Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

12 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Was going to say the same thing but then I thought it's also not right that Mahomes might not buy you a top 5 rookie pick in some standard leagues.

Wish a middle ground existed.

A middle ground probably could easily exist.  Add more points to the QB scoring to magnify the importance in 1 QB leagues. 

Edited by ghostguy123
  • Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• Dr. Octopus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

9 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

This is a reminder of why I don’t play super flex. Hurts for Kelce shouldn’t be on the table no matter the format.

He shouldn’t be in superflex either, it’s just a great deal for the guy trading hurts. 

There’s only a few guys who even have the potential to score at te like Kelce does year after year. It’s a scarce position and he’s basically like a wr1 scorer there. Even the other guys who might score close to kelce- Waller and kittle- are way way less valuable. Having a middling qb in your flex spot isn’t worth giving the points at te, you’re losing ground. Add to that the fact that hurts still has a terrible Oline and terrible wrs, there isn’t really even some massive upside there. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 2nd, two 2022 3rds
I got Gabriel Davis, Fuller

FFPC 1QB:

I gave 1.09, 2.04, 2022 1st (late but not mine), Corey Davis, Henderson
I got Diggs, A Brown, 3.12

Ummmmmm

Won my 12 team PPR dynasty league last year but never like to sit idle. Just made this trade. 

Gave: Zeke, Jacobs, 1.12, 3.12 picks 
Got: Akers, McLaurin, 2.4 pick 

Thoughts? I realize Zeke and Jacobs COULD bounce back, but felt I moved 2 declining assets for 2 rising young stars. 

34 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Won my 12 team PPR dynasty league last year but never like to sit idle. Just made this trade. 

Thoughts? I realize Zeke and Jacobs COULD bounce back, but felt I moved 2 declining assets for 2 rising young stars. 

nice trade

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Ummmmmm

I see it as paying 5 quarters for a dollar. Worth it. Team is loaded and I had a lot of capital. Still have my future 1st, 2.01. Now I stack Jefferson, Diggs, Juju, Pittman with Dobbins, Gibson and Robinson. Mahomes and Kittle. It's my best single QB FFPC team and IMO it just got a lot better. A couple different calculators back it up as basically 5 quarters for a dollar. And although I like Corey Davis I think they are grading him higher than what he can get on the market in most places. Other guy's team was wasting Diggs so he got a haul and can make other moves now. Henderson and Davis were roster cloggers for me in FFPC. And although this deal was 2 players for 2 players, Brown isn't going to last my roster past this season so in a sense it is like a down payment on a roster spot later. Anyway I was drunk and I want to see Diggs getting 11/120/2 in *my* lineup.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I see it as paying 5 quarters for a dollar. Worth it. Team is loaded and I had a lot of capital. Still have my future 1st, 2.01. Now I stack Jefferson, Diggs, Juju, Pittman with Dobbins, Gibson and Robinson. Mahomes and Kittle. It's my best single QB FFPC team and IMO it just got a lot better. A couple different calculators back it up as basically 5 quarters for a dollar. And although I like Corey Davis I think they are grading him higher than what he can get on the market in most places. Other guy's team was wasting Diggs so he got a haul and can make other moves now. Henderson and Davis were roster cloggers for me in FFPC. And although this deal was 2 players for 2 players, Brown isn't going to last my roster past this season so in a sense it is like a down payment on a roster spot later. Anyway I was drunk and I want to see Diggs getting 11/120/2 in *my* lineup.

I read that as AJ Brown.  Oops.

The first trade was silly to get davis and fuller so cheap.

The end deal seems good to get diggs

9 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF:

FFPC 1QB:

Both are heavily slanted in your favor IMO. Especially the first and I don’t like Fuller and feel he’s worth a 2nd at best.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF:

FFPC 1QB:

On the first trade I'm 100% not trying to be a contrarian as I know some have aid they see it as lopsided but I see it as equitable in a vacuum due to how precious roster space must be right now in SF, not liking Fuller with Tua.

The second trade also seems equitable though I'd probably take the picks side but that's based in part on prior trades I've done coloring my opinion.

And your new avatar is tripping me up.

1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

I can see the argument on both sides here.  I like Scary Terry a lot this year but when Fitzmagic is gone, his value could drop.  I think I would have leaned towards the Zeke/Jacobs side before they signed Drake/Riddick but now the Akers side probably is better but I think Zeke has a bigger year this year personally.  I have no problem with either side.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, menobrown said:

On the first trade I'm 100% not trying to be a contrarian as I know some have aid they see it as lopsided but I see it as equitable in a vacuum due to how precious roster space must be right now in SF, not liking Fuller with Tua. I think it is equal as well but I do like Fuller a *little*. I think the FF community is being really weird about Tua. Everyone is already writing his death sentence but I think it is way premature. This was obviously a play for Davis though.

