What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

I'd be hard pressed to give up my copies of Fant for a handful of magic beans in any format, but this could make sense if the number of keepers is extremely low and the team is riddled with studs.
And that's exactly the scenario he faced. He also had Kittle so he was pretty set up and Fant was a luxury roster spot. We keep 6 offensive players and this happened at the deadline. It's not uncommon to work a deal at this point and get a guy that would definitely draft higher in our player pool in a couple weeks. I got Gaskin for a 4th and I haze zero doubt he would be a first rounder in our format based on rookies and players sent back to the player pool. 

12 Team, .5 PPR, 1 QB just had this last night:

Team A gave:

Dalvin Cook

Team B gave:

2 2022 1sts and 2 2023 1sts

(only 1 will be in the top half of the 1st out of the 4 most likely)
I don’t hate it if the team getting the picks is in full on rebuild mode and all they have is cook. Four first round picks is not bad value, even if only one will be on the top half. It might be slightly light, but hard to imagine another team with more picks to give.

I don’t hate it if the team getting the picks is in full on rebuild mode and all they have is cook. Four first round picks is not bad value, even if only one will be on the top half. It might be slightly light, but hard to imagine another team with more picks to give.

They are still first round picks which carry weight in deals so even if the 2023 are likely not premier first rounders they still bring a lot of value.  Getting 4 firsts for anybody is a great deal.  

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still first round picks which carry weight in deals so even if the 2023 are likely not premier first rounders they still bring a lot of value.  Getting 4 firsts for anybody is a great deal.  
100% agree. I was just responding to the comment that only one of them was in the top half. I think they got great value for a cook.

A 1st is terrible too but not sure how anyone was ok with giving Henry or a 1st.  Seems like a league I'd like to make some trades in.  Lol.
 There have been some real head-scratching trades in this league (going into 2nd season). I've previously posted some of the other trades that have been accepted (Gibson + 1st for Roethlisberger, Claypool; CMC, Rodgers, 1.10 for Jacobs, 1.06, 1.12).

Unfortunately for me, I'm always on the wrong end of the terrible offers. I get these beauties instead (my players listed after the 'for').

Roethlisberger for Wentz

D. Harris, 2 2022 2nds, 2023 1st, 2nd, 3rd for LJax

Taylor, OBJ, Gesicki for Z. WIlson, Carson, Julio, 2022 1st

Jacobs, Gesicki for Z. Wilson, K. Hill, 2022 1st

Corey Davis for Julio

Gage + 2022 4th for 2023 2nd followed a few weeks later with Gage for 2023 2nd (both post-Julio trade)

12 team PPR. 

Lamb for Golladay/Henderson 
I think Lamb is going to be a stud this season.   I'll take every share I can get.  I would gladly give Henderson and Golloday to get him and maybe a little more. 

I don't love Golloday.  He'll be 28 this year.  He's not a high volume guy.  He's downgraded at QB.  Missed a lot of time last year.  I think he's someone you have to hold at this point and sell if he starts off hot.  

Henderson is the flavor of the month in the wake of the Akers injury.  But the Rams wouldn't let him be the bellcow.  He had 1 game of 20 carries.  He never had crazy passing game usage.  I loved Akers because late in the season they seemed to be sold on making him the bellcow.  But now I'm looking at a guy who had time without Akers--and they didn't have the confidence to let him take it over.  I worry another back has a significant role this year.  Either Akers comes back and is good or they bring in another back in the future.  

You go from a young rising stud to a fading pretty good player and a never has been.

Blick said:
12 team PPR. 

Lamb for Golladay/Henderson 
Lamb is the best player here, and would not surprise me to see the Rams usurp Henderson again in the future.

Great job to capitalize on Henderson fever and golladay may wind up damaged goods.   Reasons why he fell in FA

14 team SF ppr

Gave: Monty, 1.05

Got: Chubb, 1.11
Normally I'd be jumping up and down on the Chubb side, then I think, "This is fantasy and Kareem Hunt is there while nobody seems to be supplanting Monty in any way." So I'm not sure the reduction in picks and giving up a RB who just finished top twelve easily is so great. Once you put names with picks, that's Javonte Williams vs. one of the back of the first-round receivers per ADP. And Chubb is 26 this year. I know he's the best pure runner in football, but I think he might have hit his ceiling last year. 

