What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

12 Team PPR Superflex, not involved

Team gave Mike Davis, Hunter Henry, then a few thirds and fourths in the next couple years, (4 picks total, I can come back and list if wanted).

Team gave 2023 1st round pick.
If Team 1 is straight rebuilding and Team 2 is win now, I actually like this for both sides. I think Davis is an RB2 this year. Maybe even high-end. 

No disrepect to Davis, but if you have any RB depth at all, this is a great move to acquire a 1st for some very replaceable assets.
I agree. This all comes down to depth. I like those pieces, and it also kinda depends on what the other picks involved are going back to the team giving up Davis, but it's a great move if they have the depth to pull it off. 

If they're giving up 2022 2nds or 3rds I might have to reassess. 

Boston said:
If you need a QB this is not a lot to give up for someone who has a chance to be very legit with his new team...Higgins is a player but with Chase onboard that takes a little shine off of him...Anderson is not a player I would worry about dealing...I am a big fan of Pollard and would hate to give him up but he still has Zeke in front of him...add in you are upgrading from a #3 in 2023 to a #2 in 2022 and I think this is an easy deal to make in the SF format...also, since this is not an overpay I think you could get more for Stafford in-season from a contender if your team was in a spot where that made sense...the more I look t this deal the more I like it.
Appreciate the thoughts. For what it’s worth this was right out of a startup auction. A few teams blew their load trying to hoard QBs so I waited and took all of the late WR value. Ended up with 8-10 startable WR and a few other teams had none. That’s why between the dalvin deal and this one I was able to move Diontae, Moore, Higgins, and Robby. I still have AJB, Ridley, Keenan, Woods, Evans, and Pittman. But my QBs were Big Ben, Winston, tyrod, and the DEN QBs, so Stafford was a big get for me. I think I’m very well positioned now for a few years with:

Stafford, Ben, Winston

Cook, CEH, Hunt,

AJB, Ridley, Keenan, Woods, Evans, and Pittman

Smith, Gesicki, Trautman. 

plus I added a few 2nds in this draft I should be able to use to add pieces as teams start rebuilding. 

2023 is the better year to have a first if it's a RB you need, not 2022.  However, there are some very good WRs and QBs coming out in 2022.
I suppose. I always tend to view the picks in terms of straight value. Like, a 2023 1st is typically worth about the same as a 2022 2nd.

Seems like targeting players 2 years out is putting a lot of faith in those players to continue to perform/stay healthy.

but that’s certainly a shrewd way to obtain picks, provided things shake out as you expect. 

I suppose. I always tend to view the picks in terms of straight value. Like, a 2023 1st is typically worth about the same as a 2022 2nd.

Seems like targeting players 2 years out is putting a lot of faith in those players to continue to perform/stay healthy.

but that’s certainly a shrewd way to obtain picks, provided things shake out as you expect. 
This is a bad valuation unless you are the one paying the 2nds for future 1sts.  

As to the rest of the post, I agree if you are targeting a specific player.  Players underperform, get injured, or have off field issues.  But the good thing is that when you collect those picks you don't have to make the selection of the player you are "targeting" until you are on the clock.  Late risers could easily replace someone years on down the road.

This is a bad valuation unless you are the one paying the 2nds for future 1sts. 

not talking about paying a 22 2nd for a 23 1st (for example). I’m talking about how trade partners have consistently valued future picks, in my experience.

Maybe it’s not a full round of value, but no one I’ve ever dealt with has valued a pick 2 years out the same as a pick the following year. 

So when I approach a prospective trade partner, I go in with the expectation that a pick 2 or 3 years out is progressively less valuable. I think it’s a completely reasonable valuation, and at least in my experience it’s proved to be accurate time and again both in giving up & obtaining that future pick. 

Last edited by a moderator:
not talking about paying a 22 2nd for a 23 1st (for example). I’m talking about how trade partners have consistently valued future picks, in my experience.

Maybe it’s not a full round of value, but no one I’ve ever dealt with has valued a pick 2 years out the same as a pick the following year. 

So when I approach a prospective trade partner, I go in with the expectation that a pick 2 or 3 years out is progressively less valuable. I think it’s a completely reasonable valuation, and at least in my experience it’s proved to be accurate time and again not in giving up & obtaining that future pick. 
Agreed, the longer I have to wait, the less valuable it becomes. Part of that too is that I can't reasonably expect the rookie to be an impact player, or maybe should say I can't count on him to be an impact player, until his second year. So if it's a 2024 pick, I can't really expect anything until 2025. And that's a long way off.

