Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

For context on the Swift-Fitz for picks/Kirk deal....

Team getting Swift-Fitz had 2 starting QBs but dart throws at best otherwise at the position, can start 4 RBs weekly and Swift joins 2-3 other NFL starters and some choice backups. They are a contending team (1st, 2nd and just missed playoffs over the past 3 seasons)

The team giving Swift-Fitz is a complete rebuild with Swift-Jeudy and maybe 1-2 other possible 'build around' players overall. They also don't have their own '21 1st (1.01) or '22 1st (likely early). So they sold Swift to recoup picks I would imagine and Fitz is a must sell, but maybe not now to optimize the return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1850

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1173

  • Dr. Octopus

    1042

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

Junno Smith

for

2022 1st and 2nd round picks (team finished 8th last year top 6 make playoffs)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chad Parsons said:

Must be the biggest Jonnu fan out there

Lots of bad trades in my leagues lately

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dez said:

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

Junno Smith

for

2022 1st and 2nd round picks (team finished 8th last year top 6 make playoffs)

I would be looking for Andrews/Hock/Fant for that much draft capital.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team PPR that will switch to Superflex in 2022

Gave:  1.01, 1.02

Got:  Cook, Diggs, 2.08

I normally love having a really young team, but with my current roster I couldn't pass it up

L Jackson, M Stafford, R Tannehill

S Barkley, D Cook, J Taylor, C Akers, J Mixon

S Diggs, C Godwin, DJ Moore, K Golladay, C Sutton, Juju, J Reagor, L Shenault, P Campbell, G Davis

TJ Hockenson, D Goedert, L Thomas, Gronk

2.01, 2.02, 2.04, 2.08, 3.02, 3.06

 

Edited by BINGBING
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dez said:

DFWC

CMC, Burrow

for

1.02, 2022 1st, Herbert and Curtis Samuel

I'll take the picks, Herbert and Samuel.   Both CMC and Burrow coming off injury plagued seasons and as great as CMC has been, injuries can take their toll at the position.  Maybe I'd prefer CMC in win-now mode but, for the long haul, I'll take the picks.

Edited by DropKick
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Not involved. Dynasty PPR, Superflex

Team A got Austin Ekeler

Team B got AJ Dillon, 2022 First, Jalen Reagor

I Realize Ekeler's appeal in PPR formats but I'll take the upside over the proven here with Dillon, Reagor and the 1st pretty easily for me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dez said:

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

Junno Smith

for

2022 1st and 2nd round picks (team finished 8th last year top 6 make playoffs)

Bizarre... we are talking about the same Jonnu Smith who, along with Hunter Henry, and a questionable QB situation, is now a Patriot?

Is the guy a homer or just that desperate in an above average league size and a scoring system that favors TE?  Assuming he's picking 7th this year, I would have tried to see if the 2022 1st could move me up in the draft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

For context on the Swift-Fitz for picks/Kirk deal....

Team getting Swift-Fitz had 2 starting QBs but dart throws at best otherwise at the position, can start 4 RBs weekly and Swift joins 2-3 other NFL starters and some choice backups. They are a contending team (1st, 2nd and just missed playoffs over the past 3 seasons)

The team giving Swift-Fitz is a complete rebuild with Swift-Jeudy and maybe 1-2 other possible 'build around' players overall. They also don't have their own '21 1st (1.01) or '22 1st (likely early). So they sold Swift to recoup picks I would imagine and Fitz is a must sell, but maybe not now to optimize the return.

Appears to be a series of bad decisions compounded by another bad decision.

Some different evaluations of Swift out there and I'm not sure what he'll amount to... but I wouldn't move one of my possible "build around players" for numerous 2nd+ round or lower picks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigAl21 said:

I Realize Ekeler's appeal in PPR formats but I'll take the upside over the proven here with Dillon, Reagor and the 1st pretty easily for me.

I was going to disagree and then thought better of it. The only thing I think might make the deal a little even is that I think Dillon is truly buried barring injury, and I don't think he'll ever be a receiving back. And I'm not high on Reagor. But throw in the first round-pick and if one of Dillon, Reagor, or the first hits, I like that side. What's Ekeler, 26? He's right on the cusp.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BINGBING said:

12 team PPR that will switch to Superflex in 2022

Gave:  1.01, 1.02

Got:  Cook, Diggs, 2.08

I normally love having a really young team, but with my current roster I couldn't pass it up

L Jackson, M Stafford, R Tannehill

S Barkley, D Cook, J Taylor, C Akers, J Mixon

S Diggs, C Godwin, DJ Moore, K Golladay, C Sutton, Juju, J Reagor, L Shenault, P Campbell, G Davis

TJ Hockenson, D Goedert, L Thomas, Gronk

2.01, 2.02, 2.04, 2.08, 3.02, 3.06

 

I’ll take Cook and Diggs pretty easily. Heck, it might take both those picks for me to give up just Cook.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DropKick said:

Appears to be a series of bad decisions compounded by another bad decision.

