Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

51 minutes ago, sheerterror said:

A gets D. Swift/Aiyuk

for

B gets Logan Thomas/Cole Beasely

Yes, that Logan Thomas, and that Cole Beasely.  This one was appalling to me.  Got accepted, and I emailed the league asking if there would be a vote on this because it seemed...unbalanced at best.  Commissioner sent it to the "trade board" where they voted 6-5 to allow the trade to stand (although the majority apparently acknowledged its not a trade they would make) albeit deciding to make A also send Marlon Mack (B owns Taylor.)  I know bad trades go through quite often, but I can't wrap my head around this one as anything other than collusion, and it's making me question the integrity of a league that I've been in for 7+ years, have won and have a consistent contender.  Might leave in principle after this season.  Overreacting?

Did Team B attempt to justify this trade? I would love to hear how anyone thought this trade made their team better.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

55 minutes ago, sheerterror said:

A gets D. Swift/Aiyuk

for

Yes, that Logan Thomas, and that Cole Beasely.  This one was appalling to me.  Got accepted, and I emailed the league asking if there would be a vote on this because it seemed...unbalanced at best.  Commissioner sent it to the "trade board" where they voted 6-5 to allow the trade to stand (although the majority apparently acknowledged its not a trade they would make) albeit deciding to make A also send Marlon Mack (B owns Taylor.)  I know bad trades go through quite often, but I can't wrap my head around this one as anything other than collusion, and it's making me question the integrity of a league that I've been in for 7+ years, have won and have a consistent contender.  Might leave in principle after this season.  Overreacting?

How did they vote to allow it to stand?  That is a potential league crippling trade!  It is so unbalanced, it makes no sense for any reasonable dynasty owner to even consider!  It would be cause for me to leave.  The fact they reviewed it and thought it reasonable enough to stand is absurd also.  

6 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

How did they vote to allow it to stand?  That is a potential league crippling trade!  It is so unbalanced, it makes no sense for any reasonable dynasty owner to even consider!  It would be cause for me to leave.  The fact they reviewed it and thought it reasonable enough to stand is absurd also.  

You may have missed the part where the board forced Team A to include Marlon Mack to make it even. 

I agree with Andy in that I don't really believe in league vetoes in trades but there is just no chance that there wasn't anything fishy going on here.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1
Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

You may have missed the part where the board forced Team A to include Marlon Mack to make it even. 

I agree with Andy in that I don't really believe in league vetoes in trades but there is just no chance that there wasn't anything fishy going on here.

Saw that, Thanks!  ....  but that was already too much poison to consume in the the whole package... 

I don't like Vetos either.  The last league I was commish, we had a vote process similar.  We had 2 trades overturned from 4 votes in 14 years. So it worked as it should but it created some animosity.  

This league allowing that to happen?  Something else is going on there that IMO poisons the league & I would escape before I got infected.  Simple self-preservation.  That league is doomed with deals like that allowed to occur.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Yes, mack totally makes it even. 

• Laughing 3
6 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Saw that, Thanks!  ....  but that was already too much poison to consume in the the whole package... 

I don't like Vetos either.  The last league I was commish, we had a vote process similar.  We had 2 trades overturned from 4 votes in 14 years. So it worked as it should but it created some animosity.  

This league allowing that to happen?  Something else is going on there that IMO poisons the league & I would escape before I got infected.  Simple self-preservation.  That league is doomed with deals like that allowed to occur.  

Part of me says that's overkill.

If this is a long standing league with very few bad trades, I'd stay.

If it's new, I'm gone.

• Like 1

That's why I was so taken aback.  I'm not one to complain and call for vetoes, but I was the only one to raise awareness to it in the league email saying the trade had been completed.  1 response from another league mate saying I hope this trade was a joke (and this owner himself is a notorious lowballer!)

I then emailed the commissioner on the side where he informed me of the trade board voting process.  About a day later, yesterday, I received that feedback.  Truly seems like its going to stand.  No one else has said a word.  No one is being called out or asked to justify the trade.  It's just going to quietly skew the balance of the league for zero reason and not something I want to be apart of really.  Sucks walking away from a core of Mahomes, Cmac, Hopkins, Lamb, Claypool and Kittle though.

