What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

What range of player would you need to added to the 1.04 to get Sanders? Asking for a friend...
In that particular league I'd a bad reference point because I'd need to be absolutely overpaid due to make up of team. Mainly in that it's a contender with 3 viable RB's and damn near nothing else. Idea of shorting myself down to two viable RB's would require me to be blown away.

But in the ole vacuum I don't think Sanders vs 1.4 is wildly off.  But need's a factor and I don't want to get into big argument with peoplel about reaching or taking Bishop Sankey's of the world because I"m sure against that but RB need in particular is a factor. I like Sanders, he's fairly young and I'm not real interested in trading him in hopes I can draft the RB3 in this class or something of that nature. But I got leagues I'm deep at RB and in those leagues for the chance to draft a Chase or Pitts I'd still need something like a late one added to the 4, but that cost request could soften into something more in the second range round when I'm OTC and/or know landing spots. But I'd say again if you tell me I'm picking RB 3 in this class at pick 4 I'd say no if you were tagging a late one onto it.

Interesting. In a 12 team non-ppr league that will require 2 starting RBs beginning this upcoming season, I am being told Sanders is not worth a late 1st. I was told an early 2nd for Sanders was also a stretch.
I don't know about non-PPR but this does not jive with PPR leagues. I've done several redrafts this year and he's not made it to round 3 yet in one, consistently very late near end of round two he keeps going. That's redraft but he's 24 and you can draw a correlation to a degree to dynasty. In FFPC startups his ADP is in same range, right around very end of late 2 and I think ahead of all but 2 rookies. You look at something like Hindery's trade value chart from this site and he's valued I think pick 3 in PPR. So I don't know what to say about what you are being told and how different non-PPR is but this is not in line with what I'm seeing.

In that particular league I'd a bad reference point because I'd need to be absolutely overpaid due to make up of team. Mainly in that it's a contender with 3 viable RB's and damn near nothing else. Idea of shorting myself down to two viable RB's would require me to be blown away.

But in the ole vacuum I don't think Sanders vs 1.4 is wildly off.  But need's a factor and I don't want to get into big argument with peoplel about reaching or taking Bishop Sankey's of the world because I"m sure against that but RB need in particular is a factor. I like Sanders, he's fairly young and I'm not real interested in trading him in hopes I can draft the RB3 in this class or something of that nature. But I got leagues I'm deep at RB and in those leagues for the chance to draft a Chase or Pitts I'd still need something like a late one added to the 4, but that cost request could soften into something more in the second range round when I'm OTC and/or know landing spots. But I'd say again if you tell me I'm picking RB 3 in this class at pick 4 I'd say no if you were tagging a late one onto it.
Nice, yeah. Thanks for answering. Wow. We're really on the same page in terms of valuation. I'd pretty much come to the conclusion that what you stated seems to be exactly the case. I don't think anyone is trading Sanders for one of Williams, Etienne, or Harris right now unless there's a definite sweetener involved, and the sweetener better be a higher-end pick.

Yeah, I'm thinking Sanders is a higher-end player with reasonable RB1 aspirations, and as such, worth a little more than the RB3 of this class. I do not roster Sanders anywhere and that's what I think. I offered Elliott for Sanders and was refused, actually. So his price is still a high one to a lot of people.

Matt's Eagles said:
12 Team PPR

Team A got D Montgomery and T Boyd

Team B got Juedy, Godwin
Team B definitely got the best player in Godwin and it’s not outlandish to think they also got the second best player

Interesting. In a 12 team non-ppr league that will require 2 starting RBs beginning this upcoming season, I am being told Sanders is not worth a late 1st. I was told an early 2nd for Sanders was also a stretch.
Is this from the same guy who was trying to sell you Brandin Cooks for the 1.03? 

Not to pile on but in FFPC SF, not involved

Team A gave Miles Sanders

Team B gave 1.04

This is conceivably as good as the 1.01 in single QB and probably equal to 1.02. I honestly have no idea how I feel about him. I like him every time I see him play but I probably fall on the "bird in the hand" camp here. Only had him in redraft once. 

Took over a safeleague orphan and have done some rebuilding trades, 12 team SF ppr te 1.5 ppr

This team had really only a few assets , the only elite asset I have left still is Aaron Rodgers

Gave D. Henry Deebo Samuel and Mo Alie Cox

Got 1.02

Gave Michael Thomas

Got 1.06 and Gus Edwards

Gave Marvin Jones and 4.07

Got 3.05 and Darrynton Evans

I know have 1.02 1.06 1.07 2.07 3.05 and 3.07.  

Took over a safeleague orphan and have done some rebuilding trades, 12 team SF ppr te 1.5 ppr

This team had really only a few assets , the only elite asset I have left still is Aaron Rodgers

Got 1.02

Gave Michael Thomas

Got 1.06 and Gus Edwards
My take may be in the minority, but I understand wanting to get younger for picks but I like Michael Thomas if Jameis is the QB.  I don't like Jameis as a QB but I think MT should see an uptick in production with a younger/stronger arm under center.  

