Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

Just now, mzkp54 said:

Blockbuster

Gave: Russel Gage/3.12

Got: Damien Harris/4.06

Love these type of trades, means it is an active league...while always painful dipping into the Pats backfield I would go with Harris as the depth he gives you at RB will be more important than the depth Gage gives you at WR.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1849

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1157

  • FreeBaGeL

    1039

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

3 minutes ago, Boston said:

Love these type of trades, means it is an active league...while always painful dipping into the Pats backfield I would go with Harris as the depth he gives you at RB will be more important than the depth Gage gives you at WR.

I agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boston said:

Love these type of trades, means it is an active league...while always painful dipping into the Pats backfield I would go with Harris as the depth he gives you at RB will be more important than the depth Gage gives you at WR.

If it's PPR I think I disagree. Gage is actually usable whereas Harris is...a Patriots running back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If it's PPR I think I disagree. Gage is actually usable whereas Harris is...a Patriots running back. 

You don't want to play either but IMO when it is around week 11 and the injuries are piling up it will be a lot easier to trade for/pick-up on waivers a Gage than a Harris...always a bad situation when the RB depth is depleted.

Edited by Boston
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't like this at all really.  Losing Barkley, 1.3 and a 22 1st means you may have lost the 3 best pieces in this trade.  You did make yourself better this year so if that was your only goal then that was successful but I'd say this is selling low on Barkley & 1.3 and lost next year's 1st on top of that.

No doubt it was an overpay if you look at the Barkley's perceived value. It was my experience that people are hesitant to jump into Barkley after two season ending injuries in a row. I don't blame them, I'm hesitant too and wanted to get out now. I could have waited for him to come back and see if he was the old Barkley and got more but didn't want to risk it. I'm still strong at RB with 3 top 15 options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgar said:

There had to be a better way to improve your WR/QB without gutting your roster.

I understand your concern. It was a lot to give up for sure. It was a move to win though so my roster is not gutted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mark Football said:

12 team PPR 1QB....Needed to upgrade my wrs and qb in a big way if I wanted to compete this year. So I was busy this weekend. I gave up a lot so hopefully it gives me a good chance to win. After all was done it came out to basically this.

Gave: Barkley, G. Davis,1.03, 1.11 2022 1st

Got: A. Rodgers, D. Swift, Mclaurin, Aiyuk, 2.03, 2022 2nd

I don't think I would have done that.  I don't mind trading Barkley for that, but it's the 1.3 that kills you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark Football said:

If I win, my death will have been worth it!

I'm glad you're pleased, because at the end of the day that is all that matters.  Good luck this year.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Football said:

No doubt it was an overpay if you look at the Barkley's perceived value. It was my experience that people are hesitant to jump into Barkley after two season ending injuries in a row. I don't blame them, I'm hesitant too and wanted to get out now. I could have waited for him to come back and see if he was the old Barkley and got more but didn't want to risk it. I'm still strong at RB with 3 top 15 options.

It all comes down to how you feel about the player as his value is going to be a bit low after getting hurt.  I just hate selling low personally.  If you don't have the heart to stick it out and you are happy with the return then it isn't terrible but I think I would have held fast on giving up that extra 1st on top of 1.3 too.  I get your feelings but not something I could do.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, Chad Parsons said:

12tm SF 2TE Devy (medium depth)

Giovani Bernard, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

FOR

Jordan Love, 4.05 (later devy pick)

 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, Chad Parsons said:

12tm SF 2TE Devy (medium depth)

Anthony Firkser

FOR

3.01 (mid-range devy pick)

 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:04 PM, Chad Parsons said:

12tm 1QB PPR (shallow-ish rosters)

Giovani Bernard, JD McKissic

FOR

Darrell Henderson

To be brutally honest, I don't want any of the players from either side of any of these deals.  These feel like tinkering for the sake of tinkering rather than trying to improve your team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tangfoot said:

 

 

To be brutally honest, I don't want any of the players from either side of any of these deals.  These feel like tinkering for the sake of tinkering rather than trying to improve your team.

So all of those players should be dropped instead?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12-team 1QB

Josh Allen

FOR

Deshaun Watson, 22 1st, 22 2nd (both projected from a non-playoff which earned the 1.01 in 2021)

Terrible trade in a 1QB league, this looks like SF pricing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 9:43 PM, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Not involved. 1QB PPR.

Team A trades Travis Kelce

Team B trades George Kittle, 2.03

I would need a lot more than the 2.03 to move down to an injury-prone Kittle.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jadensdad said:

12 team ppr  ( not involved)

team a - jeudy

team b - Micheal Thomas

This appears to be a classic example of selling early to get out from under an aging WR.  Jeudy could be worth this in November, but I vastly prefer MT in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chad Parsons said:

So all of those players should be dropped instead?

