Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

2 hours ago, frae said:

Took over a safeleague orphan and have done some rebuilding trades, 12 team SF ppr te 1.5 ppr

This team had really only a few assets , the only elite asset I have left still is Aaron Rodgers

Gave D. Henry Deebo Samuel and Mo Alie Cox

Got 1.02

Gave Michael Thomas

Got 1.06 and Gus Edwards

Gave Marvin Jones and 4.07

Got 3.05 and Darrynton Evans

I know have 1.02 1.06 1.07 2.07 3.05 and 3.07.  

I can appreciate the rebuild but to me that feels a little light on Henry and Thomas personally.  Not terrible and might be the best you could have got in your league but feels like you could have done better to me.

• Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

59 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I know this has already had a bit of discussion but...I have to say this is kind of a conundrum here.

If you have the 1.4 (like I do) and are a rebuilding team, which you probably are at that spot (and I am) then Sanders would be a great addition.

But the question is, is he a better addition than say Etienne or Williams would be given the age difference? I'm not so sure.  

I agree with you that it depends on situation.  I think I wouldn't even consider the trade until after the NFL draft and then go with my gut once I know where those rooks would be playing.  I think I would make the trade straight up if I had 1.4 but wouldn't want to include more if I were rebuilding.  On the flip side, if I had Sanders, I would probably want something on top of 1.4 if I were to trade a young RB and would have to be a team not looking to win now.

11 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I can appreciate the rebuild but to me that feels a little light on Henry and Thomas personally.  Not terrible and might be the best you could have got in your league but feels like you could have done better to me.

It could be light, but players like MT and Henry only allow you to trade with about 1/2 the league who thinks they are in a win now window and then finding guys who will move young players is even harder as if the young guys have shown they are good they almost always prefer the young guys even elite older guys so I feel like finding teams with top 1/2 1st round picks that they will move was about as good as I could do, but I will concede if you put it in a calculator I probably lose them.  Thanks for the feedback, it is never fun trading away really good players for mostly picks, but sometimes it is the play if I don't screw up the picks.

3 minutes ago, frae said:

It could be light, but players like MT and Henry only allow you to trade with about 1/2 the league who thinks they are in a win now window and then finding guys who will move young players is even harder as if the young guys have shown they are good they almost always prefer the young guys even elite older guys so I feel like finding teams with top 1/2 1st round picks that they will move was about as good as I could do, but I will concede if you put it in a calculator I probably lose them.  Thanks for the feedback, it is never fun trading away really good players for mostly picks, but sometimes it is the play if I don't screw up the picks.

When rebuilding and you cant get what you think is a good deal for an established good vet just remember something...........its April.  You got time.  People change their mind a lot in the offseason.  Just reach out periodically.  Also, if some other big deal happens, that could be a catalyst to a deal for you.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, frae said:

That is the trick.  Every league values players differently so I definitely realize this might have been the best you could find out there and you definitely were in rebuild mode.  Hit the picks and it doesn't matter.  Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Devy Depleted 14 Team League: 2021 1.12 NFL Rookie pick and 2021 1.12 Devy pick for Trevor Lawrence. 1 QB League. Team giving up Lawrence has Holmes, Burrow, and Hurts. 

14 minutes ago, SDJohnny said:

Devy Depleted 14 Team League: 2021 1.12 NFL Rookie pick and 2021 1.12 Devy pick for Trevor Lawrence. 1 QB League. Team giving up Lawrence has Holmes, Burrow, and Hurts. 

I like that trade for you, good job.

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

When rebuilding and you cant get what you think is a good deal for an established good vet just remember something...........its April.  You got time.  People change their mind a lot in the offseason.  Just reach out periodically.  Also, if some other big deal happens, that could be a catalyst to a deal for you.

I think this is particularly good advice and something I'm terrible at.

• Like 1

14 Team 1 QB PPR 

Gave: Daniel Jones, Hunt

Got: Burrow

I have Watson and have a good team, so I was looking for a better option then Jones at QB. Other guy has Murray at QB, so Burrow was a back up for him, and only has Swift at RB. 

I like my side whether I needed a QB or not. I was looking to move Hunt all last year and couldn't get anyone interested. 

I may have to weather a storm at the beginning of the year at QB if Burrow takes a few weeks to get back on the field, and Watson gets suspended. 

12 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF we just completed the startup a week ago. Not involved but I think it's too much. 

Team A gives Herbert

Team B gives Mayfield, Pittman, Moss, 2022 1st and 2nd

I don't really play FFPC or SF personally so my 2 cents might not mean much.  That seems like too much but you have to pay to get your player and I'm not high on Mayfield so this isn't really top end prospects for what could be a stud QB.  It is a slight overpay but I don't think it was ridiculous in that type of league from what I've read.

40 minutes ago, PantherThunder said:

14 Team 1 QB PPR 

I have Watson and have a good team, so I was looking for a better option then Jones at QB. Other guy has Murray at QB, so Burrow was a back up for him, and only has Swift at RB. 

