Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

32 minutes ago, Gally said:

The fact it's SF is really what puts this over the top on the Gibson/Tannehill side for me.  The IDP aspect lessens a bit due to SF and a QB involved to me.  

For clarification, IDP scores about as much as on the offensive side. When healthy, Hunter is a beast. That being said, I needed to shore up QB and RB, but I think it was pretty even on both sides.

6 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

For clarification, IDP scores about as much as on the offensive side. When healthy, Hunter is a beast. That being said, I needed to shore up QB and RB, but I think it was pretty even on both sides.

Agreed but there is risk here.  It's also easier to find serviceable IDP players even with scoring being similar to offense than it is to find a QB like Tannehill.  Also, starting requirements also has a big impact to Hunter's value as well.  If you only start one IDP or only one DL then his value diminishes as well.  

7 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

For clarification, IDP scores about as much as on the offensive side. When healthy, Hunter is a beast.

In my (limited) experience with IDP leagues, just because defensive players score equal to or more than offensive players, that doesn't mean they have anywhere near close to the same trade value.

Just now, tangfoot said:

In my (limited) experience with IDP leagues, just because defensive players score equal to or more than offensive players, that doesn't mean they have anywhere near close to the same trade value.

They can but there are a lot more factors than just scoring.  If you start similar IDP positions to offensive positions it really helps increase IDP value.  If you only start one IDP player they become like kickers.  

Just now, Gally said:

They can but there are a lot more factors than just scoring.  If you start similar IDP positions to offensive positions it really helps increase IDP value.  If you only start one IDP player they become like kickers.  

Again, not in my experience.  I've played in a league with 11 starting offensive and 11 defensive players.  The trade value of IDP was still only marginally higher than kickers.  And this was in a shark league with IDP "experts"

6 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Again, not in my experience.  I've played in a league with 11 starting offensive and 11 defensive players.  The trade value of IDP was still only marginally higher than kickers.  And this was in a shark league with IDP "experts"

hmm.  Not my experience.  My IDP leagues have equal offensive and defensive players in the starting lineup and equal scoring plateaus for scoring when comparing across tiers for positions (ie  tier 1 QB = Tier 1 DL = Tier 1 RB = Tier 1 LB, etc).  I have found that IDP is the most important for those type because everyone is similar on offense but the owners that put in the time for IDP research usually dominate because that info is harder to find and interpret because scoring system are so different.   

ETA:  Which may be similar to what you are saying.  Offensive side is harder to trade/acquire because people have more info and you can get better deals for IDP side because owners don't know any better. 

Edited by Gally

Yeah, what I see to be the biggest flaw with IDP is that even in a league with 150+ defensive starters, there are still plenty of guys on the waiver wire available for $0.01 to $2 who are viable weekly starters.  Not really at DL/DE, but all the other positions.

1 hour ago, Gally said:

Agreed but there is risk here.  It's also easier to find serviceable IDP players even with scoring being similar to offense than it is to find a QB like Tannehill.  Also, starting requirements also has a big impact to Hunter's value as well.  If you only start one IDP or only one DL then his value diminishes as well.  

We start up to 2 DE's, as we have to start a total of 3 players between DE and DT.

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

I would agree with that, for the most part.

FFPC

gave: Juju, Corey Davis

Got: Pittman and T. Marshall

IMO Davis is a roster clogger at this point and I simply do not value juju as I once did. I think Pittman and Marshall as tremendous upside. Hoping in a year and look back on this deal and it was a winner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigAl21 said:

FFPC

gave: Juju, Corey Davis

Got: Pittman and T. Marshall

IMO Davis is a roster clogger at this point and I simply do not value juju as I once did. I think Pittman and Marshall as tremendous upside. Hoping in a year and look back on this deal and it was a winner.

Good deal for you if you've mentally given up on JuJu and Corey Davis. Honestly, probably better off chancing that one of Pittman and Marshall can give you a string of WR1 seasons.

4 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

Good deal for you if you've mentally given up on JuJu and Corey Davis. Honestly, probably better off chancing that one of Pittman and Marshall can give you a string of WR1 seasons.

I realize Marshall is a longer term project and I am not expecting much in year one, but I think Pittman might become the Colts WR 1 this season whereas JuJu still has two other WRs to compete with for targets.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

10 team dynasty .5ppr

Team A gave D. Swift, G. Edwards

Team B gave 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, B. Snell

I'm not even high on Swift at all but this is way too light for him I think.  Especially with that 1st not being this year.  That would have to fall at 1.1 or hit a grand slam with that pick to make it worth it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I'm not even high on Swift at all but this is way too light for him I think.  Especially with that 1st not being this year.  That would have to fall at 1.1 or hit a grand slam with that pick to make it worth it.

