Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I totally agree with everything you said here but I just give my personal opinion and my valuation of guys affects how I view a trade.  Definitely wouldn't say those are unfair trades though at all.

Yeah, I mean - we all do that. Just like value =/= exactly what one rankings sheet or another or one calc or another says in context of a league, we each value players differently. 

It's why I love discussing players with other sharks here - we are not as much slaves to group-think rankings as in some other fantasy circles. And even then, as a group many of us can be convinced. I went from trying to acquire Chase Edmonds before the Conner signing & being talked out of it by @rockaction, to later being convinced by the same member that he was a good value after the Conner signing, to actively pursuing & acquiring Edmonds for less than I was initially going to pay for him. 

That is all about personal opinion, and being open/flexible to the opinions of others. 

We all have players we love or hate - I've been burned by players that others love. I will never forgive Keenan Allen for costing me an LCG appearance when he jumped for a TD on the 1st drive of the game, came down on his hip & left the game with 0 points in a playoff game I lost by 1.7 points. It's not entirely rational. It certainly doesn't make Keenan Allen any less valuable. But I'm unlikely to roster him again. 

But if I see Keenan Allen in a deal, I try not to let that cloud my evaluation of the deal. If I slight Allen, it won't be for costing me an LCG appearance, it'll be for his age relative to team needs big picture kinda thing. 

Sometimes personal preference can work for the positive. Back in the day when Jailbird Jamal was coming out of a prison stint, and off a torn ACL, no one liked him. I got him at 3.02 after taking LT2 1.02 & (I think) Marvin Harrison. He had a 2000+ yard season & I won my 1st LCG. I liked Lewis more than most, & figured he'd be rested. I also saw a random clip on SportsCenter about how new procedures made ACL recovery better (many were skeptical of this at the time) and they actually mentioned Lewis by name and showed a clip of him cutting.  So I don't discount that personal preference at all. 

But it's only one component of evaluating a deal, is all I'm saying, and it should be of lesser importance than some other factors. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Julio, Trautman
I got Pittman, 2022 2nd

On this squad this is my WR5 for a younger WR that I think is going to break out. Julio would be on my bench most weeks in this league. So will Pittman. I like Trautman a lot but I have Kelce, Fant and a couple other young TEs I also like. Right now I have 24 players on my roster where I had 25 yesterday. We have to cutdown to 20 by week 1. Long ways away but I have a *lot* of depth on this team and that is a problem before cutdown. WR depth in the SF format is really a tough dynamic. There is just no shortage of good WRs available everywhere. Right now I'm looking at cutting TY Hilton (who might outperform Pittman), Landry, a QB that is likely starting week 1, and one of the young TEs I like. 

I dunno....if Julio is healthy this year, I have a hard time seeing him on anyone's bench. That's a tough deal for me. I take the JJ side here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team, PPR, Superflex, not involved

Team A got 2024 1st round pick

Team B got QB Ben Roethlisberger, WR Brandin Cooks, WR Sterling Shepard, TE Hayden Hurst

That's some long-term planning!  We can't even deal past 2023 in my league. 

That said, that's a bunch of tough sell players for a future 1st round pick. I guess if the value is there for the pick in 2024 it'll turn out to be a good deal, but I'd probably have wanted to wait & see 

  • How Roeth looks - could have likely capitalized on selling him to a win-now mid-season if a QB gets hurt
  • How Cooks looks. It's unlikely it'll be Watson, but that doesn't mean Cooks won't perform with whomever. 
  • Hurst's production - with JJ gone, I could see a lot of productive 2 TE sets with a QB who loves throwing to the TEs.

I don't love this deal as it feels like someone is bailing  a little early on these players & coulda probably received more in-season with a series of deals than by lumping them all together for a player they won't have for 3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

The Lamb deal wasn't for Jones it was for Ekeler. We can yap forever about Jones this or Jones that but the main piece on that side was Ekeler. And I don't think the deal was very good for Lamb. That wasn't enough. I prefer the Stafford side quite a bit on the other one just because I don't believe Higgins will ever be a dominant #1 difference maker now that Chase is there. Stafford is a good get in SF for a couple backup pieces.