Who knows? 

Probably want to get him on the field and utilize him as a weapon...

sorry wrong thread.

I think this is pretty fair.  When is your rookie draft?  Knowing what those picks became matters.  At 1.5 in SF that could be Harris or Chase or one of the top QBs and Monty did finish as a top 5 RB last year plus is younger.  I don't mind this deal but I'm sure a lot of people will be on the Chubb side.
Damn, I miss that it's Superflex every time I read one of those. Okay, so there's Lawrence, Lance, Fields, and then Chase or Harris or Pitts if TE premium. That trade looks even more suspect right now. The 1.05 is a hot commodity. 

I think this is pretty fair.  When is your rookie draft?  Knowing what those picks became matters.  At 1.5 in SF that could be Harris or Chase or one of the top QBs and Monty did finish as a top 5 RB last year plus is younger.  I don't mind this deal but I'm sure a lot of people will be on the Chubb side.
Rookie draft starts Sunday. I’m not a big believer in Monty’s talent in a vacuum or that Nagy won’t mess around with more of a committee with the improved Rb room this year. I agree it’s fair and I was on the fence about offering it. The 1.05 is very valuable. I have a big drop after 9 so I’ll likely miss that tier. Either way I settled on the upgrade to Chubb being worth it that risk.

Damn, I miss that it's Superflex every time I read one of those. Okay, so there's Lawrence, Lance, Fields, and then Chase or Harris or Pitts if TE premium. That trade looks even more suspect right now. The 1.05 is a hot commodity. 
Haha suspect seems harsh. It’s Nick Chubb!

Haha suspect seems harsh. It’s Nick Chubb!
Suspect is harsh, I suppose, and not the word I was looking for. I meant that the trade probably was not quite as good as I originally thought, which I didn't think was a slam dunk anyway. I liked the Monty side. 

But you did get Chubb! 

Anyway, we all have differing opinions. I woke up the other night thinking about a trade I just made days ago, one that that left my RBs thin, with the feeling that I clearly didn't get enough in return. I criticize myself, never mind others. 

Suspect is harsh, I suppose, and not the word I was looking for. I meant that the trade probably was not quite as good as I originally thought, which I didn't think was a slam dunk anyway. I liked the Monty side. 

But you did get Chubb! 

Anyway, we all have differing opinions. I woke up the other night thinking about a trade I just made days ago, one that that left my RBs thin, with the feeling that I clearly didn't get enough in return. I criticize myself, never mind others. 
Good with criticism! Appreciate the feedback. I expect Harris to be gone by 5. Tlaw certainly will and I’d guess Lance too. 

Rookie draft starts Sunday. I’m not a big believer in Monty’s talent in a vacuum or that Nagy won’t mess around with more of a committee with the improved Rb room this year. I agree it’s fair and I was on the fence about offering it. The 1.05 is very valuable. I have a big drop after 9 so I’ll likely miss that tier. Either way I settled on the upgrade to Chubb being worth it that risk.
I would go with the Monty side as that top 5 pick is gold but I can see talking yourself in to it for Chubb.  I would like it a lot more if he had a normal backup instead of Hunt there.  I don't think it is a terrible trade but Chubb has to be a monster for it to pay off.  A lot of people are down on Monty though so I understand where you are coming from.

I'm on the Chubb side. 

Few seem to want to acknowledge this, but Monty was a middling RB until the schedule softened up and the other RBs got hurt. Now they've brought in a more talented backup who should serve as a breather back, and Cohen is reportedly back healthy, I see Monty disappointing at his ADP if folks are drafting him thinking he's going to be a top 5 back. 

