What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

Hmm...I'll take a stab at that:

Larry Fitzgerald and Gio Bernard for picks?  If I'm right I take the picks.

Um...hmm...someone got a pick they used on Ken Dixon in return for I have no idea...

Patrick Peterson for 1.15?  Depends if it's a corner-required league.

GO = Greg Olsen for 1.09
:yes:  

Paul Poslovski for 1.15

oh, and Barnidge not Bernard.

Can't make a blanket statement liked that imo.  This is extremely league dependent. There are defenses on the wire in some leagues.  In others they're all owned and very expensive due to roster spots, scoring system,  league size,  people hoarding them while they rebuild,  the types of owners - you name it.   
Which is why I said...

No defensive team or kicker is worth any future second round pick in traditional scoring.
None of the scenarios you mentioned make it any less of a dumb move.  A future second is a valuable commodity.  A team defense is made for streaming in dynasty.  Spending premium picks on top defenses is a waste of resources.

LF and GB for two late firsts and two late 3rds

GO for 1.09 otc took KD

PP (IDP) for 1.15
Fitz and Barnidge for those picks? Come on I can't move Fitz for a one and Barnidge no better then a 3 right now.

Traded Olsen for 1.9 is pretty good value

Don't do IDP so no comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
menobrown said:
Same team just pulled these trades past two days in a FFPC league:

Gave: Cooks and 2017#1, not his own, middling teams pick but not one I see as contender so my best guess is between 1-8.

Got: Dez Bryant

Gave: Allen Robinson, Ladarius Green, Langford

Got: Julio

Some context. Team getting Julio and Dez has struggled a bit the first two years in the league, did not draft team in startup with this idea but when team got off to a bad start they reversed course and have been stockpiling talent and picks. Currently  sitting on a load of both talent and picks in this draft(which have already been made) and 2017 draft where they still have three 2017#1's(from mostly bad teams)  and four 2017#2's. It's exactly the kind of team that should do a 3 for one or slight overpays to get the best guy in a deal and to me that's what they did. As I told the owner who got Dez and Julio, love it for you, not so much the rest of us.
I tend to be a "best player in the deal" guy so Julio and Dez are nice acquisitions.

Flip side?  Giving up the younger pair of receivers (Cooks, Robinson), a 2017 1st rounder and the potential of Langford and Green makes it a fairly even swap.

Zealots Field

Just traded Cameron Wake for a 2017 5th round pick.

I'm sure this will lead to pages and pages of comments and analysis.

12 team ppr w te bonus, 30 man roster

q/r/w/w/t/flex x4

traded 2 2017 2nds (mid) 2017 3rd (early)

got 1.09 (boyd)

traded Funchess

got 2.03 (perkins)

12 team PPR. Start 1QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1TE

Team A gave Woodhead

Team B gave 2017 2nd (i would guess mid pick, not a great team not a bottom team)

Team A most likely is not contending this year.  

Team B has a decent team as stated above, but nothing special.

One of the best deals for both teams I've seen lately

Zeke, late 1st and 3rd (probably 1.14-1.16) for AJ Green

Ppr, QRWWWTFF (only one flex can be rb)

One of the best deals for both teams I've seen lately

Zeke, late 1st and 3rd (probably 1.14-1.16) for AJ Green
The commanding price Zeke has been fetching I'm kind of surprised the picks aren't on the other side.  This I like for both teams and is more reasonable.  

The commanding price Zeke has been fetching I'm kind of surprised the picks aren't on the other side.  This I like for both teams and is more reasonable.  
We start 1-2 rb and 3-5 wr so that probably makes a difference. 

12 team, ppr, start qrrwwtfkd, 20 man roster + 10 man taxi, bestball scoring

Team A (rebuilding) gives: Forte, Jordy

Team B (competing) gives: 17 first, 17 second

Team A (rebuilding) gives:  Brady, Team B's 17 second

Team C (competing, but with only Eli and Fitz at QB) gives: Duke Johnson 

Rebuilder for both

Big one to kick off our rookie draft today. No wonder my offer for 1.01 was turned down.

14-team PPR (1/2/3/1/, 3 flex)

1.01, Josh Gordon

for

Sammy Watkins, Donte Moncrief

Big one to kick off our rookie draft today. No wonder my offer for 1.01 was turned down.

14-team PPR (1/2/3/1/, 3 flex)

1.01, Josh Gordon

for

Sammy Watkins, Donte Moncrief
Interesting.

We got a highly regarded but unproven rookie and a high upside player who actually has had a better fantasy season than anyone in this deal but he may play this year or never for a player who had foot surgery and another who had the rare turf toe surgery. So many ways this trade could end up going for the teams involved.