Of course Eke is the better player in the deal right now. That's obvious. But DJones is what made the value right. 

Especially in SF.  

Like I said, I'd probably take the Lamb side (and I own DJ) - but a young QB in SF who just got a bunch of weapons back and a perceived upgrade at OL does add a lot of value, whether you value him or not. 

If I'm the lamb owner I certainly don't do a 1:1 for Eke.  And they could conceivably flip DJ if he has a nice start to the season. 

Shockingly, I'm getting interest in Jones, and have since the Golladay signing. None are deals I consider fair value, but that's a million x more interest than I got in him before. :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Julio, Trautman
I got Pittman, 2022 2nd

On this squad this is my WR5 for a younger WR that I think is going to break out. Julio would be on my bench most weeks in this league. So will Pittman. I like Trautman a lot but I have Kelce, Fant and a couple other young TEs I also like. Right now I have 24 players on my roster where I had 25 yesterday. We have to cutdown to 20 by week 1. Long ways away but I have a *lot* of depth on this team and that is a problem before cutdown. WR depth in the SF format is really a tough dynamic. There is just no shortage of good WRs available everywhere. Right now I'm looking at cutting TY Hilton (who might outperform Pittman), Landry, a QB that is likely starting week 1, and one of the young TEs I like. 

Nice deal...first of all when you are in a numbers crunch any time you can add draft picks for a probable cut like Trautman (due to your numbers) you are being smart...the second piece is if you like Pittman (and I do) than this deal makes even more sense as you are getting a young, potential breakout player...real smart roster management/Dynasty deal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Boston said:

Nice deal...first of all when you are in a numbers crunch any time you can add draft picks for a probable cut like Trautman (due to your numbers) you are being smart...the second piece is if you like Pittman (and I do) than this deal makes even more sense as you are getting a young, potential breakout player...real smart roster management/Dynasty deal.

In this context I agree, but I could also see Julio having a big year in TEN, making this a bit of a low-sell. 

Of course if JJ continues along the oft-injured trend he was on, it’s a great trade. 

I’m not sure we can fairly judge it until we’ve see which Quintorris Lopez Jones shows up in TEN. 

I do like Pittman though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't see a bad trades accepted thread. Lol. This one might join the previously discussed Dalvin Cook trade. Just posted in my 14 team PPR SF league. I'm not involved, please help me see the other side. Am I missing something?

Team A trades: Garoppolo, A. Gibson, R. Higgins, Ertz, 2022 1st
Team B trades: Roethlisberger, Z. Moss, Claypool, H. Henry, 2022 3rd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Of course Eke is the better player in the deal right now. That's obvious. But DJones is what made the value right. 

Especially in SF.  

Like I said, I'd probably take the Lamb side (and I own DJ) - but a young QB in SF who just got a bunch of weapons back and a perceived upgrade at OL does add a lot of value, whether you value him or not. 

If I'm the lamb owner I certainly don't do a 1:1 for Eke.  And they could conceivably flip DJ if he has a nice start to the season. 

Shockingly, I'm getting interest in Jones, and have since the Golladay signing. None are deals I consider fair value, but that's a million x more interest than I got in him before. :lol: 

You are right.  He was almost untradable due to zero value before this offseason.  I like the kid but this is a make or break year for him I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, zaner75 said:

Don't see a bad trades accepted thread. Lol. This one might join the previously discussed Dalvin Cook trade. Just posted in my 14 team PPR SF league. I'm not involved, please help me see the other side. Am I missing something?

Team A trades: Garoppolo, A. Gibson, R. Higgins, Ertz, 2022 1st
Team B trades: Roethlisberger, Z. Moss, Claypool, H. Henry, 2022 3rd

I feel like I'm missing something as most of the "wins" are for Team A.  The 2 best pieces in this deal by far (depending on your feeling on Claypool) are Gibson and the 22 1st.  Not sure how those picks ended up on those sides.  Gibson is so far ahead of Moss and that 1st so far ahead of a 3rd that this is terrible and does belong in a worst trades thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, zaner75 said:

Don't see a bad trades accepted thread. Lol. This one might join the previously discussed Dalvin Cook trade. Just posted in my 14 team PPR SF league. I'm not involved, please help me see the other side. Am I missing something?

