What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

Anything here that makes the picks more valuable?  2QB?  Yuge rosters?  IDP?

Because on the surface that looks like a huge win for the team getting Henry.
Nope. FFPC

i guess I am in the minority here. Just not that high on Henry, and I really think this is a deep draft. Maybe I am missing something.  :shrug:

Nope. FFPC

i guess I am in the minority here. Just not that high on Henry, and I really think this is a deep draft. Maybe I am missing something.  :shrug:
I'm a Henry owner and really like him. It would take a lot to get him away from me He's still only 22 years old, and after this year he should take over that backfield.

I think you sold too soon - if his role increases this year and he looks good, he's going to be very valuable and in demand.

12 team ppr dynasty. 26 man rosters. Start qb rb wr wr te fx d k (so just 1 rb mandatory )

Traded hill bernard 2.4 for moncreif and 2.2.  Thoughts? 

12 tm idp ppr

Gave: Zeke, Meredith, Pryor 

Got: Evans, D.Murray

It is a start 2 rb league and Murray is my RB1 now but WRs are Evans, OBJ and A.Rob

12 tm idp ppr

It is a start 2 rb league and Murray is my RB1 now but WRs are Evans, OBJ and A.Rob
Pretty even trade and maybe a short-term win but most will probably prefer the Zeke side long-term.  Zeke and Evans are fairly close in value; I did a startup last week and Evans went #2 and Zeke #4, the poll on this site has Zeke going #2 and Evans #3.  I tend to like WRs but there are so few stud RBs that I can see going Zeke.  The problem is most people will look at Murray as being a rapidly diminishing value as he's 29, has some usage and has Henry (considered a stud-in-waiting) nipping at his heals - not sure you can count on him for more than 2 years.  Meanwhile, Pryor and Meredith are both high upside, young WRs both expected to lead their teams next year - even if only 1 hits big, it's probably a win for the other side.  On the plus side, it will be nice having those WRs for the next 10 years

Gave Derrick Henry

Received 1.10, 2.01
I'll be the contrarian here and take the picks.  Not as impressed with Henry as the consensus and he is looking at at least another year of being blocked by Murray.  I likely got him for a mid-1st, and flipping that for two picks in a much deeper class looks like a win

I do tend to agree with Kutta that the price might have gone up if you waited, but probably not till after the rook draft, and I'd rather have the '17 picks than have to wait another year for my value.

32 team, ppr, salary

Team A got: Eric Ebron, Cullen Jenkins, CJ Mosley, Perry Riley, Tyrann Mathieu, 2017 4.09 pick

Team B got: Julius Thomas, Eli Aplle, 2017 2.05 pick, 2018 round 1 pick

You're responding to the wrong thing.  

I posted that I thought it was closer than people here seemed to think. Player 2 for players 15 and 38 I think in our community mock.  Not great but not horrible, especially if you would have taken Thomas earlier than 15 (I have him ahead of guys like ty Hilton for example) 

FreeBaGe replied like you did - if everything has to work perfectly to be even it's a bad trade.  I.agree with that sentiment and I also said I'd take Elliott. 

Then I posted the part you quoted. Perfectly would be you trade Elliott for two studs before he blows an ACL. Perfectly would be you take Dalvin cook at 1.5 and he really is th he best back in this class, and you got Thomas for free.  Perfect is Thomas takes the next step forward and becomes a top 5 wr. If one of those things happens this will be a clear win for the Thomas side.  

Things don't have to go perfect for the thomas side to win the deal.  But it's easier for the Elliott side to win.  So I'd take the Elliott side but it's closer for me than the early consensus. 
If the league were larger or with larger lineups, I might support the Thomas and pick side.  But in a 10 team league?  Give me the best player in almost every deal (when there is a clear best player) 

12 tm idp ppr

Really close.  This might be what it takes for me to trade Evans but I'd sure have to think long and hard.  

Nope. FFPC

I'm actually not that high on Henry either, but his value seems to have been established as a fair bit higher than that.

10 team PPR. 

Zeke

for

Michael Thomas and 2017 1.05
I got offered Zeke for Michael Thomas and 1.2 a few weeks ago and it was the hardest trade decision in my life.  I thought I was overpaying, but had a team that could could afford to do it and I still had a few more first round picks. I ended up passing but literally at one point had my finger on the button about to hit accept and chickened out.

