What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

FFPC, not involved:

Team A gave: Chubb, N'keal Harry

Team B gave: Aiyuk, 1.10, Rashaad Penny
This seems pretty light for Chubb.  I'm not even a huge Chubb fan with Hunt there but Penny isn't worth a ton to me (neither is Harry) and I like Aiyuk but I would say the pick would need to be top 4 or should have another late 1st or 2nd included.

This seems pretty light for Chubb.  I'm not even a huge Chubb fan with Hunt there but Penny isn't worth a ton to me (neither is Harry) and I like Aiyuk but I would say the pick would need to be top 4 or should have another late 1st or 2nd included.
I agree Penny and Harry are not worth much and frankly surprised people rostered Harry after cuts.

But I would trade Chubb all day every day if I was getting 4 and Aiyuk. I thought the trade was a little towards the Chubb side, I think 4/Aiyuk would have been heavily lopsided the other way.

I think people are being way too generous with Baker in assuming he will be a franchise QB for 10 years.

I absolutely can envision plenty of scenarios where his job is in jeopardy next season. 
I can envision those scenarios as well, and perhaps 10 years is too generous, but I pretty strongly disagree with your take on Baker. On the Browns as a team, sure I can see regression and any number of things that could go wrong, but I saw Baker make major strides last year in terms of how he played the game. #1 on that list is/was pocket presence. Which IMO has always been one of the top two or three traits that define whether a developing young QB becomes that guy or not. If you had asked me a year ago I would have said he is about to bust if he can't figure out how to move around and within the pocket instead of always bailing to the same side. I really didn't like him going into last year. But I saw major development from him.

My take here is not based on anything like Baker went #1 and the Browns are married to him. No, no, he will have to continue to earn it, and to your point that hold can be tenuous. This squad of mine has a long way to go but for the price of moving *up* from 1.05 to 1.04 and getting paid the 2.10 to do it, I don't see Hurts as an impediment to that. 

This deal *might* be the difference between getting Pitts or not. I would not be surprised if the other guy thinks he can get him at 5 and loved the Hurts upgrade enough to do it. Because I'm thinking seriously of taking Pitts here.

I agree Penny and Harry are not worth much and frankly surprised people rostered Harry after cuts.

But I would trade Chubb all day every day if I was getting 4 and Aiyuk. I thought the trade was a little towards the Chubb side, I think 4/Aiyuk would have been heavily lopsided the other way.
Me too. That's more like what I'd hope to get.

I think Chubb is stuck on my rosters for a long time - and I'm fine with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can see that but if I were a Chubb owner, that is the type of offer it would require.  I'm a Niner fan and like Aiyuk but he could end up being just another WR2 (or worse) which can always be found.  Almost all of his damage last year came when Kittle and Samuel were hurt plus he has had injuries.  He doesn't move the needle enough when talking about top 5 RB upside that is always hard to come by.  A late pick like 10 has way too much bust potential or potential to be just another Aiyuk to give up a player like Chubb to me.

I can see that but if I were a Chubb owner, that is the type of offer it would require.  I'm a Niner fan and like Aiyuk but he could end up being just another WR2 (or worse) which can always be found.  Almost all of his damage last year came when Kittle and Samuel were hurt plus he has had injuries.  He doesn't move the needle enough when talking about top 5 RB upside that is always hard to come by.  A late pick like 10 has way too much bust potential or potential to be just another Aiyuk to give up a player like Chubb to me.
If you see it that way sure but reality is while Chubb is a very talented player he's a 25 year old RB with a high of RB8. He has ZERO chance to be a top 5 RB IMO so long as Hunt is healthy.

If you see it that way sure but reality is while Chubb is a very talented player he's a 25 year old RB with a high of RB8. He has ZERO chance to be a top 5 RB IMO so long as Hunt is healthy.
That is why I said "upside".  He led the league in rushing a couple of years ago.  He finished top 10 last year while missing 4 games.  I just don't make it a habit of trading top 5 talent at the RB position for multiple WR2s.  Just bad business IMO and I'm not even crazy high on Chubb.  