Meanwhile, yes Chubb's ceiling is capped by Hunt, but Chubb's floor has been rock solid in that same circumstance. You can set your watch by Chubb's productivity. Sure, he got hurt last year - then came back just as strong. And who's to say it won't be Hunt getting hurt this year? It's a dangerous sport. Anything can happen. 

But assuming good health for all players mentioned herein, Chubb is the most talented back in the bunch, so that's the side of the deal I'd want to be on.  

The picks are the steepest price here, no argument there. Going from top 5 to 11 is a big drop. But 2021 is a pretty deep draft. Sermon went 1.11 in my rookie draft, for example. 

I'm probably in the minority here, but if I'm in win-now, I take what I see as a massive upgrade from Monty to Chubb. I think Monty is a borderline bust this year given the expectations I keep seeing from people. He won't be terrible, but I don't see a top 12 RB. Yes, I know, hot take. 🔥

I'm on the Chubb side. 

Few seem to want to acknowledge this, but Monty was a middling RB until the schedule softened up and the other RBs got hurt. Now they've brought in a more talented backup who should serve as a breather back, and Cohen is reportedly back healthy, I see Monty disappointing at his ADP if folks are drafting him thinking he's going to be a top 5 back. 

Meanwhile, yes Chubb's ceiling is capped by Hunt, but Chubb's floor has been rock solid in that same circumstance. You can set your watch by Chubb's productivity. Sure, he got hurt last year - then came back just as strong. And who's to say it won't be Hunt getting hurt this year? It's a dangerous sport. Anything can happen. 

But assuming good health for all players mentioned herein, Chubb is the most talented back in the bunch, so that's the side of the deal I'd want to be on.  

The picks are the steepest price here, no argument there. Going from top 5 to 11 is a big drop. But 2021 is a pretty deep draft. Sermon went 1.11 in my rookie draft, for example. 

I'm probably in the minority here, but if I'm in win-now, I take what I see as a massive upgrade from Monty to Chubb. I think Monty is a borderline bust this year given the expectations I keep seeing from people. He won't be terrible, but I don't see a top 12 RB. Yes, I know, hot take. 🔥
You are right on Monty but the same could be said for Jonathan Taylor with injuries, easy schedule, and Mack coming back and he is going in the 1st round in redraft leagues.  I don't think there is any way that Monty is a top 5 RB again but I would say 10-14 is about right.  I don't see Chubb as a top 5 RB with Hunt there so I'll take the slight downgrade in that 2nd-3rd tier to get a top 5 pick in SF personally.  I did say I thought it was fair and mostly a matter of preference.  Monty is also 1.5 years younger with less miles.  I like Chubb over Monty for sure but I think the pick more than makes the difference.  For.

You are right on Monty but the same could be said for Jonathan Taylor with injuries, easy schedule, and Mack coming back and he is going in the 1st round in redraft leagues.  I don't think there is any way that Monty is a top 5 RB again but I would say 10-14 is about right.  I don't see Chubb as a top 5 RB with Hunt there so I'll take the slight downgrade in that 2nd-3rd tier to get a top 5 pick in SF personally.  I did say I thought it was fair and mostly a matter of preference.  Monty is also 1.5 years younger with less miles.  I like Chubb over Monty for sure but I think the pick more than makes the difference.  For.
Funny you should mention that… I’m a little bit lower on Taylor than most seem to be as well. If I get a wide receiver at the end of the first, I’ll be thrilled to get Taylor in the early second… But if Taylor‘s going anywhere between five and 11, I’m out. If I’m at 12, he’s an excellent pick to pair with a top 5 WR.

Funny you should mention that… I’m a little bit lower on Taylor than most seem to be as well. If I get a wide receiver at the end of the first, I’ll be thrilled to get Taylor in the early second… But if Taylor‘s going anywhere between five and 11, I’m out. If I’m at 12, he’s an excellent pick to pair with a top 5 WR.
I don't disagree with that at all.  I don't have a problem taking him a little higher and it will depend on my league as I do see him as a top 10 RB but I don't see him with top 5 upside as a lot of people out there are.  Anyone taking him between 5 and like 8 or 9 is too high for my blood.

