What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Maybe... tough for me to value him in a 10 team, non-PPR format.
The format doesn’t matter much because it still comes down to the scarcity of the TE position. It’s a mid to upper TE1 for the 14th pick this year (~ a Michael Carter type) and another Michael Carter type prospect next year. Gimme the 2 for 1 where I get the best player + a roster spot 

The format doesn’t matter much because it still comes down to the scarcity of the TE position. It’s a mid to upper TE1 for the 14th pick this year (~ a Michael Carter type) and another Michael Carter type prospect next year. Gimme the 2 for 1 where I get the best player + a roster spot 
Scarcity at the TE position decreases with fewer teams is what I think he’s alluding to.

Scarcity at the TE position decreases with fewer teams is what I think he’s alluding to.
I hear ya, but 10 teamers are all about studs. Everybody starts studs all over their lineups, because so few players get started in total. Benches are usually shallow too, so the wire is plentiful and roster spots are at a premium. Therefore early-mid seconds have much less value than 12 and 14 teamers. There's a good chance the player they get at #14 overall won't contribute to their starting lineup for more than a few weeks total and will burn a roster spot while they wait and see.

Tl;dr: Hockenson by a mile

I hear ya, but 10 teamers are all about studs. Everybody starts studs all over their lineups, because so few players get started in total. Benches are usually shallow too, so the wire is plentiful and roster spots are at a premium. Therefore early-mid seconds have much less value than 12 and 14 teamers. There's a good chance the player they get at #14 overall won't contribute to their starting lineup for more than a few weeks total and will burn a roster spot while they wait and see.

Tl;dr: Hockenson by a mile
But I think the same can be said for TE's.  There isn't much differentiating them and you will always be able to find one you can plug in for 90% of what Hock will do as the flavor of the month.  You can find a Logan Thomas or Tonyan fairly easily each year while getting two dart throws that may turn out to be a Kamara (he was drafted in that range the year he came out) seems like it has quite a bit of value.  You won't necessarily hit the dart throws but it is possible and if you can work waivers it seems worth it.

Recent trade for me. I was able to land Dobbins. 

1QB 

Dynasty PPR

Berserkers gave up Dobbins, J.K. BAL RB; Brown, John LVR WR

Holieway Custom Furs gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.05; Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick from Holieway Custom Furs

In my other dynasty Lg - 1QB, .5 PPR

I am likely 2 good/great players away from competing for a ship. My plan was to try and trade back but not so far back that I couldn’t land what I foresee as an elite talent (likely one of the Bama rookie WRs) whoever falls to me at 1.07. I also wanted to add another dart 🎯 to fire at the board next year hoping to acquire an early to mid round 2022 1st. I was able to get the trade I wanted.

Trade

Holieway Custom Furs gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.03; Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick from Holieway Custom Furs

Back Wall Bangers gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.07; Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick from Back Wall Bangers

Last edited by a moderator:
In my other dynasty Lg - 1QB, .5 PPR

I am likely 2 good/great players away from competing for a ship. My plan was to try and trade back but not so far back that I couldn’t land what I foresee as an elite talent (likely one of the Bama rookie WRs) whoever falls to me at 1.07.

Trade

Holieway Custom Furs gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.03; Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick from Holieway Custom Furs

Back Wall Bangers gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.07; Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick from Back Wall Bangers
I'd hope that 22 1st is projected early-ish as this is probably light for 1.3 if that is a back half of the 1st round pick.  Trading back isn't a terrible idea but I'd have to get paid more than this to move it.  Especially since you are losing a 2nd next year too.

Why would Jamal Williams be in over Swift in such a situation?
Why have your dynamic, 22-year old 2nd round pick out there in meaningless situations when you have a guy in Jamaal on a relatively cheap deal that’s just as good of a pass catcher(albeit less dynamic)? 