Agreed, the longer I have to wait, the less valuable it becomes. Part of that too is that I can't reasonably expect the rookie to be an impact player, or maybe should say I can't count on him to be an impact player, until his second year. So if it's a 2024 pick, I can't really expect anything until 2025. And that's a long way off.
Yep. See above for the Pittman deal I just made. I had to cough up a 2022 3rd and a 2023 4th specifically because I offered a 2023 1st. Dude told me if it was a 2022 1st he’d take it straight up. 

Trade calc had him winning by 30%. Unfortunately the trade calc isn’t a team owner selling me Pittman. lol

Jonesin For Some Football said:
I feel like I'm missing something as most of the "wins" are for Team A.  The 2 best pieces in this deal by far (depending on your feeling on Claypool) are Gibson and the 22 1st.  Not sure how those picks ended up on those sides.  Gibson is so far ahead of Moss and that 1st so far ahead of a 3rd that this is terrible and does belong in a worst trades thread.
That's my thinking too. Seems like the other responses share the same view. I was worried that I there was something off in the way I was viewing the trade and valuing pieces.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
Agreed.  No worries.  We all quick read sometimes.  I wish someone would offer me a deal like this.
I never seem to get lopsided offers in my favor, only the other kind which I post in the 'Bad trade offers' thread. 😄

I don't think it's in my make-up to go into trade discussions with an aim to get over on another owner, I go in with a win-win mindset. The owner getting Gibson + 1st had an earlier deal with a different owner which I think was similarly slanted in his favor. 

That trade (completed back in January) was:

Team A (same owner who received Gibson) receives: Aaron Rodgers, CMC, Claypool, 2021 1.10

Team B receives: OBJ, Jacobs, 2021 1.06, 2021 1.12, 2022 1st

Now with Rodgers potentially opting out or holding out, that changes the perception, but at the time, most in our league considered that a steal. Whatever he's doing to get those deals in his favor is working for him.

Now I have to figure out how to target those same fish. The problem I find is that they tend to skew to the other extreme when I try to have trade talks with them, trying to get over on me to recoup the value they lost. Maybe it's because they realize that they lost a previously trade badly and are afraid to make the same mistakes.

That's my thinking too. Seems like the other responses share the same view. I was worried that I there was something off in the way I was viewing the trade and valuing pieces.

I never seem to get lopsided offers in my favor, only the other kind which I post in the 'Bad trade offers' thread. 😄

I don't think it's in my make-up to go into trade discussions with an aim to get over on another owner, I go in with a win-win mindset. The owner getting Gibson + 1st had an earlier deal with a different owner which I think was similarly slanted in his favor. 

That trade (completed back in January) was:

Team A (same owner who received Gibson) receives: Aaron Rodgers, CMC, Claypool, 2021 1.10

Team B receives: OBJ, Jacobs, 2021 1.06, 2021 1.12, 2022 1st

Now with Rodgers potentially opting out or holding out, that changes the perception, but at the time, most in our league considered that a steal. Whatever he's doing to get those deals in his favor is working for him.

Now I have to figure out how to target those same fish. The problem I find is that they tend to skew to the other extreme when I try to have trade talks with them, trying to get over on me to recoup the value they lost. Maybe it's because they realize that they lost a previously trade badly and are afraid to make the same mistakes.
That is nuts.  Even with A-Rod opting out I think I choose the Team A side personally.  That was an absolute robbery in Jan.  We have a guy like that in our league that seems to just rob everyone and I'm not sure how he does it because I'll talk to the same owners (sometimes about the same players) and I can't get anywhere close to that value.  

12 Team PPR, Dynasty Superflex

Team got Jonathon Taylor

Team got firsts in 22, 23, 24, seconds in 22 and 24, thirds in 23 and 24.
I like JT a lot and think he has a great year even with Mack/Hines there but dang this is a ton.  I guess no picks this year but 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds feels like a team losing all of their draft capital.  It is probably a win-win but Taylor has to be a monster for many years for this to pay off.

I don't think it's in my make-up to go into trade discussions with an aim to get over on another owner, I go in with a win-win mindset.

this is me exactly. I think the lopsided deals are ones that others offer. I’ve never received such an offer, but I would feel awkward about accepting something completely imbalanced. I’m a big fan of fair play & competitive balance in leagues, so it would put me in an awkward position. 

That said, if it’s nearing the trade deadline & I’m out of it but someone wants an asset that’ll put them over true top who i don’t mind moving, I won’t hesitate to squeeze as much value from the deal as possible. That’s a different circumstance I think.

but like you, I approach trades with a win-win philosophy. I want to get a deal done. I don’t want to insult my trade partner.  I want to come in low enough that if they accept, awesome! But if they don’t, I’d like them to counter or tell me how far off we are rather than ignore or reject without counter. 