I’m keeping Akers and praying instead of that return.
Kicking myself as I was an inch away from offering something very similar, but didn’t want to insult the owners. 

my deal likely woulda been accepted. :doh:  

Probably woulda been worth the risk at that price.

Not involved:

team A gave Akers, 2023 3rd (likely mid-to-late)

team B gave Mooney, 2022 2nd, (likely bottom 3)
I’ll take Mooney and the 2nd. I’m not confident about Akers being able to return to form, and even if he does get close back to what he once was, the landscape for rbs changes so fast in this league. And I’m a big fan of Mooney. I think by this time next year he’ll be a nice dynasty commodity with Fields. 

12 team 0.5 PPR SF

Gave: Damien Harris

Got: Adam Thielen
If you’re deep at running back and in win-now mode, I like it. You might get two very serviceable years out of Adam Thielen.

no idea what you’ll get out of Harris. 

solid deal for the team getting Harris, too, if they are deep and wide receiver. There’s still a little bit of upside there if things break right. 

seems like a fair trade

mzkp54 said:
12 team 0.5 PPR SF

Gave: Damien Harris

Got: Adam Thielen

Hot Sauce Guy said:
If you’re deep at running back and in win-now mode, I like it. You might get two very serviceable years out of Adam Thielen.

no idea what you’ll get out of Harris. 

solid deal for the team getting Harris, too, if they are deep and wide receiver. There’s still a little bit of upside there if things break right. 

seems like a fair trade
I agree it is a good deal for both sides, but I am a believer in Damien Harris this year.  I see him as solid RB2 value. 

Made this mistake earlier today without reading updates .... foolish me...  I was busy with family issues (Sick F-in-L).  

I gave 4.01

I got D Mims NYJ WR & 4.03 

The Rookie Draft was in May for Rounds 1-3.  Rounds 4-5 start in 2 weeks so any valuable sleeper or camp darling or new starter due to injury is a hot target with the 4.01 pick.  

Made this mistake earlier today without reading updates .... foolish me...  I was busy with family issues (Sick F-in-L).  
Sorry to hear about the F-in-L - family always comes first though - Mimms < family issues.

And who knows, the deal may work out down the road - I've wasted 4th rounders in worse ways than that. 

Hoping for the best for your fam. ❤️

Anyone see recent dynasty trades involving Dalvin Cook?
I sniffed around the Cook owner a while back in my league & he was priced out of my comfort zone.  I believe I offered 2 firsts, a 2nd + Hopkins or Evans & it was rejected with no counter, so…

I feel like Cook owners are all-in on him. Hate to say this but maybe wait until he’s injured again & fire off a shot. :shrug:  

I sniffed around the Cook owner a while back in my league & he was priced out of my comfort zone.  I believe I offered 2 firsts, a 2nd + Hopkins or Evans & it was rejected with no counter, so…

I feel like Cook owners are all-in on him. Hate to say this but maybe wait until he’s injured again & fire off a shot. :shrug:  
I’m an owner, actually. Even as a Vike fan I’d strongly consider any offer like that.

What did the 1sts look like?

What did the 1sts look like?
Hard to say - it’s based on record, and Cook would have improved me, while closing one of those wide receivers likely would have hurt me almost as much.

Figure something between 1.07~> ?

ETA it was a 2022 & 2023.

i gave DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Nyhiem Hines, and Blake Jarwin for Cook recently. 
I like that trade for you, so long as you had the depth for it.

Dionte is the best player from your side, and he seems hit & miss. Hines is flex-worthy, Jarwin is a maybe. 

Nice get. 

Yeah I was happy with it. As far as depth I came out of the startup auction with like 10 starting WR because that’s where the value fell so even after moving them (and Higgins/Robby in a deal for Stafford) I still have AJB/Ridley/Keenan/Woods/Evans/Pittman. Not quite as young but think I should be a strong contender for a few years especially now that I’ve added Cook. 

Users who are viewing this thread