And how many do you think this team is going to win? Maybe I’m underestimating this Lions team. But I’m not expert either. 
I’m not predicting wins and losses - I’m predicting they’ll try to win. You’re predicting they’ll just give up and pull their good players when they fall behind.

They probably go 2-15 or or 3-14.
Yeah. I just looked at their schedule, I could maybe see 5 wins as their ceiling. It’s very difficult for running backs to rise above an inefficient and trash offense and finish as an RB1. I think Swift is very talented, but this offense is going to cap him. And Jamaal is going to eat into those targets as well, further capping his PPR ceiling. 

JoeJoe88 said:
Yeah. I just looked at their schedule, I could maybe see 5 wins as their ceiling. It’s very difficult for running backs to rise above an inefficient and trash offense and finish as an RB1. I think Swift is very talented, but this offense is going to cap him. And Jamaal is going to eat into those targets as well, further capping his PPR ceiling. 
I agree.  I have been arguing that on here all off-season.  Love his talent though.  No thank you on that team with the additions they made.  They even drafted a RB.  I wouldn't pay top dollar for him in dynasty and with the crazy love he is getting, I doubt I get him on any of my redraft teams either this year.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
Wow.  That isn't even close to enough for Dobbins.  Seems like a terrible trade for the guy getting 1.5.
Also, I think you're right here. This seems pretty light. John Brown and the 1.5? If that's what it takes, I'm buying all over.

Also, I think you're right here. This seems pretty light. John Brown and the 1.5? If that's what it takes, I'm buying all over.
Unfortunately I don’t think this is representative of the larger picture, but rather anecdotal. He’s going for much more routinely...

Wow.  That isn't even close to enough for Dobbins.  Seems like a terrible trade for the guy getting 1.5.
Guessing it goes to show with this I want instant returns for my rookie draft picks I am seeing in my dynasty leagues that some don’t believe Dobbins is going to be a monster going forward. 
Maybe a player you can get if you are a believer in JKD and fire out a decent offer? With Ingram departing and that impressive 6 ypc I went shopping and collected. Gladly give up the 1.05 instead of any type of gamble drafting a rookie at 1.05.  I would have paid more. 

I'd hope that 22 1st is projected early-ish as this is probably light for 1.3 if that is a back half of the 1st round pick.  Trading back isn't a terrible idea but I'd have to get paid more than this to move it.  Especially since you are losing a 2nd next year too.
Won’t argue with that logic. If he hits a home run with 1.03 and I whiff with 1.07 it was a mistake.
Knowing this league/owner he is drafting ETN. I am not as sold on ETN and love what people are getting at 1.07 in 1 QB,non flex, non TE+, .5 PPR leagues. I also like the idea of having 2 early to mid 1st round rookie picks in 2022 where I will be using those picks to land the best RB rookie prospect or BPA(s). 

Thanks for input. 

Dr. Octopus said:
I’m not predicting wins and losses - I’m predicting they’ll try to win. You’re predicting they’ll just give up and pull their good players when they fall behind.
I think the Lions drafting the best OL Sewell to plug in at RT for the next X years, with an established LT in Decker says a lot for what the Lions are preparing for. 
Protecting the QB and aiding a young versatile RB is a good start. Early reports on the 4th rd WR selection are very positive. I hope DET adds some WR help for Goff in the 22 draft or via FA. 

I won't touch your other points, but this guy is a smallish RB in the sixth round who ran a 4.6 at his pro day and tested terribly in other physical tests. They were clearly adding depth there. Jefferson will be lucky if he makes the squad. 
I agree with what you are saying for the most part.  I'm just saying a bunch of little things adds up to big things.  Signing J-Will, drafting a guy, brand new coach, terrible line, bringing in old vets for workouts.  You are right that Jefferson doesn't hurt his value much and that allowed them to cut Kerryon.  Just another thing that adds to the pile for me.  I think Swift is fine though and has a good year.  Love his talent too.  Just don't think his upside is quite as high as a lot of people in here.

