What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

Yeah I assumed he isn't cutting any of these guys. It they are even close to the cut off he shouldn't have made the deal

A couple more deals 12 team Dynasty PPR

Team A gets Jeremy Maclin

Team B gets pick 1.11 and pick 2.12
I think Maclin is worth more than that. With the exception of a few bad weeks, he had mostly solid production on a new team with Alex Smith as his QB.

In my PPR leagues he finished the #15 WR and averaged 16.90 points per game. One more point a game would have put in the top 10.

I could see paying 1.06-1.08 for Maclin depending on the WR needs of my team.

Well, this one just went down. PPR with IDP.

Leveon Bell

FOR

Duke Johnson

Isaiah Crowell

Desean Jackson

Daryl Smith

3rd Rounder

TheBottomLine said:
Well, this one just went down. PPR with IDP.

Leveon Bell

FOR

Duke Johnson

Isaiah Crowell

Desean Jackson

Daryl Smith

3rd Rounder
Bell.

I like Duke but this is pretty bad

Ffpc dynasty

I give

D Hopkins

Get

Martavis Bryant

Tyler Lockett

Stefon Diggs

T Rawls
Can someone briefly explain what the FFPC dynasties are? I see a ton of trades in them but need more context..thanks
FFPC dynasty is 20 roster size in season, 16 in off-season. No Taxi squad or anything. You have to cut down to 16 by end of February and you must be able to field a starting lineup which means you have to keep a K and D so you are limited to 14 position players max. Also it's PPR but 1.5 PPR for TE's and dual flex.

Due to this the FFPC, more than most leagues, is a stud driven league since having a bunch of depth is hard to maintain.

Which brings me back to this trade. If roster size was not an issue I think the haul of those 4 players is more than Hopkins. To the team who made the trade I'd like to know what players he now has to cut in a month since he just added 3 new players to his roster. And even if he has room today it's still a roster drain.

So i said if roster size was not an issue I'd take the haul but since roster size usually is an issue, if not now then later, I'd just keep Hopkins.
Thank you

12 team PPR 30 man roster w/ 4 IR spots.

Traded Demaryius Thomas

For

Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon

Early 3rd
I could see this if you were the gambling type.

I might roll with the 2 Gordon's

Recently traded DThomas, 2.12 for Benjamin.

The 12tm .5ppr league has 22 roster spots 5 taxi. We get a 1 round devy to pick anyone each year college, highschool, w/e. I still own 2016 picks 1.02, 1.11, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 3.02, 3.06, 3.12. My thinking was I was fine with trading straight up Dthomas for KB. I likely didn't need to add the pick but I figured it would save from any countering, which it did. I put out a twitter poll like usual and it was 70% in favor of DThomas (~200 total votes) which is certainly fair. I haven't traded for a couple days just because I think I'm getting too trade crazy and only hurting my team now, but I still like the outlook for KB. His price is only going up, and once DT hits 29 it will be the 'oh I'm not trading this for an almost 30yo WR' jargon, I hope.
DT pretty easily. I would want at least a late 1st with KB for DT

Traded Demaryius Thomas

For

Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon

Early 3rd
Give me the Gordons
Same here.

DT has been getting sold a lot in leagues I'm in and looks like other leagues as well and if I still owned him I'd be trying to cash out as well.
I wonder why. He still had a really solid season, just down on the TDs a bit which tend to fluctuate. More importantly, it looks like he'll have a solid QB going forward which was the biggest concern surrounding him.

Traded Demaryius Thomas

For

Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon

Early 3rd
Give me the Gordons
Same here.

DT has been getting sold a lot in leagues I'm in and looks like other leagues as well and if I still owned him I'd be trying to cash out as well.
I wonder why. He still had a really solid season, just down on the TDs a bit which tend to fluctuate. More importantly, it looks like he'll have a solid QB going forward which was the biggest concern surrounding him.
Is Brock considered a solid QB?

Traded Demaryius Thomas

For

Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon

Early 3rd
Give me the Gordons
Same here.

Not for me. I doubt Elway hits training camp with Brock as his uncontested starter

Ffpc dynasty

I give

D Hopkins

Get

Martavis Bryant

Tyler Lockett

Stefon Diggs

T Rawls
Bryant could very well be Hopkins. Better qb, better supporting talent, huge every week upside.

Rawls could be a young lynch.

Moving both those guys for any one player is a lot.

