Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I wish, I kid you not I've already been rejected by 3 teams in that league since I typed that response to you a few minutes ago. At least they let me know quick.

Wow.  I rarely raise my hand (at least as far as fantasy football goes), but I guess I finally found a hill I'm willing to die on.  Yes, it's Mike Davis-Falcons Hill (it's on most miltary maps) and the trenches are dug.

• Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• Dr. Octopus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

Just now, hunter1 said:

Wow.  I rarely raise my hand (at least as far as fantasy football goes), but I guess I finally found a hill I'm willing to die on.  Yes, it's Mike Davis-Falcons Hill (it's on most miltary maps) and the trenches are dug.

It's not crazy to think he could hang onto the job as at least the primary guy in a RBBC.  They won't be signing a FA RB, they won't draft one at 4,  they won't trade back to 8 and take Najee Harris as Casserly tried to put out in a mock so really unless one of the big 3 goes to them in round two I'm not sure any rookie RB is taking this job.

I got no room for him but think he would be a good buy for someone else. 2 of my 3 rejections had no comment, a third one said "I'm good with my RB's". He's got Montgomery, ROJO, Kerryon and Perine.  How can you be good with that?

Also I was mainly asking for 2022 #2's. Figured I'd give myself some counter room but no one made one, so far.

29 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I think the 4th is more realistic but thanks for reminder I still got Mike Davis on a roster and need to see what I can get. If I got the middle I'll be awfully happy.

I just saw him go for a 2022 2nd as well and need to advertise him 

2 hours ago, hunter1 said:

Two separate @FFPC dyno trades in different leagues just now, within minutes of each other:

2021 2.02 for Mike Davis

2021 4.03 for Mike Davis

Sweet spot somewhere in the middle, I'm guessing?

Success! And I stand corrected on his return. I shotgunned him to 8  teams in that league I thought might have some interest and got 5 pretty fast rejection and most of those I was asking for a 2022#2. But the old 6th guy strolled in accepted my offer, so:

Gave: Mike Davis

Got: 2.4

21 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Success! And I stand corrected on his return. I shotgunned him to 8  teams in that league I thought might have some interest and got 5 pretty fast rejection and most of those I was asking for a 2022#2. But the old 6th guy strolled in accepted my offer, so:

Yikes. Good work. 

35 minutes ago, menobrown said:

So explain what made you do 2022 seconds for some owners and the 2.04 for the lucky new owner of Davis?

56 minutes ago, menobrown said:

That is a great move.  Well worth Davis.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Updated thread title. 2021. 

12 team happenings in my league this week. PPR. 1 QB. 

Fournette, Preston Williams, 4.11 for 2022 1st and 2022 2nd (projected early)

Preston Williams and 4.11 for Jamaal Williams. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick for 5.6 and 6.6 

1 minute ago, Gally said:

So explain what made you do 2022 seconds for some owners and the 2.04 for the lucky new owner of Davis?

A little spur of the moment so I did not put a ton of thought into it but my order of preference was early 2021 #2, projected early 2022#2,  random 2022#2, known late 2021 #2. But I felt like it was just asking to much for 2.1 and 2.2 so long story as short as I can make it.

To teams holding 2.1 and 2.2 I asked for their 2022#2's, one rejected me and the other never got a chance and again I did not ask for their current picks as I thought it was a little aggressive of an ask. Both teams don't look nearly like contenders either so did not think they'd have a lot of excitement for Davis.

2.3 was earliest pick I asked for and I kicked in 4.12 on top of Davis, this got rejected.

Guy who owns 2.5 has been trying to pawn of spare part players on me for weeks so I left him out as he's trying to trim, not add.

Guy who owns 2.6 has never made a trade with me in 6 years even when I send him offers he has no business rejecting so I finally just quit trying.

2.7 rejected me.

I drew the line at 2.7 and from that point on if you did not have a lower pick then 2.7 I was asking for 2022 #2's.

BTW if anyone had countered giving me a third I'd have waited a few hours for my other trade offers to get a decision but I'd have ultimately accepted by probably no later then tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Gally said:

I think he's saying he was looking for a single second round pick in 2022.  BTW, I just picked him up for a 3.7 in another FFPC league where I didn't even have a roster spot.  I have 8 days to figure it out.  Mike Davis is my 2022 cash cow.  But I'm a heavy drinker, so who knows?

14 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Preston Williams and 4.11 for Jamaal Williams. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick for 5.6 and 6.6 

Why would anyone consider trading a 1st and 2nd for Fournette who still doesn't have a job, Preston Williams coming off a torn Achilles (plus signed Fuller and will probably draft a WR, and basically a 5th round pick.  This is a terrible trade.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, hunter1 said:

I think he's saying he was looking for a single second round pick in 2022.  BTW, I just picked him up for a 3.7 in another FFPC league where I didn't even have a roster spot.  I have 8 days to figure it out.  Mike Davis is my 2022 cash cow.  But I'm a heavy drinker, so who knows?

