

Team B gave M. Gordon, K. Golladay, & 2022 3rd. 
I'm not a fan of the 2022 class, especially at RB.  The QBs should be good however for superflex leagues.  In start 1QB leagues I'm not looking to obtain 2022 picks.  Now 2023 is a different story.....

PPR

Team A gave Ridley & Burrow

Team B gave Cousins, James Robinson & G. Davis.

Team A really had nothing at RB & is loaded at WR. Other QB of note on that roster is Hurts.

PPR

Team A really had nothing at RB & is loaded at WR. Other QB of note on that roster is Hurts.
That's the best Team A could get for Ridley? I'd take Ridley/Burrow quite handily. And I wouldn't have made this deal until after the draft.

PPR

I'll take Ridley and Burrow pretty easily here...Burrow is 9 years younger then Cousins so that is a very nice Dynasty upgrade right there...Ridley is a legit #1 and while I like Robinson a lot (and they play different positions) Ridley is a much safer player IMO...Davis is a solid prospect but for this deal to make sense that piece needed to be a lot stronger.

12 team ppr - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

Shenault, Laviska JAC WR

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11

For

White, James NEP RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

Shenault, Laviska JAC WR

For

White, James NEP RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR
That is an absolute steal for Adams...you gotta get way more than that...Mims and Shenault are quality prospects but I would be totally surprised if either comes close to being a #1 and while 1st round picks are always great assets to obtain this isn't even a high one so you are not in the stud zone...this deal make no sense at all to me, it's a ugly one. 

PPR

Ridley/Burrow side handily. Like Andy said, this one should happen after the draft. If the Jags spend big draft or FA capital on a RB, the return on Ridley/Burrow looks like scraps

That is an absolute steal for Adams...you gotta get way more than that...Mims and Shenault are quality prospects but I would be totally surprised if either comes close to being a #1 and while 1st round picks are always great assets to obtain this isn't even a high one so you are not in the stud zone...this deal make no sense at all to me, it's a ugly one. 
I can see it if one is high on Mims or Shenault, but I would not have done that if I owned Adams as I am not high on them

Hooper and a couple likely cuts. Looking at his team TE was the one weakness and now it is a strength.
Solid deal...you nail down a position of weakness (where the options are limited) and you get a decent pick this year where you should be in a spot to get someone that will have value similar to Shenault’s...I see what the other guy is thinking as well but would like his side more if the #1 was this year.

Trade in 12 team SFTEP

Bryan Edwards and a 2022 3rd

for

Figure that 2.04 is going to be at worst Chuba/Brevin/Dyami/Tylan with a chance to be better. 

I still think he overpaid. I had Andrews on a roster last year for about 6 weeks. Was glad to be rid of him.
I had Andrews on a few rosters in 2019 and went to Disneyland for the 1st time in my life because of him. Long way of saying I was disappointed in 2020 as well. I think it had more to do with Lamar taking a step back but I think there is plenty of reason to expect better than 2020 production in the future. I bought him last year for probably a similar price as this but ended up benching him through the playoffs, so yeah he has some warts.

ETA looks like I did Mixon and Ebron for Andrews and Gaskin. Worked out I suppose.

I had Andrews on a few rosters in 2019 and went to Disneyland for the 1st time in my life because of him. Long way of saying I was disappointed in 2020 as well. I think it had more to do with Lamar taking a step back but I think there is plenty of reason to expect better than 2020 production in the future. I bought him last year for probably a similar price as this but ended up benching him through the playoffs, so yeah he has some warts.
I like the player, I hate the situation. It’s going to be difficult to trust any offensive skill player with LJax playing wildca-er, QB. 

I didn’t see much improvement as a passer (even a little regression) and I think that’s going to impact the consistency & upside of all Ravens receivers. 

If the Ravens commit to his development as a passer I’ll change my mind about their receivers, but they don’t really seem interested in that. 

I like the player, I hate the situation. It’s going to be difficult to trust any offensive skill player with LJax playing wildca-er, QB. 

I didn’t see much improvement as a passer (even a little regression) and I think that’s going to impact the consistency & upside of all Ravens receivers. 

If the Ravens commit to his development as a passer I’ll change my mind about their receivers, but they don’t really seem interested in that. 
Yeah I see that but TE is a different animal in fantasy than WR. Andrews is among the top options in fantasy whereas yes I wouldn't touch a Ravens WR in fantasy. He will always have high weekly upside in that offense but less of a floor than Waller and Kittle but arguably not by a lot. 

Yeah I see that but TE is a different animal in fantasy than WR. Andrews is among the top options in fantasy whereas yes I wouldn't touch a Ravens WR in fantasy. He will always have high weekly upside in that offense but less of a floor than Waller and Kittle but arguably not by a lot. 
"Among" just means he's one of the smarter kids on the short bus. 

Trade in 12 team SFTEP

Bryan Edwards and a 2022 3rd

for

Figure that 2.04 is going to be at worst Chuba/Brevin/Dyami/Tylan with a chance to be better. 
Excellent cash out price for Bryan Edwards. That’s where he was getting picked last year and he did zilch

Dude vanished for weeks at a time. His floor is just so much lower than the “safety net” TEs since his QB doesn’t really function like other QBs.

When most QBs feel enough pressure to need the safety net they dump off to a TE or a RB. 