I think when you make that deal you're just punting from the other team's 45, if you'll pardon the analogy. You're selling earlier first-round talent for a shot at first-rounder next year? No thanks. Unless the guy is really down on Swift, I don't like that deal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think when you make that deal you're just punting from the other team's 45, if you'll pardon the analogy. You're selling earlier first-round talent for a shot at first-rounder next year? No thanks. Unless the guy is really down on Swift, I don't like that deal.

I totally agree with this analogy and I'm not game with that either.

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR, no TE prem:

Gave:

Sam Darnold

Got:

Noah Fant

I have Kelce and Irv Smith at TE but I love me some Noah Fant so couldn't turn this down.

What the.... That is not close in start 1 QB league.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Gave:

Sam Darnold

Got:

Noah Fant

I have Kelce and Irv Smith at TE but I love me some Noah Fant so couldn't turn this down.

This is pretty much a free Fant. Good work. I have no idea why anybody would click "accept" to this offer, save for completely, large and QB-depleted rosters, but kudos to you! That's not snark, I just can't see it.

Edited by rockaction

Just now, rockaction said:

This is pretty much a free Fant. Good work. I have no idea why anybody would click accept to this offer, but kudos to you! That's not snark, I just can't see it.

I completely agree with this.  Fant has a lot of potential.  Darnold is on the waiver wire in most of my leagues.

30 minutes ago, rockaction said:

This is pretty much a free Fant. Good work. I have no idea why anybody would click "accept" to this offer, save for completely, large and QB-depleted rosters, but kudos to you! That's not snark, I just can't see it.

Our league for some reason has absolutely no QBs on waivers.  I don't get it in a 1 QB.  We have big benches but still.  It was an owner that knows for a fact they are getting Pitts and the only QB on their roster that is a starter is Lamar.  They basically viewed it as a backup TE for a backup QB.  I expected to include a pick too but straight up was the call and I was on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Our league for some reason has absolutely no QBs on waivers.  I don't get it in a 1 QB.  We have big benches but still.  It was an owner that knows for a fact they are getting Pitts and the only QB on their roster that is a starter is Lamar.  They basically viewed it as a backup TE for a backup QB.  I expected to include a pick too but straight up was the call and I was on it.

There's always an exception, always a need, I guess. Perhaps he was too worried about losing out on Darnold to ask for at least a second or third back? That's at least his value in 1 QB. I just can't see it. But again, kudos! Swindle.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:01 AM, Boston said:

I like what you did here...Henderson has value but he has Akers in front of him so I would take the 2nd round cash out without hesitation...I think giving up Carson who will be 27 in September is well worth it to move up and get a potential stud in Chase...great job with these deals!

In general I would sell any handcuff for a 2nd and not pay more than a 3rd for one, unless they’re the heir apparent to a guy on the way out (and I believe in the talent). Obviously roster situational exceptions apply (you’re a contender with no depth besides the handcuff behind your starters etc) but this is a good get IMO.

3 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Gave:

Sam Darnold

Got:

Noah Fant

Yeesh I just assumed this was SF and was still going to say I'd prefer Fant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Gave:

Sam Darnold

Got:

Noah Fant

WTF?

9 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Yeesh I just assumed this was SF and was still going to say I'd prefer Fant.

I just checked and Darnold is a free agent in my 12 team, 1 QB PPR league. Crazy.

10 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

12 Team PPR league. 

1.7, 2.2, 4.2 for 1.4

1.4 was Pitts 

1.7 was Javonte Williams

2.2 hasn’t happened yet.  

2.2 ended up being St. Brown OR Terrance Marshall they had back to back picks.  

11 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

12 Team PPR league. 

1.7, 2.2, 4.2 for 1.4

1.4 was Pitts 

1.7 was Javonte Williams

2.2 hasn’t happened yet.  

IMO this is a draft-board trade...if you have 4 studs on your board it's a great deal for the 1.4...if there are 7 guys you really like than I see what the other guy is doing although I would have liked something with a little more meat than the 4.2 as the other piece...this year (for me) I would rather have the 1.4.

10 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

We don't know that Heineke is better than Darnold yet. 

I’d take Heineke or Goff over Darnold. I’m not sure Darnold makes it through the season as the starter.

