What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

I get that, it is a weird format to explain but I took it as an orphan and there are yearly prizes but the 4 year prize has big money and I wanted to keep acquiring assets to set me up for that run starting in 2022.  As it was an orphan I can say Mixon is not a guy I am as high on as even the market after the slip.  Though he could be a lead back still for 2-3 years.
I like your idea of trading him, just not a huge believer that Aiyuk will be a big producer. Although he has the talent so maybe it aligns at some point. Good luck, you do have good rb depth right now.

FFPC SF not involved - this is after completing the startup a week or so ago. I think he went #8 overall.

Team A gave Jonnu Smith, Cam, 2022 2nd, 3rd

Team B gave Watson

Not involved, FFPC 1qb

Cam Newton, 2022 2nd

For

Deshaun Watson
The guy giving up Watson is going to feel like I did when I traded away Hill a few years ago for a late 2nd that netted me Isabella.  :bag:  (although I acquired Hill in 2 other leagues for peanuts so I avoided putting a gun in my mouth) ;)

FFPC SF not involved - this is after completing the startup a week or so ago. I think he went #8 overall.

Team A gave Jonnu Smith, Cam, 2022 2nd, 3rd

Team B gave Watson
Watson easily...nibbling around the edge of your roster with the potential outcome being a stud QB...very little exposure for what the benefit could be.

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

I am fairly deep at RB - Akers, Chubb, Jacobs, M Gordon, J Williams and Joe Mixon.  The one owner needed a RB pretty badly so we did this..

I give Joe Mixon

I get B Aiyuk and 2.10 
I understand trading one but with Williams behind Swift in an offense that doesn't do great at producing RBs, Jacobs now with Drake & Riddick there, Akers looked good late but he didn't prove that it won't be a committee with Henderson, and injuries always sure to hit, there is still things that can happen to change RB depth.  I would say this is light for Mixon in my opinion.  He is coming off of a down year but this is definitely selling low.

I get that, it is a weird format to explain but I took it as an orphan and there are yearly prizes but the 4 year prize has big money and I wanted to keep acquiring assets to set me up for that run starting in 2022.  As it was an orphan I can say Mixon is not a guy I am as high on as even the market after the slip.  Though he could be a lead back still for 2-3 years.
I would much rather have traded Jacobs away and kept Mixon

f these every now and then. I'm basically betting my team finishes better than his. For fun. Also I think his team is very thin for a good team and he has no draft capital. My team is loaded and *might* have a moderately better chance to finish ahead of his. If it backfires I will tip my cap and smile.
I make a few of these trades every year.  A buddy and I started when the league started 15 years ago with 10th round picks (we have a 25 round draft after keeping 15 players - Full IDP).   It has varied from 1st rounders to 10th rounders.  This year there was another yahoo popping off about how terrible my team was so I offered up the 1st rounder swap as a bet.  He didn't want to but eventually the message board shamed him into it.  I love this type of smack talk on the message board.  

I make a few of these trades every year.  A buddy and I started when the league started 15 years ago with 10th round picks (we have a 25 round draft after keeping 15 players - Full IDP).   It has varied from 1st rounders to 10th rounders.  This year there was another yahoo popping off about how terrible my team was so I offered up the 1st rounder swap as a bet.  He didn't want to but eventually the message board shamed him into it.  I love this type of smack talk on the message board.  
This is an orphan I took over that is stacked. I hadn't interacted with the guy at all and sent the offer out of the blue with no note. He accepted an hour or so later without a note. Then I made another offer on like a backup RB for backup RB or something and he declined but finally commented on the 1st swap. He was just curious. I explained I'm just thinking of it as a friendly wager on whose team finishes better and I didn't mind paying a small bump to facilitate it (it makes it more likely to be accepted and you don't have to sell it - the offer speaks for itself). He laughed back and said that's great and that it made him stop and think. Said he even phoned a friend about it before accepting. I *loved* that part! 

His team is good but thin. I did one of these in one of my FFPC style leagues that disbanded last year (in it's final 6th jackpot season where my squad 3-peated and took down the grand prize). Prior to the 2019 season I traded Dede Westbrook and my 2020 1st for the other guys 2020 1st by itself. So I paid him Westbrook to swap 1sts. I won the ship and he got me the 1.02 (Taylor). Getting Taylor there empowered me to be bold when I moved Juju and Kittle for Kamara and Landry. Kamara obviously paid off. I'll never forget that Christmas.

I understand trading one but with Williams behind Swift in an offense that doesn't do great at producing RBs, Jacobs now with Drake & Riddick there, Akers looked good late but he didn't prove that it won't be a committee with Henderson, and injuries always sure to hit, there is still things that can happen to change RB depth.  I would say this is light for Mixon in my opinion.  He is coming off of a down year but this is definitely selling low.
I don't know if it is selling low in the sense do you think Mixon gains value back when he is a 26 (he turns 25 in July this year) year old running back next year?  He currently is going at RB 18 in startups around pick 54.  Aiyuk is going around pick 68 as the WR 19, I will agree for just 2021 assuming health Mixon would likely outscore Aiyuk, but I think by 2022 these two are being drafted almost dead even based on RB aging trends.  The only 25 or older RB's in the top 100 are Kamara 16, Cook 17, Chub 25,Henry 32, Ekeler 49, A Jones (at 55 but probably will get a bump now back in GB) then a big drop to Hunt at 87, Carson 99, and Gordon at 104. If we take out the 25 year old backs the only guys there that are 26 or older today are Henry, Jones, Carson and Gordon and I think Mixon will see another slide next year.  