In talks for the Pittman deal, that’s a dude with a stacked roster, in win-now mode. I came at him basically saying “i don’t have many players to trade & I’m building for future/depth/upside. I know you don’t need to make a deal, but you’ve got 8 high caliber WRs, so I wouldn’t mind overpaying a little for one. I don’t need to win this deal, but I’d like to get Pittman.”

He said that approach is why he made the deal. He always loves getting future picks for depth, and while he’s a Trojans fan & didn’t really want to move Pittman (one of his auction picks from our 1st year) he was open to negotiating for him. 

Maybe I was dumb to take that approach, but I targeted Pittman specifically & I know this dude pretty well. It was the way to get it done. 

I think some folks do come out trying to get over on owners in a deal, and to me it’s an instant turn-off. I never like receiving offers that don’t also consider my roster or overall team needs.

12 Team PPR, Dynasty Superflex

Team got Jonathon Taylor

Team got firsts in 22, 23, 24, seconds in 22 and 24, thirds in 23 and 24.
Holy crap that’s a lot for Taylor. I like him, but not 3x 1sts & 2x 2nds, 2x 3rds like him. 

Probably coulda packaged just 2 of those picks and taken a Javonte or a Najee Harris.

Gimme the picks. That trade is insane to me. 

ETA: just ran it in Dynasty Dominator app & this favors the picks side by 146+ points, +44%

:jawdrop:

If it's non-PPR and you're a heavy contender, I don't hate it
I do. I completely hate it. I don’t think any running back is worth this.

As often as they get hurt, they’re not the best dynasty assets to begin with, but I could never see paying that. 

It’s just so much. 

Even then, I just don't see the 2nds and 3rds needed to be added.
I could also see 2x 1sts and 2, 2nds. My calc has that as +5 points to the side getting the picks.  That’s far more reasonable.

I might see paying the 3x 1sts (without the 2nds or 3rds) if I’m truly going for it, have a deep roster and really think I get a ‘ship this year and/or next out of it. 

but it’s such a volatile game. If the injury bug hits team gave-away-his-future, there’s simply no draft equity to rebuild with, even modestly. As someone who gave up future picks trying to get over the top for 3 years & just had to do a rebuild as a result, I could never see mortgaging my future for any 1 player like this. 

all the 🥚 + 1 🧺 = 💀 

This makes the Dalvin Cook deal look like a bargain. 

I could also see 2x 1sts and 2, 2nds. My calc has that as +5 points to the side getting the picks.  That’s far more reasonable.

I might see paying the 3x 1sts (without the 2nds or 3rds) if I’m truly going for it, have a deep roster and really think I get a ‘ship this year and/or next out of it. 

but it’s such a volatile game. If the injury bug hits team gave-away-his-future, there’s simply no draft equity to rebuild with, even modestly. As someone who gave up future picks trying to get over the top for 3 years & just had to do a rebuild as a result, I could never see mortgaging my future for any 1 player like this. 

all the 🥚 + 1 🧺 = 💀 

This makes the Dalvin Cook deal look like a bargain. 
That seems about right to me.  Because none of the picks are in 2021, I could see 3 1sts since you have to wait until 2024 for the last one.  But like I said, that is a bit of an overpay but I can stomach that if I feel I'm one player away.  Anything more is just highway robbery and hopefully came with a reach around.

I know not a lot of people are hot on Zeke, but somehow I was able to pry him for a ridiculous discount.

Got: Zeke

Gave: Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake 2021: #12 pick. 

1QB, PPR - dude has ZERO RB depth and now has 3rd pick and 12th pick to possibly acquire.  I have the 1.1, 1.2 and 1.7 (then no picks remaining for the draft tonight).  JaMarr Chase will probably fall to him but he will likely take ETN due to his lack of depth.  Yikes.   

I know not a lot of people are hot on Zeke, but somehow I was able to pry him for a ridiculous discount.

1QB, PPR - dude has ZERO RB depth and now has 3rd pick and 12th pick to possibly acquire.  I have the 1.1, 1.2 and 1.7 (then no picks remaining for the draft tonight).  JaMarr Chase will probably fall to him but he will likely take ETN due to his lack of depth.  Yikes.   
I’m very high on him at his current price. I was inches from getting him for 2x 2023 1sts and Samuels. 

While you didn’t get him at a bargain price, I do like this deal for you. I see Gordon as short on time in a RBBC with a really good player nipping at his heels, Drake in a RBBC with a talented Jacobs.

the 1.12 makes it a little pricey, but you’re not gonna pick the next Zeke at 1.12x so....

Good trade. Undeniable upside. If he hits it’s more than worth what you paid. 

I love this deal.  I am higher on Zeke than most (at least for the next 2 years).  I think Gordon and Drake don't move the needle for me much at all, especially after this year when Williams kicks Gordon to the curb.  1.12 isn't high enough to consider this even close to too much.  I'd jump on this.