4 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Yes, mack totally makes it even. 

LOL.  I was going to reply to the commissioner when he told me that saying you could argue Aiyuk is on the wrong side of this deal and it still may not be even.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, sheerterror said:

LOL.  I was going to reply to the commissioner when he told me that saying you could argue Aiyuk is on the wrong side of this deal and it still may not be even.

Depending on the league, Swift vs aiyuk is arguable (I'm not big on Swift, but others are). But yeah, the trade is abysmal

Edited by -OZ-

That's why I was so taken aback.  I'm not one to complain and call for vetoes, but I was the only one to raise awareness to it in the league email saying the trade had been completed.  1 response from another league mate saying I hope this trade was a joke (and this owner himself is a notorious lowballer!)

I then emailed the commissioner on the side where he informed me of the trade board voting process.  About a day later, yesterday, I received that feedback.  Truly seems like its going to stand.  No one else has said a word.  No one is being called out or asked to justify the trade.  It's just going to quietly skew the balance of the league for zero reason and not something I want to be apart of really.  Sucks walking away from a core of Mahomes, Cmac, Hopkins, Lamb, Claypool and Kittle though.

Doesn’t matter what my team is, I’m ✌🏻 outing of that league the second a commish doesn’t automatically reverse that kind of BS.

20 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Not involved

16-team SF PPR

Baker, Justin Jefferson, late 2022 1st

for

Watson, Javonte Williams, Calvin Ridley

I love Jefferson but Ridley is a monster too and Williams was a good get.  I think this is a pretty fair trade if you can weather the storm of Watson missing time.

13 hours ago, Turbo Punch said:

12 Team PPR 1QB  2RB 3WR 1 TE 1Flex

Gave D Jones, Gibson, Fournette, A Cooper, Chark, Diontae Johnson, Trautman, pick 1.08

Got J Taylor, Mostert, T Hill, Beasley, Meyers, Andrews

This is a good move for you.  Not sure why the other guy would do this personally but great trade for you.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sheerterror said:

A gets D. Swift/Aiyuk

for

This is just terrible and doesn't even include any picks that you could argue for upside.  I am a commissioner in 1 dynasty league and 3 other leagues and this trade I would veto without putting to a vote personally.  That might be the worst trade I have seen posted on here.  I don't blame you for being upset and not sure how the league voted to allow it.

I say that as a commish that has never vetoed a Dynasty trade in 3 years and have only done so a total of like 3 times in a combined 26 years between the other 3 leagues.  So I don't veto often but the commish should protect the integrity of the league.

Edited by Jonesin For Some Football
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, sheerterror said:

I’d walk away from that one. Any league that doesn’t bat an eye at an abomination like that is not one you want to be a part of. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This is just terrible and doesn't even include any picks that you could argue for upside.  I am a commissioner in 1 dynasty league and 3 other leagues and this trade I would veto without putting to a vote personally.  That might be the worst trade I have seen posted on here.  I don't blame you for being upset and not sure how the league voted to allow it.

I say that as a commish that has never vetoed a Dynasty trade in 3 years and have only done so a total of like 3 times in a combined 26 years between the other 3 leagues.  So I don't veto often but the commish should protect the integrity of the league.

Yeah that one is pretty bad. I've never vetoed a trade unilaterally as commish but I have put a couple up to a vote per the relevant bylaws in place. I am surprised it was voted to be upheld frankly. I even once had an owner leave the league because I refused to unilaterally veto it. For reference it was 3 years ago and it was Wentz for Dede Westbrook in 1QB. *shrugs*

But this one is so bad I would strongly consider moving unilaterally on it. 

Also, to anyone saying that there *must* be something fishy going on - I'm not going to say I'd be surprised if that turned out to be true, but I legitimately wonder if this is just stupidity run amok. It seems like if somebody were trying to pull a cheat move here, it would be maybe just a *little* more subtle than this? IDK. 

3 hours ago, sheerterror said:

A gets D. Swift/Aiyuk

for

Regarding the Bolded...........11 teams voted?  what about the 12th team?  Is the 12th team you?  I am confused by this trade board thing.  

