Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

10 team (very competitive) 1ppr/1.5ppr TE Dynasty

TJ Hockenson + 2022 1st +2023 2nd

For

Saquon Barkley

eta: saquon was the guy's 3rd best rb, and only required to start 1. And he had fodder at TE

21 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

For

Saquon Barkley

eta: saquon was the guy's 3rd best rb, and only required to start 1. And he had fodder at TE

Still seems really light for Saquon. And how stacked is this guys team that Barkley is his RB3? 

12 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Still seems really light for Saquon. And how stacked is this guys team that Barkley is his RB3? 

pretty stacked, esp at RB... if Gurley didnt magically die at 24/25 he'd have him too (and he's still only 26)

12 hours ago, menobrown said:

Saw this one go down in FFPC league of mine a few hours ago and honesty thought it was a mistake and got accepted in error:

Team A gave: Jonnu Smith

Team B gave: 2022#1 from 9th best team in league last year and OJ Howard

Just don't even know what to say.  This just seems terrible.  I'm really glad I don't see many trades that are like this.  Lopsided ones happen but these are the types that have no business happening.

10 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR, not involved

Team gave Miles Sanders, 2022 First, 2023 2nd

Team got Cam Akers

I like Akers much more than Sanders personally but this feels like an overpay to me.  I know everyone is in love with Akers right now and it might work out but Sanders was thought of just as highly as Akers was this time last offseason.  Not sure this works out but I do think Akers has a really good year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

For

Saquon Barkley

Curious which 2 people think are better than Barkley as that is odd with him being ranked in the top 3 or 4 (sometimes still as high as 2) in startup rankings?  This feels light to me even though Hock's value is spiked in TE Premium.  Feels like he could have got more but each league is different.

2 minutes ago, Royalsfan420 said:

Team A Gave Kyler Murray 

Team B gave DK Metcalf and a 2nd

Ppr dynasty superflex 

Team A has Mahomes and Arodg.. Plus picks 3 and 4 in rookie draft.. 

Did team B win the trade? 

I think both teams improved their lineup substantially and this is a win-win for both. Rodgers retirement is the biggest concern. But with 1.03 and 1.04 I think that is mitigated. I'd rather walk away with Mahomes/Fields or Lance/Rodgers to pair with Metcalf and BPA at 1.04 than to have Mahomes/Murray/Rodgers and BPAx2. I certainly like Chase a lot but I'd rather have Metcalf and this way he has a really good chance at both. Pitts is just as much in play as he was before but after getting Metcalf it might empower him to take Pitts instead of Chase, if it falls like that. And the future 2nd is a nice little cherry that doesn't hurt.

Team B probably needed a QB, no? Can only be good for him, then. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Team got Cam Akers

I’d rather have Akers. But I don’t think much of Sanders. I know someone said this was a slight overpay but this time next year I think it’ll look like a home run for Akers side. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Godwin, 4th
I got Claypool, 2nd

Very interesting deal and one I suspect each side came away thinking they got a bargain. 

Really depends on who you get with the second. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Royalsfan420 said:

Team A Gave Kyler Murray 

Team B gave DK Metcalf and a 2nd

Ppr dynasty superflex 

Team A has Mahomes and Arodg.. Plus picks 3 and 4 in rookie draft.. 

Did team B win the trade? 

I think this is pretty fair.  I think it is light for Murray but with his QBs and picks, there is nothing wrong with not maximizing value to get the player you want.  Nothing wrong with this but I'd say Team B won slightly in value for SF.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tombonneau said:

I’d rather have Akers. But I don’t think much of Sanders. I know someone said this was a slight overpay but this time next year I think it’ll look like a home run for Akers side. 

I agree with preferring Akers but depending where that 1st & 2nd end up, they get like #1-2 overall, and Akers has a sophomore season like Sanders just did then this will be a home run for the Sanders side.  Especially if he bounces back.  I don't see an issue with the trade but could end up being a slight overpay and I think the Akers love has gone a little too far personally.  I know I may be in the minority.