That is why I said "upside".  He led the league in rushing a couple of years ago.  He finished top 10 last year while missing 4 games.  I just don't make it a habit of trading top 5 talent at the RB position for multiple WR2s.  Just bad business IMO and I'm not even crazy high on Chubb.  
Right but not many people are in the business of trading low end RB1's for a all time WR or TE talent like Chase/Pitts plus an Aiyuk either. That's why I'm saying 4/Aiyuk is to much. No one is disagreeing with you on 10/Aiyuk.

The upside of things is that playing with Hunt may extend the usable part of his career by a year or two, maybe more. So I'd take a top 10 guy for 6-8 years versus a top 5 guy for 4-6, just as a rough example.

Right but not many people are in the business of trading low end RB1's for a all time WR or TE talent like Chase/Pitts plus an Aiyuk either. That's why I'm saying 4/Aiyuk is to much. No one is disagreeing with you on 10/Aiyuk.
I think we are kind of making the same points.  I'm not saying Pitts/Chase and Aiyuk isn't enough.  Just saying that is what it would take for me to move Chubb.  I tend to value RBs higher than some.  Just from my experience in fantasy football for many years.  That is how I like to build my teams.  There is a chance that Williams is there at 4 too and no guarantee that the 3rd RB in a weak RB class is great either.  Chase and Pitts could miss too (not predicting that).  Just too much unknown so I would need to get paid to get out from Chubb.  I think I would have to get in to that top tier.  Maybe 5 and take the 1st player in the 2nd tier.

The upside of things is that playing with Hunt may extend the usable part of his career by a year or two, maybe more. So I'd take a top 10 guy for 6-8 years versus a top 5 guy for 4-6, just as a rough example.
I think people have finally come around to Chubb's somewhat limited upside with Hunt there, but are still overestimating Chubb's floor with Hunt there.

I know I just did this same exercise with Baker, but I'll say it again with Chubb.  Chubb just put up a top 10 season (RB8 in PPG) with Hunt in town.  But that was with Cleveland having it's best season of the last couple decades.  That was with Cleveland winning 11 games with a good defense that allowed them to finish top 5 in rush attempts with lots of scoring opportunities and a season full of positive game scripts (which favor Chubb over Hunt, while negative game scripts favor the opposite).

Let's not forget the year prior, when Cleveland was struggling, Chubb was barely a low RB2 (RB23 in PPG) in the 8 games he played with Hunt as Cleveland fell near the bottom of the league in rush attempts and had lots of negative game scripts.

So for Chubb we have something like...

• Mid/low RB1 when Cleveland is a playoff team
  • Mid/low RB2 when Cleveland is bad
Given the history of the Browns, and how often playoff teams regress (Eagles, 9ers, Texans were all playoff teams in 2019) I'm not sure I want to bet on paying mid RB1 prices for a guy with Mid RB1 upside that likely only maintains so long as the NFL's worst franchise overachieves.

Chubb's age complicates things more because while a young RB can shake off a disappointing RB2 seasons, a guy in Chubb's age bracket gets hit 5x as hard by it.  If the Browns stink this year and Chubb enters next offseason coming off a mid RB2 season headed into his age 27 season his value will be peanuts relative to where it is now.

Of course I hate to say all of this because I love Chubb's talent as a runner, and don't disagree at all with the notion that he may be the best pure runner in the NFL.  But I've cut bait on all my dynasty teams for the reasons listed above, notably that he's basically priced at his upside with a fairly decent chance that he doesn't hit it.

Of course as things usually go with FF this probably means Hunt will get hurt in the preseason, Cleveland will somehow be even better next year, and Chubb will rush for 2500 yards or something :kicksrock:

I think we are kind of making the same points.  I'm not saying Pitts/Chase and Aiyuk isn't enough.  Just saying that is what it would take for me to move Chubb.  I tend to value RBs higher than some.  Just from my experience in fantasy football for many years.  That is how I like to build my teams.  There is a chance that Williams is there at 4 too and no guarantee that the 3rd RB in a weak RB class is great either.  Chase and Pitts could miss too (not predicting that).  Just too much unknown so I would need to get paid to get out from Chubb.  I think I would have to get in to that top tier.  Maybe 5 and take the 1st player in the 2nd tier.
I'm in 100 agreement on the bolded and understood you saying 4 and Aiyuk were comparable.

