What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

FFPC regular

I gave Everett
I got MVS, 3.11, 4.03
I still like Everett and looking forward to see were he lands but I have a league were I doubt I can free up a spot for him and right now I'd probably be lucky to get 4.3.  I'm holding on hoping FA improves his stock but that's a good exit you got right now.

Biggie that I feel really good about, even though it's a high price to pay

FFPC

I got: Lamb, 1.08

I gave up: 1.02, 2022 1st, Fant

Still have 1.05 and now 1.08
Wow that is a blockbuster.  I think I might lean the 1.02 side because I'm not quite as high on Lamb as some, but this one seems pretty fair and just a matter of preference.

I would take Fant and the two picks myself.
2022 draft won't be that good for a RB past pick 3.  Unless it's a superflex league, because QBs look good for 2022, I'll pass if I think that pick is after 1.03 and I'm not even comfortable with that pick.  After Breece Hall who you got?  Spiller?  Harris?  K Williams?  Borghi? Charbonnet?  No thanks.  I suppose David Bell and Garrett Wilson would be nice if either declare. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious what other TEs have a better floor?

Outside of Kelce/Kittle/Waller it feels like every TE last year put up a ton of stinkers. I admittedly haven't looked at it closely though. 
It’s not purely a matter of Andrews floor, it’s his floor in the context of his value. 

If I’m going to obtain a premium quality TE (especially in a non-TE premium scoring system) it’s gonna be one of the top 3. 

As you suggest - all of the TEs after the top 3 have some inconsistency. But none of them carry Andrews price tag. 

i guess I’d rather just spend a lot less at TE for an upside guy like Engram than overpay for Andrews who has a higher ceiling, but similar number of duds. 

And I will again concede that I base this off of my evaluation of LJax, which could be off. If you think Lamar Jackson will take several steps forward as a passer, my analysis goes out the window & Andrews could even be considered a buy-low. Of course for that to happen, Baltimore’s defense would have to take a step backwards too, as run-first defensive teams typically pass less. 

2022 draft won't be that good for a RB past pick 3.  Unless it's a superflex league because QBs look good for 2022, I'll pass if I think that pick is after 1.03 and I'm not even comfortable with that pick.
I don't understand why would I only factor that 2022#1 on strength of RB?

I edited my previous post.  Please read it.  
No one was thinking Najee Harris or Williams were the type of players you'd want to spend a high pick on this year. Players will emerge but specifically to this deal I have 1.2/Fant pretty close to Lamb/1.8 so I'm not looking at this as needing that 2022#1 to be a homerun, more like a cherry on top.

No one was thinking Najee Harris or Williams were the type of players you'd want to spend a high pick on this year. Players will emerge but specifically to this deal I have 1.2/Fant pretty close to Lamb/1.8 so I'm not looking at this as needing that 2022#1 to be a homerun, more like a cherry on top.
I think Fant is a risk.  Their QB sucks and Sutton is back, to go along with Jeudy and Hamler.  I look at 1.2 and Lamb a wash and the 1.8 is gravy.  He will get a very good player at 1.8.  Perhaps someone like Pitts, Lawrence (non-superflex), Waddle, Bateman, Moore, or even Smith.  I doubt Javonte Williams falls to 8, but I suppose in some leagues he could.  I would take all of those players over Fant and the 2022 1st.

I don't think Fant is a risk...he is 40-562-3 and 62-673-3 in his first two years which are excellent numbers historically...he is also super-athletic and won't be 24 until November...I think his floor will be a quality starter so that mitigates his risk...his risk is if you project him (i.e. making this deal being certain because of it) to join the ranks of the Wallers, Kittles and Kelces and he he doesn't get to that level...I will also say how you build your team matters...there are definitely a lot of quality posters here who don't care too much about the TE position...for me I value it a lot because I like to lock that position down and not waste time finding a week-to-week starter as well as knowing what an advantage a TE like Waller can give you.  

I don't think Fant is a risk...he is 40-562-3 and 62-673-3 in his first two years which are excellent numbers historically...he is also super-athletic and won't be 24 until November...I think his floor will be a quality starter so that mitigates his risk...his risk is if you project him (i.e. making this deal being certain because of it) to join the ranks of the Wallers, Kittles and Kelces and he he doesn't get to that level...I will also say how you build your team matters...there are definitely a lot of quality posters here who don't care too much about the TE position...for me I value it a lot because I like to lock that position down and not waste time finding a week-to-week starter as well as knowing what an advantage a TE like Waller can give you.  
I already have Kittle, and the guy getting Fant doesn't really have anything at TE. It works for both of us well. 

I think Fant is a risk.  Their QB sucks and Sutton is back, to go along with Jeudy and Hamler.  I look at 1.2 and Lamb a wash and the 1.8 is gravy.  He will get a very good player at 1.8.  Perhaps someone like Pitts, Lawrence (non-superflex), Waddle, Bateman, Moore, or even Smith.  I doubt Javonte Williams falls to 8, but I suppose in some leagues he could.  I would take all of those players over Fant and the 2022 1st.
The player you pick at 8 is more of a risk then Fant IMO since he's actually played in the NFL, looks legit. Same way I view 1.2 vs Lamb. 1.2 gives you Chase or RB option, just keeping this as a comp of Lamb to Chase I am higher on Chase talent but I do give some consideration to fact Lamb actually performed well on an NFL field. So to me you got somewhat proven Lamb for risk of unknown at 1.2 and somewhat proven Fant for risk of unknown at 1.8. Which is just one reason why I viewed 1.2/Fant as equitable to Lamb/1.8.