They're all roster cloggers or speculative plays further out than one season.  Firkser could have some back-end TE1 value this season, and that's well and good for the 3.01.  I don't follow college so I have no idea what kind of devy talent you're looking at at this point in your draft, but I suspect it would be something like devy15-20 overall.  That seems like pure speculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

How about:

Team A gave Jeudy, 1.10

Team B gave Michael Thomas

What you’re really looking at here is Jeudy and Terrace Marshall for Thomas.  It doesn’t sound as bad when you look at it that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

What you’re really looking at here is Jeudy and Terrace Marshall for Thomas.  It doesn’t sound as bad when you look at it that way.

or since you are playing the long game, try to move 1.10 to an interested party during the draft. Maybe borderline playoff team for 2022 1st. Then it could really be worth it if you end up at the top of 2022 draft with it. I know, I know- easier said than done, but worth the try.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't like this at all really.  Losing Barkley, 1.3 and a 22 1st means you may have lost the 3 best pieces in this trade.  You did make yourself better this year so if that was your only goal then that was successful but I'd say this is selling low on Barkley & 1.3 and lost next year's 1st on top of that.

He might have given up too much overall, but how are the 1.3 and a 22 1st the other 2 top 3 pieces of this trade?

Swift is > 1.3. Also either WR is > 22 1st. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I would need a lot more than the 2.03 to move down to an injury-prone Kittle.

Other than last season where he missed 8 games, he’s missed 3 total games in his other 3 seasons.

So basically a broken bone in his foot  last year makes him “injury prone” in your mind?

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

or since you are playing the long game, try to move 1.10 to an interested party during the draft. Maybe borderline playoff team for 2022 1st. Then it could really be worth it if you end up at the top of 2022 draft with it. I know, I know- easier said than done, but worth the try.

I believe 2022 will be a weak draft for RBs (only Hall for me, Spiller = meh) and now with Pickens' ACL injury, it hurts WRs.   Perhaps good at the top with Bell and Burks.  I'm not an Olave truther.  It is good at QB however.  2023 1sts is what you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I would need a lot more than the 2.03 to move down to an injury-prone Kittle.

Kelce is 31 years old.  Whats Kittle, 25?  As someone who made big moves for AJ Green and Jamaal Charles in the twilights of their career right before the wheels fell off,  this is not a deal I would even come close to considering unless I was getting Kelce plus the pick.  Only way is if you are going all in on 2021.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Kelce is 31 years old.  Whats Kittle, 25?  As someone who made big moves for AJ Green and Jamaal Charles in the twilights of their career right before the wheels fell off,  this is not a deal I would even come close to considering unless I was getting Kelce plus the pick.  Only way is if you are going all in on 2021.  

Not picking a side on the trade but Kittle is sneaky old, he is 27 now and will be 28 in Oct.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frae said:

Not picking a side on the trade but Kittle is sneaky old, he is 27 now and will be 28 in Oct.

If you want to talk age, Kelce is 31 and will be 32 in October.  So he's not sneaky old, he's old.  I would much prefer Kittle to Kelce in dynasty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

If you want to talk age, Kelce is 31 and will be 32 in October.  So he's not sneaky old, he's old.  I would much prefer Kittle to Kelce in dynasty.

Sure but we all know Kelce isn't young, I think people have this perception that Kittle is young, he guessed he was 25.  TE's do tend to mature late so you definitely get a longer runway with Kittle, but if I thought I could win a championship now I would have no problem with someone ranking Kelce over Kittle.  It is probably situational on who you want on your dynasty team and what your window to win is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, frae said:

Sure but we all know Kelce isn't young, I think people have this perception that Kittle is young, he guessed he was 25.  TE's do tend to mature late so you definitely get a longer runway with Kittle, but if I thought I could win a championship now I would have no problem with someone ranking Kelce over Kittle.  It is probably situational on who you want on your dynasty team and what your window to win is.  

I'll take the guy tied to Mahomes for the next 3 years.  Choosing between Kittle and Kelce is a nice problem to have, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Kelce is 31 years old.  Whats Kittle, 25?  As someone who made big moves for AJ Green and Jamaal Charles in the twilights of their career right before the wheels fell off,  this is not a deal I would even come close to considering unless I was getting Kelce plus the pick.  Only way is if you are going all in on 2021.  

And even if you’re going “all in” you can do that with the second best TE in the league.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

And even if you’re going “all in” you can do that with the second best TE in the league.

I agree.  Isn't Kittle and Kelce in the same tier?  When you factor in age, I can see Kittle being the more attractive dynasty asset long term.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bagman1316 said:

Not involved. 10-team SF PPR...v deep rosters. Start 2qb, 3wr, 3rb, te, flex

1.07, Fitzpatrick, 2022 2nd

for

DJ Moore, Antonio Brown

The more I see trades like this the less interested I become in superflex leagues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Other than last season where he missed 8 games, he’s missed 3 total games in his other 3 seasons.

So basically a broken bone in his foot  last year makes him “injury prone” in your mind?

He's missed games and missed time in games that he's played.  He doesn't score TDs, his production has fallen off steadily from his peak in 2018, he's likely been supplanted as the best receiving option by a combination of Aiyuk and Deebo, and he's about to be given a rookie QB. 

He's clearly no higher than the TE3 for me, and that's a tier or two down from Kelce.  I may even put him behind Pitts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The more I see trades like this the less interested I become in superflex leagues.