I don't have any more to add on Chubb then what Freebagel just laid out other then to just say I just don't think due to his situation and age he's as valuable as you do. I will not argue on his talent. I have other RB's I'd not sacrifice for 4/Aiyuk so to me this is not about how you or I value RB's, it's how we value Chubb's fantasy outlook.

Oddly enough you threw out top 4 pick as just an example and the team that just got Chubb actually owns pick 4. He tried offering me that pick for Kamara early this off-season and I did not think it was close and frankly would have said no for 4/Aiyuk. Just two days ago I tried offering him James Robinson, my RB5, for the 4 and he thought it was not close.

I just mention all of this to say it's not so much how you or I value RB's, it's the value we put on certain RB's.

I'm in 100 agreement on the bolded and understood you saying 4 and Aiyuk were comparable.

I don't have any more to add on Chubb then what Freebagel just laid out other then to just say I just don't think due to his situation and age he's as valuable as you do. I will not argue on his talent. I have other RB's I'd not sacrifice for 4/Aiyuk so to me this is not about how you or I value RB's, it's how we value Chubb's fantasy outlook.

Oddly enough you threw out top 4 pick as just an example and the team that just got Chubb actually owns pick 4. He tried offering me that pick for Kamara early this off-season and I did not think it was close and frankly would have said no for 4/Aiyuk. Just two days ago I tried offering him James Robinson, my RB5, for the 4 and he thought it was not close.

I just mention all of this to say it's not so much how you or I value RB's, it's the value we put on certain RB's.
Good insight.  I agree there and I'm not really high on Chubb.  Maybe I should have said 5 and Aiyuk to get out of that top tier as you make good points.  4/Aiyuk wouldn't be close for me to move Kamara either.  We are close to the same thoughts here.

If James Robinson is your RB5, I would say - you don't need anyone's advice here 😂

In any event, we have just identified where that person values top 5 picks.  In actuality, you can't go pick for guy if that guy is a top 5 RB - year over year.  Requesting that and having that rationale immediately eliminates you from being in my trade circles.  I don't have high value in picks, in fact - I prefer to stock pile a group of picks in particular areas of the draft (depending on draft depth) to try and hit big on a guy.  I have done this year over year in leagues and allowed me to hit on guys like Gibson & Herbert, etc.  Picks are difficult and my issue is holding onto someone for too long for them never to pan out.  You cannot get a bonafide stud RB unless he has 1 foot in the grave for merely 1 draft pick.  

If James Robinson is your RB5, I would say - you don't need anyone's advice here 😂

In any event, we have just identified where that person values top 5 picks.
To be fair Robinson was my RB3 in terms of performance last year, based on what I've seen this year he's my 5th ranked RB in fantasy community and by me at this time but he's not far away from 3 and 4.

And you are correct IMO on the team and this being  a window into how they view draft picks, which is to say heavily.

12 team PPR, 1QB, not involved

Team A gives Juju

Team B gives the 1.10 

Team A told me afterward he offered him straight up to every team between 1.06 and 1.12 and got turned down by all, then the 1.10 owner hit him up a week later and asked if it was still on the table. 

So for Chubb we have something like...

• Mid/low RB1 when Cleveland is a playoff team
  • Mid/low RB2 when Cleveland is bad
Given the history of the Browns, and how often playoff teams regress (Eagles, 9ers, Texans were all playoff teams in 2019) I'm not sure I want to bet on paying mid RB1 prices for a guy with Mid RB1 upside that likely only maintains so long as the NFL's worst franchise overachieves.
Great post. I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I'm not sure I follow the RB2 grouping even on a ppg basis.