Team A trades: Garoppolo, A. Gibson, R. Higgins, Ertz, 2022 1st
Team B trades: Roethlisberger, Z. Moss, Claypool, H. Henry, 2022 3rd

Nope. I like Claypool a lot and I am even a little high on Moss, but this is robbery.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zaner75 said:

Don't see a bad trades accepted thread. Lol. This one might join the previously discussed Dalvin Cook trade. Just posted in my 14 team PPR SF league. I'm not involved, please help me see the other side. Am I missing something?

Team A trades: Garoppolo, A. Gibson, R. Higgins, Ertz, 2022 1st
Team B trades: Roethlisberger, Z. Moss, Claypool, H. Henry, 2022 3rd

Edited m: I’d misread the direction of those picks. Terrible deal. The team giving up Higgins/Gibson should be the one giving the 1st. 

Yikes. Why can’t I ever get offers like this?! 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Looks pretty fair to me. :shrug: 
 

note: not perfectly balanced,  but basically Gibson / Higgins for Moss / Claypool / Henry

not a deal I would except, but I don’t think it’s “worst traits ever“ category either.

I think you are missing the picks.  I'd agree if it was Jimmy G/Gibson/Higgins/Ertz for Ben/Moss/Claypool/Henry.  That is fair enough.  But a 1st for a 3rd on the side of the "loser" of that fair-ish trade seems bad to me.  I'm not huge on Moss or Henry and Claypool has a ton of question marks for me on that offense wanting to run more, a ton of WRs there, and Ben gone after this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I dunno....if Julio is healthy this year, I have a hard time seeing him on anyone's bench. That's a tough deal for me. I take the JJ side here. 

I have Keenan Allen, Jefferson, Evans, Chase, Viska, Gabriel Davis, and now Pittman. I have a hard time believing Julio is going to put up the kind of Julio numbers we're used to in that Tennessee offense with AJ Brown there. In FFPC SF format, you can only start 3 WRs unless you decide to bench your 2nd QB. It's not like it would be crazy to start Julio as my #3, but honestly I don't see it. And I *love* Julio Jones and have crushed in fantasy for years with him on my teams. But I really think the era of 150 targets is gone. And realistically I probably need to move more WRs. Pittman just became just as much as a roster clogger as Julio was but at least he is young and his value is plausibly going to keep going up. Julio wasn't going to take this team over the top and gaining a roster spot is huge. I actually feel worse about moving Trautman.

 

4 hours ago, Boston said:

Nice deal...first of all when you are in a numbers crunch any time you can add draft picks for a probable cut like Trautman (due to your numbers) you are being smart...the second piece is if you like Pittman (and I do) than this deal makes even more sense as you are getting a young, potential breakout player...real smart roster management/Dynasty deal.

Thanks but yeah I could not stomach the idea of cutting a guy like Trautman who I do think breaks out this year. I would cut Hilton or Landry first. These kinds of constraints really do force action. But I can't develop the Gabriel Davis/Pittmans of the world if I'm holding onto aging vets that I am choosing (wrongly or rightly) to bench most weeks. I would cut Hilton or Landry but never Julio. Not this year anyway.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I have Keenan Allen, Jefferson, Evans, Chase, Viska, Gabriel Davis, and now Pittman. I have a hard time believing Julio is going to put up the kind of Julio numbers we're used to in that Tennessee offense with AJ Brown there. In FFPC SF format, you can only start 3 WRs unless you decide to bench your 2nd QB. It's not like it would be crazy to start Julio as my #3, but honestly I don't see it. And I *love* Julio Jones and have crushed in fantasy for years with him on my teams. But I really think the era of 150 targets is gone. And realistically I probably need to move more WRs. Pittman just became just as much as a roster clogger as Julio was but at least he is young and his value is plausibly going to keep going up. Julio wasn't going to take this team over the top and gaining a roster spot is huge. I actually feel worse about moving Trautman.

Makes sense. Completely understand the deal. I think you did well, especially with the unknowns of JJ’s health & usage in TEN. 

The only “but” is that Julio is an absolute monster when healthy, and he could pull a Randy Moss type of resurgence. He is a legit uncoverable superstar when he’s right, and if he does have 1 more BUF year in him, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him outperform Viska & Chase. 