I was going to say something like this, but you put it much more aptly than I would have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kutta said:

I’ll take Cook and Diggs pretty easily. Heck, it might take both those picks for me to give up just Cook.

I think the Superflex switch makes things tricky.  In SF Lawrence alone is going ahead of Cooks in startup drafts, and the 2nd rookie goes ahead of Diggs.

On the flipside it's not SF this year, but switches in 2022.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DropKick said:

Bizarre... we are talking about the same Jonnu Smith who, along with Hunter Henry, and a questionable QB situation, is now a Patriot?

Is the guy a homer or just that desperate in an above average league size and a scoring system that favors TE?  Assuming he's picking 7th this year, I would have tried to see if the 2022 1st could move me up in the draft.

Probably more desperate for a TE not a homer but maybe he really likes what Smith did last year to start the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 5:30 PM, jadensdad said:

12 team ppr

1.08 and darnold

aaron Rodgers and marquis brown.

1.08 and darnold also handed a bag full of money to the other team?  That's disgusting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Wow.  Gibson wasn't that good.  I like him and Goedert but this seems like not even close to enough for 1.1.  Seems like a guy that didn't shop the pick enough.  I'm sure he could have got a better return.

Wait, what?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Gibson's not worth the 1.1.

Unless DFWC somehow stands for "weird scoring format". 

Sure he is. I'd take that deal really fast (pending DFWC clarification). I also have Goedert way higher than Engram so even if we agreed 1.01>Gibson, Goedert probably makes up the difference. But I don't like any player in this draft more than Gibson. Or a number of other veterans as well. ADP backs up Gibson > 1.01 in startups as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, jadensdad said:

12 team ppr

1.08 and darnold

aaron Rodgers and marquis brown.

I'll take the Rodgers side of that deal by a good margin. Darnold is arguably worthless, so its the 1.8 for Rodgers and Hollywood to me. I still think Brown has WR3 ability, and Rodgers is still a top-5 QB, and feels like a QB who could still have 3-4 quality years left. 

 

On 4/25/2021 at 7:03 AM, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Not involved. Dynasty PPR, Superflex

Team A got Austin Ekeler

Team B got AJ Dillon, 2022 First, Jalen Reagor

I'd take the Ekeler side here, now that Aaron Jones is signed long term. 

I can't see Dillon being more than a low-end flex as long as Jones is there, and there is no reason to assume Reagor will be more than a WR3 anytime soon. 

Ekeler is low-end RB1, and an every week starter. I have to assume the team dealing Ekeler is awful, and has no intention of being a contender this year. Even then, this isn't much of a haul.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:33 AM, Dez said:

DFWC

1.01, Engram

for

Antonio Gibson, Goedert

I actually like this deal for the owner trading the 1.1. I think its unlikely any rookie will be as good as Gibson should be this year. I think Gibson is only going to get better as he gets move comfortable at RB, and has top-5 upside if he takes a bigger slice of the receiving pie. 

Goedert is also an upgrade from Engram too. 

Its possible the owner could have gotten a better deal for the 1.1, but this is still a good haul to me. 1.1 is crazy overrated if people would prefer it to a sizeable TE upgrade, and a 23 year old RB, in a good system who already has a 1,000 yard 10+ TD season and has much freakier tools than any RB in this draft. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ghostguy123 said:

Gibson is being drafted right with the top rookie in startups.  

Goedert >>> engram

He is being drafted ahead of them in most startups I've seen and in ADP I've looked at. But there *are* lots of other sources and it is good to share this stuff. I was sort of assuming Gibson was considered consensus as greater than 1.01, on paper if even for a hater.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barackdhouse said:

Sure he is. I'd take that deal really fast (pending DFWC clarification). I also have Goedert way higher than Engram so even if we agreed 1.01>Gibson, Goedert probably makes up the difference. But I don't like any player in this draft more than Gibson. Or a number of other veterans as well. ADP backs up Gibson > 1.01 in startups as well.

And I'd trade Gibson for the 1.1 in a heartbeat.

Since Engram sucks, of course Goedert is better. But I think people are fooling themselves thinking that he'll reach peak Ertz levels.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it the more I don't really understand what the team giving up Gibson/Goedert is thinking. I'm going to assume they are making a play for Pitts. And if they have conviction with that decision then I can see it. If they have RB depth to spare. If it is for Chase and they have RB room to spare I can kind of see it. I don't think it is unbalanced but I don't believe in Pitts or Chase enough in terms of what I think their impact to my team would be, as much as I do in Gibson. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barackdhouse said:

Yeah ok fair enough. Out of curiosity do you have him anywhere?

I had him early last year in a startup and traded him away for too little. So it's not like I DISlike him.

But I honestly can't see favoring him over Chase or Harris.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I had him early last year in a startup and traded him away for too little. So it's not like I DISlike him.

But I honestly can't see favoring him over Chase or Harris.

