What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (30 Viewers)

ghostguy123 said:
FFPC

Justin Herbert

For

Deshaun Watson and Will Fuller
What would be the upside for the person trading Herbert? A QB with equal output and an often injured receiver heading to a downgrade at QB? Hard to comprehend this one as you have minimal upside and nearly all the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spike said:
Would much rather have Rodgers and Thomas.
I shopped Thomas for quite a while late last season and through this off-season. I really need help at RB but no one was willing to make a deal that would have given me a good young RB for Thomas. I might have been able to trade him straight up for a slightly earlier 2021 1st round pick, but the owner eventually decided he preferred the pick over Thomas. No one else who had an earlier pick was interested in trading it for Thomas. I debated about keeping Thomas but my team hasn't done all that well with him on it and I was worried that with his age and the QB situation in New Orleans that Thomas may have already hit peak value and I didn't want to risk seeing his value fall while my team continues to either just miss or barely make the playoffs.

I still have Wilson at QB so losing Rodgers didn't matter much to me and I don't see much difference in value between Rodgers and Stafford.

barackdhouse said:
Well they're all going to be on the field at the same time a lot and Sanders makes them better. I had been hoping for a possible 1a1b situation with Diggs until Sanders came into the picture. I have bumped Davis down a bit. 
You actually had Davis as a dual #1 with Diggs?  After last year I couldn't imagine anyone being close to Diggs in that offense.  He is the clear #1 and whoever is next is a distanced #2 behind.  

You actually had Davis as a dual #1 with Diggs?  After last year I couldn't imagine anyone being close to Diggs in that offense.  He is the clear #1 and whoever is next is a distanced #2 behind.  
No. See what I said, and what you highlighted, was that I *had been hoping*, not that I *had* him there. Pretty big difference really. I also mentioned 3 or 4 times that Diggs is the true #1. I've been paying 3rds and 4ths for Davis. Speculative buys. 

FFPC

Tylan Wallace and Elijah Moore

For

Chase Edmonds
I'm assuming this was after a startup because otherwise there's no way to roster Wallce or Moore yet right? I like both of them as WR prospects. I like Edmonds enough that he might be serviceable especially in FFPC full PPR, I just don't see the ceiling with him. It's really easy to roster average'ish WR's in FFPC, but I feel their values will increase over time while Edmonds won't. Because of that I'd go with the WR's. 

Edmonds is just the next fringe sized RB everyone wants to be a thing, like Duke Johnson. Sorry folks, he's a backup trying to be a workhorse, it won't happen. 

I shopped Thomas for quite a while late last season and through this off-season. I really need help at RB but no one was willing to make a deal that would have given me a good young RB for Thomas. I might have been able to trade him straight up for a slightly earlier 2021 1st round pick, but the owner eventually decided he preferred the pick over Thomas. No one else who had an earlier pick was interested in trading it for Thomas. I debated about keeping Thomas but my team hasn't done all that well with him on it and I was worried that with his age and the QB situation in New Orleans that Thomas may have already hit peak value and I didn't want to risk seeing his value fall while my team continues to either just miss or barely make the playoffs.

I still have Wilson at QB so losing Rodgers didn't matter much to me and I don't see much difference in value between Rodgers and Stafford.
Thomas is a guy that I see a disconnect in discussions vs in leagues. No one wants to be left holding the bag if last year was not an aberration unless they can get him at a decent discount. In one of my leagues his owner wanted the 1.05 + Pittman which is too much IMO.

Non-ppr Zealots IDP

Gave: 1.12 & 2021 1st

Got: 1.07

I may have overthought this one but I wasn't digging what will likely be at 1.12. I think any player in the top seven is worth next year's first, even if that pick ends up high. Plus, getting to use the extra player for one more year counts for something. I offered him this year's 1.12 & 2.1 as well (he didn't have a 2nd rounder) but he took the above deal.

Really, I just wanted to control the middle of this first round. Now I have picks 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 13. I know I'll get one of the top RBs, probably two of the top WRs, Lawrence, and then decide if I want a third WR or Pitts. 