Chances are very good that he won’t, and looking at your roster, you’re likely correct to have made the deal. And even if he does have that big year, we’re still only talking about your WR4, so NBD. 

like I said, I like Pittman, and I think he’s a nice get in return. And like you said, you don’t need to cut Trautman for nothing, who I also see as an up & comet. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I think you are missing the picks.  I'd agree if it was Jimmy G/Gibson/Higgins/Ertz for Ben/Moss/Claypool/Henry.  That is fair enough.  But a 1st for a 3rd on the side of the "loser" of that fair-ish trade seems bad to me.  I'm not huge on Moss or Henry and Claypool has a ton of question marks for me on that offense wanting to run more, a ton of WRs there, and Ben gone after this year.

Oh - yes, somehow I’d misread that. The 1st is going the wrong way. :lol: 

my bad, that’s a terrible deal, and basically stealing for the team getting Gibson/Higgins. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Agreed.  No worries.  We all quick read sometimes.  I wish someone would offer me a deal like this.

Lol - I edited my post & said the exact same thing. I see deals like this go down and think, “why can’t the dummy in my league target me for once?!”

This deal went down on Tuesday and I’m still irritated because I was interested in Mike Davis. 
 

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Now, it’s debatable whether Fitzmagic is worth that in SF, but it sure feels like the Fitz owner got a starting running back on the cheap. 

I have no idea what Bernard is worth but if he’s the new James White, it could be quite a bit in PPR. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Lol - I edited my post & said the exact same thing. I see deals like this go down and think, “why can’t the dummy in my league target me for once?!”

This deal went down on Tuesday and I’m still irritated because I was interested in Mike Davis. 
 

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Now, it’s debatable whether Fitzmagic is worth that in SF, but it sure feels like the Fitz owner got a starting running back on the cheap. 

I have no idea what Bernard is worth but if he’s the new James White, it could be quite a bit in PPR. 

Even in SF, Fitzpatrick is replaceable. There’s a fairly decent chance he’s not the starter for the full season. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Even in SF, Fitzpatrick is replaceable. There’s a fairly decent chance he’s not the starter for the full season. 

Yep. That’s what I’m sayin - basically got 1.5 RBs for virtually nada. 

I never get offers that lopsided. Everyone I trade with ends up countering 37 times asking for more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Lol - I edited my post & said the exact same thing. I see deals like this go down and think, “why can’t the dummy in my league target me for once?!”

This deal went down on Tuesday and I’m still irritated because I was interested in Mike Davis. 
 

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Now, it’s debatable whether Fitzmagic is worth that in SF, but it sure feels like the Fitz owner got a starting running back on the cheap. 

I have no idea what Bernard is worth but if he’s the new James White, it could be quite a bit in PPR. 

I am holding Gio for that reason but I have a feeling he isn't worth a ton with RoJo and Leo there.  I don't play much SF but that does feel light for a starting RB.  Either way, I can understand your frustration.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I am holding Gio for that reason but I have a feeling he isn't worth a ton with RoJo and Leo there.  I don't play much SF but that does feel light for a starting RB.  Either way, I can understand your frustration.

Neither RoJo nor Fournette have shown the ability to catch with anything resembling consistency. They went after Gio for that reason, so you should definitely hold Gio for a little longer. He could be a 5-7 reception / 3-5 carry a week player, which would make him flex-worthy in most PPR leagues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Neither RoJo nor Fournette have shown the ability to catch with anything resembling consistency. They went after Gio for that reason, so you should definitely hold Gio for a little longer. He could be a 5-7 reception / 3-5 carry a week player, which would make him flex-worthy in most PPR leagues. 

Oh I plan on it until I see some of the season for sure.  I just don't have high hopes.  I know he is a better receiver and younger but I remember when people were thinking Shady would take production from those two last year and it didn't happen.  He is worth holding for sure but I am skeptical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Lol - I edited my post & said the exact same thing. I see deals like this go down and think, “why can’t the dummy in my league target me for once?!”

This deal went down on Tuesday and I’m still irritated because I was interested in Mike Davis. 
 

