Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

9 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty (1 qb league)

Gave: JuJu and 1.10

Got: 1.5 pick

Have a ton of WR depth and wanted a top 3 RB, Pitts or Chase. Thoughts? 

You could view it as a slight overpay but 1.10 is 2 tiers below what you will get at 5 if you consider Pitts a top tier player.  I have no problem paying a little bit to go get "your" guy.  Not a home run but I like the move, especially if you have the WR depth so losing Juju doesn't hurt.

• Replies 34.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• Dr. Octopus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

9 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty (1 qb league)

Gave: JuJu and 1.10

Got: 1.5 pick

Have a ton of WR depth and wanted a top 3 RB, Pitts or Chase. Thoughts? 

Tried a similar trade about a month ago,  I was trying to give JuJu/1.11 for 5.

That got rejected and I ended up giving JuJu, 2.11 and projected late 2022#2 for 1.6.

This was before the NFL loudly told us what they think about JuJu so I for sure like your move.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

You could view it as a slight overpay but 1.10 is 2 tiers below what you will get at 5 if you consider Pitts a top tier player.  I have no problem paying a little bit to go get "your" guy.  Not a home run but I like the move, especially if you have the WR depth so losing Juju doesn't hurt.

Well I felt like I did as I have Jefferson, McLaurin, Evans, Diontae Johnson, Jeudy, Crowder, Campbell, Hardman, and Duvernay in this league. I figured I'd likely only spot start JuJu or have him as a bye week player (unless I get injuries of course) 

29 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Well I felt like I did as I have Jefferson, McLaurin, Evans, Diontae Johnson, Jeudy, Crowder, Campbell, Hardman, and Duvernay in this league. I figured I'd likely only spot start JuJu or have him as a bye week player (unless I get injuries of course) 

I'd say you had the depth.  You have 4 there that I like more than Juju.  That was a good move for sure.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Denver724 said:

Standard 12 team ppr. Team getting Jacobs has Drake. 

Reagor, Landry and the 3.10

for 

Jacobs and a 2022 4th.

Cheap for jacobs

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Denver724 said:

for 

Jacobs and a 2022 4th.

I’m not a Jacob’s fan really, but this is cheap for him for sure. 

2 hours ago, osiriskid said:

12 team SF (Not involved)

Team A: Gave CMC (non contender)

Team B:  Gave JK Dobbins, 1.05 (contender)

In the long run Team A will like it more than Team B.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, osiriskid said:

12 team SF (Not involved)

Team A: Gave CMC (non contender)

Team B:  Gave JK Dobbins, 1.05 (contender)

I agree team A will like it in the long run. I haven't seen many CMC trades recently.

51 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

i dunno, he's going to need to hit a homerun with 1.05 to make giving up cmc worth it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

i dunno, he's going to need to hit a homerun with 1.05 to make giving up cmc worth it

Not hard to hit at 1.05 given what will be there.  If it's a start 1qb league Harris will go top 2 for sure and Chase will go top 3 most likely.  One of these will fall to 1.5 - Wiilliams, Pitts, ETN, Waddle and Smith.  I feel confident that getting Dobbins and one of those players is a good haul for CMAC long term.

• Like 3

IMO Dobbins isn't the fantasy player people think he is. But only because he plays for Baltimore. Sooner or later you're going to get burned by his (non) usage. 

Give me CMC.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Denver724 said:

for 

Jacobs and a 2022 4th.

It always fascinates me when a team that gets the better part of a deal also gets a draft pick on top of the player.

11 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

IMO Dobbins isn't the fantasy player people think he is. But only because he plays for Baltimore. Sooner or later you're going to get burned by his (non) usage. 

Give me CMC.

Without knowing the team dynamics. what player or picks (excluding Dobbins) + 1.05 would it take for you to accept the offer for team A?

39 minutes ago, osiriskid said:

I agree team A will like it in the long run. I haven't seen many CMC trades recently.

I made one earlier this year, didn’t post it though.

10 team, ppr, te premium, 1/2/2/te/2 flex (not superflex)

gave: Waller, 1.08, 2.08, Hollywood brown, Darrell henderson

got: CMC, russel gage, 3.05

I know, I know. I think I made him better offers but that’s the deal he came up with. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, osiriskid said:

Without knowing the team dynamics. what player or picks (excluding Dobbins) + 1.05 would it take for you to accept the offer for team A?

This is the problem when trading/trading for studs.

If buying you need to give up a really good player, at least, and then what's the point?

If selling, you're potentially selling at a bit of a loss, all the pieces you get in return max out like you hope.

That's a long winded way of saying that the offer you cited is probably close enough that it works. But it's just a preference of which side one would rather have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, osiriskid said:

Just one data point, but I sent some feelers out a month ago to a non-competitive CMC owner in one of my leagues and he said Barkley + 1.07 wasn’t enough for CMC alone.

Edit: not SF like the trade in question

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Just one data point, but I sent some feelers out a month ago to a non-competitive CMC owner in one of my leagues and he said Barkley + 1.07 wasn’t enough for CMC alone.

Edit: not SF like the trade in question

That's just nonsense.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Selling CMC way too cheap IMO. 

This is said about 95% of the time for studs being traded. I believe getting Dobbins and what will be a very very good player in a strong draft, isn't terrible if Dobbins shows well long term and one of Harris, Chase, ETN, Williams, Waddle, Pitts, or Smith does what they are projected to do.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

This is said about 95% of the time for studs being traded. I believe getting Dobbins and what will be a very very good player in a strong draft, isn't terrible if Dobbins shows well long term and one of Harris, Chase, ETN, Williams, Waddle, Pitts, or Smith does what they are projected to do.