Edited by Jonesin For Some Football
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Godwin, 4th
I got Claypool, 2nd

I was looking at this exact trade. Now I have a frame of reference. I'm really hesitant without Big Ben in Pittsuburgh, though.

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I was looking at this exact trade. Now I have a frame of reference. I'm really hesitant without Big Ben in Pittsuburgh, though.

I get the argument as Godwin hasn't signed a full contract, many other mouths to feed, and TB12 could hang it up in 2 years.  I think it is pretty fair but I just feel Godwin has true top tier upside....I'm not sure I feel that way about Claypool.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I get the argument as Godwin hasn't signed a full contract, many other mouths to feed, and TB12 could hang it up in 2 years.  I think it is pretty fair but I just feel Godwin has true top tier upside....I'm not sure I feel that way about Claypool.

I think Claypool does have top tier upside, personally. He finished in the top twenty-four as a rookie. Very few guys finish that highly and don't repeat. Of course, his four touchdown day helped, but I think he brings unique things to the table. Anecdotally, what sold me on him was his catch against the Giants on the sidelines last year on one of the weeknight games. It really opened my eyes up and I began to watch him all over the field. He showed supreme field awareness and hands on the grab, and he was just a rookie. I'd love to see what Matt Harmon has to say about him, but I don't think I can cough up the thirty bucks to get another FF subscription.

https://youtu.be/nAdX2uFoqRU

eta* I think Godwin is a top-flight receiver, but there are so many mouths to feed in Tampa and then who knows where he'll go and if he'll still be in prime physical condition. I know his age, but the ages get younger for football, the windows smaller. He is also a candidate for a second franchise tag, which puts him right back with a crowded receiving room no matter if A. Brown ages out of it or not. Miller, Johnson, Darden, all those guys will compete for targets in the upcoming years.

Edited by rockaction

35 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think Claypool does have top tier upside, personally. He finished in the top twenty-four as a rookie. Very few guys finish that highly and don't repeat. Of course, his four touchdown day helped, but I think he brings unique things to the table. Anecdotally, what sold me on him was his catch against the Giants on the sidelines last year on one of the weeknight games. It really opened my eyes up and I began to watch him all over the field. He showed supreme field awareness and hands on the grab, and he was just a rookie. I'd love to see what Matt Harmon has to say about him, but I don't think I can cough up the thirty bucks to get another FF subscription.

https://youtu.be/nAdX2uFoqRU

eta* I think Godwin is a top-flight receiver, but there are so many mouths to feed in Tampa and then who knows where he'll go and if he'll still be in prime physical condition. I know his age, but the ages get younger for football, the windows smaller. He is also a candidate for a second franchise tag, which puts him right back with a crowded receiving room no matter if A. Brown ages out of it or not. Miller, Johnson, Darden, all those guys will compete for targets in the upcoming years.

I don't completely disagree and like his talent.  I was talking like top 5 or so WR and Godwin has already done it.  I just don't think Claypool ever gets quite that high but depends on who his QB is.  I think you are right on in your thought process though.  I think I would hold due to Big Ben though.  Nobody can really be a top tier WR with Rudolph throwing them the ball.  I don't have much more faith in Haskins either.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't completely disagree and like his talent.  I was talking like top 5 or so WR and Godwin has already done it.  I just don't think Claypool ever gets quite that high but depends on who his QB is.  I think you are right on in your thought process though.  I think I would hold due to Big Ben though.  Nobody can really be a top tier WR with Rudolph throwing them the ball.  I don't have much more faith in Haskins either.

Very true. And situations change and are fluid, as we both sort of note with Rudolph. Anyway, it's something I would think about but that particular GM in our league (the one who has Claypool) won't answer any trade requests, no matter how fair. I don't know what I did, but he obviously lets trades sit on the vine and never responds. So this is sort of a useless exercise, anyway. Bummer.

