Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 hours ago, Gally said:

Kittle doesn't come without risk.  He missed half of last season and a couple games the year before.  His style of play lends itself to taking some big hits and therefore injury risk.  Couple that with someone believing the Ayiuk and Deebo making strides forward and Kittle might be trending down a bit.  I am not saying I am in that camp but it is a camp that is reasonably thought out and has some merit.  

I agree. Thats why I dont think it was as terrible as a couple others did, even tho I have an opinion on how I wouldve done the deal.

4 hours ago, Gally said:

Kittle doesn't come without risk.  He missed half of last season and a couple games the year before.  His style of play lends itself to taking some big hits and therefore injury risk.  Couple that with someone believing the Ayiuk and Deebo making strides forward and Kittle might be trending down a bit.  I am not saying I am in that camp but it is a camp that is reasonably thought out and has some merit.  

I agree, but he's still worth a good bit more than ETN in that format and I don't think the Pittman/harris swap comes near making up for that.

I know trade calcs have plenty of flaws but dynastytradecalculator has a TE premium option and in that format it has Kittle worth 37pts and ETN worth 22pts so very far apart.  Which makes sense because in the FFPC leagues where I own Kittle if I was offered 1.04 for him I wouldn't even consider it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Damn I tried to give Miles Sanders and a third for Zeke and got laughed out of the building.

You should have added Micah Kiser and you would have been golden....

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 6

1 hour ago, BigAl21 said:

FFPC

Gave: Irv Smith, Engram, Gus Edwards, Mooney

Got: DJ Moore, Herndon, D Henderson and 4th

I have Moore as one of my top sell highs this offseason. But I would still take his side here and then try to get more.

3 hours ago, wlwiles said:

I offered the 3.03 for Henderson (and I do own Akers) and was rejected, no counter. 

I was told by n Akers owner Henderson “May” be worth a 2022 3rd, not a 2nd. It seems Akers owners don’t actually value him much. It’s probably due to the fact they are big believers in Akers talent they don’t put much importance on the backup.

I think Henderson would fill in great if Akers went down, so I would not sell for an early 3rd.

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

I was told by n Akers owner Henderson “May” be worth a 2022 3rd, not a 2nd. It seems Akers owners don’t actually value him much. It’s probably due to the fact they are big believers in Akers talent they don’t put much importance on the backup.

I think Henderson would fill in great if Akers went down, so I would not sell for an early 3rd.

I’m kind of in both camps there. I own Akers and really don’t think Henderson has much stand alone value. I have a deep team too, so acquiring a handcuff isn’t super important to me. But, I also think Henderson will be very good if Akers goes down so I traded a likely late second next year for him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drewd_21 said:

16tm idp 

Team A gave: Miles Sanders, Micah Kiser, 2023 3rd

Team B gave: Zeke

Team A is defending champ.

Kiser is a fine LB but not great, I would take the Zeke side in a heartbeat

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Winston, Montgomery, 2022 1st
I got Lamar Jackson

Go directly to jail.  Do not pass go.  Do not collect $200.  Criminal what you just did there.

ETA:  well played

Edited by cobalt_27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kutta said:

I’m kind of in both camps there. I own Akers and really don’t think Henderson has much stand alone value. I have a deep team too, so acquiring a handcuff isn’t super important to me. But, I also think Henderson will be very good if Akers goes down so I traded a likely late second next year for him.

I see Henderson as a top handcuff with stand alone value. It would probably take at least mid second for me to part with him. 

Gave D. Henderson for a 2022 2nd.  14 team IDP, PPR

and

Gave pick 7 and Chris Carson for pick 4 -Ja'Marr Chase

Still have Nick Chubb, Antonio Gibson, Joe Mixon, Ronald Jones, Michael Carter, Stevenson, Jamaal Williams and a couple others. Can start 1 or 2 rb's, no more. And up to 4 wr's.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

Gave D. Henderson for a 2022 2nd.  14 team IDP, PPR

and

Gave pick 7 and Chris Carson for pick 4 -Ja'Marr Chase

Still have Nick Chubb, Antonio Gibson, Joe Mixon, Ronald Jones, Michael Carter, Stevenson, Jamaal Williams and a couple others. Can start 1 or 2 rb's, no more. And up to 4 wr's.