That’s too many ifs for me to be trading away such a game changer as CMC. Lest we forget last time we saw him play a full season he was setting records, and he’ll still only be 25 when the season starts. This gap widens even larger if this is a PPR league. Dobbins looks like he could be a really good player in the league, but he’s only starting the conversation for me when it comes to CMC. That pick would need to be 1.03 at absolute worst for me to even start considering things. Just one man’s opinion. I don’t own any of these players in dynasty for what it’s worth. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

That’s too many ifs for me to be trading away such a game changer as CMC. Lest we forget last time we saw him play a full season he was setting records, and he’ll still only be 25 when the season starts. This gap widens even larger if this is a PPR league. Dobbins looks like he could be a really good player in the league, but he’s only starting the conversation for me when it comes to CMC. That pick would need to be 1.03 at absolute worst for me to even start considering things. Just one man’s opinion. I don’t own any of these players in dynasty for what it’s worth. 

Not much difference between 1.3 and 1.5 given the players available in the top 7 or 8 this year.  I would go as far to say top 9 (Harris, Chase, Williams, ETN, Waddle, Smith, Pitts, Lawrence, Bateman).  Now I wouldn't trade CMC for Dobbins and Bateman, but I hope you get where I'm heading with this.

14 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Well of course if things work out perfectly any trace is “good”. I’m not saying this one was terrible but if you look at it as if both pieces will hit their ceiling in order to make it a “good” trade then you’re eliminating any margin for error.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Not much difference between 1.3 and 1.5 given the players available in the top 7 or 8

Ugh he said this was SF, you better believe there’s a huge difference there. 

7 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Ugh he said this was SF, you better believe there’s a huge difference there. 

I missed that part.  Still, do you think Justin Fields or Trey Lance is all that?  That's the thing I hate about SF.  These QBs are way overvalued IMO.  If I played SF I would be taking stud RBs and look for players like Tanneyhill and Cousins later in startups.  I believe the difference in scoring I get from them and top end QBs is negligible compared to the difference I make up on teams at RB.  I'm sure most feel QB approach is the logical strategy, but it isn't the only strategy. 

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I missed that part.  Still, do you think Justin Fields or Trey Lance is all that?  That's the thing I hate about SF.  These QBs are way overvalued IMO.  If I played SF I would be taking stud RBs and look for players like Tanneyhill and Cousins later in startups.  I believe the difference in scoring I get from them and top end QBs is negligible compared to the difference I make up on teams at RB.  I'm sure most feel QB approach is the logical strategy, but it isn't the only strategy. 

Yeah me too. I don't understand why this scares people off from SF though. If you believe in what you're saying here, why not leverage that against your opponents?

• Like 2

I just completed an FFPC startup 1QB:

I gave Bateman
I got 2022 1st (the team doesn't look good to me a couple good pieces is all)

I have a lot of good young WRs with upside and his weight discrepancy terrifies me. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah me too. I don't understand why this scares people off from SF though. If you believe in what you're saying here, why not leverage that against your opponents?

In the context of that trade, I would much rather draft someone like Harris or Williams over Fields or Lance in SF for the reason I mentioned in my previous post.

Edited by JohnnyU
18 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

In the context of that trade, I would much rather draft someone like Harris or Williams over Fields or Lance in SF for the reason I mentioned in my previous post.

I heard that part and said I agreed.

6 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I have to admit, as a CMC owner, I got worried when (back before all of the civil suits) there was talk of Carolina offering Houston CMC and a bunch of draft picks for Watson.

Looks like a lot of people still have faith that CMC usage is going to be the same. 

IMO his touches get pulled back quite a bit.  I think the current staff is too smart to think he can keep up the 2018-2019 volume without having another year like 2020.

39 minutes ago, Jail said:

Looks like a lot of people still have faith that CMC usage is going to be the same. 

IMO his touches get pulled back quite a bit.  I think the current staff is too smart to think he can keep up the 2018-2019 volume without having another year like 2020.

I think what they do in the draft may dictate that because if you look at their current depth chart there's not much behind him.

31 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

12 team ppr ( not involved)

1.11, 2.07 and jonnu for

waller and fitzmajic 

I don't think that's too much to give up for Waller...he's a legit difference-maker.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Boston said:

I don't think that's too much to give up for Waller...he's a legit difference-maker.

It is all a matter of what you see on your roster two years from now. 🙂

13 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Give me CMC.

Thank you. People seem to be forgetting CMC’s production. That was some crazy talk.

21 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Not hard to hit at 1.05 given what will be there.  If it's a start 1qb league Harris will go top 2 for sure and Chase will go top 3 most likely.  One of these will fall to 1.5 - Wiilliams, Pitts, ETN, Waddle and Smith.  I feel confident that getting Dobbins and one of those players is a good haul for CMAC long term.

Give me the guaranteed studly production from CMC. This is auto-accept if I'm getting CMC at this bargain price.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

And I guess I have some doubts of Dobbins ceiling/upside since Lamar will vulture TDs and the Ravens love getting cute with their RBs (Edwards, and now maybe Hill or a rookie being added) 

11 hours ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

Thank you. People seem to be forgetting CMC’s production. That was some crazy talk.

So what do you think is a fair price for CMC?  Every time one of these stud trades is posted, we almost always get the same response that it isn't enough.

• Like 1