In 2019 the Browns went 6-10 and Chubb finished with 285/1453/8 run and 35/47/277/0 receiving lines. That would put him in a  tier that year with Fournette, Henry, and Ekeler behind another cutoff  at Elliot and Jones, with only McCaffrey's extreme outlier for the ages season above. That RB#8 finish looks at worst like low RB1, but the argument could be made for mid I think. There was about twice as many high end RB score totals in 2019 as compared to 2020.

In 2020 the playoff Browns went 11-5. He was hurt and missed 4 games after leaving the Dallas game (which went on to a 49-38 result) with 6/43 on the ground. I know I know about these kind of projections, but I think they're interesting and he was so consistent last year it feels pretty true... so, if you leave out the Dallas game and extrapolate a full season from what he produced you'd have a top 4 finish with lines that looked like:  255/1375/17 run and 24/26/225/0

So to each their own obviously, but he looks remarkably consistent both of his non-Rookie seasons regardless of the Browns team finish and both those years look like mid RB1 numbers to me... or maybe low RB1 with a conservative spin. A mid/low RB2 rating seems overly pessimistic given what he's done... especially considering Hunt's presence. What happens if Hunt is the one that gets hurt this year?

Also, he won't be 26 until late December so he's a youngish 25 and probably looking at 2-3 more prime performance years at least. 

Totally agree with Jonesin's assessment of that trade and Andy's point.

Great post. I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I'm not sure I follow the RB2 grouping even on a ppg basis.

In 2019 the Browns went 6-10 and Chubb finished with 285/1453/8 run and 35/47/277/0 receiving lines. That would put him in a  tier that year with Fournette, Henry, and Ekeler behind another cutoff  at Elliot and Jones, with only McCaffrey's extreme outlier for the ages season above. That RB#8 finish looks at worst like low RB1, but the argument could be made for mid I think. There was about twice as many high end RB score totals in 2019 as compared to 2020.
Right but the point here is with Hunt in the fold. Look up his splits that year from after Hunt joined the team after serving his suspension. 

If I recall (on my phone atm) in those 8 games Chubb was RB23. 

12 team PPR, 1QB, not involved

Team A gives Juju

Team B gives the 1.10 

Team A told me afterward he offered him straight up to every team between 1.06 and 1.12 and got turned down by all, then the 1.10 owner hit him up a week later and asked if it was still on the table. 
I see what both teams are doing...team B gets a known quantity while Team A is probably looking to move on from Juju as his upside is starting to feel limited...as long as I had solid depth at WR I would take the 1.10 and see if I can nail that pick.

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Chubb 1 yr deal + Beckham 2 year deal

for

2022 1st, 2022 2nd and $30 (Traded to defending champ so likely 1.15 or 1.16 next year the rich get richer)

It's going to be impossible for most of you to comprehend this kind of BoTH league trade with contracts since you don't understand how it works.  When the contract is up the player becomes a RFA (you can franchise 1 guy per year so Chubb will be franchised next year and possible traded and net more than what he gave up).

The $30 is used for RFA/FA we get $50 a year it rolls over.

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

for

2022 1st, 2022 2nd and $30 (Traded to defending champ so likely 1.15 or 1.16 next year the rich get richer)

It's going to be impossible for most of you to comprehend this kind of BoTH league trade with contracts since you don't understand how it works.  When the contract is up the player becomes a RFA (you can franchise 1 guy per year so Chubb will be franchised next year and possible traded and net more than what he gave up).

This trade makes me want to go out and join a contract league   :no:

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

for

Kind of getting off topic but I love these leagues.  I actually am surprised how similar these rules are to my league (each team can franchise 1 player with an expired contract per year, and can transition tag 1 player whereby they have the opportunity to match the winning RFA bid to retain the player).  I started the league around 15+ years ago and didn't realize there were others with such similar rules.

The only thing I don't like about that format is I am the commish of that league and it is WAY more work to run than a typical league.  I used to be a software dev so I long toyed with the idea of building out a website to make all of the contract stuff more automated but never got around to it.  With the amount of time I put into updating everything manually on MFL I probably could have just done it by now and come out ahead.