I understand being worried about Henry's usage but he is built and has a pretty good offensive line, while coming off a great season.

I am interested in what your starters look like now and who you plan to target with 1.02/1.06/1.07.  

My take may be in the minority, but I understand wanting to get younger for picks but I like Michael Thomas if Jameis is the QB.  I don't like Jameis as a QB but I think MT should see an uptick in production with a younger/stronger arm under center.  

I understand being worried about Henry's usage but he is built and has a pretty good offensive line, while coming off a great season.

I am interested in what your starters look like now and who you plan to target with 1.02/1.06/1.07.  
If I had to do a starting lineup today it would probably be

A Rodgers

K Drake, David Johnson, G Edwards

A Thielen, TY Hilton, J Crowder, Q Cephus. J Meyers

Jack Doyle

Honestly the starting lineup probably includes 1.02 and 1.06, but that is what I would do with guys I have.

What I plan to do with the picks?  Need to evaluate the other rosters and see what draft capital is used on the running backs and qb's and see where Chase and Pitts go.  1.02 could be qb 2 or RB 1.  1.06 and 1.07 is at least 1 QB if i pass on qb at 1.02 and then could be rb2 rb 3, WR 1 or TE 1.  I probably won't take WR 2 as I don't love anyone after Chase right now but where they go in the draft could change that.

The other option is trade back from 1.02 for more picks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Marauder said:
FFPC (not involved)

Team A gives Miles Sanders

Team B gives 1.04, 2022 3rd
I know this has already had a bit of discussion but...I have to say this is kind of a conundrum here.

If you have the 1.4 (like I do) and are a rebuilding team, which you probably are at that spot (and I am) then Sanders would be a great addition.

But the question is, is he a better addition than say Etienne or Williams would be given the age difference? I'm not so sure.  

Got 1.02

Gave Michael Thomas

Got 1.06 and Gus Edwards

Gave Marvin Jones and 4.07

Got 3.05 and Darrynton Evans

I know have 1.02 1.06 1.07 2.07 3.05 and 3.07.  
I can appreciate the rebuild but to me that feels a little light on Henry and Thomas personally.  Not terrible and might be the best you could have got in your league but feels like you could have done better to me.

I know this has already had a bit of discussion but...I have to say this is kind of a conundrum here.

If you have the 1.4 (like I do) and are a rebuilding team, which you probably are at that spot (and I am) then Sanders would be a great addition.

But the question is, is he a better addition than say Etienne or Williams would be given the age difference? I'm not so sure.  
I agree with you that it depends on situation.  I think I wouldn't even consider the trade until after the NFL draft and then go with my gut once I know where those rooks would be playing.  I think I would make the trade straight up if I had 1.4 but wouldn't want to include more if I were rebuilding.  On the flip side, if I had Sanders, I would probably want something on top of 1.4 if I were to trade a young RB and would have to be a team not looking to win now.

I can appreciate the rebuild but to me that feels a little light on Henry and Thomas personally.  Not terrible and might be the best you could have got in your league but feels like you could have done better to me.
It could be light, but players like MT and Henry only allow you to trade with about 1/2 the league who thinks they are in a win now window and then finding guys who will move young players is even harder as if the young guys have shown they are good they almost always prefer the young guys even elite older guys so I feel like finding teams with top 1/2 1st round picks that they will move was about as good as I could do, but I will concede if you put it in a calculator I probably lose them.  Thanks for the feedback, it is never fun trading away really good players for mostly picks, but sometimes it is the play if I don't screw up the picks.

It could be light, but players like MT and Henry only allow you to trade with about 1/2 the league who thinks they are in a win now window and then finding guys who will move young players is even harder as if the young guys have shown they are good they almost always prefer the young guys even elite older guys so I feel like finding teams with top 1/2 1st round picks that they will move was about as good as I could do, but I will concede if you put it in a calculator I probably lose them.  Thanks for the feedback, it is never fun trading away really good players for mostly picks, but sometimes it is the play if I don't screw up the picks.
When rebuilding and you cant get what you think is a good deal for an established good vet just remember something...........its April.  You got time.  People change their mind a lot in the offseason.  Just reach out periodically.  Also, if some other big deal happens, that could be a catalyst to a deal for you.

That is the trick.  Every league values players differently so I definitely realize this might have been the best you could find out there and you definitely were in rebuild mode.  Hit the picks and it doesn't matter.  Good luck with that.

Devy Depleted 14 Team League: 2021 1.12 NFL Rookie pick and 2021 1.12 Devy pick for Trevor Lawrence. 1 QB League. Team giving up Lawrence has Holmes, Burrow, and Hurts. 

When rebuilding and you cant get what you think is a good deal for an established good vet just remember something...........its April.  You got time.  People change their mind a lot in the offseason.  Just reach out periodically.  Also, if some other big deal happens, that could be a catalyst to a deal for you.
I think this is particularly good advice and something I'm terrible at.

FFPC SF we just completed the startup a week ago. Not involved but I think it's too much. 