Diggs and Lockett I'm not especially high on, but they both flashed pretty nicely and could be significant parts of this deal.

I get that there are tough roster limits but with 14 spots you're trading a wr1 for, at worst, a wr2, rb2, wr4 and wr5. If you're keeping 2q 5rb 5wr 2te, these are all guys who should make that cut no problem for most teams and they're all young emerging talents.

I.get that Hopkins was awesome this year, but this could well be his career year, too. Given the choice of putting all my eggs in one baked or spreading them out across a few I can definitely see the allure of taking the haul on this one. For my money I wait until after the draft then try to move Diggs and Lockett on the first training camp puff piece - and they will both be puffed up this off season - but I can totally see hanging onto them.

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR, Superflex, full IDP, TE Premium, 7 round rookie draft

Antonio Brown

Olivier Vernon

5.04, 6.04, 7.04

for

Jordan Matthews

Mark Ingram

Jimmy Graham

Khalil Mack

2.11, 2.12

'17 1st

'17 4th

Ffpc dynasty

I give

D Hopkins

Get

Martavis Bryant

Tyler Lockett

Stefon Diggs

T Rawls
Bryant could very well be Hopkins. Better qb, better supporting talent, huge every week upside. Rawls could be a young lynch.

Moving both those guys for any one player is a lot.

Diggs and Lockett I'm not especially high on, but they both flashed pretty nicely and could be significant parts of this deal.

I get that there are tough roster limits but with 14 spots you're trading a wr1 for, at worst, a wr2, rb2, wr4 and wr5. If you're keeping 2q 5rb 5wr 2te, these are all guys who should make that cut no problem for most teams and they're all young emerging talents.

I.get that Hopkins was awesome this year, but this could well be his career year, too. Given the choice of putting all my eggs in one baked or spreading them out across a few I can definitely see the allure of taking the haul on this one. For my money I wait until after the draft then try to move Diggs and Lockett on the first training camp puff piece - and they will both be puffed up this off season - but I can totally see hanging onto them.
I actually won the league this year- other key guys were Julio and Jordan Reed. Lamar miller mariota and Abdullah were only other real guys. Had zero depth and also zero draft picks. But selling high means actually selling someone people want

My thinking was the following:

I love hopkins, he's awesome. He also had a target load this year that seems unsustainable. and a bad qb. Obviously he overcame the qb thing this year. But I like Bryant a lot. And I happen to really like Lockett and feel like he could become wilsons guy. Rawls is a fun bet and I could even see diggs hitting if bridgewater progresses. I tried to get the guy to throw in d Parker instead of diggs but he wouldn't do it

i see the rapists are out in full force already. there's some seriously bad trades being posted. congrats on ruining your leagues. :thumbup:

Traded Demaryius Thomas

For

Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon

Early 3rd
Give me the Gordons
Same here.

:shrug:

His 7 starts this year, the first 7 of his career, prorate out to 4500/23 over a full season. Seems plenty to sustain a fantasy WR. His QB rating was basically equal to Blake Bortles', whom people seem to be gaga over.

His 7 starts this year, the first 7 of his career, prorate out to 4500/23 over a full season. Seems plenty to sustain a fantasy WR. His QB rating was basically equal to Blake Bortles', whom people seem to be gaga over.
That and the top WRs this year don't exactly have "money" QBs. The QBs for some of the top 10 WRs were Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick, Eli, whoever Houston had, Bortles, Tannehill, and DAlton.

Demaryius finished up right there with the combination of Manning who can barely throw 30 yards and Osweiller.

I think as long as you are a really talented WR like DT and you don't have a Vick-type of QB you should be able to continue to put up decent numbers.

Demaryius (with Osweiler) put up about about 15-16 points per week in PPR leagues. Not like Osweiler is great or anything (far from it), but he is good enough to get the ball to a guy like Demaryius with some consistency.

Traded Demaryius Thomas

For

Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon

Early 3rd
Give me the Gordons
Same here.

The argument to trade Demaryius isn't that I think he is a bad player or that he didn't have an OK season. But you have to ask yourself is this the best it's going to get? He had 3 elite seasons and an OK season this year. He's not getting any younger. Say he's a high-end WR2 next year, are people still going to be paying these kinds of prices for him? I doubt he ever gets back to the levels he had the previous 3 seasons and seems like a good time to cash out.