I like my side whether I needed a QB or not. I was looking to move Hunt all last year and couldn't get anyone interested. 

I may have to weather a storm at the beginning of the year at QB if Burrow takes a few weeks to get back on the field, and Watson gets suspended. 

This is a good move for you.  Hunt has value but you needed to do something at QB as Watson could miss the season for multiple reasons.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, PantherThunder said:

14 Team 1 QB PPR 

I think you gave too much to get Burrow. I realize it’s 14 team which bumps QB a little but that also bumps a RB like Hunts value as well. I think you should have rolled with Danny Dimes and Hunt. If you are completely not sold on Jones, I would have tried to get a Cousins type QB (steady play but someone’s back-up) for much less.

• Like 2
On 4/6/2021 at 3:55 PM, barackdhouse said:

FFPC Single QB - one of a couple orphans I am tearing down

I gave CMC
I got Akers, G Davis, 2022 1st (his team just got better but I don't like his receivers and he has no TE but it's only March April)

My receivers are worse than his. Big fan of Akers this year with Stafford and a really good defense. I need a lot more help than I'm likely going to get within CMC's FF window. We'll see. I bought a handful of orphans with CMC but this is the only share I've ever sold. Don't really plan to be doing much of it.

Followed by:

I gave Josh Allen, 2.06, Steelers D
I got Mayfield, 2.09, Saints D, 2022 1st (middle of pack)

If I was one step away I probably make this deal if I'm the other guy. But he isn't and already has an elite QB IMO. I'm not worried about the drop from Allen to Mayfield and I think Mayfield took a big step last year as an NFL QB. To anyone that didn't notice, the Browns had like 4 games in a row with incredibly ####ty weather and tough defenses (I might be remembering that wrong) but he also had some really good games outside of that. Not counting on much from him and this orphan is a tear down anyway. But to get another 1st is easily worth it in single QB for me. I'd like to have not dropped from 2.06 to 2.09 but I'm not sweating it.

30 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Followed by:

I gave Josh Allen, 2.06, Steelers D
I got Mayfield, 2.09, Saints D, 2022 1st (middle of pack)

If I was one step away I probably make this deal if I'm the other guy. But he isn't and already has an elite QB IMO. I'm not worried about the drop from Allen to Mayfield and I think Mayfield took a big step last year as an NFL QB. To anyone that didn't notice, the Browns had like 4 games in a row with incredibly ####ty weather and tough defenses (I might be remembering that wrong) but he also had some really good games outside of that. Not counting on much from him and this orphan is a tear down anyway. But to get another 1st is easily worth it in single QB for me. I'd like to have not dropped from 2.06 to 2.09 but I'm not sweating it.

I love accumulating future 1st as well but Allen is a difference maker at the position in my opinion, whereas Baker is an average option. If this is FFPC and you want to move Allen, again, move him for more draft capital and just pick up a Mayfield equivalency off the wire before the season or after the draft when some teams are holding 25 guys and three QBs for a 7th. Cousins, Fitz, Carr... whomever 

4 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

I love accumulating future 1st as well but Allen is a difference maker at the position in my opinion, whereas Baker is an average option. If this is FFPC and you want to move Allen, again, move him for more draft capital and just pick up a Mayfield equivalency off the wire before the season or after the draft when some teams are holding 25 guys and three QBs for a 7th. Cousins, Fitz, Carr... whomever 

I agree about him being a difference maker but not for this team. Also nobody pays for a QB by themselves. I agree about being able to buy cheaper QB options but this isn't Baker for Allen it is a 1st for Allen and Mayfield is basically free. Also you can't just make ideal trades all the time like you're going into a supermarket and getting whatever yoh want. Just because I would rather get a little more draft capital doesn't mean it will happen.

This was a slam dunk accept for me.

12 team PPR 6 pts TD pass IDP

A Rodgers GB QB

for

L Jackson Bal QB

Edited by Dez

12 team PPR IDP

J Jacobs LV RB, 3.12

for

S Ahmed Mia RB, D Mooney Chi WR, 2022 1st round pick (from defending champ), 5.09, 5.12

Edited by Dez
3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Seems cheap for Adams. 

1.04 is no picnic to be sitting at right now, either, in terms of potential studs. 

eta* IOW, that's very cheap for Adams. 

Edited by rockaction
On 4/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF we just completed the startup a week ago. Not involved but I think it's too much. 

Team A gives Herbert

Team B gives Mayfield, Pittman, Moss, 2022 1st and 2nd

Seems like a lot to give for Herbert. Taking Pittman out might make the deal more palatable.

Is Moss, Thaddeus Moss that WFT just released?

1 minute ago, lardonastick said:

12 team .5ppr SF, not involved

Irv Smith

for

2022 2nd 

T. McLaurin

for

1.09, R. Tonyan, A.J. Green, 

First one is fair.