Edited by rockaction

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Very true. And situations change and are fluid, as we both sort of note with Rudolph. Anyway, it's something I would think about but that particular GM in our league (the one who has Claypool) won't answer any trade requests, no matter how fair. I don't know what I did, but he obviously lets trades sit on the vine and never responds. So this is sort of a useless exercise, anyway. Bummer.

I hate people like that.  All leagues have a couple.  I'd rather someone just say "go F yourself" than ignore me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Team got Cam Akers

Nice sell-high on Akers.

I wouldn't be surprised if this time next year Sanders and Akers are similar in value, plus a 1st and 2nd? Give me the 2.5 outs over Akers.

12 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

For

Saquon Barkley

Light for Saquon. In a 10 teamer the blue chip studs are all the more valuable, no? Need as many as those as one can get.

"TE premium" is just propaganda for deals like this to be pulled off

5 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Godwin, 4th
I got Claypool, 2nd

I agree with @Jonesin For Some Football that you are taking on a bit of risk that Claypool has top flight WR in him. Godwin has already done it, is a 2nd on top worth the risk? I personally don't think so. I also think it's selling a bit low on Godwin and buying high on Claypool.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB. 20 player rosters.

Team A gave: 1.11, 2022 3rd

Team B gave: 2.12, 2022 1st (late), 2022 2nd

This seems fair enough to me.  I'm not really high on the late 1sts this year but haven't heard great things about the 22 rookie class either.  Swapping the 3rd for 2 2nds makes this worth it if you don't have your eye on anyone specifically.

9 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think Claypool and Godwin are nearly the same receiver in terms of situation and production. Claypool is a couple years younger and I get the 2nd, which in SF is like a 1st-lite. 

Also, and this is important, neither Godwin or Claypool will crack my starting lineup in this league except in the case of injury and bye weeks. 

And Claypool absolutely has WR1 upside. I worry about the mouths to feed with Godwin and see his value on a major descent this year. I worry about the same mouths to feed problem with CC, though, but of all Pitt WRs who has the most TD upside? In Tampa?

I think it is a pretty fair player for player trade but I'm getting the 2nd. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheen said:

I agree with @Jonesin For Some Football that you are taking on a bit of risk that Claypool has top flight WR in him. Godwin has already done it, is a 2nd on top worth the risk? I personally don't think so. I also think it's selling a bit low on Godwin and buying high on Claypool.

I think it is selling high on Godwin and buying low on Claypool. I love him and I could be wrong but I am betting Godwin will never be top 5 again. Probably not top 10. Claypool might. 

This is my WR5 in a SF format where I can start only 3 WRs unless I bench my second QB. Then I can start 4. If I don't like my 3rd RB, which I just might. Long way of saying the risk you speak of is minimal, because even if it is realized it will likely be on my bench. 

The risk of Claypool becoming a bench clogger is less than the risk of Godwin doing so IMO. Neither is likely.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

Need RBs pretty bad and am strong and deep at WR. Rodgers drama scares me.

I have Adams in a FFPC and would not do this deal even if Rodgers was traded. I guess we value Mixon different even with super flex making the 2nd little better

42 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

This seems like too much for Mixon. Mixon is valued highly in the FF cognoscenti community, but Adams is steep. Maybe I'll send out a flyer to the Adams owners in my leagues.

40 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

Fully understand the Rodgers fear but if he doesn't get dealt this will be one you will regret in a pretty big way...even if he does go I probably wouldn't do it as I am not a big Mixon guy...quality RB but he will be 25 in July and has never had more than 1,500 total yards or 10 total TDs in four seasons...I understand testing the waters on Adams but Mixon is not the guy I would do it for.

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

Good exit, filled a need and upgraded the pick.

34 minutes ago, MTskibum said:

Seperate trade, but in the same league

Gave:

Got:

Shenault

Nice pick up, Shenault is worth a high to mid 2nd to me. The 2.11 is a good free piece to have. Shenault should be working the right part of the field to get maximum benefit from Trevor.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:10 PM, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I agree with preferring Akers but depending where that 1st & 2nd end up, they get like #1-2 overall, and Akers has a sophomore season like Sanders just did then this will be a home run for the Sanders side.  Especially if he bounces back.  I don't see an issue with the trade but could end up being a slight overpay and I think the Akers love has gone a little too far personally.  I know I may be in the minority.