MG3 isn't really someone I'm high on but if he flashes in the preseason/first couple games next season I guarantee I can flip him for an early 1st if not more. And I need RB production so who knows might keep him.

Josh Gordon is young and has the potential to produce equally to D-Thomas and probably better if he can stay on the field. I'll take the risk.

And the 3rd is a flyer I can use to draft some decent RB that will probably back up some older vet who will get hurt and become the starter some point in the season I can flip for another draft pick or use to package up for a player I like. Easy value.

Theres my reasoning and people in the league weren't really biting on Demaryius all season who I had on the block since I took over this particular team mid-season. I was out of town and got offered Sammy Watkins and a 1st for him but missed the offer and re-sent it when I got back home but he declined :( missed opportunity but I think this return is solid enough with potential to be a big win if things work out.

Seems like DT is this year's Calvin Johnson. Folks are seeing him at the tipping point between "still great value" and "unlikely to hold value into the near future." Great environment for finding owners with disparate valuations and getting deals done.

Said deals will look like overpays or steals depending on the viewer's expectations regarding DT's next 2-4 years.

Traded Demaryius Thomas

For

Josh Gordon

Melvin Gordon

Early 3rd
Give me the Gordons
Same here.

The argument to trade Demaryius isn't that I think he is a bad player or that he didn't have an OK season. But you have to ask yourself is this the best it's going to get? He had 3 elite seasons and an OK season this year. He's not getting any younger. Say he's a high-end WR2 next year, are people still going to be paying these kinds of prices for him? I doubt he ever gets back to the levels he had the previous 3 seasons and seems like a good time to cash out.

MG3 isn't really someone I'm high on but if he flashes in the preseason/first couple games next season I guarantee I can flip him for an early 1st if not more. And I need RB production so who knows might keep him.

Josh Gordon is young and has the potential to produce equally to D-Thomas and probably better if he can stay on the field. I'll take the risk.

And the 3rd is a flyer I can use to draft some decent RB that will probably back up some older vet who will get hurt and become the starter some point in the season I can flip for another draft pick or use to package up for a player I like. Easy value.

Theres my reasoning and people in the league weren't really biting on Demaryius all season who I had on the block since I took over this particular team mid-season. I was out of town and got offered Sammy Watkins and a 1st for him but missed the offer and re-sent it when I got back home but he declined :( missed opportunity but I think this return is solid enough with potential to be a big win if things work out.
I pretty much agree with your reasoning, which is why I said I liked the Gordon side before I heard your side.

In general I just like selling players before it's to late. Arodin in a follow post mentioned him as this years Calvin Johnson which is a great comp. I owned Calvin one place when he was similar to DT's current age and I sold him and thought then as I do now, it was just the right time.

I did a PPR startup last year in a league where Calvin went 3.3 and Jordy went 3.5. Now on the surface those seemed like great value picks to me at the time. I had a pick at 2.2 and not another slated until 3.11 and when Jordy was still kicking at 3.5 I tried moving up to get him, so again felt those were solid values at the time. But even though I thought they were good values there were only 2-4 players that got picked ahead of those two that I would not have picked over them.

So basically, to me, their value was right around 2/3 turn type, in the 24/25 overall range. Why? Age mainly. People, myself included, preferred younger options. Middle to late second round options like Watkins, Cooks, Alshon, Hopkins all seemed like better ways to go to me.

So getting back to DT. He's still good and he's shown in the past he's a bit QB proof. But just to my naked eye he has not looked as explosive this season, granted he won't turn 29 until the fantasy season is basically over next year but I think his age is or will very soon be used as major disadvantage to his value and his volume has been immense and those things can only go one direction.

I mentioned the Calvin/Jordy examples and this summer DT will be about 1.3-1.5 years younger at the time of those drafts as Calvin and Jordy were last season.

In that same startup DT went 1.9.

This is again why I'd prefer to try and move DT now but ONLY if I'm getting something befitting a player at least in the top 15 overall. It's not a give away or a fire sale. I've seen some teams acquire DT this off-season at prices I would easily have paid.

It's all relative to price, I'd pay for him if it was a good deal and I've seen some go down I'd have rather been the guy buying him then selling but all things being equal I'd rather be the guy selling.

12 team dynasty PPR, TE bonus, 3 year contract

Gronk's owner had to trade him or lose him

Team A gets Gronk

Team B gets Doug Martin, ASJ, pick 1.10

menobrown said:
I pretty much agree with your reasoning, which is why I said I liked the Gordon side before I heard your side.