It's close to me but if I have to start 3 WR's I'm taking Watkins/Moncrief.

I get that he is rebuilding, but moving Brady, Forte, and Jordy to net a 2017 1st and Duke Johnson seems like a pretty small return. 

I would like to think that the in season price he could have got for just Jordy would be more than that.

Interesting.

We got a highly regarded but unproven rookie and a high upside player who actually has had a better fantasy season than anyone in this deal but he may play this year or never for a player who had foot surgery and another who had the rare turf toe surgery. So many ways this trade could end up going for the teams involved.

It's close to me but if I have to start 3 WR's I'm taking Watkins/Moncrief.
It's a really fun/interesting trade because all 4 guys have such huge upside but all have some fairly big questions in terms of how likely they are to reach that upside. Personally, I think I like Zeke a little bit more than Watkins (though it's very close) due to Watkins' growing list of injuries. But in this format, I like Moncrief over Gordon by a good amount because it's 14 teams and we're all starting 9 total RB/WR/TE each week. Even worst case Moncrief is a solid WR3-4 who you feel good about starting every week. Who knows what you get from Gordon. So I'd lean towards the side getting Watkins personally.

It's a really fun/interesting trade because all 4 guys have such huge upside but all have some fairly big questions in terms of how likely they are to reach that upside. Personally, I think I like Zeke a little bit more than Watkins (though it's very close) due to Watkins' growing list of injuries. But in this format, I like Moncrief over Gordon by a good amount because it's 14 teams and we're all starting 9 total RB/WR/TE each week. Even worst case Moncrief is a solid WR3-4 who you feel good about starting every week. Who knows what you get from Gordon. So I'd lean towards the side getting Watkins personally.
I think I agree with everything you just said.

I also prefer Elliot over Watkins but it's the Moncrief over Gordon aspect as well as need to start 3 WR's that pushes me to that side but I like Elliot over Watkins enough that if this was 2RB2WR start league I'd probably prefer EE/Gordon.

14 team devy (1 round) PPR. Start 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR. Tons of 2017 guys rostered of course.

Gave:

Stefon Diggs, Hunter Henry, Wendell Smallwood, TRich

Got:

T.J. Yeldon, mid-late 2017 1st, Paul Richardson

Would need to see the roster on this one. Seems like an easy call for Lacy but if that pick is one of the top RB's next year...

2017 1st, 2017 3rd, James White

for

Eddie Lacy, Isaiah Crowell, 2017 2nd
As hyped as the 2017 1's are right now this seems ridiculously cheap for the players. Lacy should be able to pull a future 1. The rest seems free. Unless as suggested the 2017 1 is a lock for top 2 next year.

14 team PPR

Gave: Tyler Lockett

Got: Michael Floyd

I could see this going either way. I'm competing so Floyd likely helps more this year 

I'd take Floyd and I don't think it's close
Why?  Floyd has teased but maybe we've seen his ceiling.  He is also a few years older.   Might even be the 3rd option on his own team.

Lockett showed nothing but promise.  I can see a preference for either guy but "not close"?

Why?  Floyd has teased but maybe we've seen his ceiling.  He is also a few years older.   Might even be the 3rd option on his own team.

Lockett showed nothing but promise.  I can see a preference for either guy but "not close"?
Right. Floyd has the higher ceiling but a lot more risk involved. He's 26 and if he doesn't break out this year his value will start to decline rapidly. It's also a contract year, so who knows how Arizona will let that play out. Also, there's been the talk of "life after Larry" forever, but what about life after Carson Palmer?

As the one getting Floyd, my main motivation is to help compete for this year. He's my 5th WR where we can start 5 and I absolutely love his floor and ceiling for that spot. Long term: toss up, too many variables. Win now: Floyd

DropKick said:

Nothing but promise is a good term for it.  A third round NFL draft pick. 51 catches for 664 yards and 6 touchdowns last year.   Nothing. But, promise.  Nothing but promise.   

I get that he is rebuilding, but moving Brady, Forte, and Jordy to net a 2017 1st and Duke Johnson seems like a pretty small return. 

I would like to think that the in season price he could have got for just Jordy would be more than that.
I'm the rebuilding team (took over an orphan) in this trade and I agree with you.  Here's my thinking (either right or wrong):

1.  I don't mind losing some value on the first several trades in a league where I don't have any existing relationships with the other owners.  My goal is to start building good future trade relationships and show the other owners that I'm willing to make deals that help both teams rather than trying to nickel and dime them to death trying to extract the last drop of value from my players.  I've seen too many owners take over orphan teams and not be able to sell their vets for any value because they were unwilling to take even a small hit in trade value.  In my mind, that's silly.  