This is not a superflex league, and trade markets in small leagues are extremely illiquid.  It's one of the reasons I prefer a minimum of 24 teams in my leagues.  32-team, 2 copies of each player is the sweet spot.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tangfoot said:

He's missed games and missed time in games that he's played.  He doesn't score TDs, his production has fallen off steadily from his peak in 2018, he's likely been supplanted as the best receiving option by a combination of Aiyuk and Deebo, and he's about to be given a rookie QB. 

He's clearly no higher than the TE3 for me, and that's a tier or two down from Kelce.  I may even put him behind Pitts.

I have no argument against that. Also, I think Pitts will be atop the tier in very short order, perhaps 1 year.  Kelce is older and Waller is getting there.  I agree with you about what Kittle is facing going forward.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tangfoot said:

This is not a superflex league, and trade markets in small leagues are extremely illiquid.  It's one of the reasons I prefer a minimum of 24 teams in my leagues.  32-team, 2 copies of each player is the sweet spot.

The trade he responded to is a SF league.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

I agree.  Isn't Kittle and Kelce in the same tier?  When you factor in age, I can see Kittle being the more attractive dynasty asset long term.

I have Kittle and Kelce in the same tier with the clear nod to Kittle. They're both a part of the old guard, but in October Kelce turns 32 and Kittle turns 28. Four years is a significant difference. And yes Kelce just had his career year, but even then the difference between him and Kittle was 13.0 yards per game, despite Kittle being in and out of the lineup on game day. The Chiefs offense should score lots of TD's, but those are hard to bank on. Gimme the 28 year old within spitting distance of the 32 year old whose cliff is closer than it appears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

The trade he responded to is a SF league.

My bad, the OP said both SF and 2QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

He might have given up too much overall, but how are the 1.3 and a 22 1st the other 2 top 3 pieces of this trade?

Swift is > 1.3. Also either WR is > 22 1st. 

I said "might".  No way we know yet.  I could see Chase or Etienne being better than Swift as I don't trust the Lions backfield personally.  I agree that at this time both WRs are more valuable than that 22 1st but what if that ends up being #1 or hit huge like Justin Jefferson next year.  They aren't more valuable right now but there is a world that isn't too crazy where they "could" be the 3 most valuable pieces in that trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I believe 2022 will be a weak draft for RBs (only Hall for me, Spiller = meh) and now with Pickens' ACL injury, it hurts WRs.   Perhaps good at the top with Bell and Burks.  I'm not an Olave truther.  It is good at QB however.  2023 1sts is what you want.

This is almost 180 opposite of what I've been reading and hearing about for every position you mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tangfoot said:

He's missed games and missed time in games that he's played.  He doesn't score TDs, his production has fallen off steadily from his peak in 2018, he's likely been supplanted as the best receiving option by a combination of Aiyuk and Deebo, and he's about to be given a rookie QB. 

He's clearly no higher than the TE3 for me, and that's a tier or two down from Kelce.  I may even put him behind Pitts.

I think you are nuts thinking he is TE 3 or 4.  He is better than any TE out there not named Kelce.  I had both and traded Kittle this offseason (even as a 49ers fan) because I have a win now window so went with the guy with Mahomes with no injuries.  Plus, due to youth, Kittle was worth more on the market.  When Kittle played last year he was still the best option they had.  Aiyuk and Deebo isn't changing that.

Pitts?  Really.  A rookie.  Not trying to attack you but that type of statement seems like to be made by someone that is blinded by rookies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

 

Pitts?  Really.  A rookie.  Not trying to attack you but that type of statement seems like to be made by someone that is blinded by rookies.

In most cases I would also take Pitts over Kittle and Kelce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, menobrown said:

This is almost 180 opposite of what I've been reading and hearing about for every position you mentioned.

Besides, Breece Hall, I guess if you're high on the likes of Spiller (overrated), Zamir White, Teague, Harris (I like him somewhat), Brian Robinson, Jerion Ealy, Ty Chandler, and Ibrahim at RB, then go for it. As for WRs,  besides Bell and Burks, you have Olave, who I don't think is elite, Pickens (post ACL), Garrett Wilson, John Metchie, don't seem overly strong to me.  I do like the QBs however.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Pitts?  Really.  A rookie.  Not trying to attack you but that type of statement seems like to be made by someone that is blinded by rookies.

 If I were doing a startup today, I would rank them Kelce, Waller, Pitts, Kittle.

I own Kittle in several places and he's not a difference maker going forward.  I don't project that he will ever hit his 2018 totals again in his career if he stays in San Francisco.

And I also think the hype for PItts is out of control, but his age/profile/projected draft position has him right there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tangfoot said:

 If I were doing a startup today, I would rank them Kelce, Waller, Pitts, Kittle.

 

If I were doing a DYANSTY startup I would rank them Pitts, Kittle, Kelce, Waller.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course my ranking is for dynasty, it's in the gosh darn dynasty trades thread.  In redraft I wouldn't have Pitts as a top-10 TE for 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...