Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Now is the time to sell Kamara shares. Good on Team B.

For that return yes I'd move Kamara without a doubt, I've been getting offered about half of that for Kamara which in that case makes holding him a no brainer.

22 minutes ago, frae said:

Really?  Jacobs just turned 23 in Feb, Mixon turns 25 this summer.  Both have 2 top 24 seasons and Jacobs has the highest finish of 8th last year.  I don't think Drake does much to Jacobs value except limit his upside the way Hunt probably limits Chubb, he won't be able to be in the top 5 but he should be a steady top 14 guy.  He is still a very good runner who should get almost all of the goal line work.  

Yes.  I think Mixon is the far superior RB.  

3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

For that return yes I'd move Kamara without a doubt, I've been getting offered about half of that for Kamara which in that case makes holding him a no brainer.

I might have to see what *half* means because that might be enough for me. I don't have any shares anymore anyway. That was a haul though.

27 minutes ago, frae said:

Really?  Jacobs just turned 23 in Feb, Mixon turns 25 this summer.  Both have 2 top 24 seasons and Jacobs has the highest finish of 8th last year.  I don't think Drake does much to Jacobs value except limit his upside the way Hunt probably limits Chubb, he won't be able to be in the top 5 but he should be a steady top 14 guy.  He is still a very good runner who should get almost all of the goal line work.  

Add me to the group that greatly prefers Mixon. Way more talented imo, and I think Drake will affect Jacob’s more than you think. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I might have to see what *half* means because that might be enough for me. I don't have any shares anymore anyway. That was a haul though.

Like pick 1.4 and that is zero consideration to me.

And not SF.

Edited by menobrown
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF not involved but dang

Team A gives 1.04, 1.09, 2022 1st (middle of the pack so anywhere)
Team B gives Kamara

This is the perfect time to sell high on Kamara.  I think I'd want a top 2 pick to trade him in my league but this is still a good return.  I'm really a win now team so would have to get paid to jeopardize that.

54 minutes ago, Gally said:

Yes.  I think Mixon is the far superior RB.  

So for 2021 how would you sort of predict their expected outcomes?  In 2022 when they are 24 and 26 how do you think they will be valued? I can see the argument that Mixon is better this year, but his contract with Bengals only has guaranteed money for the 2021 year.  I will be surprised if in 2022 Jacobs at 24 is not more highly valued than Mixon at 26 and I will be surprised if their 2021 finishes are not very close, but I have been wrong plenty of times before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frae said:

So for 2021 how would you sort of predict their expected outcomes?  In 2022 when they are 24 and 26 how do you think they will be valued? I can see the argument that Mixon is better this year, but his contract with Bengals only has guaranteed money for the 2021 year.  I will be surprised if in 2022 Jacobs at 24 is not more highly valued than Mixon at 26 and I will be surprised if their 2021 finishes are not very close, but I have been wrong plenty of times before.

I hear that Drake fellow is now playing for the Raiders.

• Like 1

Another Mike Davis data point.  12-team, 1QB

I gave: Mike Davis

I got: 2.12

He went from my CMC handcuff to my RB5, so after seeing some of the offers and trades in here I decided to take meno's approach and shotgun offer him for 2's.  One owner countered with Davis + my 3.03 for the 2.09, but no other interest besides the one I took. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frae said:

I don't think Jacobs is anything special.  He was TD dependent last year and a volume guy the year before.  Cincy is improving in the right ways and Mixon will benefit (health permitting - which I am assuming is fine).  I think Mixon will be a work horse for at least the next two years and is very talented....much more so than Jacobs.  He is getting a bad feel because 2020 ended with injury so that depresses his outlook.  I would be looking to get him at a discount.  Jacobs on the other hand may be younger but that is the only thing in his favor for this comparison.  

As far as what happens to value two years down the line......who knows?  It's too far off to speculate and at 26 Mixon still isn't old.  

2 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I hear that Drake fellow is now playing for the Raiders.

Yes he is but Jacobs only got 60% of the carries last year with 273/457, do you see drake making this anything different than 60/40? 

Jacobs played in 616 of 1071 raider total offensive snaps but he missed one game and was averaging 41 snaps a game so if we give him another 41 he played on 61% of the snaps? Do you really think that changes where drake is over 40?