Anyway, as to the trade itself, even with my experience in similar leagues that is way light for Chubb.  My league is only 12 teams and even with that you can always find a buyer for someone like Chubb on an expired deal who will pay 70-80% of his price and that's after you've gotten to use him all year.  In 16 teams I would imagine it's even easier to find a buyer on expired contract player since the talent is more spread out and hence there are probably a good handful of teams each offseason that don't have someone as good as Chubb to use their franchise tag on already.

FreeBaGeL said:
The only thing I don't like about that format is I am the commish of that league and it is WAY more work to run than a typical league.  I used to be a software dev so I long toyed with the idea of building out a website to make all of the contract stuff more automated but never got around to it.  With the amount of time I put into updating everything manually on MFL I probably could have just done it by now and come out ahead.
I run 3 of these kind of leagues and also help run in 2 others.  The commish work in these are insanity and I am not sure you do the same kind of RFA/FA we do which is ebay style bidding so even during the season if you want a FA you have go bid on them during the week and there is a 24 hour clock and it resets on every bid so $1, $2, ect........

When all bids are won I have to go in an process them manually and update the money manually.

All trades have to be ok'ed both on MFL and on the forum we use and I must process them when double agreed upon.

Labor day each year everyone has to post their contracts of open players it takes me 2 hours per league to process.

Certainly no picnic but it is about as close to running an NFL franchise as we are going to get playing fantasy football.

14 Team PPR IDP not invoved

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

I hate this deal for Team A. I think he could have gotten a better RB at 1.01
I don't hate it because of Jacobs.  I don't like the 1.13 part of it.  I'd like a bit higher pick, not that Team B necessarily had a 1.08 or 1.09 lying around.

14 Team SF PPR i am not involved

Team A got Swift

Team B Sutton, 22 1st, 23 1st

Team B is rebuilding, and has been trying to move Swift. 
What a haul for Swift in SF. Very impressive. 

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

1.01 by half of the 1.01. This is a slaughter.

14 Team SF PPR i am not involved

Team A got Swift

Team B Sutton, 22 1st, 23 1st

Team B is rebuilding, and has been trying to move Swift. 
Sutton and the two picks...Swift looks like he'll be a good one but this is a very nice haul for him...if Sutton picks up where he was pre-injury this could really turn out to be a great deal.

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

1.1 pretty easily...you need to get more than that for that pick...honest question but does team A know the Raiders signed Drake?    

Team A got Jacobs, 1.13

Team B got 1.01

Tell me this deal was at least made before Drake signed, Riddick resigned, and they traded/cut all their O-line?  It was bad then and now it is just an absolutely robbery.  Very bad deal for Team A.

im rebuilding and i cant even get 2 firsts for saquon in my league. so to get that plus sutton is a very nice haul for swift
I semi-seriously shopped CMC about a month ago just to see if anyone would offer a ransom and I couldn't get more than one first + Ekeler for him. 

Guys like CMC and Barkley are hard to deal.  You need to be able to trade to the ideal trade partner that either had loaded roster or a ton of picks from a 2-3 year rebuild.

Otherwise you just arent able to get top 2 value.  People dont want to deplete their rosters and have waiver guys in their starting lineups.

Tell me this deal was at least made before Drake signed, Riddick resigned, and they traded/cut all their O-line?  It was bad then and now it is just an absolutely robbery.  Very bad deal for Team A.
Nope don't understand it even without that. He is not one of the most astute owners. 

He could have had which ever RB landed in the best spot vs Jacobs & a project WR

14 team PPR

Gave:

McLaurin, Claypool, Jakobi Meyers

Got:

Davante Adams, Curtis Samuel
If you're win now, the Adams side. If you're like my team, the McLaurin side, but I'm pretty sure calcs would have Adams side by ADP, anyway. The Samuel for Meyers part makes it pretty even, actually. I'm high on Samuel, but also on Claypool and McLaurin, though I see why there are reasons to sell both.