Got a revised offer of Zeke for Thomas, 1.6 and my 2018#1(which is likely late).   I could not stomach the idea of giving up Thomas and two #1 picks , one of which I view as premium, for one player but again it was close.

I'd have done it for the 1.6 and Thomas however, even if that 2018#1 is late it still has value.

So long story short I take the Elliot side in this deal, but it's close, not some insta-accept kind of deal, at least not to me.

Pretty even trade and maybe a short-term win but most will probably prefer the Zeke side long-term.  Zeke and Evans are fairly close in value; I did a startup last week and Evans went #2 and Zeke #4, the poll on this site has Zeke going #2 and Evans #3.  I tend to like WRs but there are so few stud RBs that I can see going Zeke.  The problem is most people will look at Murray as being a rapidly diminishing value as he's 29, has some usage and has Henry (considered a stud-in-waiting) nipping at his heals - not sure you can count on him for more than 2 years.  Meanwhile, Pryor and Meredith are both high upside, young WRs both expected to lead their teams next year - even if only 1 hits big, it's probably a win for the other side.  On the plus side, it will be nice having those WRs for the next 10 years
This was the main motivation behind the offer....knew it would take a lot to get Evans and despite giving up Zeke I was quite pleased with the deal.

12 team PPR (Best ball, devy)

Gave: Josh Reynolds, Devy 5.04

For: Pierre Garcon, Devy 2.10

14 team PPR (1/2/3/1, 3 Flex)

Gave: 2.09, two 2018 3rds (both late)

For: Pierre Garcon

10 Team, PPR - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

Team A Gave - Keenan Allen

Team B Gave - Doug Baldwin, 2018 1st Round Pick

14 team PPR (1/2/3/1, 3 Flex)

Gave: 2.09, two 2018 3rds (both late)

For: Pierre Garcon
first trade - no idea who Josh Reynolds is, Garcon is basically worthless in SF, so i guess the 2.10 DEVY pick side.

second trade - picks over Garcon since he's essentially irrelevant on the 9'ers.

Last edited by a moderator:
first trade - no idea who Josh Reynolds is, Garcon is basically worthless in SF, so i guess the 2.10 DEVY pick side.

second trade - picks over Garcon since he's essentially irrelevant on the 9'ers.
Reynolds is a pretty solid wr out of A&M but I'll take Garcon in both. The number one wr on what should be an improved offense. Don't know how you can say he is irrelevant

Reynolds is a pretty solid wr out of A&M but I'll take Garcon in both. The number one wr on what should be an improved offense. Don't know how you can say he is irrelevant
By irrelevant i mean i would never want to start him.  Sorry, but if you're starting Garcon you're probably in trouble.

12 teams, superflex, ppr

Gave

1.08, 2.02

got

Doctson, Siemian (I have Paxton, so suring up Den QB spot is worth more to me than others)

I think it was pretty fair both ways. Doctson will likely be the best player in the trade, so I'm pretty happy with my side. 

This post shows a serious lack of knowledge. Garcon should be a target hog in Shanny's offense. 

Garcon side. Reynolds is a nice flyer (Waldman fav) tho. 

This post shows a serious lack of knowledge. Garcon should be a target hog in Shanny's offense. 

Garcon side. Reynolds is a nice flyer (Waldman fav) tho. 
GL winning your league starting guys like Garcon.  highly doubt he's a staple on any championship teams.  If you're happy with 3rd-5th place he's a good play i guess.

Garcon was WR24 last year and while SF has been a dumpster fire compared to what he was playing with last year, having the lead receiver in a Kyle Shanahan offense is attractive just on the chance he turns things around relatively quickly.

GL winning your league starting guys like Garcon.  highly doubt he's a staple on any championship teams.  If you're happy with 3rd-5th place he's a good play i guess.
Take a look at the post above. Garcon could easily be a top half WR2 this year. Making trades like that is HOW you win championships. 

Take a look at the post above. Garcon could easily be a top half WR2 this year. Making trades like that is HOW you win championships. 
not seeing a top 20 FF WR in SF.  Guess anything is possible.  I'll be shocked to see any championship teams starting Garcon but miracles happen.

not seeing a top 20 FF WR in SF.  Guess anything is possible.  I'll be shocked to see any championship teams starting Garcon but miracles happen.
Well he's 30, not 35, so it doesn't have to be this year.