Agree. I think it’s as at least an equal chance Sanders has the better career than Akers (seems like the better talent to me). Why not take the picks side? 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Adams, 2022 4th
I got Mixon, 2022 2nd

Man, I own Mixon and would deal him in a heartbeat for Adams only because I have CMC, Henry, Chubb, Hunt, AJones, and MDavis

Edited by BearsFan4Life

2 hours ago, BearsFan4Life said:

Man, I own Mixon and would deal him in a heartbeat for Adams only because I have CMC, Henry, Chubb, Hunt, AJones, and MDavis

So you have CMC, King Henry, Chubb, Mixon and Aaron Jones all on the same team. I’m going to need an explanation here. 

• Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Sermon even if my team was a contender. Good trade, legit surprised you could get that for Julio.

I was surprised as well. He was drafted at 1.08 two weeks ago and I don’t think I could have ever gotten the 1.08 for Julio on the clock. I think that 8 pick was after a tier break and maybe he wasn’t thrilled with Sermon after the fact. Not sure...

On 5/22/2021 at 2:01 AM, barackdhouse said:

I think it is selling high on Godwin and buying low on Claypool. I love him and I could be wrong but I am betting Godwin will never be top 5 again. Probably not top 10. Claypool might. 

This is my WR5 in a SF format where I can start only 3 WRs unless I bench my second QB. Then I can start 4. If I don't like my 3rd RB, which I just might. Long way of saying the risk you speak of is minimal, because even if it is realized it will likely be on my bench. 

The risk of Claypool becoming a bench clogger is less than the risk of Godwin doing so IMO. Neither is likely.

I wondered your WR depth, this makes sense

1 minute ago, jwsbowler said:

PPR Dynasty 12 teams, TE premium.

Team A:  Kamara, 2022 3rd (projected late, 21 pick was 12th)

Team B:  Jeudy, Gaskin, 2022 1st (projected playoff team, 21 pick was 9th)

Kamara.  Always taking the dollar bill over the separate quarters.  The 22 third (to balance?) was pretty funny though

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Reagor, Jalen PHI WR; 
  • Fant, Noah DEN TE;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.12

Team B gave up 

• White, James NEP RB; 
  • Johnson, Diontae PIT WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.11

On 5/22/2021 at 6:25 PM, MTskibum said:

Seperate trade, but in the same league

Gave:

Got:

Shenault

Funny, I did almost the opposite and traded Shenault to move from the bottom to the top of the second round to snag Waddle when he was falling.  Who was there at 2.02 that you passed on?

38 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Reagor, Jalen PHI WR; 
  • Fant, Noah DEN TE;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.12

Team B gave up 

• White, James NEP RB; 
  • Johnson, Diontae PIT WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.11

I prefer Fant and Reagor.

47 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

Funny, I did almost the opposite and traded Shenault to move from the bottom to the top of the second round to snag Waddle when he was falling.  Who was there at 2.02 that you passed on?

Nobody, the draft is in August.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:01 AM, barackdhouse said:

I don’t really get this. I think the fact that Godwin missed 4 games last year is clouding his value a bit.  TB was not an ideal situation last year, yet Godwin put up 65-840-7, which would prorate out to 87-1120-9 over 16 games.  He averaged 15.9ppg last year, which was more than Evans, McLaurin, and Amari (QB woes noted).  He averaged just 1.2ppg less than Metcalf, who is everyone’s darling. Guess I just don’t see this inherent downside to Godwin.  He’s on a one year deal, one in which they paid him $15MM for, so he could very easily end up in a primo spot next year as a number 1 as well.  

(Also, I love Claypool more than most.  Just don’t get quite understand why people have soured on Godwin so much after a top 15 ppg finish ast year.)