Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

14 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12tm 1QB

Trey Sermon (post-drafting), 22 2nd, 22 3rd (later projection)

FOR

Tyler Lockett, 22 1st (mid?)

I like Sermon and I think he goes in the top 10 in a lot of drafts so I don't see much issue with this if you believe in him in SF as that is a great place for a RB if he takes over.  This seems pretty fair to me as I don't see Lockett with a ton of value personally.  He is way too hit or miss for me to like having him in my lineup.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

13 hours ago, menobrown said:

I would respectfully argue trading players like Hopkins before it's to late  is exactly how you win a ton of titles or at least stay relevant without needing to take a few steps(years) back and reload.

Different ways to reach success in dynasty but for me personally I feel like the trades where I've been on side dealing off the older aging player whose value I fear is about to fall off has been almost universally nothing but success. I used to never be the kind of person who bought players like this but did a few times in last 2 seasons and I would label those moves as a universal failure.

I agree in a lot of situations personally but some players last longer than others and the deal has to be right.  Selling a 29 year old Tyler Lockett is different than selling a soon to be 29 year old D-Hop. 

I just feel that some aging players are worth more than a mid-1st and Hopkins is one of those guys.  Just my take but yes knowing "when" to sell vets in dynasty can help you win titles but selling them just to get a 1st round pick when the value isn't right isn't the way to win to me.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

.5 ppr start 4-5 WR

A got 1.3

B got Dak, Julio

I like the talent at 1.3 but Dak and Julio going to a good team can win a chip this year and that is what we play for.  Feels like team A could have got more for those 2 players but that is a high end asset.  I like it for Team B, especially when they raise the trophy this year.

12 tm sf

gave 2.8 2.12 and 3.02

got 2.01 and 4.07

Came up and took Mac Jones with the pick, may yet trade him but 2.8 is a danger zone for me. You are hoping Marshall falls there or you are taking Toney just on capital.  Could still move Jones as I have Dak, Deshaun and Matt Ryan, but never anything wrong with having starting qb depth.  

Some trades in my leagues past few days and I'm not involved in any, thought they were all varying degrees of terrible.

FFPC:

Team A gave: Najee Harris

Team B gave: Terry McLaurin, Mike Williams, Firkser, Amon St. Brown and 6th in 2022.

Not FFPC, 12 team, single PPR, QRRWWTFF

Team A gave: 2022#1 (was pick 3 last year)

Team B got: 2.2 and 2.3

***Team B already had pick 2.4 and proceeded to pick Gainwell and Herbert  with the picks they got and Lawrence at 2.4****

Team A(same team A as above) gave: Deshaun Watson and Mecole Hardman

Team B gave: a 4th round pick and Gronk.

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Some trades in my leagues past few days and I'm not involved in any, thought they were all varying degrees of terrible.

FFPC:

Team A gave: Najee Harris

Team B gave: Terry McLaurin, Mike Williams, Firkser, Amon St. Brown and 6th in 2022.

Not FFPC, 12 team, single PPR, QRRWWTFF

Team A gave: 2022#1 (was pick 3 last year)

Team B got: 2.2 and 2.3

***Team B already had pick 2.4 and proceeded to pick Gainwell and Herbert  with the picks they got and Lawrence at 2.4****

Team A(same team A as above) gave: Deshaun Watson and Mecole Hardman

Team B gave: a 4th round pick and Gronk.

I'm not a fan of any of these at all.  I know people like Scary Terry and I do think St. Brown has some upside but that is a bunch of pennies for Harris in the 1st.

The 2nd was terrible.  I would never give a 1st for those picks personally if there was any chance that 1st would be high.  Gainwell and Herbert don't have a ton of value right now in the places they ended up.

I also don't think that is anywhere near enough for Watson.  He is elite and won't miss more than this year (if he misses the entire thing).  Gronk and a 4th just doesn't move the needle at all for me.  These are the type of trades I hate to see in my leagues.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I also don't think that is anywhere near enough for Watson.  He is elite and won't miss more than this year (if he misses the entire thing).  Gronk and a 4th just doesn't move the needle at all for me.  These are the type of trades I hate to see in my leagues.

I thought this was the worst trade of all. Gronk is close to worthless,  Hardman alone worth a 4 IMO so this is free Watson. Also think at most Watson misses this year but I actually lean on him being cleared to play at some point in 2021 if he wants to but regardless he's at most a year away.

