Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

1 hour ago, frae said:

Team 1 Gives Nick Chubb and Keenan Allen

Team 2 Gives Justin Jefferson, Jeff Wilson, and two 2022 2nd round picks.

Jefferson. I like Allen's 2021 outlook but he's going into his 9th season. 

It's essentially Chubb for Jefferson straight up.

Edited by Edgar
6 minutes ago, Edgar said:

It's essentially Chubb for Jefferson straight up.

Ummmmm, it's not though.

I probably take jefferson here also, but this trade makes the chubb/allen team better for perhaps 3 years

Edited by ghostguy123
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

Oh wow, so did I when I contributed. It was an offshoot, let's say. No harm, no foul.

I prefer no blood, no foul.  Worse case scenario, go rub some dirt on it.

• Laughing 1
4 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Ummmmm, it's not though.

I probably take jefferson here also, but this trade makes the chubb/allen team better for perhaps 3 years

In his 8 pro seasons, Keenan Allen has only once received 1200 yards. 

So what’s 29 year old Allen worth to you? Multiple firsts? 

Edited by Edgar
9 hours ago, Edgar said:

In his 8 pro seasons, Keenan Allen has only once received 1200 yards. 

So what’s 29 year old Allen worth to you? Multiple firsts? 

Not multiple unless its pick 12 this year and future 1st of a loaded team.

He is a very good WR and will continue to see a lot of targets from his up and coming 2nd year QB.

I can easily see Allen in the top 10-15 WR scoring a couple more times and almost certainly this year.

There is value in points, even if those points are projected to come to an end in 3 years.

Like I said, I probably go jefferson, it just might take 2-3 years to break even then maybe another year or so to reap the bigtime benefits, in which case Jefferson will be 26 or so which still puts him in 1st round startup territory if he maintains what he looks like he will.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Not multiple unless its pick 12 this year and future 1st of a loaded team.

He is a very good WR and will continue to see a lot of targets from his up and coming 2nd year QB.

I can easily see Allen in the top 10-15 WR scoring a couple more times and almost certainly this year.

There is value in points, even if those points are projected to come to an end in 3 years.

Like I said, I probably go jefferson, it just might take 2-3 years to break even then maybe another year or so to reap the bigtime benefits, in which case Jefferson will be 26 or so which still puts him in 1st round startup territory if he maintains what he looks like he will.

It's interesting we take the same side of the deal and where I view it as roughly Jefferson = Chubb & 2 2nds = Allen, you think Allen is very undervalued by this metric. So that means you think Jefferson is leaps and bounds superior to Chubb

16 hours ago, frae said:

Team 1 Gives Nick Chubb and Keenan Allen

Team 2 Gives Justin Jefferson, Jeff Wilson, and two 2022 2nd round picks.

I love me some Justin Jefferson but I think Chubb/Allen wins here.  Not sure how you get that trade without a 1st being included, even if it is a future one.  Not terribly uneven but Jeff Wilson can't be trusted at all and I'm a Niner fan.

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC

I gave up: Josh Jacobs, Robert Tonyan, DJ Chark

I got: Miles Sanders, OBJ

I'd say you did good here.  Before Drake signed in LV, this might have gone the other way and I'm sure some people go with the other side but I'm not a Chark fan and Big Bob Tonyan doesn't move the needle enough for me to not take Sanders and OBJs come back.  I just hop he can find his way on to another team.

35 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I love me some Justin Jefferson but I think Chubb/Allen wins here.  Not sure how you get that trade without a 1st being included, even if it is a future one.  Not terribly uneven but Jeff Wilson can't be trusted at all and I'm a Niner fan.

Just looking at a couple startups I was doing, jefferson went 6 in one and 8 in the other.

Chubb went 12 in one and 22 in the other.

Allen went 54 and 58.

Fairly small sample size but those ADPs would be startup pick 7 for picks 17 and 56.  Pick 56 basically represents a future 1st in these. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Edgar said:

It's interesting we take the same side of the deal and where I view it as roughly Jefferson = Chubb & 2 2nds = Allen, you think Allen is very undervalued by this metric. So that means you think Jefferson is leaps and bounds superior to Chubb

I think Jefferson is definitely worth a lot more than Chubb.  Chubb will likely have his upside capped for at least one more year by Hunt, maybe two years in which he will then be 27.  