When LJax fees pressure he takes off running. It changes Andrews value immensely, and for the worse.

If I owned him I would hope I could find someone optimistic like you to dump him off on while the jury’s still out. I’m completely not sold on his viability as an elite TE in that offense. Some boom games, sure, but extreme volatility.  I don’t think he’s worth what the market thinks he’s worth, so he’s an easy sell for me. I don’t see him as “one of the top options” at TE - I see a perception of that for a dude who’s unlikely to deliver. 

Dude vanished for weeks at a time. His floor is just so much lower than the “safety net” TEs since his QB doesn’t really function like other QBs.

When most QBs feel enough pressure to need the safety net they dump off to a TE or a RB. 

When LJax fees pressure he takes off running. It changes Andrews value immensely, and for the worse.

If I owned him I would hope I could find someone optimistic like you to dump him off on while the jury’s still out. I’m completely not sold on his viability as an elite TE in that offense. Some boom games, sure, but extreme volatility.  I don’t think he’s worth what the market thinks he’s worth, so he’s an easy sell for me. I don’t see him as “one of the top options” at TE - I see a perception of that for a dude who’s unlikely to deliver. 
I don't really disagree - I'm not trying to target him because of that volatility. But I still think he is above the rest of the pack after the top 3. Last year was down 2019 was league winning. He had 5 games where he disappeared this year he had 8 where he was worth it. The volatility is not unheard of for TEs. We'd all rather have Kelce or Waller and probably everyone would take Kittle as well. I think he is still solidly #4 though. There are probably 3 or 4 that could usurp him there but again just imagine if 2021 is better than 2020. Not a whole lot of reason to think it wouldn't be. 

Disappearing games in 2020 - 4.4, 6.7, 5.1, 7.7, 6.7 ok yeah that is bad ~6 PPG but not unheard of for TEs
Good games in 2020 - 25.3, 22.2, 20.6, 16.6, 23.1, 15.3, 20.1, 16.6 that is 20 PPG so yeah super volatile but I'm not seeing many examples of guys having similar production without similar floor games. Hockenson is the only one I could find. And again if 2021 is even a little bit closer to 2019......

My biggest hesitation with Andrews is that the Ravens might actually finally find a real WR soon. Part of Andrews appeal is that he is the clear #1 passing target. That could change or be seriously undermined if they finally find someone.

12 team PPR 1 QB

Gave

Wentz, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith

Got

Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love, Devante Parker

Wentz was my only starting QB, embarrassing really.
Interesting trade. Win now. Rodgers. If not win now I would rather have the Wentz side. I have a feeling that Rodgers isn't going to be playing for much longer. And not sure Love is the answer long-term. 

My biggest hesitation with Andrews is that the Ravens might actually finally find a real WR soon. Part of Andrews appeal is that he is the clear #1 passing target. That could change or be seriously undermined if they finally find someone.
That’s a valid concern. And Marquis Brown seemed to be coming on a bit towards the last 1/4 of the season. 

adding a JuJu would be potentially devastating since he’ll take a lot of short and intermediate attention. 

A great fit for the Ravens, but I agree bad for Andrew. There are only so many receptions in Baltimore to go around. 

I also concede that the Baltimore offense could develop. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that LJax takes that next step & becomes a better passer. That would change everything. 

Just curious what other TEs have a better floor?

Outside of Kelce/Kittle/Waller it feels like every TE last year put up a ton of stinkers. I admittedly haven't looked at it closely though. 

12 team PPR 1 QB

Gave

Wentz, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith

Got

Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love, Devante Parker

Wentz was my only starting QB, embarrassing really.
Seems like your roster are probably larger based on you trading for the likes of Jordan Love. I’d personally take Johnnu, Samuel and hope Wentz takes a step back to previous form. In a 1QB you couldn’t get a QB you were comfortable with for less??

Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

Shenault, Laviska JAC WR

For

White, James NEP RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR
You got a hell of a deal. Looking purely at draft capital, that's 2020 2.01, 2020 2.04, and 2021 1.11 for the #1 PPR WR in 2020 despite missing two games. I don't have confidence Mims and Shenault will hit, which they need to in order to break even on a deal like this.

FFPC regular

I gave Everett
I got MVS, 3.11, 4.03
I see what both sides are doing...Everett is intriguing because he looks the part and as a FA he could be in a spot where he might be able to finally take the leap forward, if you are weak at TE this is not a bad dice roll because you aren't giving up much...on the flipside you get a couple of picks for a back-bencher/possible cut candidate that may help you make another move or they give you the opportunity to get lucky with one of those picks. 

Biggie that I feel really good about, even though it's a high price to pay

FFPC

I got: Lamb, 1.08

I gave up: 1.02, 2022 1st, Fant

Still have 1.05 and now 1.08

Biggie that I feel really good about, even though it's a high price to pay

FFPC

I got: Lamb, 1.08

I gave up: 1.02, 2022 1st, Fant

Still have 1.05 and now 1.08
That's a big one and if Lamb is getting dealt it needs to be...I see what both teams are doing...I am a big Lamb guy so I would do it because that 1.8 really takes the edge off of what you had to give up...the fact you had the 1.5 already makes this deal that much easier to make...that being said I have zero issues with what the other guy did, if Fant realizes his potential he will not be unhappy with this deal as well.

Users who are viewing this thread