I gave:

2022 3.xx

2023 1.xx (acquired in the Mahomes deal)

2023 4.xx

i get: 

M. Pittman 

CC: @barackdhouse
I realize the future 1st is discounted because it's so far out but a first is still a first...

You're that high on Pittman? Not saying he can't or won't succeed but there are enough question marks that I'm surprised one would pay this much.  Curious about roster size...  every season has its surprises and I'm usually able to grab a useful WR from the wire in leagues with 16-17 players rostered.

I realize the future 1st is discounted because it's so far out but a first is still a first...

You're that high on Pittman? Not saying he can't or won't succeed but there are enough question marks that I'm surprised one would pay this much.  Curious about roster size...  every season has its surprises and I'm usually able to grab a useful WR from the wire in leagues with 16-17 players rostered.
We roster 30 players.

Acquiring young upside talent is expensive. I believe I overpaid by a 2022 3rd in my estimation. I don’t care about the 2023 4th.

The owner is a Trojan fan, and I knew it would be expensive. he’s also stacked & didn’t *need* to make any trade to be competitive. That’s always gonna mean paying more. But in addition to roster sizes, my trade partner was just about the only team that could spare a young and talented wide receiver, and who didn’t mind trading for picks and not getting any players going back the other way. Since this was the end of a rebuild I didn’t want to lose any players to get one. 

I am actually really high on Pittman. I think he is the best physical specimen on the roster at WR, and he really came on later in the season after his calf issue. I believe he’s the future WR1 for Indy, and it may even be this year. I wanted more than just a “useful wide receiver” - I wanted potential breakout receiver.

The first rounder is one that I got back in my Patrick Mahomes trade. Yes, it is two years out and I agree it does have value. But I felt like I needed one more young upside  wide receiver to complete my team rebuild. 

I agree that it was a slight overpay. But context is important here - it filled a need for my team,  and I had limited trade partners to get something like this done with. I don’t necessarily recommend everyone paying this much for Pittman, but in my case i felt like it made a lot of sense to do so.

I agree that it was a slight overpay. But context is important here - it filled a need for my team,  and I had limited trade partners to get something like this done with. I don’t necessarily recommend everyone paying this much for Pittman, but in my case i felt like it made a lot of sense to do so.
Context for the other team is important too... He may have drafted him high and didn't perceive any drop in value after the COVID/injury rookie season. 

I don't mind an overpay to get a specific target that you want... The shift from Rivers to Wentz will be interesting.  Could turn out to be a great trade.

Context for the other team is important too... He may have drafted him high and didn't perceive any drop in value after the COVID/injury rookie season. 
yeah. Even more important I think. 

He was one of his original startup auction picks, and like I said, he had zero reason to make a deal as his team is 100% win-now & he has a plethora of young talent. 

But knowing the dude & what a draft junkie he is, I know he can never resist picks.

that’s one of the things about trades most folks seem to forget - what’s the interest of your trade partner? No one’s gonna give you a great deal on anyone if they don’t need to make a trade. 

I’m much higher on Hurts prospects than I am Tua, and I have no idea what to expect from Drake in LVR, so I like this deal for you. 
I had Tua on the outside of my roster cuts looking in. This is my 3rd QB for what will probably be my 2nd QB now. And now I only have maybe one share of Drake left. I don't need his production as my RB4. Did not think I would wake up to an offer to clear two roster spots and get paid to do it.

I had Tua on the outside of my roster cuts looking in. This is my 3rd QB for what will probably be my 2nd QB now. And now I only have maybe one share of Drake left. I don't need his production as my RB4. Did not think I would wake up to an offer to clear two roster spots and get paid to do it.
In that light I like it even more. 

the only thought is I wish Hurts had Tua’s weapons. Philly’s WRs don’t excite me much. 

12 Team PPR Superflex

Team A got QB Trey Lance

Team B got WR Ja'Marr Chase
I would think in a superflex Lance might get an extra pick in this trade, like a 3rd or something. That said, just seems like two teams that wished they’d had each other‘s picks in the draft.

I’m assuming the team getting Lance is fine at wide receiver I need to quarterback? and vice versa?

fair deal. less risk on the Chase side, as quarterbacks fail more often than WRs.

I would think in a superflex Lance might get an extra pick in this trade, like a 3rd or something. That said, just seems like two teams that wished they’d had each other‘s picks in the draft.

I’m assuming the team getting Lance is fine at wide receiver I need to quarterback? and vice versa?

fair deal. less risk on the Chase side, as quarterbacks fail more often than WRs.
I agree with this analysis.  In my superflex league Lance went 1.02 and Chase 1.05.  So I would also expect a little something added to Chase even though I prefer Chase straight up.

Users who are viewing this thread