2,  Brady, Jordy, and Forte could certainly have move value in-season.  If I carry them into the season, I assume all the risk, i.e. them not getting injured/replaced in training camp, preseason, or in the first couple of weeks of the season.  For me, it's not worth the risk.

3.  In this particular league, one owner had managed to amass six 2016 first round picks.  I think this made a fair number of owners unwilling to even discuss trading 2017 firsts.  Obviously its a situation specific to this league, but it also underlines that player/draft pick value can vary significantly from league to league.

Seems like the pick is on the wrong side. What was Team B's QB situation? I would have to imagine they were in dire need to make that deal. 

12 Team PPR 

i just traded Jeremy Hill, Buck Allen and the 5th pick this year for Kirk Cousins, LA D, 2017 1st and 2nd Rd picks from arguably the worst team in paper in the league. 

By doing that it gave me 3 1st round picks in 2017 and a 2nd. I also own the 2nd overall pick and 18th in this years rookie/FA draft. Left me with David Johnson/Demarco Murray/Gio Bernard/Ameer Abdullah at RB which I'll fix with next yr with the 3 firsts. 

DropKick said:
This is how I'd  see it, for sure don't think it merited the dreaded "not close" label. 

Floyd has averaged 96 targets and 163 fantasy points a year and he's 3 years older.

Lockett put up 155 fantasy point on 69 targets and a few runs.

So Lockett is 3 years younger and a player who in his rookie season scored 8 fantasy points less than Floyd has averaged in his career and did so on 27 targets less than Floyd has averaged and even as a rookie outdid Floyd on a fantasy points per target basis.

Have no idea how this is perceived as not close.

12 Team PPR 

i just traded Jeremy Hill, Buck Allen and the 5th pick this year for Kirk Cousins, LA D, 2017 1st and 2nd Rd picks from arguably the worst team in paper in the league. 

By doing that it gave me 3 1st round picks in 2017 and a 2nd. I also own the 2nd overall pick and 18th in this years rookie/FA draft. Left me with David Johnson/Demarco Murray/Gio Bernard/Ameer Abdullah at RB which I'll fix with next yr with the 3 firsts. 
Could be the  worst team and worst owner making that deal :)

12 team 0.5 PPR. Start 1RB, 2WR, 3 Flex. Bonus for big plays. This deal was made day before draft.

1.4 for 1.6, C. West, 2017 2 (mid), 2.9.

Guy getting west was Charles owner. 

1.4 ended up Treadwell. 1.6 was Prosise (I have no idea why and this owner is a pro).

mikel2014 said:
14 team PPR

Gave: Tyler Lockett

Got: Michael Floyd

I could see this going either way. I'm competing so Floyd likely helps more this year 
I'd take Lockett and it's not close. That offense is trending towards letting Wilson air it out. Lockett is going to be a star imo.

ok I'll post this one, although I know most are going to hate my side. I have too much Arob so wanted to trade him in this one. Woodhead was my rb 4 for this year pre trade ( but my 2 and 3 are expiring Forte and Murray). I also have Lamar Miller. I'm the defending champ and one of the better teams on paper. This is FFPC

I gave Arob, Woodhead, 2017 5th

I got Gurely, Mason, 2017 4th

I'd take Lockett and it's not close. That offense is trending towards letting Wilson air it out. Lockett is going to be a star imo.
I think the whole "it's not close" thing is a bit silly. Clearly people are debating about it so it is close in public perception. Twitter poll had it about 60/40 Floyd. 

I think the whole "it's not close" thing is a bit silly. Clearly people are debating about it so it is close in public perception. Twitter poll had it about 60/40 Floyd. 
Yeah I've never been a Floyd fan and I'm a bigger Lockett fan than most. I'd do a dance if I was able to make that trade and I was getting Lockett. 

12 Team PPR Dynasty SuperFlex

Gave: Bortles, 2017 2nd (my own)

Got: "Burger, 2.01
I'll bump (once) in the hopes of some feedback.  Draft is tomorrow - I had zero picks in the Draft until this trade  

ok I'll post this one, although I know most are going to hate my side. I have too much Arob so wanted to trade him in this one. Woodhead was my rb 4 for this year pre trade ( but my 2 and 3 are expiring Forte and Murray). I also have Lamar Miller. I'm the defending champ and one of the better teams on paper. This is FFPC

I gave Arob, Woodhead, 2017 5th

I got Gurely, Mason, 2017 4th
John,

I would prefer ARob here, as I am not a believer that the LA offense will open up enough for Gurley to reach his ceiling, but I think there's fair value both ways.  As long as you can get value, I think you accomplished your goal.

Users who are viewing this thread