Two thanks to you.

1. First for the bolded you are correct and I missed that in his earlier question, I was never asking for multiple 2022 #2's.

2. Appreciate you posting your Mike Davis trade in the first place. This almost makes up for me gifting you 2.6+ for Lev Bell in our league, almost.

6 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Two thanks to you.

1. First for the bolded you are correct and I missed that in his earlier question, I was never asking for multiple 2022 #2's.

2. Appreciate you posting your Mike Davis trade in the first place. This almost makes up for me gifting you 2.6+ for Lev Bell in our league, almost.

I do not remember that, but I'll take your word for it.  Sun don't shine on the same dog's ### every day, but I get some right by sheer luck.  Davis won't be luck.  I can see the future.  I'm pyschotic!

16 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Two thanks to you.

I knew it wasn't multiple 2022 seconds.  It was just a plural description.  You answered my question perfectly.  I have some of that same thought process when I send out shotgun blast trade offers.  It is just interesting to see the thought process of others.  

Edited by Gally
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Why would anyone consider trading a 1st and 2nd for Fournette who still doesn't have a job, Preston Williams coming off a torn Achilles (plus signed Fuller and will probably draft a WR, and basically a 5th round pick.  This is a terrible trade.

Assuming they think he’ll be back in TB and recency bias watching the playoff and Super Bowl Fournette, but I agree with your assessment. 

54 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Person on the Founette side are the type of managers that quit and leaves the cupboard bare and you have to offer the first year free to the next manager.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Person on the Founette side are the type of managers that quit and leaves the cupboard bare and you have to offer the first year free to the next manager.

Surprisingly he’s a long time owner and said it’s his favorite league recently.  He rarely uses his picks as well. I don’t think he has any 2021 picks and moving 2022. It’s been like this for awhile. He’s a fringe playoff team which is where you don’t want to be in this league. That is unless you keep your picks and win the toilet bowl and end up with 1.1 

Edited by Gottabesweet
3 hours ago, menobrown said:

A little spur of the moment so I did not put a ton of thought into it but my order of preference was early 2021 #2, projected early 2022#2,  random 2022#2, known late 2021 #2. But I felt like it was just asking to much for 2.1 and 2.2 so long story as short as I can make it.

To teams holding 2.1 and 2.2 I asked for their 2022#2's, one rejected me and the other never got a chance and again I did not ask for their current picks as I thought it was a little aggressive of an ask. Both teams don't look nearly like contenders either so did not think they'd have a lot of excitement for Davis.

2.3 was earliest pick I asked for and I kicked in 4.12 on top of Davis, this got rejected.

Guy who owns 2.5 has been trying to pawn of spare part players on me for weeks so I left him out as he's trying to trim, not add.

Guy who owns 2.6 has never made a trade with me in 6 years even when I send him offers he has no business rejecting so I finally just quit trying.

2.7 rejected me.

I drew the line at 2.7 and from that point on if you did not have a lower pick then 2.7 I was asking for 2022 #2's.

BTW if anyone had countered giving me a third I'd have waited a few hours for my other trade offers to get a decision but I'd have ultimately accepted by probably no later then tomorrow.

I pulled the trigger a little too quick, sent out a bunch of offers to send out Mike Davis and the owner of the 2.11 pick accepted right away. Should have been more methodical like you and might have snagged an earlier pick.

• Laughing 1

FFPC regular not involved:

Team A gave 1.10, Fuller
Team B gave Jacobs

Team A offered the same for my Carson/Edmonds but I haggled myself out of a chance to accept. I hate when that happens.

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 1st, 2022 3rd
I got 2022 1st, 4.12

I love making a couple of these every now and then. I'm basically betting my team finishes better than his. For fun. Also I think his team is very thin for a good team and he has no draft capital. My team is loaded and *might* have a moderately better chance to finish ahead of his. If it backfires I will tip my cap and smile.

44 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC regular not involved:

Team A gave 1.10, Fuller
Team B gave Jacobs

Team A offered the same for my Carson/Edmonds but I haggled myself out of a chance to accept. I hate when that happens.

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 1st, 2022 3rd
I got 2022 1st, 4.12

I love making a couple of these every now and then. I'm basically betting my team finishes better than his. For fun. Also I think his team is very thin for a good team and he has no draft capital. My team is loaded and *might* have a moderately better chance to finish ahead of his. If it backfires I will tip my cap and smile.

