What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

northern exposure said:
12 tm Zealots PPR

Team A gave:

Chase Edmonds 

Deebo Samuel

2022 2nd

Team B gave:

DeAndre Hopkins 

2021 2.07 pick
I don't play in a Zealots league but this seems like a terrible deal.  The 2nd is worth more for Team B and D-Hop is worth more than Chase/Deebo.  Think this is selling low on D-Hop for no reason.

ffmail4me said:
Won my 12 team PPR dynasty league last year but never like to sit idle. Just made this trade. 

Gave: Zeke, Jacobs, 1.12, 3.12 picks 
Got: Akers, McLaurin, 2.4 pick 

Thoughts? I realize Zeke and Jacobs COULD bounce back, but felt I moved 2 declining assets for 2 rising young stars. 
Yeah, good trade, IMO.

Here is a good lesson in fantasy relations. You could have responded with something snarky because 2.09/future 2 is a pretty bad offer, and that may have put the guy off. Sometimes a bad starting offer is simply that and keeping that door open is always a good idea. Even if someone bombards you with stupid offers year after year they’re bound to send something stupid you actually like.
I'm going to disagree while coining the name "Snarky Snorkelson".  You could have told him to get lost and... if he really wanted to deal, he might learn to skip an iteration or two of low-ball offers.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
How much would you leverage your future to win it all now?

I have very little draft capital this year (3.12), I have no 1-2 next year, & 2023 I have all 5 picks.

I also have a win-now roster that lacks depth. Mahomes/Carr/DJones, Carson/RoJo/(scrubs), ARob/Hopkins/Evans/Fuller/Samuel/(scrubs), EEngram/Gronk/Uzomah

Team Watson/Jacobs has a lot of nice pieces, but it’s SF & Brady is his only other QB. He made the playoffs in 2020 so he’s picking 8th. We were chatting & he was talking about a possible fire sale/rebuild, and I’m tempted to sell the farm for a couple of assets, try to win it in 2021-2022 then blow it up for a future rebuild. 

If you had my team, would you be willing to pay a 2021 3rd, 2022 3/4, & 2023 1/2/3/4 + Samuel & for CEH/Metcalf? Or CEH/Tee Higgins? Or Jacobs/Metcalf? Or Jacobs/Higgins? Or any one of those players even? 

Or is it crazy to leverage that much of my future for any of those combos?

Or would I be better off standing Pat, trying to win this year and blowing it up next year by selling my top 3 WRs for 2023 picks, tanking 2022 & going for a major rebuild? 

You’re GM of my team for the next 10 mins. What do you do?  

You already leveraged the future by traded away all your quality draft picks in the next two drafts.  Now, give up ALL your remaining picks over the next three drafts for 1-2 players?  I don't think this is a sustainable plan and no one player "guarantees" anything.  I stand pat and work my tail off on the wire trying to build RB depth, even if its long term depth. 

Come the trade dead-line, I make a decision to move some assets to 2022 picks if I'm on the outside looking in.

I'm going to disagree while coining the name "Snarky Snorkelson".  You could have told him to get lost and... if he really wanted to deal, he might learn to skip an iteration or two of low-ball offers.
Should have went with snarkelson. Those types of dynasty players don’t learn anything, they simply make a high volume of bad offers. I’ll dismiss them politely and hope they eventually slip up. I could put “don’t ever send me another offer” and a week later I’d have some garbage in the inbox. Or maybe they won’t deals with me anymore, period. But eventually those players make a mistake. Or maybe down the road they’ll have a player I’m targeting and that bridge becomes an obstacle to getting that player because it burned. I want to have a workable relationship with that person. If you are in a league with 11 other guys, you shouldn’t limit your trade partners, even if they are mostly unreasonable. 