They already don’t throw the ball to Jacobs like Chubb. Drake has been basically let go by two teams now and is on the wrong side of his rb prime. He will do who booker did last year and catch some balls I would guess but based on just the numbers from last year I don’t see Jacobs 60% usage changing. 

Edited by frae

1 hour ago, Gally said:

As far as what happens to value two years down the line......who knows?  It's too far off to speculate and at 26 Mixon still isn't old.  

Todd Gurley begs to differ.  Not the same injury issues however.

7 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF not involved but dang

Team A gives 1.04, 1.09, 2022 1st (middle of the pack so anywhere)
Team B gives Kamara

That's a good return,  but if I'm a contender I keep Kamara.  Assuming this is PPR.  Kamara in PPR has league winning upside.  I don't mind losing his "exit value " if it means I can win a ship. 

23 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

Made 3 trades yesterday in 2 different SF PPR leagues. 

Gave: Boyd, 2.03, ‘22 3rd
Got: DJ Moore

Gave: Cam Newton, Hines
Got: 2.05, Chase Edmonds 

Gave: Julio
Got: 1.11

Good work, especially on the first trade. I like the Cam trade too, because I don't believe he's the starter week 1. The final trade is roster dependent, but fair for all.

39 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

Made 3 trades yesterday in 2 different SF PPR leagues. 

Gave: Boyd, 2.03, ‘22 3rd
Got: DJ Moore

Gave: Cam Newton, Hines
Got: 2.05, Chase Edmonds 

Gave: Julio
Got: 1.11

I’d say you did well on all of these, especially the first. Love Moore. I’d like to think you could get a better pick than 1.11 for Julio, but in reality I doubt you can. 

42 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I’d say you did well on all of these, especially the first. Love Moore. I’d like to think you could get a better pick than 1.11 for Julio, but in reality I doubt you can. 

I am surprised anyone can get pick 11 this year for Julio in a standard league let alone superflex.  Pretty much makes it like pick 7

• Like 2

12-team dynasty SF PPR

I’m light on RB, heavy on WR.

offer on the table of my Allen Robinson & 3.12 for his Chase Edmonds + Laviska

smash accept? 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

25 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

12-team dynasty SF PPR

I’m light on RB, heavy on WR.

offer on the table of my Allen Robinson & 3.12 for his Chase Edmonds + Laviska

smash accept? 

My two cents: That's a tough one. Chase Edmonds -- and I say this a guy rostering him and hoping for the best -- is not likely AZ's full-time back when the season comes around. On his own team he has feature back competition from Eno Benjamin and UDFA Johnathan Ward. They might draft somebody. Sigmund Bloom doesn't necessarily think this is the case, but other people are not as confident in that. They point to his usage when Drake was there. Drake was actually a bit of a workhorse. Edmonds didn't get a ton of usage despite his point total from last year, which was touchdown-dependent (I know. I had to play him at times in a deep league). So beware. As for Shenault, he and Chark, Jones, and a likely rookie WR are a lot of mouths to feed in JAX, though most fantasy sites list Shenault as an offseason winner due to Lawrence. Where do the targets and touches come from with that many guys around?

So, caveat emptor. It's not a smash accept to me. I might rather have Robinson with Dalton than those two. I think you get starter points out of Robinson, with Edmonds and Shenault, it's a coin flip.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, rockaction said:

My two cents: That's a tough one. Chase Edmonds -- and I say this a guy rostering him and hoping for the best -- is not likely AZ's full-time back when the season comes around. On his own team he has feature back competition from Eno Benjamin and UDFA Johnathan Ward. They might draft somebody. Sigmund Bloom doesn't necessarily think this is the case, but other people are not as confident in that. They point to his usage when Drake was there. Drake was actually a bit of a workhorse. Edmonds didn't get a ton of usage despite his point total from last year, which was touchdown-dependent (I know. I had to play him at times in a deep league). So beware. As for Shenault, he and Chark, Jones, and a likely rookie WR are a lot of mouths to feed in JAX, though most fantasy sites list Shenault as an offseason winner due to Lawrence. Where do the targets and touches come from with that many guys around?