It is probably close to what you can get with how low people are on Jacobs but that just feels like a a terrible return.  Think I'd rather let him see what he can do as I don't think Fuller does much in Miami when they draft a WR.  The 2nd one is a decent trade.  I like betting on my team like that too but not sure why you took basically a 5th rounder for a 3rd next year but if you have belief that you will upgrade your pick then it is probably worth it.

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

I am fairly deep at RB - Akers, Chubb, Jacobs, M Gordon, J Williams and Joe Mixon.  The one owner needed a RB pretty badly so we did this..

I give Joe Mixon

I get B Aiyuk and 2.10 

42 minutes ago, frae said:

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

I am fairly deep at RB - Akers, Chubb, Jacobs, M Gordon, J Williams and Joe Mixon.  The one owner needed a RB pretty badly so we did this..

I give Joe Mixon

I get B Aiyuk and 2.10 

Being deep at rb can change overnight. Although Mixon’s value slid a little I would have wanted a little more. I like Aiyuk’s talent but with question marks at QB, a running oriented offense, and many targets too share with...I would have preferred a different target if giving up Mixon.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Being deep at rb can change overnight. Although Mixon’s value slid a little I would have wanted a little more. I like Aiyuk’s talent but with question marks at QB, a running oriented offense, and many targets too share with...I would have preferred a different target if giving up Mixon.

I get that, it is a weird format to explain but I took it as an orphan and there are yearly prizes but the 4 year prize has big money and I wanted to keep acquiring assets to set me up for that run starting in 2022.  As it was an orphan I can say Mixon is not a guy I am as high on as even the market after the slip.  Though he could be a lead back still for 2-3 years.

4 minutes ago, frae said:

I get that, it is a weird format to explain but I took it as an orphan and there are yearly prizes but the 4 year prize has big money and I wanted to keep acquiring assets to set me up for that run starting in 2022.  As it was an orphan I can say Mixon is not a guy I am as high on as even the market after the slip.  Though he could be a lead back still for 2-3 years.

I like your idea of trading him, just not a huge believer that Aiyuk will be a big producer. Although he has the talent so maybe it aligns at some point. Good luck, you do have good rb depth right now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, frae said:

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

I give Joe Mixon

I get B Aiyuk and 2.10 

I am a huge believer in Aiyuk, his talent is legit...this is a fair deal and I would do it to get Aiyuk on a Dynasty roster.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF not involved - this is after completing the startup a week or so ago. I think he went #8 overall.

Team A gave Jonnu Smith, Cam, 2022 2nd, 3rd

Team B gave Watson

why even bother trading him at that point.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Not involved, FFPC 1qb

Cam Newton, 2022 2nd

For

Deshaun Watson

The guy giving up Watson is going to feel like I did when I traded away Hill a few years ago for a late 2nd that netted me Isabella. :bag: (although I acquired Hill in 2 other leagues for peanuts so I avoided putting a gun in my mouth) ;)

9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Not involved, FFPC 1qb

Cam Newton, 2022 2nd

For

Deshaun Watson

Watson very easily...Cam has less than negative value in a 1 QB dynasty league so a #2 is all you are giving up which is nothing if Watson plays football again. 

8 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF not involved - this is after completing the startup a week or so ago. I think he went #8 overall.

Team A gave Jonnu Smith, Cam, 2022 2nd, 3rd

Team B gave Watson

Watson easily...nibbling around the edge of your roster with the potential outcome being a stud QB...very little exposure for what the benefit could be.

14 hours ago, frae said:

12 team SF 0.5 PPR

I give Joe Mixon

I get B Aiyuk and 2.10 

I understand trading one but with Williams behind Swift in an offense that doesn't do great at producing RBs, Jacobs now with Drake & Riddick there, Akers looked good late but he didn't prove that it won't be a committee with Henderson, and injuries always sure to hit, there is still things that can happen to change RB depth.  I would say this is light for Mixon in my opinion.  He is coming off of a down year but this is definitely selling low.

13 hours ago, frae said:

I would much rather have traded Jacobs away and kept Mixon

• Like 1
19 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

f these every now and then. I'm basically betting my team finishes better than his. For fun. Also I think his team is very thin for a good team and he has no draft capital. My team is loaded and *might* have a moderately better chance to finish ahead of his. If it backfires I will tip my cap and smile.

I make a few of these trades every year.  A buddy and I started when the league started 15 years ago with 10th round picks (we have a 25 round draft after keeping 15 players - Full IDP).   It has varied from 1st rounders to 10th rounders.  This year there was another yahoo popping off about how terrible my team was so I offered up the 1st rounder swap as a bet.  He didn't want to but eventually the message board shamed him into it.  I love this type of smack talk on the message board.  