I hate "trade boards" or voting on trades.  Too many people vote strictly based on how it affects their team and if they wanted any of the players involved or if they hate Team A or whatever.  The commish is there for a reason and if you trust him then his ruling should be all that is needed.  That being said Team B needs to justify his side of this deal sufficiently to make it stand and I am not sure what he could say to do so.  

Very odd situation.

6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah that one is pretty bad. I've never vetoed a trade unilaterally as commish but I have put a couple up to a vote per the relevant bylaws in place. I am surprised it was voted to be upheld frankly. I even once had an owner leave the league because I refused to unilaterally veto it. For reference it was 3 years ago and it was Wentz for Dede Westbrook in 1QB. *shrugs*

Also, to anyone saying that there *must* be something fishy going on - I'm not going to say I'd be surprised if that turned out to be true, but I legitimately wonder if this is just stupidity run amok. It seems like if somebody were trying to pull a cheat move here, it would be maybe just a *little* more subtle than this? IDK

"This is too dumb to be collusion" sort of thing. I get it!

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sheerterror said:

A gets D. Swift/Aiyuk

for

In January in a 12 team SF with enhanced TE PPR I was offered McLaurin for Logan Thomas and my 5th and 6th round rookie picks. The owner making the offer is a lowballer that makes the most trades in the league  by far. 🤷‍♂️ I just clicked Accept and shook my head.

ETA - I realized I needed to add to my post. In a PPR league in which I have a need at WR, I approached the McLaurin owner (who has a need at RB) and offered Swift. His response was Swift was a nice starting offer. But, if I was serious about acquiring McLaurin I should add draft picks (yes, plural) or another "significant roster player". 

So, can somebody explain to me how two people can value one player so differently? I'm not so sure the trade sheerterror posted is collusion.

Edited by northern exposure
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
3 hours ago, sheerterror said:

Are either teams involved in this trade a member of the trade board?

Is the team that got the short end of the trade in the same division/conference as multiple members of the trade board?

People generally vote in a manner consistent with what helps them personally, rather than the integrity of the league.

I would (respectfully) ask the league to post the trade to Twitter to solicit unbiased opinions.  Clearly the trade board cannot be trusted.  If this trade is anything less than 95% for the Swift/Aiyuk side, I'd be shocked.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Also, to anyone saying that there *must* be something fishy going on - I'm not going to say I'd be surprised if that turned out to be true, but I legitimately wonder if this is just stupidity run amok. It seems like if somebody were trying to pull a cheat move here, it would be maybe just a *little* more subtle than this? IDK. 

To clarify, the vote went to a "board of traders" or something - and not an actual league vote.  The commissioner i suppose has an arbitrary group of 10 other people he will send votes out to, and they voted 6-5 in favor of upholding the deal.

Edited by sheerterror
9 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Are either teams involved in this trade a member of the trade board?

Is the team that got the short end of the trade in the same division/conference as multiple members of the trade board?

People generally vote in a manner consistent with what helps them personally, rather than the integrity of the league.

I would (respectfully) ask the league to post the trade to Twitter to solicit unbiased opinions.  Clearly the trade board cannot be trusted.  If this trade is anything less than 95% for the Swift/Aiyuk side, I'd be shocked.

I would also like to know who makes up this trade board - it certainly was not a league wide vote by any means.  FYI this is a Die Hards League (no idea how many of them their are in total) but this league has been around since 2011, I've been in since 2013 and never had any problems with flagrant trades like this or the way anything was run in general.  But this arbitrary vote and a blanket BS justification doesn't sit well with me at all.  Definitely appreciate everyone's feedback as I will use it in my rebuttal email to try to get the commissioner to reconsider this before I threaten to leave this season.

To clarify, the vote went to a "board of traders" or something - and not an actual league vote.  The commission i suppose has an arbitrary group of 10 other people he will send votes out to, and they voted 6-5 in favor of upholding the deal.

Oh wow yeah I guess I missed that. That is pretty strange. Well the board made him throw in a Marlon Mack coming off an achilles tear so I'm pretty sure it is all square now. Pffffffft

I agree that a Twitter poll would be better than 10 randos. Twitter is/can be a bit of a bubble too. 