Won’t argue with that logic. If he hits a home run with 1.03 and I whiff with 1.07 it was a mistake.
Knowing this league/owner he is drafting ETN. I am not as sold on ETN and love what people are getting at 1.07 in 1 QB,non flex, non TE+, .5 PPR leagues. I also like the idea of having 2 early to mid 1st round rookie picks in 2022 where I will be using those picks to land the best RB rookie prospect or BPA(s). 

Thanks for input. 
I agree with you on Etienne.  I have him ranked 5 personally.  1.07 should get you a good WR with a ton of upside.  I don't have a problem with the move at all.  Just thought you should have got more but you wouldn't want to drop any further.  I'm at 1.5 and 1.8 and not sure what I'm doing with the 2nd pick yet.

All of these are....12tm SF PPC TE Prem

1.11 (Waddle), 22 1st, 22 2nd (both projected later)

FOR

Dalvin Cook

3.03 (Nico Collins)

FOR

Rashaad Penny

2.11 (Amon-Ra St.Brown)

FOR

Darrel Williams, 23 2nd (early-mid)

3.11 (Tylan Wallace)

FOR

Latavius Murray

4.05 (Dez Fitzpatrick)

FOR

James Washington

Carson Wentz, 5.11, 6.08, 6.11

FOR

Kyle Trask, 23 1st, 23 3rd (mid with early upside)

FOR
Dalvin Cook 

3.03 (Nico Collins)

FOR

Rashaad Penny

2.11 (Amon-Ra St.Brown)

FOR

Darrel Williams, 23 2nd (early-mid)****I might prefer the board at 2.11 over Amon Ra depending on who is there

3.11 (Tylan Wallace) 

FOR

Latavius Murray

4.05 (Dez Fitzpatrick)

FOR

James Washington

FOR

I agree with you on Etienne.  I have him ranked 5 personally.  1.07 should get you a good WR with a ton of upside.  I don't have a problem with the move at all.  Just thought you should have got more but you wouldn't want to drop any further.  I'm at 1.5 and 1.8 and not sure what I'm doing with the 2nd pick yet.
Just curious what type of league you are in and what are your biggest weaknesses on your roster?

Just curious what type of league you are in and what are your biggest weaknesses on your roster?
It is a 12 team, 1 QB (6 points for all TDs), .5 PPR, no SF or no TE premium.  I don't have any real weaknesses so I'll probably just go best available.  My roster is below:

QB - Dak, Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold

RB - Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, David Montgomery, Gus Edwards, Gio, Benny Snell, Ty Johnson, Eno Benjamin

WR - Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, A-Rob, Sterling Shepard, Jalen Reagor, Breshad Perriman, Cephus

TE - Kelce, Irv Smith

Just depth really is all I need.  Returning champ.

I'm in Oregon so I love Sewell and they did address the line but that doesn't automatically mean they will turn it around immediately with a new coach and Goff at QB.  They will improve though yes and got a steal with Sewell as I think Cincy made a huge mistake passing on him even though I love Chase.
Their o-line was ranked 13th out of 32 teams LAST season - which is already above average and now they added Sewell.

12 team PPR league

• Gave up McKissic, J.D. WAS RB; Gage, Russell ATL WR; Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11
  • Got Chark, D.J. JAC WR; Howard, O.J. TBB TE; Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.03
Would have used 1.11 to draft WR Marshall. The other team used it to draft RB Gainwell.

12 team PPR league

• Gave up McKissic, J.D. WAS RB; Gage, Russell ATL WR; Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11
  • Got Chark, D.J. JAC WR; Howard, O.J. TBB TE; Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.03
Would have used 1.11 to draft WR Marshall. The other team used it to draft RB Gainwell.
I haven’t looked at too many completed rookie drafts, but Gainwell at 11 overall seems like a reach, no? Gotta believe there are several WR’s I’d rather have there. 