The trade of his #1 used to pick those RB's is awful but at least they got a shot. Of course he could have just not picked Lawrence(he has Justin Herbert so was ok without Watson for awhile), and picked Gainwell at 2.4. He'd have retained his #1 in 2022, still had Watson.  In essence in a one start QB league he gave up Watson and his 2022#1 for Lawrence and Khalil Herbert. Oof.

This is a 10+ year old league  and I called him out for it during the draft and rest of the league left me hanging like I was the bad guy.

The Najee trade is also bad but that's one weird situation with that team. That team is on it's 4th owner already this off-season. I don't know what's up with the team but I think one of the guys who runs Dynasty Depot was owner 3, he drafted Najee, sold the team a few days after. So at least it's not as bad as picking Najee 1.1 and dealing him off but the whole thing is kind of odd.

2 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Edit to add additional trade just occured.... I am involved... 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR 

I gave up Phil RB Miles Sanders

I got Balt WR Hollywood Brown, 2022 1st (from above Team A gave up) & 4.04 pick 

Depending on the pick it could be okay, but I do like Miles Sanders.  I think he has great speed and if he can stay healthy + better QB play (I know that isn't guaranteed) - he could be a RB1.  I think there could have been a better WR for you than Marquise Brown.  

A controversial trade went down in one of my FFPC leagues.  Some of the other owners protested it but FFPC upheld it.

Team A gets:  CeeDee Lamb, DJ Moore, Jonnu Smith, 2022 6th, 2022 7th

Team B gets: Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Darren Waller, Deebo Samuel, 2022 2nd, 2022 4th

This kind of fits in with the discussion above about trading players before they fall off the cliff but IMO this is an example of somebody giving up way too much to try to reload with younger players.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I thought this was the worst trade of all. Gronk is close to worthless,  Hardman alone worth a 4 IMO so this is free Watson. Also think at most Watson misses this year but I actually lean on him being cleared to play at some point in 2021 if he wants to but regardless he's at most a year away.

The trade of his #1 used to pick those RB's is awful but at least they got a shot. Of course he could have just not picked Lawrence(he has Justin Herbert so was ok without Watson for awhile), and picked Gainwell at 2.4. He'd have retained his #1 in 2022, still had Watson.  In essence in a one start QB league he gave up Watson and his 2022#1 for Lawrence and Khalil Herbert. Oof.

This is a 10+ year old league  and I called him out for it during the draft and rest of the league left me hanging like I was the bad guy.

The Najee trade is also bad but that's one weird situation with that team. That team is on it's 4th owner already this off-season. I don't know what's up with the team but I think one of the guys who runs Dynasty Depot was owner 3, he drafted Najee, sold the team a few days after. So at least it's not as bad as picking Najee 1.1 and dealing him off but the whole thing is kind of odd.

That is odd.  I mostly only play with friends so don't have that type of thing happen.  That is interesting.  I agree on the Watson trade.  Just terrible.  

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

A controversial trade went down in one of my FFPC leagues.  Some of the other owners protested it but FFPC upheld it.

Team B gets: Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Darren Waller, Deebo Samuel, 2022 2nd, 2022 4th

This kind of fits in with the discussion above about trading players before they fall off the cliff but IMO this is an example of somebody giving up way too much to try to reload with younger players.

I agree with you here.  Losing A-Rob, Cooper, and Waller is a ton for Lamb.  With also giving a 2nd and 4th to get a 6th and 7th back.  I'm not big on Moore, Smith, or Deebo but this feels like an overpay for Lamb though big time.  I have seen worse but it definitely isn't a balanced trade.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Marauder said:

I'd take what team B got quite easily but don't see this as something anyone should be protesting and good of FFPC IMO to let it stand.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I agree with you here.  Losing A-Rob, Cooper, and Waller is a ton for Lamb.  With also giving a 2nd and 4th to get a 6th and 7th back.  I'm not big on Moore, Smith, or Deebo but this feels like an overpay for Lamb though big time.  I have seen worse but it definitely isn't a balanced trade.