So, caveat emptor. It's not a smash accept to me. I might rather have Robinson with Dalton than those two. I think you get starter points out of Robinson, with Edmonds and Shenault, it's a coin flip.

Appreciate the response. I kinda agree. That’s why i’m on the fence.

With Edmonds & Shenault though I get younger with a player I’m excited about (Shenault) and a serviceable RB

I basically have Carson. Ronald Jones.& a bunch of rags led by Sony Michel. 🤢 

Suits more a need for bodies on a team without much of a draft. My starting lineup is good but I have zero depth.  

ETA: if Edmonds is the starter as the coach intimates, this could be a good get. At worst he’s likely PPR flex, no? 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

ETA: if Edmonds is the starter as the coach intimates, this could be a good get. At worst he’s likely PPR flex, no? 

That's what I was getting at with his usage while Drake was there. I didn't say everything I could have said because of time and interest constraints. But now since you asked and responded, I had segued into his usage with Drake without making it specific. I don't think Edmonds is that flex-worthy. He wasn't used as much as we think, and he was touchdown-dependent in terms of his points. A lot of them came from passes within the red zone on third downs, and I don't think that is sustainable. Drake was in there as a goal line back quite a bit, despite Kingsbury proclaiming that he wanted Drake to hit between the tackles more. Put it this way: If Drake isn't a short yardage guy but was in there on short yardage all the time (check out advanced stats on this if you can, I don't have access to ESPN+ anymore regarding touchdown opportunities) last year, what's that say about Edmonds? He wasn't getting any cheap one-yard runs. At all. So there's really sustainability to be considered when you take on Edmonds and hope for points.

And he's on my main dynasty team, so I paid acute attention to this sort of stuff. Lots o' time on the ole hands this past year. 

But that's what I can say about that. The rest of Shenault and the deal has to be your discretion and you seem to like his youth and upside. I usually err on that side, too, but it burned me the past year and I'm rethinking my stance on points vs. future endeavors when it comes to these guys. So you're also catching me on that tip.

Edited by rockaction

If Edmonds winds up a starter, then it's a slam dunk. But tell me this: Did you get an offer for a starting RB and young WR for Robinson, or did you get a guy thinking he's selling at peak value before the draft? You know what I'm sayin'? Anyway, best of luck, mang.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

If Edmonds winds up a starter, then it's a slam dunk. But tell me this: Did you get an offer for a starting RB and young WR for Robinson, or did you get a guy thinking he's selling at peak value before the draft? You know what I'm sayin'? Anyway, best of luck, mang.

Oh I have no illusions there - I feel like I’m paying for Sheanult & getting Edmonds to balance it. It just so happens I’m in need of RB depth. 

I also fear aging out as all my WRs are 27-28

maybe I’ll stand pat & deal if one of my starters goes down. :shrug: Fournette re-signing didn’t help. 

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh I have no illusions there - I feel like I’m paying for Sheanult & getting Edmonds to balance it. It just so happens I’m in need of RB depth. 

I also fear aging out as all my WRs are 27-28

maybe I’ll stand pat & deal if one of my starters goes down. :shrug: Fournette re-signing didn’t help. 

Yeah, I'm staying away from advising you about the trade. It might be a really good thing given your roster. I just want you to be fully informed about Edmonds and his usage.

Best of luck. 

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, I'm staying away from advising you about the trade. It might be a really good thing given your roster. I just want you to be fully informed about Edmonds and his usage.

Best of luck. 

Your advice actually helped. I wasn’t looking at Edmonds floor if they draft a RB.

And ARob’s ceiling does seem like it could be significantly higher with Dalton.

Getting younger is nice, but if I’m dealing ARob & need a EB, I should get a good EB & a WR to balance it, not the other way around. 

thanks for lending perspective - got me thinking about it from alternate angles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Your advice actually helped. I wasn’t looking at Edmonds floor if they draft a RB.

And ARob’s ceiling does seem like it could be significantly higher with Dalton.

Getting younger is nice, but if I’m dealing ARob & need a EB, I should get a good EB & a WR to balance it, not the other way around. 

thanks for lending perspective - got me thinking about it from alternate angles. 

No sweat. If Edmonds blows up and becomes an RB1, you know who to kick on the board if he says that Edmonds was and is always going to be a three-down back in that Cardinals offense.