I guess I pushed a lot of chips in on this class.
You are a big believer in this draft.  I think that could be a high price but if you are playoff team and it is bottom half then it isn't too bad.  I'm not sure I make the move but I don't like the 22 class as much as this so I don't have a problem with it at all.

You are a big believer in this draft.  I think that could be a high price but if you are playoff team and it is bottom half then it isn't too bad.  I'm not sure I make the move but I don't like the 22 class as much as this so I don't have a problem with it at all.
I'm a big believer in what I think are the top eight comprising a core of a team for the next five years.

I'm a big believer in what I think are the top eight comprising a core of a team for the next five years.
I don't think your thinking is wrong at all but some will bust and with that many picks you are for sure to get some down with the up.  I just don't like having that much skin in one draft.  I think your thought process is solid just wouldn't be my choice with your existing picks.  I agree with the top 8.  I have 5 and 8 this year and looking forward to whoever I get there.

FFPC SF not involved

Team A gave DJ Moore
Team B gave Diontae Johnson, Darnold

I think this is a free Darnold and then a small upgrade at WR as well. Well done.

Two separate @FFPC dyno trades in different leagues just now, within minutes of each other:

2021 2.02 for Mike Davis

2021 4.03 for Mike Davis

Sweet spot somewhere in the middle, I'm guessing?

Two separate @FFPC dyno trades in different leagues just now, within minutes of each other:

2021 2.02 for Mike Davis

2021 4.03 for Mike Davis

I think the 4th is more realistic but thanks for reminder I still got Mike Davis on a roster and need to see what I can get. If I got the middle I'll be awfully happy.

I think the 4th is more realistic but thanks for reminder I still got Mike Davis on a roster and need to see what I can get. If I got the middle I'll be awfully happy.
Damn, I was hoping it was the league we're in together.  I would've made your day!

I wish, I kid you not I've already been rejected by 3 teams in that league since I typed that response to you a few minutes ago. At least they let me know quick.
Wow.  I rarely raise my hand (at least as far as fantasy football goes), but I guess I finally found a hill I'm willing to die on.  Yes, it's Mike Davis-Falcons Hill (it's on most miltary maps) and the trenches are dug.

Wow.  I rarely raise my hand (at least as far as fantasy football goes), but I guess I finally found a hill I'm willing to die on.  Yes, it's Mike Davis-Falcons Hill (it's on most miltary maps) and the trenches are dug.
It's not crazy to think he could hang onto the job as at least the primary guy in a RBBC.  They won't be signing a FA RB, they won't draft one at 4,  they won't trade back to 8 and take Najee Harris as Casserly tried to put out in a mock so really unless one of the big 3 goes to them in round two I'm not sure any rookie RB is taking this job.

I got no room for him but think he would be a good buy for someone else. 2 of my 3 rejections had no comment, a third one said "I'm good with my RB's". He's got Montgomery, ROJO, Kerryon and Perine.  How can you be good with that?

Also I was mainly asking for 2022 #2's. Figured I'd give myself some counter room but no one made one, so far.

2021 2.02 for Mike Davis

2021 4.03 for Mike Davis

Success! And I stand corrected on his return. I shotgunned him to 8  teams in that league I thought might have some interest and got 5 pretty fast rejection and most of those I was asking for a 2022#2. But the old 6th guy strolled in accepted my offer, so:

Gave: Mike Davis

Got: 2.4

Success! And I stand corrected on his return. I shotgunned him to 8  teams in that league I thought might have some interest and got 5 pretty fast rejection and most of those I was asking for a 2022#2. But the old 6th guy strolled in accepted my offer, so:

Yikes. Good work. 

So explain what made you do 2022 seconds for some owners and the 2.04 for the lucky new owner of Davis?

That is a great move.  Well worth Davis.

Updated thread title. 2021. 

12 team happenings in my league this week. PPR. 1 QB. 