The second trade also seems equitable though I'd probably take the picks side but that's based in part on prior trades I've done coloring my opinion. If I had the other guys team I would have slammed this deal on the picks side. We sent maybe ~15 offers back and forth before we settled on this one. I managed to keep the best 3 pieces that were on the table (in terms of the pieces that were malleable) in my future 1st, the 2.01 and I kept Pittman instead of Corey Davis. On paper they're equal but I'm pretty big on Pittman. The original offer came from him as his A Brown for my 3.0x and it escalated from there. 

And your new avatar is tripping me up. That is my pops from the mid 70s, I think possibly shortly after I was born. He passed away 20 years ago yesterday so like I said I was drinking heavily and made a big play for Diggs. I should have shopped my capital around but it was really fun. The other guy is in a lot of leagues with me as well and we have done a lot of deals.

3 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

There is definitely some value on the Zeke/Jacobs/1.12 side but I actually really don't think it's super close. I don't get what the other person is seeing here. Needs a RB I have to assume. Akers has a (relatively easy) path to FF stratosphere this year and McLaurin is maybe in the same category.

I have a lot of faith in what Rivera is doing in Washington and I think they will find a QB for the future. McLaurin is so much better than most people realize and with Samuel there and a competent QB to go along with a formidable running game with an electric young RB, the sky is the limit for McLaurin in 2021 especially. 

You can get some good win now RB production out of Zeke and Jacobs though and 1.12 could be nice. But they'll never sell those two RBs again. 2.4 isn't necessarily much different from 1.12 either. Anyway I think it's a slam dunk for you.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

12 tm Zealots PPR

Team A gave:

Chase Edmonds 

Deebo Samuel

2022 2nd

Team B gave:

DeAndre Hopkins 

2021 2.07 pick

team b maybe should have waited until after the draft to make sure chase edmonds is the starter? even if he is i dont like this trade much

49 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I think the FF community is being really weird about Tua. Everyone is already writing his death sentence but I think it is way premature. This was obviously a play for Davis though.

I don't think it's just the fantasy community, a lot of people question Tua in real football though that question is not so much he's not any good, it's just a question of he is game manager type or elite. I'm personally not writing off Tua the football player,  or being good in fantasy, but when I found myself last year being bummed for Parker when Fitz got yanked I think it's appropriate to be concerned about going from Watson to Tua.

And yes I figured Davis was key target for you and it's a good price for both of them if I'm not looking at roster space.

My only holdup on the Diggs trade is everytime I've traded for an 27+ year old stud WR's it's gone a little to a lot wrong-even when the player worked out what I could have picked ends up trumping them. That's what I meant by it seemed equitable to me but my past trades color my opinion and made me lean picks.

And cool story on your pops,  nice way you have chose to honor him, very nice.

• Thanks 1

Another Edmonds deal.

Zealots Field PPR (not involved)

Team A traded Chase Edmonds and Derrick Henry

Team B traded Saquon Barkley

Team A now has Barkley, JK Dobbins, Alvin Kamara, Jox Mixon and others as his RBs

Team B now has Cam Akers, Edmonds and Henry as his RBs (just those 3)

2 hours ago, northern exposure said:

12 tm Zealots PPR

Team A gave:

Chase Edmonds 

Deebo Samuel

2022 2nd

Team B gave:

DeAndre Hopkins 

2021 2.07 pick

Not a fan of this one at all. Hella cheap for DHop. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, northern exposure said:

12 tm Zealots PPR

Team A gave:

Chase Edmonds 

Deebo Samuel

2022 2nd

Team B gave:

DeAndre Hopkins 

2021 2.07 pick

I don't play in a Zealots league but this seems like a terrible deal.  The 2nd is worth more for Team B and D-Hop is worth more than Chase/Deebo.  Think this is selling low on D-Hop for no reason.

1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't play in a Zealots league but this seems like a terrible deal.  The 2nd is worth more for Team B and D-Hop is worth more than Chase/Deebo.  Think this is selling low on D-Hop for no reason.

I'm surprised he settled for this return for Hopkins. His offer to me was Hopkins and 2.07 for D Swift and 1.03.

7 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

I'm surprised he settled for this return for Hopkins. His offer to me was Hopkins and 2.07 for D Swift and 1.03.

So he went from making you an offer worthy of being in the worst trade thread to accepting one that would be close to worthy of being in that thread.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3
2 hours ago, menobrown said:

So he went from making you an offer worthy of being in the worst trade thread to accepting one that would be close to worthy of being in that thread.

I countered with Swift and 2.03 for Hopkins and 2.07.He didn’t even respond to it. 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Yeah, good trade, IMO.

1 hour ago, northern exposure said:

I countered with Swift and 2.03 for Hopkins and 2.07.He didn’t even respond to it. 🤷‍♂️

Phhh obviously he got 3 things in the deal he made so it’s better.

On 3/28/2021 at 8:12 AM, Snorkelson said:

Here is a good lesson in fantasy relations. You could have responded with something snarky because 2.09/future 2 is a pretty bad offer, and that may have put the guy off. Sometimes a bad starting offer is simply that and keeping that door open is always a good idea. Even if someone bombards you with stupid offers year after year they’re bound to send something stupid you actually like.