One is that McLaurin will share targets with Samuel now and compete to be the apple of a new QBs eye. Then Claypool has off-the-field stuff like being already called a "diva" and the (admittedly posh and weird looking) bar fight he was involved in that they showed on TMZ.

So Adams still has Rodgers and Samuel is now WR2 in Washington while McLaurin, even though most say he's freed up now, competes for targets and Claypool also is still the third in line for targets, though his are deeper. And Claypool won't have Big Ben after this year, most likely.

So...there's my thought process.

If you're win now, the Adams side. If you're like my team, the McLaurin side, but I'm pretty sure calcs would have Adams side by ADP, anyway. The Samuel for Meyers part makes it pretty even, actually. I'm high on Samuel, but also on Claypool and McLaurin, though I see why there are reasons to sell both.

One is that McLaurin will share targets with Samuel now and compete to be the apple of a new QBs eye. Then Claypool has off-the-field stuff like being already called a "diva" and the (admittedly posh and weird looking) bar fight he was involved in that they showed on TMZ.

So Adams still has Rodgers and Samuel is now WR2 in Washington while McLaurin, even though most say he's freed up now, competes for targets and Claypool also is still the third in line for targets, though his are deeper. And Claypool won't have Big Ben after this year, most likely.

So...there's my thought process.
Appreciate the breakdown of your thought process, we honestly share a lot of the same viewpoints on the players, within the context of this deal. I’m big on Claypool and McLaurin, but I’m win now (defending multiple title appearances in a row although I lost this past season) and couldn’t resist Adams. I actually rejected his initial offer two days ago, but he loves McLaurin so he checked back in with me to price match one last time before going for another deal. I added the Samuel for Meyer swap and took the plunge. 

14 team PPR

Gave:

McLaurin, Claypool, Jakobi Meyers

Got:

Davante Adams, Curtis Samuel
There is a huge x-factor here...QB's...Ben looks like he is probably in his last year, who knows what the future QB situation is with Washington, if there is a God Cam will not be the QB for the Pats past preseason and Rodgers and the Packers always seem to have a little drama going on as well...due to that this deal could look far different in a year (good or bad...for either side)...no doubt this is a fair deal but to really judge it I would need to see who the other WRs are on each team...IMO roster construction would really determine whether I would make this deal (on either side)...I will say that Samuel is a nice addition to Adams as he is still only 24 and appears to still have more fantasy upside.

There is a huge x-factor here...QB's...Ben looks like he is probably in his last year, who knows what the future QB situation is with Washington, if there is a God Cam will not be the QB for the Pats past preseason and Rodgers and the Packers always seem to have a little drama going on as well...due to that this deal could look far different in a year (good or bad...for either side)...no doubt this is a fair deal but to really judge it I would need to see who the other WRs are on each team...IMO roster construction would really determine whether I would make this deal (on either side)...I will say that Samuel is a nice addition to Adams as he is still only 24 and appears to still have more fantasy upside.
Yeah, I didn't address the WAS QB situation uphtread when I first thought about it. Fitzmagic is on a one-year deal and all WAS has is Heinecke and Allen backing him up. As for NE, I don't even think Cam matters because it doesn't seem to me like Jakobi Meyers is really even fantasy viable anymore. I think NE drafts somebody to be outside and Bourne plays slot when they go three-wide. Not to mention that NE should run a lot of 12 personnel this year, or if they don't, they like to have a fullback, too, so there's only two receivers seeing the field an awful lot. All is not trending upwards for Jakobi, that's for sure. He's actually a cut candidate on my roster, TBH.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded Josh Jacobs and 2021 4.11

Received 1.08 and 2021 6.01

My reasoning - I am still solid at RB (Barkley, Dillon, Dobbins, McCaffrey and pieces) and I just don't have a good feeling about what it happening in Las Vegas with them bringing in Drake.  This leaves me with 1.03/1.04/1.08.  With the 1.03/1.04, I am certain to get at least one of Harris/Etienne/Williams; with the 1.08, I can go BPA of a great group of options between Harris, Etienne, Williams, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Pitts and either Moore/Bateman/Lawrence.

Users who are viewing this thread