Traded away

Antonio Gibson

Diontae Johnson

Traded For

Josh Jacobs

Michael Gallup

Damien Harris

Jacobs and Gibson are only a couple months apart in age, both will be 23 at the start of the season and I think Josh Jacobs is the better player.

Diontae Johnson and Gallup are a little further apart in most peoples rankings, but i would not be surprised if Gallup does more this year. I expect Ben to tank and there is no way that offense can support 3 WR's. On the other hand Gallup is going to play for an offense that can support 3 WR's.

They are the same age, they have very similar PFF player ranks, Gallup has had a thousand yard season already, and Gallup has the better QB. Yet, in most dynasty rankings Gallup is 10 spots behind Johnson.

Damien Harris is going to be a waste of a roster spot. I will be afraid to cut him since he will technically be a starter and he will have 3-4 good weeks this year all of which will be while he is on my bench. During a bye week when I am forced to start him he will put up 5 for 20 with 1 catch for 3 yards.

Traded away

Antonio Gibson

Diontae Johnson

Traded For

Josh Jacobs

Michael Gallup

Damien Harris

Jacobs and Gibson are only a couple months apart in age, both will be 23 at the start of the season and I think Josh Jacobs is the better player.

Diontae Johnson and Gallup are a little further apart in most peoples rankings, but i would not be surprised if Gallup does more this year. I expect Ben to tank and there is no way that offense can support 3 WR's. On the other hand Gallup is going to play for an offense that can support 3 WR's.

They are the same age, they have very similar PFF player ranks, Gallup has had a thousand yard season already, and Gallup has the better QB. Yet, in most dynasty rankings Gallup is 10 spots behind Johnson.

Damien Harris is going to be a waste of a roster spot. I will be afraid to cut him since he will technically be a starter and he will have 3-4 good weeks this year all of which will be while he is on my bench. During a bye week when I am forced to start him he will put up 5 for 20 with 1 catch for 3 yards.
Sorry MT, but I liked what you traded away a bit better. I see more upside for Gibson & Johnson, especially in Dynasty. You are right tho about Gallup.

Yeah, I'll echo what robb is saying. I'd take the Gibson and Johnson side, too, but Gibson's turf toe might be the saving grace in this trade. It's still lingering, so you don't really know what you're going to get out of him.

In my opinion, Gibson & Johnson >>>>>>> Jacbos & Gallup by a lot, and Harris, as you said, is likely a non-entity.

FOR

Dalvin Cook

Don't play superflex, but hear the picks really are enhanced compared to 1 QB, so it's not an atrocious return for Cook. Not really in my wheelhouse to comment when it comes to first-round picks or quarterback returns or the like. I can comment on three, really.

3.03 (Nico Collins)

FOR

Rashaad Penny

Bring on the rookie!

2.11 (Amon-Ra St.Brown)

FOR

Darrel Williams, 23 2nd (early-mid)

Even. This is essentially deferring a year in value to get a slight bump in a pick. Williams is likely not startable unless CEH goes down.

3.11 (Tylan Wallace)

FOR

Latavius Murray

Give me the guy who has proven it vs. a rookie that had trouble separating at Okla. St. and now is going to B'More?

4.05 (Dez Fitzpatrick)

FOR

James Washington

Somebody still believes, and his per/game and per/usage stats are good, IIRC, but where's his usage going to be now and in the future? You're hoping a guy gets new life on a new team, really, here.

FOR

Again, no need for me to comment or to pick sides because of the SF element.
That's about it. This deserved a response, so I hope you don't think you're posting into the ether. They're often tough trades that you post because they're often so even.

12 team PPR league

• Gave up Miller, Anthony CHI WR; Year 2021 Draft Pick 2.11
  • Got Burrow, Joe CIN QB
Would have used 2.11 to draft WR - all of Dyami Brown, Nico Collins, and Amari Rodgers were available. The other team used it to draft RB Hawkins.

Users who are viewing this thread