Second one is "Fear Factor you have to eat this nastiness" gross. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

Irv Smith

for

2022 2nd 

T. McLaurin

for

Irv by a decent amount

McLaurin in a landslide

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

Irv Smith

for

2022 2nd 

T. McLaurin

for

53 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

First one is fair.

Second one is "Fear Factor you have to eat this nastiness" gross. 

52 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Irv by a decent amount

McLaurin in a landslide

32 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

huh? no way

Last year if you owned the 1.09 you might have landed Jefferson there.  The picks look very bad at the time of trades but then a year later they have a shot to turn into gold worth more than the players you traded away even though at the time the trades seem to be bad.

Last year I personally passed up Jefferson twice at the 1.08.  In 3 of my leagues Jefferson went 1.09 or 1.10.

In another I got Swift at 1.08 and in yet another I got Akers at 1.10.  Both those guys are worth tons more in startups right that than just about any player you could have possibly traded at the time.  

Maybe last year was just an extraordinary draft class.

2 hours ago, lardonastick said:

Irv Smith

for

2022 2nd 

T. McLaurin

for

SF and 0.5PPR? Going to be choosing between Waddle, Smith or the last of the QB’s at 9 in that format. I am not a fan of Tonyan but give me another TE I like better and I would consider that side. As is, a little light as I don’t think many people value Tonyan all that much.

Edited by Buckna
23 minutes ago, Buckna said:

SF and 0.5PPR? Going to be choosing between Waddle, Smith or the last of the QB’s at 9 in that format. I am not a fan of Tonyan but give me another TE I like better and I would consider that side. As is, a little light as I don’t think many people value Tonyan all that much.

This time last year no one was willing to give much for Waller; this year I think tonyan is that guy- but not to the same degree. He should get enough targets and red zone looks to be a decent te this year. He was a te1 last year, and I’d expect him to be there again this year- somewhat depending on what  they do in the draft.

2 hours ago, Dez said:

Last year if you owned the 1.09 you might have landed Jefferson there.  The picks look very bad at the time of trades but then a year later they have a shot to turn into gold worth more than the players you traded away even though at the time the trades seem to be bad.

Last year I personally passed up Jefferson twice at the 1.08.  In 3 of my leagues Jefferson went 1.09 or 1.10.

In another I got Swift at 1.08 and in yet another I got Akers at 1.10.  Both those guys are worth tons more in startups right that than just about any player you could have possibly traded at the time.  

Maybe last year was just an extraordinary draft class.

There’s a chance the 1.09 turns into a better player than McLaurin, but the odds are slim. Put another way, even if you end up with a better result, it’s bad process. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dez said:

I even got Jefferson at 2.01 in a single QB FFPC. Yeah you can probably get a solid WR at 1.09 this year. I'll take the under on them vs Jefferson or McLaurin though. But you are 100% correct that some of those picks can really strike gold. Is that gold worth more than McLaurin though? Even if it does hit it's a lateral play most likely. I didn't see Swift go anywhere that late last year but I did see Akers. Those guys are going ahead of McLaurin and are 1st round startup picks. McLaurin is like late 3rd. Jefferson is 1st round. But it's more likely to be a WR like Waddle/Bateman/Marshall at 1.09 and just how big are they gonna hit? Like Jefferson or a stud RB? IDK. More than McLaurin is about to do with Fitz/Samuel/Gibson/Logan Thomas (and probably at least one more playmaker that they draft)? Highly doubtful. Again even if they hit it is probably a lateral move at best. Counting on McLaurin to drop in value seems dubious to me. 

Bottom line the pick has to hit just to break even. The presence of AJ Green on that side of the trade bothers me, too. It makes me think that person actually likes him and considers him of some value more than just a throw in. And Tonyan is ok but that isn't moving any needle. I'd be pretty upset if I was in that league. Shop the pick. I'd *easily* outpay that price for McLaurin. I do know he is older for a 3rd year WR but I don't care.

1 hour ago, Adso said:

12 team, 1QB, PPR.

Gave: Derrick Henry

Got: 2021 1.04, 1.08

Would be nice to get another second or so, but I don't hate it. This is the final year to cash out on the 27.5yo running back for multiple firsts before age/carries bleeds his value regardless of how he performs

1 hour ago, BigAl21 said:

FFPC

Gave: Thielen  

got: 2022 1st, 3rd

Having a little sellers remorse but Thielen was likely to be my WR 4/5 and I think the pick will be top 6. Time will tell.

Pick easily.  Theilen will be worthless 2 years from now

• Like 2

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

JuJu Smith-Schuster, 2022 1st round pick, 2.15

for

Stefon Diggs

On 4/8/2021 at 10:01 AM, ghostguy123 said:

True enough but as we move closer to (and especially past) the draft even those deals night have fallen off the table. 

• Like 2