When Chubb is 30 Jefferson will be smack in the middle of his prime years, not to mention I think Jefferson probably scores as much or more than Chubb every year over the next few years.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I think Jefferson is definitely worth a lot more than Chubb.  Chubb will likely have his upside capped for at least one more year by Hunt, maybe two years in which he will then be 27.  

When Chubb is 30 Jefferson will be smack in the middle of his prime years, not to mention I think Jefferson probably scores as much or more than Chubb every year over the next few years.  

Woof. I wouldn't put much money on that.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, BINGBING said:

12 team PPR Superflex with .25 points per carry

Gave - 1.02, 1.12

Got Akers, Fuller, 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd

In a heartbeat. Well, maybe a couple beats.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
31 minutes ago, BINGBING said:

Gave - 1.02, 1.12

I see a lot of Akers trades, and I’d think most people will like this trade, but I’m tentative on him a bit. Seems bold to ship Akers and fuller for the 1.02 though. 1.12=2022 picks. 

eta: looking at his yr 1 stats and not his playoff usage really looks bad. He was a beast in the playoffs, I’ll be curious to see what his usage is through the season this year. 

Edited by Snorkelson
54 minutes ago, BINGBING said:

Gave - 1.02, 1.12

Probably Akers, but the 1.12 is a sneaky good piece in PPR Superflex. I have a SF tier drop after 12 (5 QBs, 3 RBs, Pitts, Chase/Smith/Waddle).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Edgar said:

Probably Akers, but the 1.12 is a sneaky good piece in PPR Superflex. I have a SF tier drop after 12 (5 QBs, 3 RBs, Pitts, Chase/Smith/Waddle).

I still own 1.01, 1.07, 2.01, 2.02, 2.07, and 3.11.  That obviously matters in this context, as I will be making moves to get back into that range.  I don't even like Will Fuller, so he will also be used to move back up.

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

same

2 hours ago, BINGBING said:

I still own 1.01, 1.07, 2.01, 2.02, 2.07, and 3.11.  That obviously matters in this context, as I will be making moves to get back into that range.  I don't even like Will Fuller, so he will also be used to move back up.

OK. Your trade makes sense now. That 1.02 is valuable in SF, but not as much as the 1.01.

21 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

Gave: Gus Edwards

got: Rojo 

Today's news sucks then.

Or you bought low on a young back!

Edited by rockaction
1 minute ago, mzkp54 said:

Haha hopefully buying low. Made the move after the Gio news. 

Jones wasn’t used in the passing game anyway and Gio can’t be used as a runner anymore. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Jones wasn’t used in the passing game anyway and Gio can’t be used as a runner anymore. 

And it’s not like Gus doesn’t have competition for touches. 

On 4/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, smbkrypt24 said:

12 team PPR. 1 qb.

gave: 1.07, 2022 2nd

got: 1.11, 2022 1st

Having a hard time thinking why you'd want to move down in the draft to get a presumably late first rounder next year. Looks to me like, if things stay constant, you've given up the 1.07 and next year's 2.07 for the 1.11 this year and the 1.11 next year. Not a big fan, really, unless you're looking at a late riser and someone at 1.11 that others might be grabbing late in the first after the draft happens and you don't have a tier break. Then I could see it.

People are forgetting how good McCaffrey was when he played last year. Still a cheat code. I think he averaged around twenty-eight points last year in Half-PPR. Yeah, he did. That's just insane. You're trusting Sean McVay a lot with that deal. And Akers, too. I don't know. The 1.04 is right after the tier break of the big three and you're giving up the 1.06 for the 1.12, too.

Dunno. That's a tough one. The two second rounders might swing it the Akers way. Big boy trade, for sure.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chad Parsons said:

12-team 1QB PPR

Cam Akers, Damien Harris, 1.04, 1.12, 2.08, 2.11

FOR

Christian McCaffrey, 1.06

Moving from 1.06 to 1.04 is not negligible, but ultimately this is CMC for Akers/1.12 and a bunch of nickels and I take CMC by a good bit in that equation.

I should definitely qualify this though that I was a known Akers doubter coming into the league and on top of that I loathe buying 2nd year RBs coming off a hot finish to their rookie year.  I find them to be the worst value and worst risk/reward ratio in all of fantasy football.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12-team TE Prem Best Ball

Marvin Jones, Dan Arnold, David Njoku

FOR

John Brown, TY Hilton

I'll take the roster spot

4 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12-team 1QB PPR

FOR

Holy crikey. Earlier I listened to a debate between Taylor and CMC at 1.01 in a single QB FFPC startup. Among the biggest arguments that really caught my ear was the fact that CMC is still only 24. Every time I hear that I seem to be reminded of it. This will be his 25yo season but still. It bears repeating that getting 3 more elite CMC type seasons is not out of the question. The other strong point was that despite the (incredibly effing high) volume of touches for CMC, he is elite when it comes to avoiding big hits and shielding his body. 

I really love Akers, and partly for situation. That Rams defense looks nastier than ever. Stafford is a massive upgrade (adjustment period notwithstanding). There could be a lot of positive gamescripts for them. But after overanalyzing this stuff, I'm thinking that part of any potential preference for Akers (aside from a 3 years age gap) would have to be some kind of belief that he will get a very respectable amount of receiving work. I can believe in a 2nd year leap for Akers re:receptions but not if they're not trailing in a lot of games. And I haven't looked but I'm curious on the Rams SB odds right now because I might need to jump on that. Straight up I'd take TB but the Rams could be really dominant. 

I don't know where Taylor fits in there because Wentz/Reich is both promising and unknown whether it will work but not sure Taylor gets the receiving work to justify taking over CMC at 1.01. He might get 2000 yards and 15 TDs though. That defense is good too. 

All that to say the Carolina Panthers defense is probably pretty crappy this year and as far as game scripts in PPR are concerned, CMC by a landslide. And I really love Akers. If I was in love with Pitts and had a plan then maybe going from 1.06 to 1.04 with all the other liquid dart throws might sway me. But I take CMC.

3 hours ago, rockaction said:

People are forgetting how good McCaffrey was when he played last year. Still a cheat code. I think he averaged around twenty-eight points last year in Half-PPR. Yeah, he did. That's just insane. You're trusting Sean McVay a lot with that deal. And Akers, too. I don't know. The 1.04 is right after the tier break of the big three and you're giving up the 1.06 for the 1.12, too.

Dunno. That's a tough one. The two second rounders might swing it the Akers way. Big boy trade, for sure.

I didn't forget that at all but I did forget he was only 24. I drew the 1 spot in a lot of leagues last year somehow. Variance was finally on my side and then ####. But I started the heck out of him in those 3 games and he *did* deliver those weeks. Other argument dude made was that he is like having a WR1 *and* a RB1 at the same time in just one spot. 

13 hours ago, rockaction said:

Having a hard time thinking why you'd want to move down in the draft to get a presumably late first rounder next year. Looks to me like, if things stay constant, you've given up the 1.07 and next year's 2.07 for the 1.11 this year and the 1.11 next year. Not a big fan, really, unless you're looking at a late riser and someone at 1.11 that others might be grabbing late in the first after the draft happens and you don't have a tier break. Then I could see it.

My view on the 1.07 is that it will be one of Williams, Waddle, D. Smith.  I am not that enamored with those options and at 1.11 I will pick from Lawrence, Bateman, Moore, Marshall, RB/WR riser.  I need QB help so if Lawrence falls I am fine taking him otherwise I like those WR options very similar to what I would get at 1.07.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Moving from 1.06 to 1.04 is not negligible, but ultimately this is CMC for Akers/1.12 and a bunch of nickels and I take CMC by a good bit in that equation.

I should definitely qualify this though that I was a known Akers doubter coming into the league and on top of that I loathe buying 2nd year RBs coming off a hot finish to their rookie year.  I find them to be the worst value and worst risk/reward ratio in all of fantasy football.

David Johnson fits your profile perfectly and won a lot of leagues in his second year. I’m expecting something similar for Akers this year.

36 minutes ago, kutta said:

David Johnson fits your profile perfectly and won a lot of leagues in his second year. I’m expecting something similar for Akers this year.

Oh for sure, nothing is 100%.  Just those guys bust more often than not while being priced as if they are sure things.  They probably bust at a higher rate than top rookies while being more expensive than them.  They are seen as "safer" but it's an illusion, and you're usually paying that premium for a lessor talent due to that illusion.

Put another way, Akers startup ADP is 1.07 right now.  That's roughly where Zeke and Saquon were drafted in startups as rookies.  If we're talking about paying the same price to me Zeke and Saquon as rookies before having ever stepped on an NFL field were a safer play (and not to mention with a higher ceiling, imo) than Akers after a small handful of good games in the NFL.

Just my $.02 of course, but every year it seems like we have these guys (last year it was Miles Sanders) and for every one that turns into league winner David Johnson there are a whole bunch that just see their value precipitously drop year after year.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Hurts, 1.05
I got Mayfield, 1.04, 2.10

So you got the better qb, better 1st, and a 2.10 on top of it? Is the owners team name “Big Tasty?”

Edited by Snorkelson
Goldberg’s reference if you have no idea
  • Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

So you got the better qb, better 1st, and a 2.10 on top of it? Is the owners team name “Big Tasty?”

I would much rather have Hurts than Mayfield, personally.  Baker QB26 in PPG last year with everything going right in Cleveland.  Snooze.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I would much rather have Hurts than Mayfield, personally.  Baker QB26 in PPG last year with everything going right in Cleveland.  Snooze.

Not everything went right. The weather conditions were crazy for a big stretch there last year. Biggest thing I saw with him is that I think he really took a step forward in his development. But I actually would rather have Hurts straight up myself. But this wasn't straight up and I like Mayfield more than most. 

13 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

According to some rankings and calcs but I do think most people prefer Hurts. Mayfield is more or less guaranteed to be the franchise QB for 10 years where Hurts still has to become that guy. But yeah I like the bump and the 2.10 as well.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12-team 1QB PPR

FOR

This is a lot to give up but I still take the CMC side.  Akers should be good but there is something to a player that can be RB1 every year for the next few.  A good return but nothing guaranteed to be even close to the monster CMC is.

3 hours ago, kutta said:

Didn't Kerryon Johnson, as well?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

My view on the 1.07 is that it will be one of Williams, Waddle, D. Smith.  I am not that enamored with those options and at 1.11 I will pick from Lawrence, Bateman, Moore, Marshall, RB/WR riser.  I need QB help so if Lawrence falls I am fine taking him otherwise I like those WR options very similar to what I would get at 1.07.

Bateman's ADP as of now is number six. The RB/WR riser is definitely in play at 1.11. Sermon with third round draft capital, maybe? Even though we're at Footballguys and it's par for the course to pooh-pooh it, Matt Waldman's first ranking of him is having an industry effect, which will mean a subsequent rise in ADP. I do like your thinking that you can get a riser at eleven. That's what I was saying in my initial assessment. I get it if that's your thought, and it is.

Edited by rockaction
32 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Bateman's ADP as of now is number six. The RB/WR riser is definitely in play at 1.11. Sermon with third round draft capital, maybe? Even though we're at Footballguys and it's par for the course to pooh-pooh it, Matt Waldman's first ranking of him is having an industry effect, which will mean a subsequent rise in ADP. I do like your thinking that you can get a riser at eleven. That's what I was saying in my initial assessment. I get it if that's your thought, and it is.

Where do you see Batemans ADP at 6? Most rankings I see have him from 7-9

what does the rest of the ADP show? top 12

Edited by smbkrypt24
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

Where do you see Batemans ADP at 6? Most rankings I see have him from 7-9

what does the rest of the ADP show? top 12

Sure. I'm going off of DLF rookie ADP per their mocks.

It goes Harris, Chase, Etienne, Williams, Pitts, Bateman, Smith, Waddle, R. Moore, Lawrence, Gainwell, Marshall, E. Moore, J. Fields, A. Ra-St. Brown, Hubbard, Jermar Jefferson, Michael Carter

The informational note to the rankings is this:

"This ADP data is drawn from Rookie-Only dynasty mock drafts organized by @RyanMc23. These rookie mock drafts are not run year-round. They are only operated a few months every year, usually January through May. Once live rookie drafts begin occuring on MyFantasyLeague, the MFL Rookie ADP is used in place of the this data."