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Davis, Mike ATL RB

for

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Now, it’s debatable whether Fitzmagic is worth that in SF, but it sure feels like the Fitz owner got a starting running back on the cheap. 

I have no idea what Bernard is worth but if he’s the new James White, it could be quite a bit in PPR. 

Gimme the starting QB in an ascending offense and the roster spot.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR Superflex, not involved

Team gave Mike Davis, Hunter Henry, then a few thirds and fourths in the next couple years, (4 picks total, I can come back and list if wanted).

Team gave 2023 1st round pick.

If Team 1 is straight rebuilding and Team 2 is win now, I actually like this for both sides. I think Davis is an RB2 this year. Maybe even high-end. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR Superflex, not involved

Team gave Mike Davis, Hunter Henry, then a few thirds and fourths in the next couple years, (4 picks total, I can come back and list if wanted).

Team gave 2023 1st round pick.

Seems like an overpay for a 2023 1st. But if those were all extra pieces, sure, why not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

If Team 1 is straight rebuilding and Team 2 is win now, I actually like this for both sides. I think Davis is an RB2 this year. Maybe even high-end. 

I'd like it a lot more if it was a 2022 1st. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR Superflex, not involved

Team gave Mike Davis, Hunter Henry, then a few thirds and fourths in the next couple years, (4 picks total, I can come back and list if wanted).

Team gave 2023 1st round pick.

No disrepect to Davis, but if you have any RB depth at all, this is a great move to acquire a 1st for some very replaceable assets.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DropKick said:

No disrepect to Davis, but if you have any RB depth at all, this is a great move to acquire a 1st for some very replaceable assets.

I agree. This all comes down to depth. I like those pieces, and it also kinda depends on what the other picks involved are going back to the team giving up Davis, but it's a great move if they have the depth to pull it off. 

If they're giving up 2022 2nds or 3rds I might have to reassess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Boston said:

If you need a QB this is not a lot to give up for someone who has a chance to be very legit with his new team...Higgins is a player but with Chase onboard that takes a little shine off of him...Anderson is not a player I would worry about dealing...I am a big fan of Pollard and would hate to give him up but he still has Zeke in front of him...add in you are upgrading from a #3 in 2023 to a #2 in 2022 and I think this is an easy deal to make in the SF format...also, since this is not an overpay I think you could get more for Stafford in-season from a contender if your team was in a spot where that made sense...the more I look t this deal the more I like it.

Appreciate the thoughts. For what it’s worth this was right out of a startup auction. A few teams blew their load trying to hoard QBs so I waited and took all of the late WR value. Ended up with 8-10 startable WR and a few other teams had none. That’s why between the dalvin deal and this one I was able to move Diontae, Moore, Higgins, and Robby. I still have AJB, Ridley, Keenan, Woods, Evans, and Pittman. But my QBs were Big Ben, Winston, tyrod, and the DEN QBs, so Stafford was a big get for me. I think I’m very well positioned now for a few years with:

Stafford, Ben, Winston

Cook, CEH, Hunt,

AJB, Ridley, Keenan, Woods, Evans, and Pittman

Smith, Gesicki, Trautman. 

plus I added a few 2nds in this draft I should be able to use to add pieces as teams start rebuilding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I'd like it a lot more if it was a 2022 1st. 

2023 is the better year to have a first if it's a RB you need, not 2022.  However, there are some very good WRs and QBs coming out in 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

2023 is the better year to have a first if it's a RB you need, not 2022.  However, there are some very good WRs and QBs coming out in 2022.

I suppose. I always tend to view the picks in terms of straight value. Like, a 2023 1st is typically worth about the same as a 2022 2nd.

Seems like targeting players 2 years out is putting a lot of faith in those players to continue to perform/stay healthy.

but that’s certainly a shrewd way to obtain picks, provided things shake out as you expect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I suppose. I always tend to view the picks in terms of straight value. Like, a 2023 1st is typically worth about the same as a 2022 2nd.

Seems like targeting players 2 years out is putting a lot of faith in those players to continue to perform/stay healthy.

but that’s certainly a shrewd way to obtain picks, provided things shake out as you expect. 

This is a bad valuation unless you are the one paying the 2nds for future 1sts.  