In general I just like selling players before it's to late. Arodin in a follow post mentioned him as this years Calvin Johnson which is a great comp. I owned Calvin one place when he was similar to DT's current age and I sold him and thought then as I do now, it was just the right time.

I did a PPR startup last year in a league where Calvin went 3.3 and Jordy went 3.5. Now on the surface those seemed like great value picks to me at the time. I had a pick at 2.2 and not another slated until 3.11 and when Jordy was still kicking at 3.5 I tried moving up to get him, so again felt those were solid values at the time. But even though I thought they were good values there were only 2-4 players that got picked ahead of those two that I would not have picked over them.

So basically, to me, their value was right around 2/3 turn type, in the 24/25 overall range. Why? Age mainly. People, myself included, preferred younger options. Middle to late second round options like Watkins, Cooks, Alshon, Hopkins all seemed like better ways to go to me.

So getting back to DT. He's still good and he's shown in the past he's a bit QB proof. But just to my naked eye he has not looked as explosive this season, granted he won't turn 29 until the fantasy season is basically over next year but I think his age is or will very soon be used as major disadvantage to his value and his volume has been immense and those things can only go one direction.

I mentioned the Calvin/Jordy examples and this summer DT will be about 1.3-1.5 years younger at the time of those drafts as Calvin and Jordy were last season.

In that same startup DT went 1.9.

This is again why I'd prefer to try and move DT now but ONLY if I'm getting something befitting a player at least in the top 15 overall. It's not a give away or a fire sale. I've seen some teams acquire DT this off-season at prices I would easily have paid.

It's all relative to price, I'd pay for him if it was a good deal and I've seen some go down I'd have rather been the guy buying him then selling but all things being equal I'd rather be the guy selling.
Demaryius is this year's version of an interesting case study on how the youth line keeps moving further and further back every year in dynasty perception.

It used to be that a 33 year old WR finally started losing his value. Then 31 year old WRs were only a couple years away from being 33, so they lost value. Then 30 year olds were almost 31, 29 year olds were almost 30, and apparently we're now at the point where 28 year old WRs are sell-low guys because they're almost to the point where they're almost old enough to be close to being old enough to being almost at the age where WRs drop off.

I remember a handful of years back in discussion about Steven Jackson, EBF saying something to the effect of "if we keep moving this line back are we going to get to the point were a 28 year old RB is considered over the hill"? If only he knew. Forget 28 year old RBs, those guys have to be 24 to not be given up on anymore, we've even gotten to the point where 28 is old for a WR.

It's kind of amazing to watch how a guy's perception/value can go from elite young stud WR with a long future to "eh this guy is getting pretty old probably time to sell while he still has some value left" in 1-2 years. It wasn't even two years ago that Demaryius was bringing in an insane haul and practically untouchable largely because of the longevity left in his career. Now a mere year and a half later people are selling him at 30-50% of what they paid because he's so old.

To be fair, I'm sure a big part of that is the emergence of some REALLY young WRs like Beckham, Robinson, Cooper, etc, but can someone remember to quote this post a few years from now when people are selling Beckham for cheap because he's about to turn 26?

standard 14team ppr, 22 roster, start qb, 2rb, 2wr, r/w, te, k, d

Lacy, ju. Thompson

-for-

M. Jones, D Inman, K. Wright
I'd take Lacy despite having no clue what a ju. Thompson is.

12 team PPR

Team A gets: M. Gordon

Team B gets: 1.08, 2.01
In a good draft, the picks. In an average year, it's a push.This year's draft, I would take Gordon.
Or turn the picks into picks in a good draft. I'd take the picks and look to flip them for 1's next year on draft day. In the case of 1.08 assuming someone doesn't slip that I really like I'd probably get a late 2 this year and a 1 next and the 2.01 should easily net a random 1st if not another trade-down to a mid pick in the 4th or 5th round.

I also have no idea why anyone would make this trade now (moving Gordon). Gordon is only going to go down in value until he gets on the field and shows something, and picks are only going to increase between now and draft day. If you really wanted to buy Gordon you could probably wait until 1.08 is OTC and get Gordon+ for him. Some Pitt fan is going to look at Boyd in a new ______ uniform and say "wow, he could really be a stud next year when X random factor gets solved" and want to jump all over him at 1.08.

Users who are viewing this thread