It probably makes a difference how the question is phrased to the board, too. "Is this trade so imbalanced as to negatively affect league integrity?" is a different question than "Should this be vetoed?" or "is this collusion?". If you put the word veto in there then people get weird real quick. The first question is the one to be asked.

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

What was it? That it went to the board and went through due process?

"Okay the Board of Traders voted 6-5 to allow the trade to stand if Team A adds something on to his side of the trade. Some felt the trade should be vetoed but the while the majority did feel it wasn’t a trade they would do, it wasn’t so earth shattering that it should be vetoed. They all agreed there was no collusion however. 

So what the teams have decided to do is Team A will send B Marlon Mack as a part of the trade to give B Jonathan Taylor’s backup. It makes the trade more palatable for the Board and while still not a truly fair trade, it works better. "

Man that looks even worse after rereading it for the 51st time.

• Laughing 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, northern exposure said:

In January in a 12 team SF with enhanced TE PPR I was offered McLaurin for Logan Thomas and my 5th and 6th round rookie picks. The owner making the offer is a lowballer that makes the most trades in the league  by far. 🤷‍♂️ I just clicked Accept and shook my head.

ETA - I realized I needed to add to my post. In a PPR league in which I have a need at WR, I approached the McLaurin owner (who has a need at RB) and offered Swift. His response was Swift was a nice starting offer. But, if I was serious about acquiring McLaurin I should add draft picks (yes, plural) or another "significant roster player". 

So, can somebody explain to me how two people can value one player so differently? I'm not so sure the trade sheerterror posted is collusion.

To comment on your add - this one is very strange as you have a lowball owner who reverse lowballed himself straight into your favor.  Obviously he values Thomas higher than Swift for some unforeseen reason, but this is a TE enhanced league so perhaps he had a slip of value judgement/let his guard down etc.?  Obviously this deal doesn't also explain the concept of Aiyuk straight up for Beasley, and those guys have about a 100 place dynasty ADP startup differential iirc. 

16 minutes ago, sheerterror said:

"Okay the Board of Traders voted 6-5 to allow the trade to stand if Team A adds something on to his side of the trade. Some felt the trade should be vetoed but the while the majority did feel it wasn’t a trade they would do, it wasn’t so earth shattering that it should be vetoed. They all agreed there was no collusion however. 

So what the teams have decided to do is Team A will send B Marlon Mack as a part of the trade to give B Jonathan Taylor’s backup. It makes the trade more palatable for the Board and while still not a truly fair trade, it works better. "

Man that looks even worse after rereading it for the 51st time.

According to Hindry's May value chart:

38 - Swift

27 - Aiyuk

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

6 - Logan Thomas

5 - Cole Beasley

• Sad 1
Posted (edited)

In other news, Zealots PPR/6pts for all...

Team A gave: Daniel Jones, Chuba Hubbard

Team B gave: Deshaun Watson

This after an entire off-season of Team B saying that he wouldn't let Watson go for cheap. Every day I like the league less.

Edit: And then another guy comments....

WTH?  This trade makes no sense?   Am I missing something?  Watson isnt going to play football anytime soon and for the forseable future. I guess Michael (the Raiders owner) is betting Watson will play at some point in the next couple of years ...... a stiff price to pay for someone that has an iffy future.

:shrug:

Edited by Andy Dufresne
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

I get that people make "dumb" trades sometimes - but there's nothing on the Beasley/Thomas side to "fool" someone into overpaying for it. I don't see how some one drafts Swift and Aiyuk last season and is so disappointed in them that they decide to flip them for a 30 year old converted TE (who did perform well at least) and a WR6. I guess I shouldn't speak in absolutes and use the word "must" but I can't imagine some one dumb enough to accept that offer would last in a dynasty league.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, sheerterror said:

To clarify, the vote went to a "board of traders" or something - and not an actual league vote.  The commissioner i suppose has an arbitrary group of 10 other people he will send votes out to, and they voted 6-5 in favor of upholding the deal.

Yeah, I think it's time to leave this league. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Edit: Saw sheerterror answered my question above.

How is this independent board composed? Was the commissioner one of the parties involved in the trade?