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I’d take Heineke or Goff over Darnold. I’m not sure Darnold makes it through the season as the starter.

I wasn't being serious. I have watched more Goff than the other two. My comment was just a backhanded insult to Goff. I know you've seen orders of magnitude more film on Darnold than I have.

• Like 2

12 TM Dyno with IDP—NO PPR- balanced scoring 1.5/.75 per tackle/asst

Team A: M Thomas

Team B: F Warner

start max 4 WR

team moving Thomas owns : J Jefferson/K Allen/T Mclaurin/ J Chase/C Davis/D Mooney/B Edwards/J Palmer

must start 4 LB

DeionJones/Nick Kwiatkoski/J Davis(Wash)/Rashaan Evans current starters 

NOTE: both players are projected to score 180 points in our scoring format

which begs the question: upgrade at LB and spread out the talent or keep the depth at WR- 

36 minutes ago, SleepyIDP said:

12 TM Dyno with IDP—NO PPR- balanced scoring 1.5/.75 per tackle/asst

Team A: M Thomas

Team B: F Warner

start max 4 WR

team moving Thomas owns : J Jefferson/K Allen/T Mclaurin/ J Chase/C Davis/D Mooney/B Edwards/J Palmer

must start 4 LB

DeionJones/Nick Kwiatkoski/J Davis(Wash)/Rashaan Evans current starters 

NOTE: both players are projected to score 180 points in our scoring format

which begs the question: upgrade at LB and spread out the talent or keep the depth at WR- 

It’s tricky to know what to expect from Thomas without Brees. 

I think Warner will be just as good, if not better in 2022.

Team Thomas Looks like they could use the LB more. 

In that scoring system either works. 

Well, shopped Mahomes. Here’s how it ended up: 

I gave: Mahomes, Ertz 

I got: Z.Wilson, CEH, Higgins, 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

I know many will hate this deal. I’m fully expecting to get killed by all y’all.

Comments in the value thread were like “Mahomes is so good that to send him to another team you need to cripple that team with what you get back” - and that’s all well and good, but some of y’all may find it surprising how few teams actually want to cripple themselves by overpaying or even paying “fair value” for Mahomes. 

My team, though a combination of aging, circumstances & injury became  very thin at RB & WR. Not to the point that I was non-competitive (finished as the 4-seed, playoffs, 2nd round exit (again). For 3 years I’ve been good enough to get there, not good enough to go over the top. And then TB picked up Fournette (hurting RoJo), my WRs got older; RBs got hurt.

Then I “went for it” last year and traded some depth to get Carson, hoping for a ‘ship before the rebuild. 

I tried every team. 7/12 wanted Mahomes. Most didn't have replacement QB to deal (which I felt I needed because Carr may not be long-term & who knows what Daniel Jones will be. Some others just didn’t have the players to trade & others tried to pretend that reasonable offers “weren’t close” for them, despite several calcs swing they were even. Came close to a Burrow/Sermon/AJ Brown/2023 1st, but at the 11th hour they decided against it. 

So I took the best deal I could find, and in doing so, took a big risk on Zach Wilson, hoping he’s the next 2-way threat QB. I get CEH who I’m still relatively high on & Higgins, who I also really like.

And with the Hopkins deal I made earlier, now I have Pitts, too.

So now I have enough players to field a roster & the rebuild has begun. 

And with 3 extra picks in the next 2 drafts (2 firsts & a 2nd) if it doesn’t work out, I still have some decent core players to rebuild with & 2 extra firsts to work with. 

Sometimes the best deal is the one you can make. My only other concrete option was Goff/Deebo/Akers, and I can’t stand Goff, don’t want to root for the Rams & have injury concerns about Deebo & his style of play.

I won’t cry if y’all are mean to me for this deal. I understand many of you wouldn’t have made it. Mahomes is a consistent weekly plug & play & it’s hard to move off of such a player. But sometimes your team reaches the point where you have to diversify assets to continue to compete & I felt like this was the best I could do given what the teams in my league were offering.

I await the heckling. I’m sure it won’t be pretty. It’s ok. I have thick skin. 

7 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Well, shopped Mahomes. Here’s how it ended up: 

I gave: Mahomes, Ertz 

I got: Z.Wilson, CEH, Higgins, 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

I don't mind it at all. :shrug:

Things are worth what people will pay, not what they're priced at. Guys put QBs on the block all the time and never trade them because they don't think they're getting "what the guy's worth". Well, fella, that's why he's been on the block since February - you're not getting your asking price.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1