As to the rest of the post, I agree if you are targeting a specific player.  Players underperform, get injured, or have off field issues.  But the good thing is that when you collect those picks you don't have to make the selection of the player you are "targeting" until you are on the clock.  Late risers could easily replace someone years on down the road.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

This is a bad valuation unless you are the one paying the 2nds for future 1sts. 
 

not talking about paying a 22 2nd for a 23 1st (for example). I’m talking about how trade partners have consistently valued future picks, in my experience.

Maybe it’s not a full round of value, but no one I’ve ever dealt with has valued a pick 2 years out the same as a pick the following year. 

So when I approach a prospective trade partner, I go in with the expectation that a pick 2 or 3 years out is progressively less valuable. I think it’s a completely reasonable valuation, and at least in my experience it’s proved to be accurate time and again both in giving up & obtaining that future pick. 

 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

not talking about paying a 22 2nd for a 23 1st (for example). I’m talking about how trade partners have consistently valued future picks, in my experience.

Maybe it’s not a full round of value, but no one I’ve ever dealt with has valued a pick 2 years out the same as a pick the following year. 

So when I approach a prospective trade partner, I go in with the expectation that a pick 2 or 3 years out is progressively less valuable. I think it’s a completely reasonable valuation, and at least in my experience it’s proved to be accurate time and again not in giving up & obtaining that future pick. 

 

Agreed, the longer I have to wait, the less valuable it becomes. Part of that too is that I can't reasonably expect the rookie to be an impact player, or maybe should say I can't count on him to be an impact player, until his second year. So if it's a 2024 pick, I can't really expect anything until 2025. And that's a long way off.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Agreed, the longer I have to wait, the less valuable it becomes. Part of that too is that I can't reasonably expect the rookie to be an impact player, or maybe should say I can't count on him to be an impact player, until his second year. So if it's a 2024 pick, I can't really expect anything until 2025. And that's a long way off.

Yep. See above for the Pittman deal I just made. I had to cough up a 2022 3rd and a 2023 4th specifically because I offered a 2023 1st. Dude told me if it was a 2022 1st he’d take it straight up. 

Trade calc had him winning by 30%. Unfortunately the trade calc isn’t a team owner selling me Pittman. lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I feel like I'm missing something as most of the "wins" are for Team A.  The 2 best pieces in this deal by far (depending on your feeling on Claypool) are Gibson and the 22 1st.  Not sure how those picks ended up on those sides.  Gibson is so far ahead of Moss and that 1st so far ahead of a 3rd that this is terrible and does belong in a worst trades thread.

That's my thinking too. Seems like the other responses share the same view. I was worried that I there was something off in the way I was viewing the trade and valuing pieces.

15 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Agreed.  No worries.  We all quick read sometimes.  I wish someone would offer me a deal like this.

I never seem to get lopsided offers in my favor, only the other kind which I post in the 'Bad trade offers' thread. 😄

I don't think it's in my make-up to go into trade discussions with an aim to get over on another owner, I go in with a win-win mindset. The owner getting Gibson + 1st had an earlier deal with a different owner which I think was similarly slanted in his favor. 

That trade (completed back in January) was:

Team A (same owner who received Gibson) receives: Aaron Rodgers, CMC, Claypool, 2021 1.10

Team B receives: OBJ, Jacobs, 2021 1.06, 2021 1.12, 2022 1st

Now with Rodgers potentially opting out or holding out, that changes the perception, but at the time, most in our league considered that a steal. Whatever he's doing to get those deals in his favor is working for him.

Now I have to figure out how to target those same fish. The problem I find is that they tend to skew to the other extreme when I try to have trade talks with them, trying to get over on me to recoup the value they lost. Maybe it's because they realize that they lost a previously trade badly and are afraid to make the same mistakes.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zaner75 said:

That's my thinking too. Seems like the other responses share the same view. I was worried that I there was something off in the way I was viewing the trade and valuing pieces.

I never seem to get lopsided offers in my favor, only the other kind which I post in the 'Bad trade offers' thread. 😄

I don't think it's in my make-up to go into trade discussions with an aim to get over on another owner, I go in with a win-win mindset. The owner getting Gibson + 1st had an earlier deal with a different owner which I think was similarly slanted in his favor. 