Edited by floods
12 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This after an entire off-season of Team B saying that he wouldn't let Watson go for cheap. Every day I like the league less.

Interesting comment by "another guy" because if you Google iffy future, Daniel Jones comes up.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, northern exposure said:

Interesting comment by "another guy" because if you Google iffy future, Daniel Jones comes up.

The comment was strange.  This is a guy that thinks Watson will play at some point but even if he doesn't it isn't like he is giving up anything of consequence.  This seems like a totally reasonable trade by both sides and completely hinges on how you see Watson's future (which is still yet to be decided and we know how random suspensions etc can be).

57 minutes ago, sheerterror said:

That just seems dumb.  I have full power in my leagues as they trust me as the Commish and have never had an issue.  It is my job to protect the integrity of the league.  Not sure where he found this "board of traders" but they are terrible if they approved this.  They just lost all confidence that I would ever have in them.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Gally said:

The comment was strange.  This is a guy that thinks Watson will play at some point but even if he doesn't it isn't like he is giving up anything of consequence.  This seems like a totally reasonable trade by both sides and completely hinges on how you see Watson's future (which is still yet to be decided and we know how random suspensions etc can be).

No it doesn't. Better to have a guy capable of having elite production versus a guy nearly guaranteed to be average at best, but more likely out of a job soon. 

And I know the former Watson guy had better offers...because I gave him some. Maybe he just doesn't like me.

• Thinking 1
22 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That is selling incredibly cheap on Watson and the person who posted that doesn't know how to value players very well.  Not sure I would like that league much either.

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

No it doesn't. Better to have a guy capable of having elite production versus a guy nearly guaranteed to be average at best, but more likely out of a job soon. 

And I know the former Watson guy had better offers...because I gave him some. Maybe he just doesn't like me.

Andy, Andy....doesn't like you???? How is that even possible?????

3 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

I mean, I barely ever tell him how much smarter I am than he is.

13 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I have no idea about other offers.  My point was this wasn't an unreasonable trade.  Could he have gotten more?  Probably but it is no Swift/Ayuik for Thomas/Beasley

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
7 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

I could see why some of the boys took him for snobby. He has a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He strolled, like a man in a park without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place. Yeah, I think it would be fair to say... I liked Andy from the start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, Gally said:

I have no idea about other offers.  My point was this wasn't an unreasonable trade.  Could he have gotten more?  Probably but it is no Swift/Ayuik for Thomas/Beasley

No, but it's not far.

There's a whole thread for Waston but... What's the most time he could possibly miss ? This year? Even if he did he'll definitely be playing next year again so it's not like it's worth the risk to just dump him. And what he got in return, Jones, is awful.

39 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I could see it if there were criminal charges or the NFL had just handed down some super harsh judgement, but we are a long way from only being able to unload him for peanuts yet. Heck, guys held on to players like Vick in my leagues for months even after he was arrested and charged.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

No, but it's not far.

There's a whole thread for Waston but... What's the most time he could possibly miss ? This year? Even if he did he'll definitely be playing next year again so it's not like it's worth the risk to just dump him. And what he got in return, Jones, is awful.

Not everyone thinks Jones is awful and the Giants surely went out of their way to give him weapons. I’m not saying it’s a good deal but I’ve seen worse “panic” trades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

🤷‍♂️ It's entirely possible he thinks a 3rd year QB who just added a 1st round receiver, gets a stud RB back (who is also a good receiver), added a very good WR, might improve. I don't value Jones as a top 10 QB but don't really fault those who do. 

• Thanks 1

I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm shocked that this one isn't obvious. 

One last thing we can move on -  Jason Garrett is still the Giants offensive coordinator. 

• Like 1

Wow, this a terrible conversation.

Any other comments on a legit blockbuster type of trade I posted earlier?

To refresh:

Calvin Ridley and Noah Fant

For

Justin Jefferson and Terace Marshall

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ghostguy123 said:

Wow, this a terrible conversation.

Any other comments on a legit blockbuster type of trade I posted earlier?

To refresh:

Calvin Ridley and Noah Fant

For

Justin Jefferson and Terace Marshall

Dealer's choice. Fair.

I'd take JJ & TM by a hair.

Edited by Andy Dufresne