I disagree. In 12 months I think Lamb and Moore might be the two most valuable assets in this deal. Not something that multiple owners should be protesting IMO

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BigAl21 said:

I disagree. In 12 months I think Lamb and Moore might be the two most valuable assets in this deal. Not something that multiple owners should be protesting IMO

I think the Moore love has gone way too far.  I agree on Lamb though.  Still think Waller & A-Rob will be great pieces for a few years.  I don't think it is veto worthy but I do think it is an overpay easily.

42 minutes ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

Depending on the pick it could be okay, but I do like Miles Sanders.  I think he has great speed and if he can stay healthy + better QB play (I know that isn't guaranteed) - he could be a RB1.  I think there could have been a better WR for you than Marquise Brown.  

Thanks.  I think the Phi Offense under Sirianni will not make them "high octane" but more bottom of the barrel.  I like Sanders too, but Phi QB Hurts will take come carries and Sirianni is a reported RBBC believer.  I don't see Sanders getting more than 180-200 touches.  That to me warrants looking to move him.   This trade gives me 3 2022 1st's & 3 2022 2nds in my rebuild effort.  I believe the 2022 class will offer higher volume & caliber play makers.  

58 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

cooper is better than lamb (and i like lamb a lot)

Cooper is also young. I don't get it

I think Lamb is far more talented and could very well be the WR1 in dynasty after this season.  He was well on his way there before Dak got hurt.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

This is a deal between two owners who really love CeeDee Lamb. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I think Lamb is far more talented and could very well be the WR1 in dynasty after this season.  He was well on his way there before Dak got hurt.

I hear the bolded all the time while everyone seems to want to crap on Cooper but he was the #1WR in fantasy after Dak's full 4 games and that was while drawing more difficult coverage.  So yes Lamb is coming along but Cooper already arrived and I'm in the camp that still thinks Cooper is more talented, not more valued, but more talented.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I hear the bolded all the time while everyone seems to want to crap on Cooper but he was the #1WR in fantasy after Dak's full 4 games and that was while drawing more difficult coverage.  So yes Lamb is coming along but Cooper already arrived and I'm in the camp that still thinks Cooper is more talented, not more valued, but more talented.

If you want to play games with partial seasons, why not mention that Lamb and Cooper were within 1 point of each other in PPR standings after Week 5?

We've seen what Cooper is, we know his ceiling.  He'll never be more than a high WR2, and his dynasty ranking accurately reflects that. Lamb could (and maybe should already) be the WR1 overall.

Midway through last season Amari Cooper was kind of a persona non grata and didn't fetch much in return.

As we sit here right now you can argue that he is a better NFL receiver than Lamb,  but we'll scoff at that notion by the end of this next season.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

If you want to play games with partial seasons, why not mention that Lamb and Cooper were within 1 point of each other in PPR standings after Week 5?

We've seen what Cooper is, we know his ceiling.  He'll never be more than a high WR2, and his dynasty ranking accurately reflects that. Lamb could (and maybe should already) be the WR1 overall.

Whoa, I'm not playing games and was just responding to your post. I only deal in full games but sure we can use the Dak partial game and Cooper was still better despite drawing the top coverage because he's still more talented while Lamb operated out of the slot 85% of the time.

And Coopers already been a WR1 and is one of the best point per target WR's in the league during his career.  He's  been a steady volume guy most years but never a huge volume guy is his main issue of rising higher, his career high not counting week 17 is WR13 in targets.

No one is arguing who is more valuable in dynasty.

Edited by menobrown
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

I might be a touch off here (and maybe not, im going off memory), but Cooper WAS the #1 ppr wr while dak was playing

Eta: was already discussed above. Anyways, i stand by it. I think cooper is a better nfl receiver. But lamb is a boss, i own him. I love him

Edited by Soulfly3
6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Midway through last season Amari Cooper was kind of a persona non grata and didn't fetch much in return.

As we sit here right now you can argue that he is a better NFL receiver than Lamb,  but we'll scoff at that notion by the end of this next season.

I do think Lamb could surpass him on talent but they are really different kind of WR's playing different roles so not an easy thing to measure. For me I need to see Lamb as the outside WR drawing top coverage and excelling before I can say he's more talented and again no argument from probably a single soul who plays dynasty who is more valuable, that is not close.

Interestingly to me that in FFPC redrafts they are going as WR13 and WR14 with Lamb going first and that surprises me, not that Lamb is going higher but that they are that close because I know how much fantasy people are down on Cooper and high on Lamb and not just in dynasty.  Cooper for most part remains persona non grata in fantasy community from what I can tell.

