Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

6 minutes ago, spider321 said:

Thoughts/opinions?

Yes, the deal is done.

I like it, especially if Dixon was gone.  1.10 is kind of no man's land this year.  I had 1.10 and tried to make the same deal but couldn't find any buyers.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

8 minutes ago, spider321 said:

Thoughts/opinions?

Yes, the deal is done.

Good deal. I had the 1.10 and was not wowed by the prospective stock available at the 10. Tried to trade back into 2017 but had no takers. Ended up including it in a move up for the 1.02

• Like 1

Spike what it comes down to is this.

Cooks > a late first and a future second.   

You could value Goff more than a late first and value cooks a lot less than most people here and it would still be a little overpay - a lot of people here would prefer cooks to 1.5 and a future second,  and you'd be crazy to take Goff at 1.5 if it's not a super flex.   

You've got a strong team and you've earned the right to overpay for a guy you really want.   But the flip side of that is that you don't have to decide if you really want goff until you see him play.   Maybe you really want Wentz, or you really want tannehill, or some other guy who emerges this year.   You can almost certainly trade cooks for any of them after a good year.   The real question isn't whether it's a close trade, but why commit to the rookie before they do well.   It's not that it's necessarily a really bad trade,  it's that it's an unnecessarily kind-of-bad trade.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Spike said:

Tell me...  If people will not trade you a QB, what do you do?

Yes, I could have traded Cooks for a Ben Roethlisberger...or a Carson Palmer...or a Tony Romo...but, in each case, I would have had to put MORE than Cooks into the deal.

So, what do you do?

It is May,I wait it out. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, spider321 said:
On 5/19/2016 at 11:34 PM, spider321 said:

Gave: 1.10

Received: 2017 1st (probably mid to late)

Thoughts/opinions?

Yes, the deal is done.

Was it OTC?  I traded 1.10 OTC for 2.04 and a future 1st last week so obviously I prefer that, but if you tried to trade down and couldn't then league specifics might make the decision for me.  In a vacuum I prefer the 2017 pick but depending on league specifics and who's there I might just keep it.  Shepard in PPR, Hooper in a TE premium, Wentz in a 16 man, Dixon or Michael Thomas under any circumstance, Myles Jack in IDP tackle-heavy maybe.

17 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

:lmao:

"Hey guys, I'd like to get some opinions on this trade.  What's that?  Your opinions aren't that I made an awesome trade and am the best FF owner ever?  Well jeez I'm sorry for having an opinion.  I guess I'm not allowed to have one at all.  I thought this was America."

Never asked for opinions on this trade, just posted it.  I look at these posted trades because I figure that seeing them can help me see how others value players and picks.

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Never asked for opinions on this trade, just posted it.  I look at these posted trades because I figure that seeing them can help me see how others value players and picks.

the entire purpose of this thread is to approximate values based on the information that gets posted, feel free to ignore peoples discussions of your trades if you dont care about their opinions of them

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Agree in part. I mostly read these trades for a point-of-reference or a price check on player or pick value. I view trades listed on social media for the same reason.

And while the opinions expressed here are welcome and helpful in giving perspective as to someone's thinking, they are of limited value, since no can predict the future and none of us will ultimately know if any trade is good or bad for several months to several years. 

On a side note, I have noticed an increasingly harsh, nasty and rather self-righteous tone in the opinions expressed, which adds nothing to the discussion and discourages participation in the thread - which may explain why we have seen a gradual steady decline of trades posted, as compared to year's past.

29 minutes ago, squistion said:

Agree in part. I mostly read these trades for a point-of-reference or a price check on player or pick value. I view trades listed on social media for the same reason.

And while the opinions expressed here are welcome and helpful in giving perspective as to someone's thinking, they are of limited value, since no can predict the future and none of us will ultimately know if any trade is good or bad for several months to several years. 

On a side note, I have noticed an increasingly harsh, nasty and rather self-righteous tone in the opinions expressed, which adds nothing to the discussion and discourages participation in the thread - which may explain why we have seen a gradual steady decline of trades posted, as compared to year's past.

which chapter of Dynasty 101 is this from?

14 hours ago, spider321 said:

Thoughts/opinions?

Yes, the deal is done.

I was pleased when I unloaded 1.8 for a 2017#1 and it's expected to be a playoff teams pick so for sure like what you were able to do.

Conversely in a league I was able to win last year and would consider my team one of the favorites, point being not expected to be a high pick, I turned down 1.8 for my 17#1.

Everyone has their own opinions but in a standard PPR, one start QB league I viewed 6 players as worthy of a first round pick.Add one to that total if TE premium and add one to that total if not a PPR league so depending on league 6-7 players I thought worth a first round pick. Everyone else was second round picks getting pushed into the first. 

The reactions to trades are every bit as important to this thread as the trades themselves, if not more.  Seeing a posted trade with 10 people saying that one side clearly won is a lot more helpful in determining player values than just seeing the posted trade itself.  There are people out there that value players very differently than others.  Knowing which are outliers and which are not is invaluable.  A sample size of 1 is hardly worth anything.  A dozen?  Much better.