That trade (completed back in January) was:

Team A (same owner who received Gibson) receives: Aaron Rodgers, CMC, Claypool, 2021 1.10

Team B receives: OBJ, Jacobs, 2021 1.06, 2021 1.12, 2022 1st

Now with Rodgers potentially opting out or holding out, that changes the perception, but at the time, most in our league considered that a steal. Whatever he's doing to get those deals in his favor is working for him.

Now I have to figure out how to target those same fish. The problem I find is that they tend to skew to the other extreme when I try to have trade talks with them, trying to get over on me to recoup the value they lost. Maybe it's because they realize that they lost a previously trade badly and are afraid to make the same mistakes.

That is nuts.  Even with A-Rod opting out I think I choose the Team A side personally.  That was an absolute robbery in Jan.  We have a guy like that in our league that seems to just rob everyone and I'm not sure how he does it because I'll talk to the same owners (sometimes about the same players) and I can't get anywhere close to that value.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR, Dynasty Superflex

Team got Jonathon Taylor

Team got firsts in 22, 23, 24, seconds in 22 and 24, thirds in 23 and 24.

I like JT a lot and think he has a great year even with Mack/Hines there but dang this is a ton.  I guess no picks this year but 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds feels like a team losing all of their draft capital.  It is probably a win-win but Taylor has to be a monster for many years for this to pay off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

I don't think it's in my make-up to go into trade discussions with an aim to get over on another owner, I go in with a win-win mindset.
 

this is me exactly. I think the lopsided deals are ones that others offer. I’ve never received such an offer, but I would feel awkward about accepting something completely imbalanced. I’m a big fan of fair play & competitive balance in leagues, so it would put me in an awkward position. 

That said, if it’s nearing the trade deadline & I’m out of it but someone wants an asset that’ll put them over true top who i don’t mind moving, I won’t hesitate to squeeze as much value from the deal as possible. That’s a different circumstance I think.

but like you, I approach trades with a win-win philosophy. I want to get a deal done. I don’t want to insult my trade partner.  I want to come in low enough that if they accept, awesome! But if they don’t, I’d like them to counter or tell me how far off we are rather than ignore or reject without counter. 

In talks for the Pittman deal, that’s a dude with a stacked roster, in win-now mode. I came at him basically saying “i don’t have many players to trade & I’m building for future/depth/upside. I know you don’t need to make a deal, but you’ve got 8 high caliber WRs, so I wouldn’t mind overpaying a little for one. I don’t need to win this deal, but I’d like to get Pittman.”

He said that approach is why he made the deal. He always loves getting future picks for depth, and while he’s a Trojans fan & didn’t really want to move Pittman (one of his auction picks from our 1st year) he was open to negotiating for him. 

Maybe I was dumb to take that approach, but I targeted Pittman specifically & I know this dude pretty well. It was the way to get it done. 

I think some folks do come out trying to get over on owners in a deal, and to me it’s an instant turn-off. I never like receiving offers that don’t also consider my roster or overall team needs.

 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR, Dynasty Superflex

Team got Jonathon Taylor

Team got firsts in 22, 23, 24, seconds in 22 and 24, thirds in 23 and 24.

Holy crap that’s a lot for Taylor. I like him, but not 3x 1sts & 2x 2nds, 2x 3rds like him. 

Probably coulda packaged just 2 of those picks and taken a Javonte or a Najee Harris.

Gimme the picks. That trade is insane to me. 
 

ETA: just ran it in Dynasty Dominator app & this favors the picks side by 146+ points, +44%

:jawdrop:

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Holy crap that’s a lot for Taylor. I like him, but not 3x 1sts & 2x 2nds, 2x 3rds like him. 

Probably coulda packaged just 2 of those picks and taken a Javonte or a Najee Harris.

Gimme the picks. That trade is insane to me. 

Yeah dude tried to rope me in for more and I was like hell no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR, Dynasty Superflex

Team got Jonathon Taylor

Team got firsts in 22, 23, 24, seconds in 22 and 24, thirds in 23 and 24.

In Superflex dynasty, this is too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
  • Create New...