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

I like Lamb a lot and think Cooper might be gone after this year once his guaranteed money is gone but I think this might be a touch much.  He is a monster though.  I wish I had more shares in him.

1 QB IDP League 1RB/2WR/1TE 2 Flex offense

Guy who typically is in the hunt makes 3 different trades the net was:

Got 1.01 (took Lawrence, 1.03 Ptts, 1.04 Chase

Gave Jacobs, J.Robinson, D.Adams, Cousins, 1.13,3.07 & 22 2nd

On paper using the FFG dynasty value he "gained" 10% in value, until he took Lawrence with the 1st pick. 

31 minutes ago, PantherThunder said:

1 QB IDP League 1RB/2WR/1TE 2 Flex offense

Guy who typically is in the hunt makes 3 different trades the net was:

Got 1.01 (took Lawrence, 1.03 Ptts, 1.04 Chase

Gave Jacobs, J.Robinson, D.Adams, Cousins, 1.13,3.07 & 22 2nd

On paper using the FFG dynasty value he "gained" 10% in value, until he took Lawrence with the 1st pick. 

He did really good there.  Not sure how he was able to get all of that with Jacobs value tanking with Drake, J-Rob getting Etienne there, and Adams maybe losing A-Rod.  I can see why he is in the hunt normally.

7 hours ago, Buckna said:

Sermon and Lockett have similar ADP’s based on DLF so this is an almost free upgrade to a nice 1st next year IMO. Even if their ADPs head in opposite directions by this time next year, mid-1sts have a lot of trade value in season and have a nice shot of easily turning into early 1sts with just a key injury or under-performing player.

Would a mid-1st in-season garner a Zeke or even Etienne (if he's off to a slow-ish start), or even Cook depending on their team outlook?

A dynasty team falling out of the race midseason will sell plenty of production for a 1st. Just wanted to highlight that as part of this deal's potential in a few months. Could turn into Zeke-Lockett or an RB1 producer plus Lockett. Or obviously holding the pick until the offseason or OTC.

5 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I think the Moore love has gone way too far.  I agree on Lamb though.  Still think Waller & A-Rob will be great pieces for a few years.  I don't think it is veto worthy but I do think it is an overpay easily.

Still though, Moore goes ahead of both ARob and Cooper in startups yet you're kind of tossing him to the side of the deal like he's some throw-in.

I agree the team giving Waller/ARob gave too much but it's mostly a bunch of nickels added onto the end that really tilt it to not being that close, but the core of the deal is very reasonable.  

12 Team PPR. Deep benches

Team A gets:  Swift, 1.7, Herbert, Dillion, Darrayton Evans 

Team B:  James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Kenny Golladay, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, 4.11, Malcom Brown/Salvon Ahmed. 

10 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Team B:  James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Kenny Golladay, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, 4.11, Malcom Brown/Salvon Ahmed. 

Swift side for me

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Gally said:

This feeds into my point.  It is much easier to get the aging veteran that still has value in the current year because people want the shiny new toy so the value is so much better.  This is where the balance comes in.  If you can get the Lamb/Akers for reasonable prices of course you do it unfortunately that very rarely happens.  The key is finding the disappointing 2nd/3rd year guys that have a reason to improve and getting them at a discount. That is where you get true value.  

I think this is one of the quirks that makes the game go. I can thrive by picking guys who will become studs before they prove it for my older sturs before they start to fall off. You can thrive picking older guys who turn out to have 2-3 good years left for your shiny kids that don't prove out. I need to be good at picking which kids will be stars. You need to be good at picking which older gentlemen have quality years left. I'm glad we're both good at what we do. I imagine the guy who can do both flawlessly will thrash us both - at least in his own mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Omg not even close...

• Like 5

Team A easily...the three best Dynasty pieces in this deal are Swift, Herbert and the 1.7 and Dillon is far more than a throw-in...I really don't understand what Team B is trying to accomplish with this deal.

• Like 1

That's pretty gross. 