Fournette, Preston Williams, 4.11 for 2022 1st and 2022 2nd (projected early)

Preston Williams and 4.11 for Jamaal Williams. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick for 5.6 and 6.6 

So explain what made you do 2022 seconds for some owners and the 2.04 for the lucky new owner of Davis?

A little spur of the moment so I did not put a ton of thought into it but my order of preference was early 2021 #2, projected early 2022#2,  random 2022#2, known late 2021 #2. But I felt like it was just asking to much for 2.1 and 2.2 so long story as short as I can make it.

To teams holding 2.1 and 2.2 I asked for their 2022#2's, one rejected me and the other never got a chance and again I did not ask for their current picks as I thought it was a little aggressive of an ask. Both teams don't look nearly like contenders either so did not think they'd have a lot of excitement for Davis.

2.3 was earliest pick I asked for and I kicked in 4.12 on top of Davis, this got rejected.

Guy who owns 2.5 has been trying to pawn of spare part players on me for weeks so I left him out as he's trying to trim, not add.

Guy who owns 2.6 has never made a trade with me in 6 years even when I send him offers he has no business rejecting so I finally just quit trying.

2.7 rejected me.

I drew the line at 2.7 and from that point on if you did not have a lower pick then 2.7 I was asking for 2022 #2's.

BTW if anyone had countered giving me a third I'd have waited a few hours for my other trade offers to get a decision but I'd have ultimately accepted by probably no later then tomorrow.

I think he's saying he was looking for a single second round pick in 2022.  BTW, I just picked him up for a 3.7 in another FFPC league where I didn't even have a roster spot.  I have 8 days to figure it out.  Mike Davis is my 2022 cash cow.  But I'm a heavy drinker, so who knows?

Preston Williams and 4.11 for Jamaal Williams. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick for 5.6 and 6.6 
Why would anyone consider trading a 1st and 2nd for Fournette who still doesn't have a job, Preston Williams coming off a torn Achilles (plus signed Fuller and will probably draft a WR, and basically a 5th round pick.  This is a terrible trade.

I think he's saying he was looking for a single second round pick in 2022.  BTW, I just picked him up for a 3.7 in another FFPC league where I didn't even have a roster spot.  I have 8 days to figure it out.  Mike Davis is my 2022 cash cow.  But I'm a heavy drinker, so who knows?
Two thanks to you.

1. First for the bolded you are correct and I missed that in his earlier question, I was never asking for multiple 2022 #2's.

2. Appreciate you posting your Mike Davis trade in the first place. This almost makes up for me gifting you 2.6+ for Lev Bell in our league, almost.

Two thanks to you.

1. First for the bolded you are correct and I missed that in his earlier question, I was never asking for multiple 2022 #2's.

2. Appreciate you posting your Mike Davis trade in the first place. This almost makes up for me gifting you 2.6+ for Lev Bell in our league, almost.
I do not remember that, but I'll take your word for it.  Sun don't shine on the same dog's ### every day, but I get some right by sheer luck.  Davis won't be luck.  I can see the future.  I'm pyschotic!

Two thanks to you.

I knew it wasn't multiple 2022 seconds.  It was just a plural description.  You answered my question perfectly.  I have some of that same thought process when I send out shotgun blast trade offers.  It is just interesting to see the thought process of others.  

Why would anyone consider trading a 1st and 2nd for Fournette who still doesn't have a job, Preston Williams coming off a torn Achilles (plus signed Fuller and will probably draft a WR, and basically a 5th round pick.  This is a terrible trade.
Assuming they think he’ll be back in TB and recency bias watching the playoff and Super Bowl Fournette, but I agree with your assessment. 

Person on the Founette side are the type of managers that quit and leaves the cupboard bare and you have to offer the first year free to the next manager.

Person on the Founette side are the type of managers that quit and leaves the cupboard bare and you have to offer the first year free to the next manager.
Surprisingly he’s a long time owner and said it’s his favorite league recently.  He rarely uses his picks as well. I don’t think he has any 2021 picks and moving 2022. It’s been like this for awhile. He’s a fringe playoff team which is where you don’t want to be in this league. That is unless you keep your picks and win the toilet bowl and end up with 1.1 

A little spur of the moment so I did not put a ton of thought into it but my order of preference was early 2021 #2, projected early 2022#2,  random 2022#2, known late 2021 #2. But I felt like it was just asking to much for 2.1 and 2.2 so long story as short as I can make it.