Even if someone bombards you with stupid offers year after year they’re bound to send something stupid you actually like.
I find this to be true in one league I'm in. Guy sends terrible offers constantly and then out of the blue will send something that can be negotiated. Two of my bigger and so far beneficial trades have come that way, actually.

barackdhouse said:
Buying players for my orphans:

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 2nd, 4.02
I got Ronald Jones, Minshew

FFPC SF different league:

I gave 3.12, 2022 3rd
I got Ertz
I like the Ertz side of your second trade.  I don't see a lot of value in those late 3rd round picks in FFPC mainly because of roster sizes.

Come the trade dead-line, I make a decision to move some assets to 2022 picks if I'm on the outside looking in.
That’s my current plan. Evaluate where my team is this year & if I’m in a position to make the playoffs a 4th straight year then I go for it & trade away my aging assets for a 2022 tank & a 2023 rebuild. 

Appreciate the response. 

I’m pretty sure I could name 6 or 7 rookie rbs/wrs at least that I would prefer to Higgins, but that’s just me. But I can see a case either way. 
Me 3. I don't think I would pay the 1.05 for Higgins, but I also don't think his owners would necessarily part with him for that either.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded - 1.11/2.06/2.11

Received - 1.04

I just didn't see a lot in that 1.11/2.06/2.11 area that excited me and really do see a lot of great options in the 1.04 slot.  For the other owner, his picks other than the 1.04 were 2.04/4.04/5.04/6.04.

I am very much in a "win now" state while he's in a "probably makes the playoffs" state.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded - 1.11/2.06/2.11

Received - 1.04

I just didn't see a lot in that 1.11/2.06/2.11 area that excited me and really do see a lot of great options in the 1.04 slot.  For the other owner, his picks other than the 1.04 were 2.04/4.04/5.04/6.04.

I am very much in a "win now" state while he's in a "probably makes the playoffs" state.
That's a big time score. 

Zealots Field PPR

Traded - 1.11/2.06/2.11

Received - 1.04

1.04 and it's not close.   The other side is the kind of deal that teams perpetually in a "probably makes the playoffs" state make.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded - 1.11/2.06/2.11

Received - 1.04

This is a great move.  Those 2nds aren't even close to enough as you will probably get a stud those 3 picks turn in to depth pieces.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded - 1.11/2.06/2.11

Received - 1.04

That’s not nearly enough to move up that far. You robbed him. Why can’t I get a dynasty offer like that?

Zealots Field PPR

Traded - 1.11/2.06/2.11

Received - 1.04

It doest matter what your team looks like.  That's a dumb trade for the other guy regardless of rosters or format and great for you regardless of your roster.

When relying on a draft calculator goes wrong?
I don't use draft calculators, but I should, even if it's to know what a league mate might accept. It seems like draft calculators don't take into account the value of roster spots? The above trade is bad, but seems like a quarter and two dimes for a half-dollar. Then there are the two roster spots, which we'll call a nickel each. The calculator saying 50 cents vs 45 cents doesn't look too bad if you forget the roster spots. Time for me to get into calculators so I know what I can get away with.

I don't use draft calculators, but I should, even if it's to know what a league mate might accept. It seems like draft calculators don't take into account the value of roster spots? The above trade is bad, but seems like a quarter and two dimes for a half-dollar. Then there are the two roster spots, which we'll call a nickel each. The calculator saying 50 cents vs 45 cents doesn't look too bad if you forget the roster spots. Time for me to get into calculators so I know what I can get away with.
If you come to us with a $20 bill...

My last draft some guy kept talking about his offere being close or in MY favor on his calculator.

All terrible offers.  Calculators are dumb for the most part

The above trade is bad, but seems like a quarter and two dimes for a half-dollar.

Yes and I don't use trade calcs either but I know Hindery's trade value chart, which I respect, shows this was a win for the later picks side and no one in their right mind really agrees with that result.

My last draft some guy kept talking about his offere being close or in MY favor on his calculator.

You can tell who accepts draft calc offers because they're on the mass receiving end of a 7-for-1 trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and I don't use trade calcs either but I know Hindery's trade value chart, which I respect, shows this was a win for the later picks side and no one in their right mind really agrees with that result.
Zealots field leagues are deep rosters so slots typically are available.  In FFPC it would easily be the 1.4.