Mixon has had basically two rb 1 seasons with 10th and 13th before last years lost season and could certainly put up 2 more, but I like the long term outlook of Aiyuk and think he will hold or gain value for a much longer time plus I get a pick that I can do something with.  I think the deal was fair for both of us, but I appreciate the feedback.

I would much rather have traded Jacobs away and kept Mixon
Really?  Jacobs just turned 23 in Feb, Mixon turns 25 this summer.  Both have 2 top 24 seasons and Jacobs has the highest finish of 8th last year.  I don't think Drake does much to Jacobs value except limit his upside the way Hunt probably limits Chubb, he won't be able to be in the top 5 but he should be a steady top 14 guy.  He is still a very good runner who should get almost all of the goal line work.  

Really?  Jacobs just turned 23 in Feb, Mixon turns 25 this summer.  Both have 2 top 24 seasons and Jacobs has the highest finish of 8th last year.  I don't think Drake does much to Jacobs value except limit his upside the way Hunt probably limits Chubb, he won't be able to be in the top 5 but he should be a steady top 14 guy.  He is still a very good runner who should get almost all of the goal line work.  
If I had depth at RB I probably move Mixon for Aiyuk and that 2nd. I'd like more, maybe a future 2nd on top IDK. But I agree about your take on their trajectories. Mixon won't be worth much next year at this time. If you're not going to be using him much then he is just going to tank value on your roster. Better to flip for someone on the rise (or who *you* at least believe in) while you can. I think it's fine. It is also probably cheap for a starting RB. 

Also, I have still not heard any reasonable explanation of just what happened to Mixon's foot last year. Can anyone enlighten? The whole thing was weird. 

Yes.  I think Mixon is the far superior RB.  

For that return yes I'd move Kamara without a doubt, I've been getting offered about half of that for Kamara which in that case makes holding him a no brainer.
I might have to see what *half* means because that might be enough for me. I don't have any shares anymore anyway. That was a haul though.

Add me to the group that greatly prefers Mixon. Way more talented imo, and I think Drake will affect Jacob’s more than you think. 

Yes.  I think Mixon is the far superior RB.  
So for 2021 how would you sort of predict their expected outcomes?  In 2022 when they are 24 and 26 how do you think they will be valued? I can see the argument that Mixon is better this year, but his contract with Bengals only has guaranteed money for the 2021 year.  I will be surprised if in 2022 Jacobs at 24 is not more highly valued than Mixon at 26 and I will be surprised if their 2021 finishes are not very close, but I have been wrong plenty of times before.

So for 2021 how would you sort of predict their expected outcomes?  In 2022 when they are 24 and 26 how do you think they will be valued? I can see the argument that Mixon is better this year, but his contract with Bengals only has guaranteed money for the 2021 year.  I will be surprised if in 2022 Jacobs at 24 is not more highly valued than Mixon at 26 and I will be surprised if their 2021 finishes are not very close, but I have been wrong plenty of times before.
I hear that Drake fellow is now playing for the Raiders.

Another Mike Davis data point.  12-team, 1QB

I gave: Mike Davis

I got: 2.12

He went from my CMC handcuff to my RB5, so after seeing some of the offers and trades in here I decided to take meno's approach and shotgun offer him for 2's.  One owner countered with Davis + my 3.03 for the 2.09, but no other interest besides the one I took. 

I don't think Jacobs is anything special.  He was TD dependent last year and a volume guy the year before.  Cincy is improving in the right ways and Mixon will benefit (health permitting - which I am assuming is fine).  I think Mixon will be a work horse for at least the next two years and is very talented....much more so than Jacobs.  He is getting a bad feel because 2020 ended with injury so that depresses his outlook.  I would be looking to get him at a discount.  Jacobs on the other hand may be younger but that is the only thing in his favor for this comparison.  

As far as what happens to value two years down the line......who knows?  It's too far off to speculate and at 26 Mixon still isn't old.  

I hear that Drake fellow is now playing for the Raiders.
Yes he is but Jacobs only got 60% of the carries last year with 273/457, do you see drake making this anything different than 60/40? 

Jacobs played in 616 of 1071 raider total offensive snaps but he missed one game and was averaging 41 snaps a game so if we give him another 41 he played on 61% of the snaps? Do you really think that changes where drake is over 40?

They already don’t throw the ball to Jacobs like Chubb. Drake has been basically let go by two teams now and is on the wrong side of his rb prime. He will do who booker did last year and catch some balls I would guess but based on just the numbers from last year I don’t see Jacobs 60% usage changing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC SF not involved but dang

Team A gives 1.04, 1.09, 2022 1st (middle of the pack so anywhere)
Team B gives Kamara
That's a good return,  but if I'm a contender I keep Kamara.  Assuming this is PPR.  Kamara in PPR has league winning upside.  I don't mind losing his "exit value " if it means I can win a ship. 

Made 3 trades yesterday in 2 different SF PPR leagues. 

Gave: Boyd, 2.03, ‘22 3rd
Got: DJ Moore

Gave: Cam Newton, Hines
Got: 2.05, Chase Edmonds 

Gave: Julio
Got: 1.11

Good work, especially on the first trade. I like the Cam trade too, because I don't believe he's the starter week 1. The final trade is roster dependent, but fair for all.

I’d say you did well on all of these, especially the first. Love Moore. I’d like to think you could get a better pick than 1.11 for Julio, but in reality I doubt you can. 

Users who are viewing this thread