If people want to "defend" their trade and explain their reasoning then all the better.  That is good insight, as is the discussion that comes out of that.  Just don't get offended when the discussion coming out of that still disagrees with you.  No one thinks anything of you as a person, we just think you made a bad deal, and that knowledge is much more helpful to someone reading this thread than it would be to just see that Brandin Cooks was traded for Jared Goff and assume that means they have equal values since no one is saying anything about it.

I think "don't panic in May" is a great piece of dynasty advice that has come out of the last two pages that can really help people just reading through the thread.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Pwingles said:

I guess i skipped that chapter, along with the one about how to sell disturbingly low on a player, and the one about how to make bad trades and then catch feelings about it when people point it out :lmao:

You're doing a good job of adding an appendix for being overly snarky and condescending on public forums.  Seems a lot of people are taking that up so good job showing them how to do it correctly.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

No. You are just ultra sensitive.

55 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The reactions to trades are every bit as important to this thread as the trades themselves, if not more.  Seeing a posted trade with 10 people saying that one side clearly won is a lot more helpful in determining player values than just seeing the posted trade itself.  There are people out there that value players very differently than others.  Knowing which are outliers and which are not is invaluable.  A sample size of 1 is hardly worth anything.  A dozen?  Much better.

If people want to "defend" their trade and explain their reasoning then all the better.  That is good insight, as is the discussion that comes out of that.  Just don't get offended when the discussion coming out of that still disagrees with you.  No one thinks anything of you as a person, we just think you made a bad deal, and that knowledge is much more helpful to someone reading this thread than it would be to just see that Brandin Cooks was traded for Jared Goff and assume that means they have equal values since no one is saying anything about it.

I think "don't panic in May" is a great piece of dynasty advice that has come out of the last two pages that can really help people just reading through the thread.

This i am learning quickly :yes:

20 hours ago, squistion said:

So much for asking to just agree to disagree. Some people always have to get in the last word. :shrug:

2 hours ago, squistion said:

2 hours ago, squistion said:

One obviously you didn't bother to read. :coffee:

Edited by Pwingles
48 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

You're doing a good job of adding an appendix for being overly snarky and condescending on public forums.  Seems a lot of people are taking that up so good job showing them how to do it correctly.

Thanks man, it takes a lot of practice. Also, a lot of words. Appendix's aren't built overnight

i love you guys, the guy did the best he could, has great depth, knows his league well and made a decision.  Who are we to crap all over him.

back to trades 12 team ppr

team a- pick 1.6 moncrief

team b - maclin vjax

Edited by jadensdad
Forgot something
21 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

20 hours ago, squistion said:

So much for asking to just agree to disagree. Some people always have to get in the last word. :shrug:

Don't you love it when people prove you right? :pickle:

But take the last word, please.  Not that you could stop yourself. Your ego demands it. I promise I won't follow up. :hophead:

So, back to the trades...

Edited by squistion
7 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

team b - maclin vjax

I like Maclin. Vjax I would think is almost a non factor. 

1.6 and Moncrief are decent dart throws IMO but still dart throws. 

5 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

i love you guys, the guy did the best he could, has great depth, knows his league well and made a decision.  Who are we to crap all over him.

team b - maclin vjax

moncrief and the pick I think. especially if its someone like shepard/thomas/ or fuller if thats your cup of tea (isnt mine)

maclin I like a lot, VJax needs to be taken to pasture I think. Any type of anything you could confuse with value ( like the 3.08 ;) )is a good return for him IMO

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Don't you love it when people prove you right? :pickle:

But take the last word, please.  Not that you could stop yourself. Your ego demands it. I promise I won't follow up. :hophead:

Interesting how your comment would imply that everyone else is trying to get the last word in, but you continue to reply...

Also interesting how you project onto me that this is about ego, when the only one who wont admit your trade is bad, was you

I will have the last word, thank you.

It will be, Butterscotch

11 hours ago, spider321 said:

1.4 and 1.5

I am so much more comfortable with Treadwell than the other WR in this draft. I am much more in favor of (hypothetically) Treadwell, Miller/Perkins, Smallwood than Doctson, Shepard and 4.4.

Just now, Borden said:

I like Maclin. Vjax I would think is almost a non factor. 

1.6 and Moncrief are decent dart throws IMO but still dart throws. 

I wouldn't expect to get 1.6 or Moncrief for Maclin in most leagues. Maclin is a high pick in startups but people shy away from nonelite WR his age in trades this being an exception. 1.6+Moncrief is double value, I think. I'd put about an early 3rd value on VJax as he still has some life in him. However, you might be able to find someone high on Moncrief and add the pick to get Landry, Cobb or someone with a little more cache than Maclin. I would look for a better near-term upgrade to Moncrief by adding a mid 1st than Maclin.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, thriftyrocker said:

I wouldn't expect to get 1.6 or Moncrief for Maclin in most leagues. Maclin is a high pick in startups but people shy away from nonelite WR his age in trades this being an exception. 1.6+Moncrief is double value, I think. I'd put about an early 3rd value on VJax as he still has some life in him. However, you might be able to find someone high on Moncrief and add the pick to get Landry, Cobb or someone with a little more cache than Maclin. I would look for a better near-term upgrade to Moncrief by adding a mid 1st than Maclin.