I can sorta see the case for Chase, but I can't see it for Harris at all. Not sure Harris does anything better than Gibson, and could(and likely will) end up in a much worse situation than Washington. 

Then again, I might very well argue Pitts for 1.1, so maybe I just view this rookie class differently.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Wait, what?

Not saying he isn't good.  Isn't "THAT" good is the relative term here.  For what the charge was to get him in this trade.  It is all in context.  1.1 is worth way more than him.  The upgrade from Engram to Goedert (especially with a new coach and Hurts instead of Wentz) isn't even close to enough to make up the difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I'll take the Rodgers side of that deal by a good margin. Darnold is arguably worthless, so its the 1.8 for Rodgers and Hollywood to me. I still think Brown has WR3 ability, and Rodgers is still a top-5 QB, and feels like a QB who could still have 3-4 quality years left. 

 

I'd take the Ekeler side here, now that Aaron Jones is signed long term. 

I can't see Dillon being more than a low-end flex as long as Jones is there, and there is no reason to assume Reagor will be more than a WR3 anytime soon. 

Ekeler is low-end RB1, and an every week starter. I have to assume the team dealing Ekeler is awful, and has no intention of being a contender this year. Even then, this isn't much of a haul.

I actually like this deal for the owner trading the 1.1. I think its unlikely any rookie will be as good as Gibson should be this year. I think Gibson is only going to get better as he gets move comfortable at RB, and has top-5 upside if he takes a bigger slice of the receiving pie. 

Goedert is also an upgrade from Engram too. 

Its possible the owner could have gotten a better deal for the 1.1, but this is still a good haul to me. 1.1 is crazy overrated if people would prefer it to a sizeable TE upgrade, and a 23 year old RB, in a good system who already has a 1,000 yard 10+ TD season and has much freakier tools than any RB in this draft. 

Landing spot will matter but if Harris ends up in Pitts, he will be better than Gibson year 1 and moving forward it won't even be close.  Gibson plays for the WFT and has never been a bell cow (even in college).  I don't think he even compares to 1.1.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

And I'd trade Gibson for the 1.1 in a heartbeat.

Since Engram sucks, of course Goedert is better. But I think people are fooling themselves thinking that he'll reach peak Ertz levels.

I totally agree with you here.  Not sure why so much love for Gibson personally.  I liked him but this is just craziness in my opinion.  I would jump on this trade if I had Gibson.  He has the feel to me of a guy that has a Miles Sanders like year 2.  If he can even stay on the field the entire season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

I guess I might be behind the curve on Gibson. But a group of people that normally worries about touchdown regression is strangely projecting the opposite for this particular player. :shrug:

I just don't see him as a TD scoring type player.  He is good depth and I could see an argument for 1.3 or 1.4 even though I probably like Etienne better depending on where he goes.  An argument could be made for Pitts too.

 

1.1 just gives you a player that can be a fantasy MVP like CMC or Barkley or Zeke or Gurley.  I don't think Gibson is ever that player.  I don't see top 3 RB potential there.  RB1 for sure but top 3-5, probably not.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Landing spot will matter but if Harris ends up in Pitts, he will be better than Gibson year 1 and moving forward it won't even be close.  Gibson plays for the WFT and has never been a bell cow (even in college).  I don't think he even compares to 1.1.

I think Washington is a much better landing spot than Pittsburgh. Also think Gibson is a better player than Harris. I think Gibson is arguably a top-10 RB. He already proved he's a TD scorer, he's clearly got receiving chops, and he's on an offense.

ETA: I don't see the Miles Sanders comp. Gibson showed a ton more than Sanders did as a rookie, and is a more toolsy player overall.

Edited by travdogg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I think Washington is a much better landing spot than Pittsburgh. Also think Gibson is a better player than Harris. I think Gibson is arguably a top-10 RB. He already proved he's a TD scorer, he's clearly got receiving chops, and he's on an offense.

This is gonna sound way more aggressive than I intend it to but...it seems like people either don't watch college football or forget what they've seen. :shrug:

I do agree, though, that Pittsburgh is a less than ideal spot. 

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I just don't see him as a TD scoring type player.  He is good depth and I could see an argument for 1.3 or 1.4 even though I probably like Etienne better depending on where he goes.  An argument could be made for Pitts too.

 

1.1 just gives you a player that can be a fantasy MVP like CMC or Barkley or Zeke or Gurley.  I don't think Gibson is ever that player.  I don't see top 3 RB potential there.  RB1 for sure but top 3-5, probably not.

You just listed 4 backs who went in the top 10 of the draft there’s not a top 10 back in this draft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't believe Gurley was a top 10 pick.

He was picked 10th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't believe Gurley was a top 10 pick.

He was 10th so we won't have one that high but Taylor was a 2nd round pick last year and he still has that kind of upside.  Gibson doesn't.  Harris in the right spot does.  Gibson will always be capped and could have injury issues his entire career.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...