He did not say this was SF so I assume it's not.

My guess is Pitts is long gone by 8 in a TE premium league. Williams would have to go a spot he looked buried or part of a RBBC for 2+ years to fall to 8.  My guess is at best you can obtain one of the Bama WR's at 8 but most people have this draft as an upper tier of 6 or 7 so maybe not and in a TE premium league I'm 100% taking Fant over Bateman and Moore.

The risk with Fant is that Denver has already maxed out the impact it hopes to receive from the TE position.

His skill level could increase from where he's at but the production could already be plateaued. I personally don't think the Broncos are going to get any more TE-centric than they already are.

The risk with Fant is that Denver has already maxed out the impact it hopes to receive from the TE position.

His skill level could increase from where he's at but the production could already be plateaued. I personally don't think the Broncos are going to get any more TE-centric than they already are.
I think Albert-O is a talented TE and was looking good before his injury.  People are forgetting about him.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave Cam Newton
I got 2022 2nd, 3rd

Same league not involved but the guy that bought Cam did this:

Gave : Montgomery, 2.08
Got : Brady, Mostert, J Wilson, 2022 4th

Oof. I feel like my future 2nd just got better with the second trade. Burns though because I had that Brady share on my team just a couple weeks ago and have tried to move him everywhere including to this guy, but somehow he gave up Montgomery and 2.08 to get him and (a couple of) the SF backs. I guess I didn't have cheap or crappy enough RBs to add to Brady to get Monty and 2.08. Best exit price on Cam I could have ever hoped for though. I was probably going to cut him.

FFPC

Yeah that is big. No issue with it especially if you really like Lamb. I'd lean to the other side but it's fair.

Fant is just starting his 3rd year and 24. One way or another (Lock improving a lot or, more likely, by FA or draft pick) they are going to have a very different QB in 2022. Assuming Fant is capped at his past level is not a good premise. If they win the Watson sweepstakes or Wilson sees a good situation and makes SEA trade him, Fant's whole world changes. It is hard to envision a TE future with more potential for improvement than a 24 year old kid, coming late to the position who has only had Lock as a QB.

Fant is just starting his 3rd year and 24. One way or another (Luck improving a lot or, more likely, by FA or draft pick) they are going to have a very different QB in 2022. Assuming Fant is capped at his past level is not a good premise. If they win the Watson sweepstakes or Wilson sees a good situation and makes SEA trade him, Fant's whole world changes.
Neither is assuming he'll produce more.

Name the elite TEs that Wilson and Watson have produced.

I don't think its that those guys will create an elite TE, but that Fant has shown that he might be one and has been held back by Lock. Saying Denver has maxed out its TE use with Lock seems awfully dismissive.

Neither is assuming he'll produce more.

Name the elite TEs that Wilson and Watson have produced.
I see Fant as the smallest piece in that deal so it may be moot. Even if his production stays at that level it may be worth it. 

I can't name a single talented TE that has been on either the Texans or Seahawks roster during that time. How could they produce an elite TE when they have only had scrubs? Fant at 24 is way beyond anything they have had. 

I don't think its that those guys will create an elite TE, but that Fant has shown that he might be one and has been held back by Lock. Saying Denver has maxed out its TE use with Lock seems awfully dismissive.
Sutton’s return and continued development of Jeudy and Hamler, combined with the uncertainty at QB, gives me some pause with Fant.  Plus Albert-O should be back.  He showed some promise before his injury.

Sutton’s return and continued development of Jeudy and Hamler, combined with the uncertainty at QB, gives me some pause with Fant.  Plus Albert-O should be back.  He showed some promise before his injury.
I’m a Fant guy. I thought he had an easier time getting open with Sutton healthy. More mouths to feed might hinder but it could also inadvertently help if defenses are shifting coverage away from him.

that all said....I’m Not sure what his ceiling is, and the QB situation is in flux. But Fant is a physical specimen & has talent.

Its a bit similar to the risk with Andrews at what should be a much lower price tag.

FFPC

As others have said, this is real close.   I like your side if you are strong at RB and don't mind missing out on the top 3 RB's in the draft.

Just made this deal.

FFPC 1 QB:

Gave: Mark Andrews, 2021 2.07, 2022 2nd

Got: CEH

I need help at RB and still have Hockenson and Gesicki at TE.

I just saw the discussion about Andrews jn here.  I like him a lot as a player but I'm of the opinion that he has significant downside risk.

Just made this deal.

FFPC 1 QB:

I just saw the discussion about Andrews jn here.  I like him a lot as a player but I'm of the opinion that he has significant downside risk.
Great deal for you

Just dealt Tua for the 2.12 after trading for Burrow the other day. Start 1 QB & my other QB is Lamar.

Now to see if I can turn both my 2nd rounders into a late 1st or what players I can get for the two 2nds & two 3rds I now have...

Just made this deal.

FFPC 1 QB:

I like Andrews a lot but CEH all day

He just became elite and is only 27.  Not sure i get your way of thinking here.
Nothing to do with age. There seemed to be more to his not playing last year than injuries alone. And with Brees probably gone, that QB situation is up in the air.

I guess I just think that he had the perfect storm for a few years, and now there’s a lot more working against him. 

Edit: It’s not just me. A couple years ago he was easily top 3 in dynasty rankings for WR. Most rankings barely have him in the top 10 now.

Just made this deal.

FFPC 1 QB:

I like the upside of CEH, but after 2020 I would have thought maybe an even CEH for Andrews coulda gotten it done. 

I still like the deal for you but it adds a bit more risk since you arguably paid top dollar for CEH. 

Users who are viewing this thread