• Like 1
Just now, Gally said:

I make a few of these trades every year.  A buddy and I started when the league started 15 years ago with 10th round picks (we have a 25 round draft after keeping 15 players - Full IDP).   It has varied from 1st rounders to 10th rounders.  This year there was another yahoo popping off about how terrible my team was so I offered up the 1st rounder swap as a bet.  He didn't want to but eventually the message board shamed him into it.  I love this type of smack talk on the message board.  

This is an orphan I took over that is stacked. I hadn't interacted with the guy at all and sent the offer out of the blue with no note. He accepted an hour or so later without a note. Then I made another offer on like a backup RB for backup RB or something and he declined but finally commented on the 1st swap. He was just curious. I explained I'm just thinking of it as a friendly wager on whose team finishes better and I didn't mind paying a small bump to facilitate it (it makes it more likely to be accepted and you don't have to sell it - the offer speaks for itself). He laughed back and said that's great and that it made him stop and think. Said he even phoned a friend about it before accepting. I *loved* that part! 

His team is good but thin. I did one of these in one of my FFPC style leagues that disbanded last year (in it's final 6th jackpot season where my squad 3-peated and took down the grand prize). Prior to the 2019 season I traded Dede Westbrook and my 2020 1st for the other guys 2020 1st by itself. So I paid him Westbrook to swap 1sts. I won the ship and he got me the 1.02 (Taylor). Getting Taylor there empowered me to be bold when I moved Juju and Kittle for Kamara and Landry. Kamara obviously paid off. I'll never forget that Christmas.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I understand trading one but with Williams behind Swift in an offense that doesn't do great at producing RBs, Jacobs now with Drake & Riddick there, Akers looked good late but he didn't prove that it won't be a committee with Henderson, and injuries always sure to hit, there is still things that can happen to change RB depth.  I would say this is light for Mixon in my opinion.  He is coming off of a down year but this is definitely selling low.

I don't know if it is selling low in the sense do you think Mixon gains value back when he is a 26 (he turns 25 in July this year) year old running back next year?  He currently is going at RB 18 in startups around pick 54.  Aiyuk is going around pick 68 as the WR 19, I will agree for just 2021 assuming health Mixon would likely outscore Aiyuk, but I think by 2022 these two are being drafted almost dead even based on RB aging trends.  The only 25 or older RB's in the top 100 are Kamara 16, Cook 17, Chub 25,Henry 32, Ekeler 49, A Jones (at 55 but probably will get a bump now back in GB) then a big drop to Hunt at 87, Carson 99, and Gordon at 104. If we take out the 25 year old backs the only guys there that are 26 or older today are Henry, Jones, Carson and Gordon and I think Mixon will see another slide next year.  

Mixon has had basically two rb 1 seasons with 10th and 13th before last years lost season and could certainly put up 2 more, but I like the long term outlook of Aiyuk and think he will hold or gain value for a much longer time plus I get a pick that I can do something with.  I think the deal was fair for both of us, but I appreciate the feedback.

19 minutes ago, Gally said:

I would much rather have traded Jacobs away and kept Mixon

Really?  Jacobs just turned 23 in Feb, Mixon turns 25 this summer.  Both have 2 top 24 seasons and Jacobs has the highest finish of 8th last year.  I don't think Drake does much to Jacobs value except limit his upside the way Hunt probably limits Chubb, he won't be able to be in the top 5 but he should be a steady top 14 guy.  He is still a very good runner who should get almost all of the goal line work.  

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF not involved but dang

Team A gives 1.04, 1.09, 2022 1st (middle of the pack so anywhere)
Team B gives Kamara

Now is the time to sell Kamara shares. Good on Team B.

9 minutes ago, frae said:

Really?  Jacobs just turned 23 in Feb, Mixon turns 25 this summer.  Both have 2 top 24 seasons and Jacobs has the highest finish of 8th last year.  I don't think Drake does much to Jacobs value except limit his upside the way Hunt probably limits Chubb, he won't be able to be in the top 5 but he should be a steady top 14 guy.  He is still a very good runner who should get almost all of the goal line work.  

If I had depth at RB I probably move Mixon for Aiyuk and that 2nd. I'd like more, maybe a future 2nd on top IDK. But I agree about your take on their trajectories. Mixon won't be worth much next year at this time. If you're not going to be using him much then he is just going to tank value on your roster. Better to flip for someone on the rise (or who *you* at least believe in) while you can. I think it's fine. It is also probably cheap for a starting RB. 

Also, I have still not heard any reasonable explanation of just what happened to Mixon's foot last year. Can anyone enlighten? The whole thing was weird.