To teams holding 2.1 and 2.2 I asked for their 2022#2's, one rejected me and the other never got a chance and again I did not ask for their current picks as I thought it was a little aggressive of an ask. Both teams don't look nearly like contenders either so did not think they'd have a lot of excitement for Davis.

2.3 was earliest pick I asked for and I kicked in 4.12 on top of Davis, this got rejected.

Guy who owns 2.5 has been trying to pawn of spare part players on me for weeks so I left him out as he's trying to trim, not add.

Guy who owns 2.6 has never made a trade with me in 6 years even when I send him offers he has no business rejecting so I finally just quit trying.

2.7 rejected me.

I drew the line at 2.7 and from that point on if you did not have a lower pick then 2.7 I was asking for 2022 #2's.

BTW if anyone had countered giving me a third I'd have waited a few hours for my other trade offers to get a decision but I'd have ultimately accepted by probably no later then tomorrow.
I pulled the trigger a little too quick, sent out a bunch of offers to send out Mike Davis and the owner of the 2.11 pick accepted right away. Should have been more methodical like you and might have snagged an earlier pick.

FFPC regular not involved:

Team A gave 1.10, Fuller
Team B gave Jacobs

Team A offered the same for my Carson/Edmonds but I haggled myself out of a chance to accept. I hate when that happens.

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 1st, 2022 3rd
I got 2022 1st, 4.12

I love making a couple of these every now and then. I'm basically betting my team finishes better than his. For fun. Also I think his team is very thin for a good team and he has no draft capital. My team is loaded and *might* have a moderately better chance to finish ahead of his. If it backfires I will tip my cap and smile.

FFPC regular not involved:

Team A gave 1.10, Fuller
Team B gave Jacobs

Team A offered the same for my Carson/Edmonds but I haggled myself out of a chance to accept. I hate when that happens.

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 1st, 2022 3rd
I got 2022 1st, 4.12

I love making a couple of these every now and then. I'm basically betting my team finishes better than his. For fun. Also I think his team is very thin for a good team and he has no draft capital. My team is loaded and *might* have a moderately better chance to finish ahead of his. If it backfires I will tip my cap and smile.
It is probably close to what you can get with how low people are on Jacobs but that just feels like a a terrible return.  Think I'd rather let him see what he can do as I don't think Fuller does much in Miami when they draft a WR.  The 2nd one is a decent trade.  I like betting on my team like that too but not sure why you took basically a 5th rounder for a 3rd next year but if you have belief that you will upgrade your pick then it is probably worth it.

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

I am fairly deep at RB - Akers, Chubb, Jacobs, M Gordon, J Williams and Joe Mixon.  The one owner needed a RB pretty badly so we did this..

I give Joe Mixon

I get B Aiyuk and 2.10 

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

I am fairly deep at RB - Akers, Chubb, Jacobs, M Gordon, J Williams and Joe Mixon.  The one owner needed a RB pretty badly so we did this..

I give Joe Mixon

I get B Aiyuk and 2.10 
Being deep at rb can change overnight. Although Mixon’s value slid a little I would have wanted a little more. I like Aiyuk’s talent but with question marks at QB, a running oriented offense, and many targets too share with...I would have preferred a different target if giving up Mixon.

Being deep at rb can change overnight. Although Mixon’s value slid a little I would have wanted a little more. I like Aiyuk’s talent but with question marks at QB, a running oriented offense, and many targets too share with...I would have preferred a different target if giving up Mixon.
I get that, it is a weird format to explain but I took it as an orphan and there are yearly prizes but the 4 year prize has big money and I wanted to keep acquiring assets to set me up for that run starting in 2022.  As it was an orphan I can say Mixon is not a guy I am as high on as even the market after the slip.  Though he could be a lead back still for 2-3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread