• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

25 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team, SF, PPR start 2 IDP

Gave: Pittman, Roquan Smith

Got: ‘22 1st, Jaylon Smith, Lavonte David

Easy for your side

5 hours ago, rockaction said:

Sure. I'm going off of DLF rookie ADP per their mocks.

It goes Harris, Chase, Etienne, Williams, Pitts, Bateman, Smith, Waddle, R. Moore, Lawrence, Gainwell, Marshall, E. Moore, J. Fields, A. Ra-St. Brown, Hubbard, Jermar Jefferson, Michael Carter

The informational note to the rankings is this:

"This ADP data is drawn from Rookie-Only dynasty mock drafts organized by @RyanMc23. These rookie mock drafts are not run year-round. They are only operated a few months every year, usually January through May. Once live rookie drafts begin occuring on MyFantasyLeague, the MFL Rookie ADP is used in place of the this data."

Bateman over Smith and Waddle delegitimize these mocks

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Edgar said:

You're not drafting with what should be, you're drafting with what is. There's no illegitimacy in it.

Just because consensus experts rank them differently, or you think they should be different, doesn't take away from the volume and character of the mocks. They are the vox populi, and that's what you'll be drafting with or against. Jermar Jefferson and Chuba Hubbard in the top twenty are mighty questionable after their pro days, too, but that's where they are.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 7
6 hours ago, Edgar said:

You've been watching too much Dynasty Flock videos, he hammers anyone who tries to rank Bateman over Smith or Javonte Williams over ETN.  I'm not saying he's wrong, but he is a "Group Think" kind of Youtuber.  I personally like Waddle over both.  Does that make me wrong?  I don't know, but I have an opinion.  Either way, I don't go go against "Group Think" without reason, my reasons.   I personally rank them Chase, Waddle, Smith, Bateman.   I think the difference between 3 and 4 are close and I could easily flip them and have it Chase, Waddle, Bateman, Smith.  The outlier here is Elijah Moore, but the hype is greater than the reality IMO from a fantasy perspective.  Now that doesn't mean an NFL team wouldn't draft Moore over one of these guys, but let's remember that Ruggs was the first WR taken in the NFL draft last year.

ETA:  I only mentioned Dynasty Flock as an example when it comes to Devonta Smith vs Bateman.  You may never have even heard of him for all I know.

Edited by JohnnyU
6 hours ago, Edgar said:

I was definitely leaning Bateman over Smith and Waddle prior to pro-days. Bateman supposedly had a massive size advantage but still had the speed, production, breakout age, etc. Things are a little closer/muddier now, draft capital and landing spot are going to influence their final true ADP a lot IMO, although I think Smith falls to the end of the tier for a lot of people scared off by his atypical size.

7 hours ago, rockaction said:

You're not drafting with what should be, you're drafting with what is. There's no illegitimacy in it.

Just because consensus experts rank them differently, or you think they should be different, doesn't take away from the volume and character of the mocks. They are the vox populi, and that's what you'll be drafting with or against. Jermar Jefferson and Chuba Hubbard in the top twenty are mighty questionable after their pro days, too, but that's where they are.

Meh. Reminds me of startup SF mocks a month ago when Austin Ekeler goes ahead of Trevor Lawrence. Then real SF drafts happen and Ekeler goes 5th-6th round and Lawrence never gets out of the first

Edited by Edgar
1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Meh. Reminds me of startup SF mocks a month ago when Austin Ekeler goes ahead of Trevor Lawrence. Then real SF drafts happen and Ekeler goes 5th-6th round and Lawrence never gets out of the first

That's a fair point. I guess I was just posting the best we have right now. Surely it will change, and not just because of the draft. When the rubber meets the road, there's sure to be alterations.

3 hours ago, Edgar said:

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

That's a fair point. I guess I was just posting the best we have right now. Surely it will change, and not just because of the draft. When the rubber meets the road, there's sure to be alterations.

I asked for his list since it was slightly different than most rankings I have seen.  I did go back to the ADP for drafts and took another glance at it.  

I agree that this time of the year is not when you cement your rankings, but I like to evaluate the higher end prospects to see where I want to end up in the rookie draft.  Most of the mock rankings are just regurgitated rankings posters see elsewhere, but I still like to see those rankings because I could have a big discrepancy than others and it help me.  The NFL draft is a big part of my evaluation/rankings.

2 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team, 0.5 PPR, SF

Mostert for 2.11/3.01

Huh. Superflex? I traded Mostert last year around playoff time for the 2.07, so I'm pretty sure I'd do something similar like that again. Whether that is wise is another thing, but I think it was for my team, who is mediocre and needs a fluff, if not a rebuild.

12 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

let's remember that Ruggs was the first WR taken in the NFL draft last year...

Let's remember the Raiders have a track record of falling in love with track speed

On 4/13/2021 at 1:02 PM, Snorkelson said:

So you got the better qb, better 1st, and a 2.10 on top of it? Is the owners team name “Big Tasty?”

I don't think he got the better QB. Hurst is surely more risky but has a huge upside - Mayfield's ceiling is likely a low end QB1, but he's more likely to be a mid-range QB2 which are a dime a dozen.

21 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Before the NFL draft where we know landing spots means that all of this is speculation anyways.  Not sure any of it is completely "legitimate".  It is all a guess right now so take of it what you will.

Maybe it's just that I'm getting older and less interested in fantasy football but each of the last few seasons I move closer and closer to not even caring about "ranking" the rookies until after the NFL draft.

I have guys I really like a lot now - but outside of the "top" guys I'll figure it all out after I see the draft capital spent and landing spots on each player before I'll care about who is my WR6 v my WR7/8/9....

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1
4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

FFPC, not involved:

Team A gave: Chubb, N'keal Harry

Team B gave: Aiyuk, 1.10, Rashaad Penny

It comes out to something approximate to Aiyuk and Marshall.

I like Aiyuk quite a bit. But I think I'd need more than that for Chubb. 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Maybe it's just that I'm getting older and less interested in fantasy football but each of the last few seasons I move closer and closer to not even caring about "ranking" the rookies until after the NFL draft.

I have guys I really like a lot now - but outside of the "top" guys I'll figure it all out after I see the draft capital spent and landing spots on each player before I'll care about who is my WR6 v my WR7/8/9....

I agree...  there are a small group who excite me now, but until I see who lands where, I will not expend too much energy or time devising a plan or ranking.  I need that crucial piece of info to make it real.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I don't think he got the better QB. Hurst is surely more risky but has a huge upside - Mayfield's ceiling is likely a low end QB1, but he's more likely to be a mid-range QB2 which are a dime a dozen.

Not in SF, but I agree about Hurts.

• Like 2
On 4/13/2021 at 11:18 AM, barackdhouse said:

According to some rankings and calcs but I do think most people prefer Hurts. Mayfield is more or less guaranteed to be the franchise QB for 10 years where Hurts still has to become that guy. But yeah I like the bump and the 2.10 as well.

I think people are being way too generous with Baker in assuming he will be a franchise QB for 10 years.

I absolutely can envision plenty of scenarios where his job is in jeopardy next season.  When I said basically everything went right in Cleveland last year I was mostly referring to the defense, offensive line, and running game all playing at elite levels which makes any QB's job easy and allowed Baker to just be a game manager without carrying anything on his shoulders while the team won games.

If Cleveland struggles next year, as the majority of the prior year's borderline playoff teams typically do, Cleveland could pretty easily find themselves in the market for a new QB.  If the defense flounders and Baker is forced to be more aggressive again and returns to his 20+ INT ways.  If the O-line takes a step back and Baker starts seeing ghosts again where he immediately scrambles on every play like he was prone to do in 2019, etc.

I think he has a much more tenuous hold on that starting gig than people consider.  And I also think people still are way too confident on an above average team from one year remaining an above average team the next year, which as we've seen literally hundreds of times is often not the case.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I'm right here with you.  I'll read up on the 1st round guys but that is more out of boredom because there is no football right now.  The NFL draft changes way too much to be set on rankings now.  I think age and patience has something to do with that.  Lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, menobrown said:

FFPC, not involved:

Team A gave: Chubb, N'keal Harry

Team B gave: Aiyuk, 1.10, Rashaad Penny

This seems pretty light for Chubb.  I'm not even a huge Chubb fan with Hunt there but Penny isn't worth a ton to me (neither is Harry) and I like Aiyuk but I would say the pick would need to be top 4 or should have another late 1st or 2nd included.

2 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This seems pretty light for Chubb.  I'm not even a huge Chubb fan with Hunt there but Penny isn't worth a ton to me (neither is Harry) and I like Aiyuk but I would say the pick would need to be top 4 or should have another late 1st or 2nd included.

I agree Penny and Harry are not worth much and frankly surprised people rostered Harry after cuts.

But I would trade Chubb all day every day if I was getting 4 and Aiyuk. I thought the trade was a little towards the Chubb side, I think 4/Aiyuk would have been heavily lopsided the other way.

4 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think people are being way too generous with Baker in assuming he will be a franchise QB for 10 years.

I absolutely can envision plenty of scenarios where his job is in jeopardy next season. 

I can envision those scenarios as well, and perhaps 10 years is too generous, but I pretty strongly disagree with your take on Baker. On the Browns as a team, sure I can see regression and any number of things that could go wrong, but I saw Baker make major strides last year in terms of how he played the game. #1 on that list is/was pocket presence. Which IMO has always been one of the top two or three traits that define whether a developing young QB becomes that guy or not. If you had asked me a year ago I would have said he is about to bust if he can't figure out how to move around and within the pocket instead of always bailing to the same side. I really didn't like him going into last year. But I saw major development from him.

My take here is not based on anything like Baker went #1 and the Browns are married to him. No, no, he will have to continue to earn it, and to your point that hold can be tenuous. This squad of mine has a long way to go but for the price of moving *up* from 1.05 to 1.04 and getting paid the 2.10 to do it, I don't see Hurts as an impediment to that. 

This deal *might* be the difference between getting Pitts or not. I would not be surprised if the other guy thinks he can get him at 5 and loved the Hurts upgrade enough to do it. Because I'm thinking seriously of taking Pitts here.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I agree Penny and Harry are not worth much and frankly surprised people rostered Harry after cuts.

But I would trade Chubb all day every day if I was getting 4 and Aiyuk. I thought the trade was a little towards the Chubb side, I think 4/Aiyuk would have been heavily lopsided the other way.

Me too. That's more like what I'd hope to get.

I think Chubb is stuck on my rosters for a long time - and I'm fine with that.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
12 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I can see that but if I were a Chubb owner, that is the type of offer it would require.  I'm a Niner fan and like Aiyuk but he could end up being just another WR2 (or worse) which can always be found.  Almost all of his damage last year came when Kittle and Samuel were hurt plus he has had injuries.  He doesn't move the needle enough when talking about top 5 RB upside that is always hard to come by.  A late pick like 10 has way too much bust potential or potential to be just another Aiyuk to give up a player like Chubb to me.

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I can see that but if I were a Chubb owner, that is the type of offer it would require.  I'm a Niner fan and like Aiyuk but he could end up being just another WR2 (or worse) which can always be found.  Almost all of his damage last year came when Kittle and Samuel were hurt plus he has had injuries.  He doesn't move the needle enough when talking about top 5 RB upside that is always hard to come by.  A late pick like 10 has way too much bust potential or potential to be just another Aiyuk to give up a player like Chubb to me.

If you see it that way sure but reality is while Chubb is a very talented player he's a 25 year old RB with a high of RB8. He has ZERO chance to be a top 5 RB IMO so long as Hunt is healthy.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Just now, menobrown said:

If you see it that way sure but reality is while Chubb is a very talented player he's a 25 year old RB with a high of RB8. He has ZERO chance to be a top 5 RB IMO so long as Hunt is healthy.

That is why I said "upside".  He led the league in rushing a couple of years ago.  He finished top 10 last year while missing 4 games.  I just don't make it a habit of trading top 5 talent at the RB position for multiple WR2s.  Just bad business IMO and I'm not even crazy high on Chubb.  

Just now, Jonesin For Some Football said:

That is why I said "upside".  He led the league in rushing a couple of years ago.  He finished top 10 last year while missing 4 games.  I just don't make it a habit of trading top 5 talent at the RB position for multiple WR2s.  Just bad business IMO and I'm not even crazy high on Chubb.  

Right but not many people are in the business of trading low end RB1's for a all time WR or TE talent like Chase/Pitts plus an Aiyuk either. That's why I'm saying 4/Aiyuk is to much. No one is disagreeing with you on 10/Aiyuk.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, menobrown said:

The upside of things is that playing with Hunt may extend the usable part of his career by a year or two, maybe more. So I'd take a top 10 guy for 6-8 years versus a top 5 guy for 4-6, just as a rough example.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Right but not many people are in the business of trading low end RB1's for a all time WR or TE talent like Chase/Pitts plus an Aiyuk either. That's why I'm saying 4/Aiyuk is to much. No one is disagreeing with you on 10/Aiyuk.

I think we are kind of making the same points.  I'm not saying Pitts/Chase and Aiyuk isn't enough.  Just saying that is what it would take for me to move Chubb.  I tend to value RBs higher than some.  Just from my experience in fantasy football for many years.  That is how I like to build my teams.  There is a chance that Williams is there at 4 too and no guarantee that the 3rd RB in a weak RB class is great either.  Chase and Pitts could miss too (not predicting that).  Just too much unknown so I would need to get paid to get out from Chubb.  I think I would have to get in to that top tier.  Maybe 5 and take the 1st player in the 2nd tier.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The upside of things is that playing with Hunt may extend the usable part of his career by a year or two, maybe more. So I'd take a top 10 guy for 6-8 years versus a top 5 guy for 4-6, just as a rough example.

I think people have finally come around to Chubb's somewhat limited upside with Hunt there, but are still overestimating Chubb's floor with Hunt there.

I know I just did this same exercise with Baker, but I'll say it again with Chubb.  Chubb just put up a top 10 season (RB8 in PPG) with Hunt in town.  But that was with Cleveland having it's best season of the last couple decades.  That was with Cleveland winning 11 games with a good defense that allowed them to finish top 5 in rush attempts with lots of scoring opportunities and a season full of positive game scripts (which favor Chubb over Hunt, while negative game scripts favor the opposite).

Let's not forget the year prior, when Cleveland was struggling, Chubb was barely a low RB2 (RB23 in PPG) in the 8 games he played with Hunt as Cleveland fell near the bottom of the league in rush attempts and had lots of negative game scripts.

So for Chubb we have something like...

• Mid/low RB1 when Cleveland is a playoff team
  • Mid/low RB2 when Cleveland is bad

Given the history of the Browns, and how often playoff teams regress (Eagles, 9ers, Texans were all playoff teams in 2019) I'm not sure I want to bet on paying mid RB1 prices for a guy with Mid RB1 upside that likely only maintains so long as the NFL's worst franchise overachieves.

Chubb's age complicates things more because while a young RB can shake off a disappointing RB2 seasons, a guy in Chubb's age bracket gets hit 5x as hard by it.  If the Browns stink this year and Chubb enters next offseason coming off a mid RB2 season headed into his age 27 season his value will be peanuts relative to where it is now.

Of course I hate to say all of this because I love Chubb's talent as a runner, and don't disagree at all with the notion that he may be the best pure runner in the NFL.  But I've cut bait on all my dynasty teams for the reasons listed above, notably that he's basically priced at his upside with a fairly decent chance that he doesn't hit it.

Of course as things usually go with FF this probably means Hunt will get hurt in the preseason, Cleveland will somehow be even better next year, and Chubb will rush for 2500 yards or something :kicksrock:

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I think we are kind of making the same points.  I'm not saying Pitts/Chase and Aiyuk isn't enough.  Just saying that is what it would take for me to move Chubb.  I tend to value RBs higher than some.  Just from my experience in fantasy football for many years.  That is how I like to build my teams.  There is a chance that Williams is there at 4 too and no guarantee that the 3rd RB in a weak RB class is great either.  Chase and Pitts could miss too (not predicting that).  Just too much unknown so I would need to get paid to get out from Chubb.  I think I would have to get in to that top tier.  Maybe 5 and take the 1st player in the 2nd tier.

I'm in 100 agreement on the bolded and understood you saying 4 and Aiyuk were comparable.

I don't have any more to add on Chubb then what Freebagel just laid out other then to just say I just don't think due to his situation and age he's as valuable as you do. I will not argue on his talent. I have other RB's I'd not sacrifice for 4/Aiyuk so to me this is not about how you or I value RB's, it's how we value Chubb's fantasy outlook.

Oddly enough you threw out top 4 pick as just an example and the team that just got Chubb actually owns pick 4. He tried offering me that pick for Kamara early this off-season and I did not think it was close and frankly would have said no for 4/Aiyuk. Just two days ago I tried offering him James Robinson, my RB5, for the 4 and he thought it was not close.

I just mention all of this to say it's not so much how you or I value RB's, it's the value we put on certain RB's.

18 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I'm in 100 agreement on the bolded and understood you saying 4 and Aiyuk were comparable.

I don't have any more to add on Chubb then what Freebagel just laid out other then to just say I just don't think due to his situation and age he's as valuable as you do. I will not argue on his talent. I have other RB's I'd not sacrifice for 4/Aiyuk so to me this is not about how you or I value RB's, it's how we value Chubb's fantasy outlook.

Oddly enough you threw out top 4 pick as just an example and the team that just got Chubb actually owns pick 4. He tried offering me that pick for Kamara early this off-season and I did not think it was close and frankly would have said no for 4/Aiyuk. Just two days ago I tried offering him James Robinson, my RB5, for the 4 and he thought it was not close.

I just mention all of this to say it's not so much how you or I value RB's, it's the value we put on certain RB's.

Good insight.  I agree there and I'm not really high on Chubb.  Maybe I should have said 5 and Aiyuk to get out of that top tier as you make good points.  4/Aiyuk wouldn't be close for me to move Kamara either.  We are close to the same thoughts here.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, menobrown said:

If James Robinson is your RB5, I would say - you don't need anyone's advice here 😂

In any event, we have just identified where that person values top 5 picks.  In actuality, you can't go pick for guy if that guy is a top 5 RB - year over year.  Requesting that and having that rationale immediately eliminates you from being in my trade circles.  I don't have high value in picks, in fact - I prefer to stock pile a group of picks in particular areas of the draft (depending on draft depth) to try and hit big on a guy.  I have done this year over year in leagues and allowed me to hit on guys like Gibson & Herbert, etc.  Picks are difficult and my issue is holding onto someone for too long for them never to pan out.  You cannot get a bonafide stud RB unless he has 1 foot in the grave for merely 1 draft pick.  

1 hour ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

If James Robinson is your RB5, I would say - you don't need anyone's advice here 😂

In any event, we have just identified where that person values top 5 picks.

To be fair Robinson was my RB3 in terms of performance last year, based on what I've seen this year he's my 5th ranked RB in fantasy community and by me at this time but he's not far away from 3 and 4.

And you are correct IMO on the team and this being  a window into how they view draft picks, which is to say heavily.

• Like 2

12 team PPR, 1QB, not involved

Team A gives Juju

Team B gives the 1.10 

Team A told me afterward he offered him straight up to every team between 1.06 and 1.12 and got turned down by all, then the 1.10 owner hit him up a week later and asked if it was still on the table. 

Edited by wlwiles
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

So for Chubb we have something like...

• Mid/low RB1 when Cleveland is a playoff team
  • Mid/low RB2 when Cleveland is bad

Given the history of the Browns, and how often playoff teams regress (Eagles, 9ers, Texans were all playoff teams in 2019) I'm not sure I want to bet on paying mid RB1 prices for a guy with Mid RB1 upside that likely only maintains so long as the NFL's worst franchise overachieves.

Great post. I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I'm not sure I follow the RB2 grouping even on a ppg basis.

In 2019 the Browns went 6-10 and Chubb finished with 285/1453/8 run and 35/47/277/0 receiving lines. That would put him in a  tier that year with Fournette, Henry, and Ekeler behind another cutoff  at Elliot and Jones, with only McCaffrey's extreme outlier for the ages season above. That RB#8 finish looks at worst like low RB1, but the argument could be made for mid I think. There was about twice as many high end RB score totals in 2019 as compared to 2020.

In 2020 the playoff Browns went 11-5. He was hurt and missed 4 games after leaving the Dallas game (which went on to a 49-38 result) with 6/43 on the ground. I know I know about these kind of projections, but I think they're interesting and he was so consistent last year it feels pretty true... so, if you leave out the Dallas game and extrapolate a full season from what he produced you'd have a top 4 finish with lines that looked like:  255/1375/17 run and 24/26/225/0

So to each their own obviously, but he looks remarkably consistent both of his non-Rookie seasons regardless of the Browns team finish and both those years look like mid RB1 numbers to me... or maybe low RB1 with a conservative spin. A mid/low RB2 rating seems overly pessimistic given what he's done... especially considering Hunt's presence. What happens if Hunt is the one that gets hurt this year?

Also, he won't be 26 until late December so he's a youngish 25 and probably looking at 2-3 more prime performance years at least. 

Totally agree with Jonesin's assessment of that trade and Andy's point.

14 minutes ago, Adso said:

Great post. I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I'm not sure I follow the RB2 grouping even on a ppg basis.

In 2019 the Browns went 6-10 and Chubb finished with 285/1453/8 run and 35/47/277/0 receiving lines. That would put him in a  tier that year with Fournette, Henry, and Ekeler behind another cutoff  at Elliot and Jones, with only McCaffrey's extreme outlier for the ages season above. That RB#8 finish looks at worst like low RB1, but the argument could be made for mid I think. There was about twice as many high end RB score totals in 2019 as compared to 2020.

Right but the point here is with Hunt in the fold. Look up his splits that year from after Hunt joined the team after serving his suspension. 

If I recall (on my phone atm) in those 8 games Chubb was RB23. 

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

12 team PPR, 1QB, not involved

Team A gives Juju

Team B gives the 1.10 

Team A told me afterward he offered him straight up to every team between 1.06 and 1.12 and got turned down by all, then the 1.10 owner hit him up a week later and asked if it was still on the table. 

I see what both teams are doing...team B gets a known quantity while Team A is probably looking to move on from Juju as his upside is starting to feel limited...as long as I had solid depth at WR I would take the 1.10 and see if I can nail that pick.

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Chubb 1 yr deal + Beckham 2 year deal

for

2022 1st, 2022 2nd and $30 (Traded to defending champ so likely 1.15 or 1.16 next year the rich get richer)

It's going to be impossible for most of you to comprehend this kind of BoTH league trade with contracts since you don't understand how it works.  When the contract is up the player becomes a RFA (you can franchise 1 guy per year so Chubb will be franchised next year and possible traded and net more than what he gave up).

The $30 is used for RFA/FA we get $50 a year it rolls over.

20 minutes ago, Dez said:

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

for

2022 1st, 2022 2nd and $30 (Traded to defending champ so likely 1.15 or 1.16 next year the rich get richer)

It's going to be impossible for most of you to comprehend this kind of BoTH league trade with contracts since you don't understand how it works.  When the contract is up the player becomes a RFA (you can franchise 1 guy per year so Chubb will be franchised next year and possible traded and net more than what he gave up).

This trade makes me want to go out and join a contract league  :no:

1 hour ago, Dez said:

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

for

Kind of getting off topic but I love these leagues.  I actually am surprised how similar these rules are to my league (each team can franchise 1 player with an expired contract per year, and can transition tag 1 player whereby they have the opportunity to match the winning RFA bid to retain the player).  I started the league around 15+ years ago and didn't realize there were others with such similar rules.

The only thing I don't like about that format is I am the commish of that league and it is WAY more work to run than a typical league.  I used to be a software dev so I long toyed with the idea of building out a website to make all of the contract stuff more automated but never got around to it.  With the amount of time I put into updating everything manually on MFL I probably could have just done it by now and come out ahead.

Anyway, as to the trade itself, even with my experience in similar leagues that is way light for Chubb.  My league is only 12 teams and even with that you can always find a buyer for someone like Chubb on an expired deal who will pay 70-80% of his price and that's after you've gotten to use him all year.  In 16 teams I would imagine it's even easier to find a buyer on expired contract player since the talent is more spread out and hence there are probably a good handful of teams each offseason that don't have someone as good as Chubb to use their franchise tag on already.

8 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I think age and patience has something to do with that.  Lol.

I've got one but not the other. I agree with Dr. Octopus that there's no pen or marker to paper until the draft, but my patience is also killing me...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The only thing I don't like about that format is I am the commish of that league and it is WAY more work to run than a typical league.  I used to be a software dev so I long toyed with the idea of building out a website to make all of the contract stuff more automated but never got around to it.  With the amount of time I put into updating everything manually on MFL I probably could have just done it by now and come out ahead.

I run 3 of these kind of leagues and also help run in 2 others.  The commish work in these are insanity and I am not sure you do the same kind of RFA/FA we do which is ebay style bidding so even during the season if you want a FA you have go bid on them during the week and there is a 24 hour clock and it resets on every bid so $1, $2, ect........

When all bids are won I have to go in an process them manually and update the money manually.

All trades have to be ok'ed both on MFL and on the forum we use and I must process them when double agreed upon.

Labor day each year everyone has to post their contracts of open players it takes me 2 hours per league to process.

Certainly no picnic but it is about as close to running an NFL franchise as we are going to get playing fantasy football.