• Laughing 1

6 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

Allen Robinson over Edmonds and Shanault all the way. Easily for me.

Speaking of Robinson, just went down in FFPC

i got: Lamb, Diontae Johnson, Gallup

i gave: Allen Robinson, 1.05

trying to get younger and I prefer using my picks on known NFL production. I try to punt all my picks for current NFL players- this is just another example of that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

trying to get younger and I prefer using my picks on known NFL production. I try to punt all my picks for current NFL players- this is just another example of that. 

Wow. I have 1.05 as right after a tier break, to me. Good pull, IMO. I think it's a good pull regardless of tier break. I mean, it's a fair trade, but I think it's in your favor.

24 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

Lamb even without getting Johnson

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 

Yeah I don't get it. Lamb is borderline WR1 in dynasty. I think some people have him there already. I can't sell Arob even though he supposedly has a ton of value, if this deal is any indication. I'd put DJ over the mystery of where Smith or Waddle lands at 1.05. If you get lucky and one of the top 3 RBs falls there then I'd like it a lot more.

The one thing I'll say and I don't think it should be too big of a factor is dude cleared two roster spots. And IMO Gallup is a roster clogger in FFPC. Easily replaceable. But if I thought I had room before cuts and could get this deal, it wouldn't stop me in the least. As a throw in you can do a lot worse than Gallup.

• Like 1

awful trade in of my PPR dynasty leagues. 

Team A gets: Taylor

Team B gets: LATE 2022 1st and Montgomery (who's value has only gone down with William's signing and Cohen returning this year) 

Anyone ever seen Taylor moved that cheap? :wall:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Team B gets: LATE 2022 1st and Montgomery (who's value has only gone down with William's signing and Cohen returning this year) 

Terrible deal. Taylor is about the most valuable thing going in dynasty fantasy football right now.

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Terrible deal. Taylor is about the most valuable thing going in dynasty fantasy football right now.

Yep, and it ruins leagues when you get a top 3 startup player for what, MAYBE a 5th round RB and a late 1st? Just awful....

12 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Is Team B on suicide watch this morning?  Or is he so oblivious to the situation to be on suicide watch?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Is Team B on suicide watch this morning?  Or is he so oblivious to the situation to be on suicide watch?

Same 2 owners did a similar trade several weeks ago in another one of my leagues, maybe not QUITE as bad but still lopsided. Same guy gave up Taylor for James Robinson and a late 1st....ughh 

16 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

*sheepishly gulps*

Yes. Yes I have.

Last season I gave him for Cam and a 2021 1st that turned into 1.05. Which I packaged with Burrow to get Mahomes recently. So IDK. 

• Like 1

FFPC a couple small trades for teams I have room and need depth with upside:

1 QB I gave 2.10 I got Gabriel Davis
SF I gave 3.01 I got Van Jefferson

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team A gave J Meyers, 2022 4th
Team B got Corey Davis

SF:

Team A gave Matt Ryan, Newton
Team B gave Garopollo, 2.04, 2.11, two 2022 2nds

That is a free Corey Davis and a haul of good picks for Ryan and yes Cam is still tradeable in SF. 

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC a couple small trades for teams I have room and need depth with upside:

1 QB I gave 2.10 I got Gabriel Davis
SF I gave 3.01 I got Van Jefferson

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team A gave J Meyers, 2022 4th
Team B got Corey Davis

SF:

Team A gave Matt Ryan, Newton
Team B gave Garopollo, 2.04, 2.11, two 2022 2nds

That is a free Corey Davis and a haul of good picks for Ryan and yes Cam is still tradeable in SF. 

First trade give me Gabriel

Second trade = meh

Third trade give me the picks and it isn't close.

Edited by JohnnyU

2 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

2 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 

My first thought when I looked at before I saw your post:

Lamb=1.5

Robinson=DJ

Same conclusion=Free Gallup

But Gallup is not super valuable either so I don't see this as some big time lopsided trade as most of you do. A win though.

Edited by menobrown

35 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Second trade = meh

Second trade is lopsided as anything. Davis was WR 28 in PPR this year. There's your WR3. For nothing. He's a guy who is moving on to the Jets to be their number one guy instead of stuck with Henry and Brown as the alphas in TN. Easy trade to make.