3 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

No

• Like 1

Several trades now that the draft is fully underway.  1 QB 1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-3TE 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

TEAM A Gave up:  QB D Carr LVR, QB T Taylor Hou, WR B Edwards LVR, TE J Cook LAC

TEAM B Gave up:  TE Jonnu Smith NEP

TEAM C Gave up: QB D Watson Hou, TE L Thomas Was

TEAM D Gave up: TE M Gesicki, 2.09 (Nico Collins)

TEAM A Gave up: RB Miles Sanders Phil

TEAM E Gave up: WR M Brown Balt, 4.04, 2022 1st 

TEAM D Gave up: QB R Tannehill Tenn, 2022 1st

TEAM E Gave up: 2.01 (Rashod Bateman)

Received this offer in a 12 team super flex league, TE premium (2ppr):
Wentz and J. Chase
for
T Higgins, Mims, H. Henry, Fournette, Gaskin

My team is a contender but needs a RB2 (or two) and would like another startable TE. Other squad needs a QB and the guy loves Chase. Usually, exchanging a dollar for 4 quarters isn't smart in dynasty... but this one certainly addresses specific needs...

I have enough droppable players to fit net gain of 3 guys. 

Reasons to pause, or hit accept?

16 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Still though, Moore goes ahead of both ARob and Cooper in startups yet you're kind of tossing him to the side of the deal like he's some throw-in.

I agree the team giving Waller/ARob gave too much but it's mostly a bunch of nickels added onto the end that really tilt it to not being that close, but the core of the deal is very reasonable.  

I did say I think it isn't veto worthy or anything.  Just a big overpay in my opinion but I am willing to grant that part of my feelings are because of my feelings on Moore.  I am not a big fan personally.

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

Several trades now that the draft is fully underway.  1 QB 1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-3TE 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

TEAM A Gave up:  QB D Carr LVR, QB T Taylor Hou, WR B Edwards LVR, TE J Cook LAC

TEAM B Gave up:  TE Jonnu Smith NEP

TEAM C Gave up: QB D Watson Hou, TE L Thomas Was

TEAM D Gave up: TE M Gesicki, 2.09 (Nico Collins)

TEAM A Gave up: RB Miles Sanders Phil

TEAM E Gave up: WR M Brown Balt, 4.04, 2022 1st 

TEAM D Gave up: QB R Tannehill Tenn, 2022 1st

TEAM E Gave up: 2.01 (Rashod Bateman)

I don't play TE premium but seems like a lot of roster fodder for Team A in the 1st one and I wouldn't want to be starting Carr or Taylor but honestly wouldn't want to have to start Jannu Smith either.

Seems way light for Watson in the 2nd by a long way. 

I don't think I'd trade Sanders for what Team A did as Hollywood is almost worthless and a a 4th isn't worth much.  Hopefully that 1st they got ends up early. 

I don't like Bateman's landing spot at all but his talent is great.  I like this move in one QB leagues as Tanny isn't worth a ton but if that 1st ends up early, Team D got a steal.  Fair trade though.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cheen said:

Team A: Amari Cooper

Team B: Chark + Ruggs

Team A is a contender, team B is rebuilding

Traded Amari last year in package for MT, might be time to try to trade back for him if this is what he's going for.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, rizzonius said:

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE+IDP

Chubb for 1.04+Amari Cooper

4/Cooper and fwiw Cooper is the least valued part of the trade for me but in a league I got to start 3 WR's to get an about to be 27 year old Cooper while getting a few years younger at RB seems like a no brainer.

5 hours ago, Dagwood1985 said:

Received this offer in a 12 team super flex league, TE premium (2ppr):
Wentz and J. Chase
for
T Higgins, Mims, H. Henry, Fournette, Gaskin

My team is a contender but needs a RB2 (or two) and would like another startable TE. Other squad needs a QB and the guy loves Chase. Usually, exchanging a dollar for 4 quarters isn't smart in dynasty... but this one certainly addresses specific needs...

I have enough droppable players to fit net gain of 3 guys. 

Reasons to pause, or hit accept?

This thread is for completed trades only. Try the Assistant Coach Forum, or reword this a bit and post in this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/748837-dynasty-value-discussion-thread/

But I don't think you should do that trade.

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

4/Cooper and fwiw Cooper is the least valued part of the trade for me but in a league I got to start 3 WR's to get an about to be 27 year old Cooper while getting a few years younger at RB seems like a no brainer.

Not sure I'd say it is a no brainer and I think it depends on the makeup of your team but just looking at it on paper with no context, I'd agree on the Cooper/1.4 side.

• Like 2