Still, things change fast.  People weren't expecting Cleveland to host a top 20 WR last year either.

Well he's 30, not 35, so it doesn't have to be this year.

Still, things change fast.  People weren't expecting Cleveland to host a top 20 WR last year either.
like i said, miracles happen.  there are 50-70 WR's in the same boat as Garcon.  Some of them will end up ok, i just don't value 30 year old average WR's in horrid passing offenses.

Serious question, what rookie pick do you think Garcon is worth?  i value him as a mid/late 3rd.

12 team PPR TE bonus

Team A gets Jordan Howard, Tyrellle Williams, Tyler Higbee

Team B gets J Matthews, D Parker, Z Ertz, Jamaal Charles, Ryan Mathews

In best ball I take Garcon over Reynolds straight up. If I'm a contender then I want to fill my best ball roster with guys like Garcon who will occasionally crack my lineup, rather than with prospects who will take zeros all year.

Can't discredit any teams best wr, especially in best ball. Maybe you haven't done your dynasty research this year yet but Reynolds, while not a household name, should be on the radar somewhere. 

I'm always looking out for cheap player with a coaching change, especially an offensive coach like Kyle that peppers its top wr with targets. 

Pretty close to me. 1.5 PPR I'd say even, if 1.25 I'll take Howard by a smidge
I don't have a lot of faith in Mathews or Parker getting enough target share, perrienial breakout candidate ertz never seems to be as good as we hope, Charles/Mathews are at the end of their career. A couple wr3, back end te1 and a couple old rbs for one of the only non committee backs that broke out as a rookie plus two other young players that have clear paths to playing time, that's how I look at it. I suppose these particular players that are the key pieces im not very high on. Maybe the $1 Howard and a couple nickels doesn't add up to 5 quarters (two of which are old and beat up and may not work in the machine)  but I want the $1 bill. 

Unless you play in "start 1 wr" leagues or 5-team leagues, you are going to have some starters (not to mention bye/injury reserves) who are nowhere near being top 20 but still important contributors to a championship.

Can't understand why you are so dismissive of acquiring such a player who might have a solid weekly floor.  It's not like he traded away Zeke for him...the price was fairly reasonable.

like i said, miracles happen.  there are 50-70 WR's in the same boat as Garcon.  Some of them will end up ok, i just don't value 30 year old average WR's in horrid passing offenses.

Serious question, what rookie pick do you think Garcon is worth?  i value him as a mid/late 3rd.
if I'm a contender he is worth more like 2.7 - 2.11 to me

Whoa horsey. This is Pierre Garcon we are taliking about. Going to a much worse situation (Even with the Shanahan bump). As of now, it's Gabbert again.

i have never seen Garçon get this much support on this board ever. Saturday night and alcohol combo? He's not nothing, but he's not much. I'd personally would only pay a 4th, and that's only in best ball leagues.

12 teams, superflex, ppr

Gave

1.08, 2.02

got

Doctson, Siemian (I have Paxton, so suring up Den QB spot is worth more to me than others)

I think it was pretty fair both ways. Doctson will likely be the best player in the trade, so I'm pretty happy with my side. 
Picks for me

I don't have a lot of faith in Mathews or Parker getting enough target share, perrienial breakout candidate ertz never seems to be as good as we hope, Charles/Mathews are at the end of their career. A couple wr3, back end te1 and a couple old rbs for one of the only non committee backs that broke out as a rookie plus two other young players that have clear paths to playing time, that's how I look at it. I suppose these particular players that are the key pieces im not very high on. Maybe the $1 Howard and a couple nickels doesn't add up to 5 quarters (two of which are old and beat up and may not work in the machine)  but I want the $1 bill. 
I see it as:

Matthews=Williams/Higbee

Parker, Charles, Ertz=Howard

If not TE premium definitely on the Howard side. I like him a lot but I think people are out of control hyping him now. I see him as a late 2nd rounder who people now seem to value as an early 2. I know what he did last year, what his pace was, etc. Williams was in the perfect storm last year. Highly unlikely he ever delivers a season like that again. Higbee has PT on his side but he's just a throw in at this point. 

Like I said it's close to me. I'd probably in a vacuum take Howard I'd push came to shove

Users who are viewing this thread