The problem with calculators is that they are all over the place..  I ran the same offer thru 3 different tools ..

Basic Trade Package :  Lockett for Hurts & 2nd round pick

Tool 1) 17% in favor of Lockett   (no age factor & picks discounted)

Tool 2) Fair deal:  ~2% in favor of Hurts/Pick  (Picks more valuable)

Tool 3) Close but 8% in favor of Hurst/Pick  (Age is a big factor for dynasty)

This big trade just went down.  12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR.  Not involved:

Team A gave:

CMC, Marvin Jones, and Emmanuel Sanders

Team B Gave:

Leo Fournette, Baker Mayfield, Tre'Quan Smith, Devin Singletary, 22 1st, 22 2nd, 2 22 3rds, 23 1st, and 23 3rd.  Most picks probably in the middle.

Team A gave:

Team B Gave:

Leo Fournette, Baker Mayfield, Tre'Quan Smith, Devin Singletary, 22 1st, 22 2nd, 2 22 3rds, 23 1st, and 23 3rd.  Most picks probably in the middle.
Two firsts and a box of rocks, rubber balls, and ring pops for CMC.

Give me CMC.

Team A gave:

Team B Gave:

A bunch of garbage until the picks.  Middle rd one in 2022 won’t net a good running back, but will in 2023.  It is my feeling he should have got some good young players instead of the players he got, to go along with the picks.  Perhaps some combination of Ayiuk, Jeudy, Pittman, or Debo Samuel, etc, as an example.

A bunch of garbage until the picks.  Middle rd one in 2022 won’t net a good running back, but will in 2023.  It is my feeling he should have got some good young players instead of the players he got, to go along with the picks.  Perhaps some combination of Ayiuk, Jeudy, Pittman, or Debo Samuel, etc, as an example.
I agree.  No way I trade an assets like CMC without some top end assets.  Not questions.  The picks could end up being towards the top but this move should get him close or in to the playoffs so the picks could be garbo when it is all said and done.

FFPC SF

Gave: Diggs, Mattison, Damien Harris

Got: Allen Robinson, Ekeler, Ertz

Edited to add:  This is also best ball.

Should have went with snarkelson. Those types of dynasty players don’t learn anything, they simply make a high volume of bad offers. I’ll dismiss them politely and hope they eventually slip up. I could put “don’t ever send me another offer” and a week later I’d have some garbage in the inbox. Or maybe they won’t deals with me anymore, period. But eventually those players make a mistake. Or maybe down the road they’ll have a player I’m targeting and that bridge becomes an obstacle to getting that player because it burned. I want to have a workable relationship with that person. If you are in a league with 11 other guys, you shouldn’t limit your trade partners, even if they are mostly unreasonable. 
Depending on my mood and knowing the person making the offer, even if its of the comic variety, sometimes I'll take it simply as notice that they're interested in player "x" and a counter is warranted.  On the other hand, you learn to know your league mates.  If I guy can't make a trade unless he skewers somebody then I'm going with nuclear tactics.  Diplomacy is over-rated and, some men, you can't just reach. That might be another phrase I could market.

Failure to Communicate

It doest matter what your team looks like.  That's a dumb trade for the other guy regardless of rosters or format and great for you regardless of your roster.
Well, the other guy had his reasons for the trade and laid them out pretty well.  He just has different ways of building a roster.

I really hope the picks DO work out well for him.  And, hey, I remember the year I pulled some solid maneuvers...to get Bishop Sankey 1.01 over Julio Jones and AJ Green.  Sometimes things just don't work out according to plan.

12 team superflex, ppr TE prem

Sent - Wentz, DJ moore

Got - Lamb, mooney, '22 2nd mid/late

Sent - Mooney + 4.01

Got - '22 2nd/early

Users who are viewing this thread