I like what you did here...Henderson has value but he has Akers in front of him so I would take the 2nd round cash out without hesitation...I think giving up Carson who will be 27 in September is well worth it to move up and get a potential stud in Chase...great job with these deals!

29 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team, PPR, 1 QB, not involved.

Team A got Marlon Mack, Jonathon Taylor, 2023 2nd

Team B got Chris Carson, Najee Harris

Depends on rosters, its decent value both ways. I think JT is the best piece of this deal tho, so in a vacuum i lean that way

20 hours ago, dipandglide said:

12 tm, SFlex, ppr

Gave: Sermon, D. Harris, Cephus, '22 2nd

Got: Zeke, Ruggs, Duvernay

I've been making moves to acquire Zeke on contending teams. I like my side a lot. I think there's upside still with Ruggs, too. Sermon is the wild card. I could see this being a marginal trade this time next year if Sermon rises to the top of SF depth chart. Still, Zeke should produce another 2-3 RB1 years barring injury. Thougths? 

This is a bad trade for the other guy.  That isn't enough for Zeke if you take away Ruggs and Duvernay.  That 22 pick should be a 1st at the very least.  Good move for you but not really even close.

12 team 0.5PPR SF, not involved

DJ Chark, DJ Moore, Darrell Henderson, Cam Akers, Terrace Marshall, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd

for

Melvin Gordon, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Myles Gaskin, Jerry Jeudy, Ja'Marr Chase, Javonte Williams

20 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Winston, Montgomery, 2022 1st
I got Lamar Jackson

Same owner that traded me Jackson followed it up with:

They gave Derrick Henry
They got R Fitzpatrick, Hunter Henry, 2022 1st

Looking at their roster they really didn't have anything behind Henry and Jackson so tearing it down makes some sense. This gave me Mahomes and Jackson now but I was already a little weak at RB2 with Montgomery. Without him and without my 2022 1st I have some work to do. Some would say that *with* Montgomery I already had problems at RB2, so....that may be true. Now I have R Jones as RB2 along with Drake and some (more) garbage behind them. 

12 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Same owner that traded me Jackson followed it up with:

They gave Derrick Henry
They got R Fitzpatrick, Hunter Henry, 2022 1st

Looking at their roster they really didn't have anything behind Henry and Jackson so tearing it down makes some sense. This gave me Mahomes and Jackson now but I was already a little weak at RB2 with Montgomery. Without him and without my 2022 1st I have some work to do. Some would say that *with* Montgomery I already had problems at RB2, so....that may be true. Now I have R Jones as RB2 along with Drake and some (more) garbage behind them. 

If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Hunter Henry…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lardonastick said:

12 team 0.5PPR SF, not involved

DJ Chark, DJ Moore, Darrell Henderson, Cam Akers, Terrace Marshall, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd

for

Melvin Gordon, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Myles Gaskin, Jerry Jeudy, Ja'Marr Chase, Javonte Williams

I don't even know. I love multiple parts of each side. Gonna break it down as I type it.

Chase ~=~ Akers/Henderson
Javonte+Gordon ~=~ Chark+2nd
Jeudy+Juju ~=~ DJ Moore+3rd
Gaskin <<<<  Marshall by a lot

Or:
Javonte+Gordon+Gaskin ~=~ Akers/Henderson
Chase ~=~ DJ Moore +3rd
Jeudy ~=~ Marshall +2nd
Juju << Chark maybe closer this way

I like hedging with the Moore/Marshall stack. I consider Gordon and Gaskin soon-to-be roster cloggers. Gordon already is. It is close though and have no issue with either side. The 2nd and 3rd are more valuable in SF as well. Chase and Williams are the only pieces on that side that are marketable IMO whereas every piece on the other side is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kutta said:

If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Hunter Henry…

Yeah I like the deal they made with me more than that one. It is mostly the future 1st they were after I'm sure. And a lot of people think D Henry is a sell-now at all costs. I disagree.