I guess I value things different than you. 

In theory, Moncrief is going to get better and the pick is going to pan out. But I've taken my share of rookie busts on the chin not to expect them to pan out. Maclin seems to be in a decent situation in KC and I'm okay with starting him as my WR3. I don't think I should count on the 1.6 starting on my fantasy team Week 1. Moncrief, I don't feel good starting either. 

1 hour ago, jadensdad said:

team b - maclin vjax

I'd take Moncrief straight up over Maclin and the 1.6 is close to Maclin's value to me. VJAX is a throw away so big win for the team getting 1.6 and Moncrief.

That's my opinion anyway but in a FFPC league I saw someone get a whopping haul for Maclin last week of 2.1,2.8 and a 17#1.

9 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Gave  Ladarius green

got 2017 2nd

I would take Green, unless I was completely rebuilding

31 minutes ago, Borden said:

I guess I value things different than you. 

In theory, Moncrief is going to get better and the pick is going to pan out. But I've taken my share of rookie busts on the chin not to expect them to pan out. Maclin seems to be in a decent situation in KC and I'm okay with starting him as my WR3. I don't think I should count on the 1.6 starting on my fantasy team Week 1. Moncrief, I don't feel good starting either. 

I think this is fair and there's certainly something to be said for trading potential for these unexciting players that just produce.  I actually think Maclin is a pretty good buy right now, he was WR9 and WR15 the last two years and is only 28.

That said, I tend to agree that based on perceived value you sold low on Moncrief and/or bought high on Maclin.  According to FBG dynasty rankings this was WR21+WR30 for WR40.  Obviously rankings don't get you actual points and if that's what had to be done than so be it, but it illustrates that there was a lot of value tossed away that perhaps could have been used elsewhere if the Maclin owner wasn't particularly looking to sell.  It seems like most people would be looking to throw something in with Maclin to get either one of these guys, not adding nothing to get both.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
35 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think this is fair and there's certainly something to be said for trading potential for production.  I actually think Maclin is a pretty good buy right now, he was WR9 and WR15 the last two years.

That said, I tend to agree that based on perceived value you sold low on Moncrief and/or sold high on Maclin.  According to FBG dynasty rankings this was WR21+WR30 for WR40.  If that's what had to be done than so be it, but there was a lot of value tossed away that perhaps could have been used elsewhere if the Maclin owner wasn't particularly looking to sell.

Was not my trade or league. I wasn't even the one that posted it. Just said I liked the Maclin side. 

*Side note: which rookie WR do they have at the 1.06? Guessing it's Shepard or Thomas?* Edit: It's Shepard.

This is where value and production don't split. Could this person have gotten more for 1.06 and Moncreif as far as a trade? Maybe but what? Maclin was WR9 and WR15 the last two years. If we just go with the average that WRs slow decline, then we have 5 years of Maclin as mid WR2. That's a reasonable expectation. But that's production and we are talking about perceived value or trade value. 

To me, what could the 1.06 and Moncreif have netted as far as higher producing current WRs? 

Also, watch out for the FBG dynasty rankings. That Jeff guy has Moncreif at WR18, Cooks at WR35 and Maclin at WR58. His rankings pretty much throw the whole thing out of wack because there's only a couple rankings up. 

Edited by Borden
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I would take Green, unless I was completely rebuilding

I was going to quote the other guy too but didn't want to back a page up. We are post draft so no picks to snipe this year, and if green is worth more than 2017 2nd then he's overvalued IMO. SD has an old tight end and he's been in their system but they let him go (cap issues maybe?). Miller was, for most of his career, a good ffl back up te. It's not a target rich environment assuming bell and ab are good to go, even then you can argue that the rest of those targets are split between Coates/Wheaton/dhb/James, and green. 

17 hours ago, thriftyrocker said:

12 team 0.5 ppr qb, 2rb, 2wr, flex, te, d, k

Brady, Tyrod, Aiken

for

Cam, Amendola

Why ?

15 hours ago, Nero said:

Gave 1.4, 1.5 and 4.4

Received 1.2, 2.2 and 3.2

Where was this guy when I was sitting on the clock at the 1.2 in my draft the other day.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Gave  Ladarius green

got 2017 2nd

8 hours ago, One More Rep said:

Green for me

Ditto...people in my leagues would not part with him for less than a 1st

7 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Was it OTC?  I traded 1.10 OTC for 2.04 and a future 1st last week so obviously I prefer that, but if you tried to trade down and couldn't then league specifics might make the decision for me.  In a vacuum I prefer the 2017 pick but depending on league specifics and who's there I might just keep it.  Shepard in PPR, Hooper in a TE premium, Wentz in a 16 man, Dixon or Michael Thomas under any circumstance, Myles Jack in IDP tackle-heavy maybe.

You hit the lottery finding someone willing to make a pretty bad trade not everyone is going to be that lucky.  I tried to trade the 1.06 straight up for a 2017 1st got zero takers.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****