Team A gives Herbert

Team B gives Mayfield, Pittman, Moss, 2022 1st and 2nd

14 Team 1 QB PPR 

Gave: Daniel Jones, Hunt

Got: Burrow

I have Watson and have a good team, so I was looking for a better option then Jones at QB. Other guy has Murray at QB, so Burrow was a back up for him, and only has Swift at RB. 

I like my side whether I needed a QB or not. I was looking to move Hunt all last year and couldn't get anyone interested. 

I may have to weather a storm at the beginning of the year at QB if Burrow takes a few weeks to get back on the field, and Watson gets suspended. 

FFPC SF we just completed the startup a week ago. Not involved but I think it's too much. 

Team A gives Herbert

Team B gives Mayfield, Pittman, Moss, 2022 1st and 2nd
I don't really play FFPC or SF personally so my 2 cents might not mean much.  That seems like too much but you have to pay to get your player and I'm not high on Mayfield so this isn't really top end prospects for what could be a stud QB.  It is a slight overpay but I don't think it was ridiculous in that type of league from what I've read.

14 Team 1 QB PPR 

I have Watson and have a good team, so I was looking for a better option then Jones at QB. Other guy has Murray at QB, so Burrow was a back up for him, and only has Swift at RB. 

I like my side whether I needed a QB or not. I was looking to move Hunt all last year and couldn't get anyone interested. 

I may have to weather a storm at the beginning of the year at QB if Burrow takes a few weeks to get back on the field, and Watson gets suspended. 
This is a good move for you.  Hunt has value but you needed to do something at QB as Watson could miss the season for multiple reasons.

14 Team 1 QB PPR 

I think you gave too much to get Burrow. I realize it’s 14 team which bumps QB a little but that also bumps a RB like Hunts value as well. I think you should have rolled with Danny Dimes and Hunt. If you are completely not sold on Jones, I would have tried to get a Cousins type QB (steady play but someone’s back-up) for much less.

FFPC Single QB - one of a couple orphans I am tearing down

I gave CMC
I got Akers, G Davis, 2022 1st (his team just got better but I don't like his receivers and he has no TE but it's only March April)

My receivers are worse than his. Big fan of Akers this year with Stafford and a really good defense. I need a lot more help than I'm likely going to get within CMC's FF window. We'll see. I bought a handful of orphans with CMC but this is the only share I've ever sold. Don't really plan to be doing much of it.
Followed by:

I gave Josh Allen, 2.06, Steelers D
I got Mayfield, 2.09, Saints D, 2022 1st (middle of pack)

If I was one step away I probably make this deal if I'm the other guy. But he isn't and already has an elite QB IMO. I'm not worried about the drop from Allen to Mayfield and I think Mayfield took a big step last year as an NFL QB. To anyone that didn't notice, the Browns had like 4 games in a row with incredibly ####ty weather and tough defenses (I might be remembering that wrong) but he also had some really good games outside of that. Not counting on much from him and this orphan is a tear down anyway. But to get another 1st is easily worth it in single QB for me. I'd like to have not dropped from 2.06 to 2.09 but I'm not sweating it.

Followed by:

I gave Josh Allen, 2.06, Steelers D
I got Mayfield, 2.09, Saints D, 2022 1st (middle of pack)

If I was one step away I probably make this deal if I'm the other guy. But he isn't and already has an elite QB IMO. I'm not worried about the drop from Allen to Mayfield and I think Mayfield took a big step last year as an NFL QB. To anyone that didn't notice, the Browns had like 4 games in a row with incredibly ####ty weather and tough defenses (I might be remembering that wrong) but he also had some really good games outside of that. Not counting on much from him and this orphan is a tear down anyway. But to get another 1st is easily worth it in single QB for me. I'd like to have not dropped from 2.06 to 2.09 but I'm not sweating it.
I love accumulating future 1st as well but Allen is a difference maker at the position in my opinion, whereas Baker is an average option. If this is FFPC and you want to move Allen, again, move him for more draft capital and just pick up a Mayfield equivalency off the wire before the season or after the draft when some teams are holding 25 guys and three QBs for a 7th. Cousins, Fitz, Carr... whomever 

I love accumulating future 1st as well but Allen is a difference maker at the position in my opinion, whereas Baker is an average option. If this is FFPC and you want to move Allen, again, move him for more draft capital and just pick up a Mayfield equivalency off the wire before the season or after the draft when some teams are holding 25 guys and three QBs for a 7th. Cousins, Fitz, Carr... whomever 
I agree about him being a difference maker but not for this team. Also nobody pays for a QB by themselves. I agree about being able to buy cheaper QB options but this isn't Baker for Allen it is a 1st for Allen and Mayfield is basically free. Also you can't just make ideal trades all the time like you're going into a supermarket and getting whatever yoh want. Just because I would rather get a little more draft capital doesn't mean it will happen.

This was a slam dunk accept for me.

12 team PPR 6 pts TD pass IDP

A Rodgers GB QB

for

L Jackson Bal QB

12 team PPR IDP

J Jacobs LV RB, 3.12

for

S Ahmed Mia RB, D Mooney Chi WR, 2022 1st round pick (from defending champ), 5.09, 5.12

Users who are viewing this thread