I'm going to disagree while coining the name "Snarky Snorkelson".  You could have told him to get lost and... if he really wanted to deal, he might learn to skip an iteration or two of low-ball offers.

3 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

12 team PPR

Team A: Tee Higgins

Team B: 1.05

I’m pretty sure I could name 6 or 7 rookie rbs/wrs at least that I would prefer to Higgins, but that’s just me. But I can see a case either way. 

• Like 1
On 3/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

How much would you leverage your future to win it all now?

I have very little draft capital this year (3.12), I have no 1-2 next year, & 2023 I have all 5 picks.

I also have a win-now roster that lacks depth. Mahomes/Carr/DJones, Carson/RoJo/(scrubs), ARob/Hopkins/Evans/Fuller/Samuel/(scrubs), EEngram/Gronk/Uzomah

Team Watson/Jacobs has a lot of nice pieces, but it’s SF & Brady is his only other QB. He made the playoffs in 2020 so he’s picking 8th. We were chatting & he was talking about a possible fire sale/rebuild, and I’m tempted to sell the farm for a couple of assets, try to win it in 2021-2022 then blow it up for a future rebuild. 

If you had my team, would you be willing to pay a 2021 3rd, 2022 3/4, & 2023 1/2/3/4 + Samuel & for CEH/Metcalf? Or CEH/Tee Higgins? Or Jacobs/Metcalf? Or Jacobs/Higgins? Or any one of those players even? 

Or is it crazy to leverage that much of my future for any of those combos?

Or would I be better off standing Pat, trying to win this year and blowing it up next year by selling my top 3 WRs for 2023 picks, tanking 2022 & going for a major rebuild? 

You’re GM of my team for the next 10 mins. What do you do?  

You already leveraged the future by traded away all your quality draft picks in the next two drafts.  Now, give up ALL your remaining picks over the next three drafts for 1-2 players?  I don't think this is a sustainable plan and no one player "guarantees" anything.  I stand pat and work my tail off on the wire trying to build RB depth, even if its long term depth. 

Come the trade dead-line, I make a decision to move some assets to 2022 picks if I'm on the outside looking in.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, DropKick said:

I'm going to disagree while coining the name "Snarky Snorkelson".  You could have told him to get lost and... if he really wanted to deal, he might learn to skip an iteration or two of low-ball offers.

Should have went with snarkelson. Those types of dynasty players don’t learn anything, they simply make a high volume of bad offers. I’ll dismiss them politely and hope they eventually slip up. I could put “don’t ever send me another offer” and a week later I’d have some garbage in the inbox. Or maybe they won’t deals with me anymore, period. But eventually those players make a mistake. Or maybe down the road they’ll have a player I’m targeting and that bridge becomes an obstacle to getting that player because it burned. I want to have a workable relationship with that person. If you are in a league with 11 other guys, you shouldn’t limit your trade partners, even if they are mostly unreasonable. 

• Laughing 1
On 3/28/2021 at 5:12 AM, Snorkelson said:

Even if someone bombards you with stupid offers year after year they’re bound to send something stupid you actually like.

I find this to be true in one league I'm in. Guy sends terrible offers constantly and then out of the blue will send something that can be negotiated. Two of my bigger and so far beneficial trades have come that way, actually.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2021 at 8:30 PM, barackdhouse said:

Buying players for my orphans:

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 2nd, 4.02
I got Ronald Jones, Minshew

FFPC SF different league:

I gave 3.12, 2022 3rd
I got Ertz

I like the Ertz side of your second trade.  I don't see a lot of value in those late 3rd round picks in FFPC mainly because of roster sizes.

8 hours ago, djb916420 said:

12 Team PPR 1qb 

D Watson 

for 

Burrow / Rookie 2.10

In the leagues I own Watson I just wouldn't want to move him yet...but this deal is enough of a return that I can see the Watson owner moving him here. 

Edited by ffmail4me

12 Team TE Prem PPR 

SF RB Raheem Mostert was traded for 2.09 pick this year

9 hours ago, mcintyre1 said:

12 team PPR

Team A: Tee Higgins

Team B: 1.05

Fair.  I can make a case both ways.

Edited by Blick

12 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I’m pretty sure I could name 6 or 7 rookie rbs/wrs at least that I would prefer to Higgins, but that’s just me. But I can see a case either way. 

and me

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DropKick said:

Come the trade dead-line, I make a decision to move some assets to 2022 picks if I'm on the outside looking in.

That’s my current plan. Evaluate where my team is this year & if I’m in a position to make the playoffs a 4th straight year then I go for it & trade away my aging assets for a 2022 tank & a 2023 rebuild. 

Appreciate the response. 

12 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Should have went with snarkelson.

I’d say that misstep alone is reason enough to reject any offers from them. 

Talk about low hanging fruit - it was right there! 

14 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Me 3. I don't think I would pay the 1.05 for Higgins, but I also don't think his owners would necessarily part with him for that either.

• Like 1