19 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

And a lot of people think D Henry is a sell-now at all costs

I disagree completely if you’re a contender and still have a couple year window. I think he’s elite for at least two more years. 

11 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I disagree completely if you’re a contender and still have a couple year window. I think he’s elite for at least two more years. 

I am riding him out unless I get blown away by an offer. 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

51 minutes ago, Blick said:

I am riding him out unless I get blown away by an offer. 

Yep

On 6/14/2021 at 12:04 PM, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This feels like a big time sell low on Kamara but if you really wanted out, you could have done worse.  Especially if that 22 1st is high.  Kamara/Boyd would have helped you defend your title lightyears more than Chase.  Just hate to walk away from a championship team just to sell on someone early.

Fair enough. I wanted the flexibility to be in or out this coming year. The league is turning into an arm’s race with all 3 orphans tanking and 4 other teams being awful. This guy was the only losing team who wanted to be a buyer and the return wasn’t awful

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team, SF, PPR, not involved

Team A got James Conner, Julio Jones, 2 2022 2nds, 2 2022 3rds

Team B got Dwayne Haskins, Michael Carter 2022 1st.

This is the Julio side and not particularly close for me. Haskins seems like a wasted roster spot, even in SF. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That one guy said:

What was the overall opinion?  I’m thinking of the Pittman/2022 1st in return for my ARob and just can’t pull the trigger right yet 

Evans by a landslide.  Their general opinion is that if you are trading a proven stud for unproven youngsters and draft picks, then your roster will likely always be in that rebuilding mode.

I'm not in disagreement here with the Evans side, but my basic view is that if you aren't building, you're standing still. Even if you're real good, that's how you get caught from behind or left posing.

10 hours ago, Catbird said:

I'm not in disagreement here with the Evans side, but my basic view is that if you aren't building, you're standing still. Even if you're real good, that's how you get caught from behind or left posing.

I agree. I would sell Evans in this deal though. I think the idea of not selling older studs for youth is absurd. Don't sell your only stud. Don't trade all your studs. Fine. But never sell any stud? Honestly I think that is a recipe for stagnation and mediocrity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

I agree. I would sell Evans in this deal though. I think the idea of not selling older studs for youth is absurd. Don't sell your only stud. Don't trade all your studs. Fine. But never sell any stud? Honestly I think that is a recipe for stagnation and mediocrity. 

Team composition comes into play, of course. 

I made this move because my roster was chock-full of 'probably will never hit' WR prospects, and I want a piece to compete this year.  Barring injuries, the team who took my 1st is looking at a later 1st round pick and he has to hope that PIttman progresses and Wentz is more than a stiff.

The advice wasn't to never sell your studs, rather a warning to keep productive players if you are intending to compete.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ridgeback said:

12 Team, SF, PPR, IDP

A Gibson, R Tannehil

For

J Jeudy, D Hunter, 1.08

3 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

IDP can play a role here depending on scoring and depth and such, but I'd take Gibson and Tannehill in a second.

The fact it's SF is really what puts this over the top on the Gibson/Tannehill side for me.  The IDP aspect lessens a bit due to SF and a QB involved to me.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team, SF, PPR, not involved

Team A got James Conner, Julio Jones, 2 2022 2nds, 2 2022 3rds

Team B got Dwayne Haskins, Michael Carter 2022 1st.

Team B because they got the two most valuable pieces.

24 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Team B because they got the two most valuable pieces.

I'll take Team A if I'm trying to win this season.