What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

TheBottomLine said:
PPR Best Ball. 10 teams with deep rosters and full IDP.  Not involved.

Sterling Shepard, KJ Wright 

for 

Cameron Meredith, 2018 1st/2nd/3rd (mid-late)
Pretty close really but it wouldn't be shocking if Meredith scores more than Shephard for the next couple years.  So Meredith and the picks.

TheBottomLine said:
PPR Best Ball. 10 teams with deep rosters and full IDP.  Not involved.

Sterling Shepard, KJ Wright 

for 

Cameron Meredith, 2018 1st/2nd/3rd (mid-late)
Man, I like Shepard but he's not worth Meredith straight up...forget the picks.

Run It Up said:
12 Team, TE Premium PPR, start QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE

Sent Julian Edelman, 2018 1st (mid-late)

Received 1.09, 1.12

Finished 2nd this last year, had the 1.08 and some 3rds, now I have the 1.08+1.09+1.12 and some 3rds.

Current Roster:

QB: M. Stafford, P. Rivers, T. Bridgewater, J. Garoppollo
RB: D. Johnson, M. Ingram, D. Lewis, A. Abdullah, D. Woodhead, S. Vereen, D. Washington(oak)
WR: A. Brown, S. Watkins, S. Diggs, M. Bryant, M. Jones, T. Austin, D. Parker, C. Hogan, D. Funchess
TE: T. Kelce, H. Henry, A. Hooper, L. Green
Any thoughts here, i pulled the trigger but this was real thin to me.

Any thoughts here, i pulled the trigger but this was real thin to me.
I think it's a fair bad trade, not bad but not a homerun either.  Having the 8, 9, 12 picks this year in a TE premium league this year is great but it looks like that is already a strength of your team.  Other than Johnson at RB, I see a lot of question marks as I'm not a big believer in Ingram who lost carries to Hightower last year.  I'm not sure you can get much help at RB at that draft position (Kamara?).  Your WRs "could" be pretty good if any of Diggs, Parker or Bryant come through.

On the other hand I don't think you'll miss Edelman and I doubt you can get more than that for him, especially with Cooks in town.  I would have made the trade all things considered.       

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, thats about where i was at.

It helps knowing that the guy who owns the 3, 4 and 6 is planning to take Mccaffrey, Mixon and Howard, sort of psuedo reach based on current idps. A few guys are gonna be slipping to the 8/9 that normally wouldn't.

Cheers, thats about where i was at.

It helps knowing that the guy who owns the 3, 4 and 6 is planning to take Mccaffrey, Mixon and Howard, sort of psuedo reach based on current idps. A few guys are gonna be slipping to the 8/9 that normally wouldn't.
gonna be totes awkward when one of those guys goes at 1.05

This doesnt make sense. Thats the expected and obvious outcome.
I'm not so sure.  Fournette is obviously #1 but who's #2?  Cook, Davis, Williams, maybe even McCaffrey?  If say Davis goes #2, does "this guy" still pick McCaffrey and Mixon over Cook?  I guess it's tempting to pick OJ this early in a TE premium league.  You have to assume the top 6 are Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Davis, Williams, Mixon plus Howard in this scenario.  That leaves Kamara and Ross as the most likely suspects, with someone like Foreman as a potential pick since you need a RB.

I'm not so sure.  Fournette is obviously #1 but who's #2?  Cook, Davis, Williams, maybe even McCaffrey?  If say Davis goes #2, does "this guy" still pick McCaffrey and Mixon over Cook?  I guess it's tempting to pick OJ this early in a TE premium league.  You have to assume the top 6 are Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Davis, Williams, Mixon plus Howard in this scenario.  That leaves Kamara and Ross as the most likely suspects, with someone like Foreman as a potential pick since you need a RB.
The owner of the 3, 4 and 6 is a potato-tier owner. 

He might take Cook over Mixon if hes there, but I don't think that changes a whole lot for me at the 8.

Side question - which pick in this year's draft is worth a projected mid late first?  Projected early first?  Random first?  

I'd say 1.11 - 2.2 for a projected mid late first in a 12 teamer, 11-16 in 14 teams, and 12-20 in a 16 team league.  The more teams the more likely that pick is to be later so there's no sense in trading a 2017 1.9 to a good projected playoff team for a pick that's likely to be 1.9 or worse next year unless you just hate this class. 

For a random future first I can see giving 1.8-2.2 in a 12 team,  1.10-2.2 in a 14, 1.11-2.2 in a 16. 

For a likely early pick, I don't know what I'd give, but it's not much more than 1.8. There are 6 or 7 guys in this draft I would rather have than hope a 2018 first actually ended up being early and that i get someone better than a Cook or Mixon or Davis or whoever.  

But if 1.8 is a high as I'd go for a likely early first, then 1.9 for a likely late first seems like an over pay.  

Side question - which pick in this year's draft is worth a projected mid late first?  Projected early first?  Random first?  

I'd say 1.11 - 2.2 for a projected mid late first in a 12 teamer, 11-16 in 14 teams, and 12-20 in a 16 team league.  The more teams the more likely that pick is to be later so there's no sense in trading a 2017 1.9 to a good projected playoff team for a pick that's likely to be 1.9 or worse next year unless you just hate this class. 

For a random future first I can see giving 1.8-2.2 in a 12 team,  1.10-2.2 in a 14, 1.11-2.2 in a 16. 

For a likely early pick, I don't know what I'd give, but it's not much more than 1.8. There are 6 or 7 guys in this draft I would rather have than hope a 2018 first actually ended up being early and that i get someone better than a Cook or Mixon or Davis or whoever.  

But if 1.8 is a high as I'd go for a likely early first, then 1.9 for a likely late first seems like an over pay.  
Would probably get more chatter in the dynasty value discussion thread but in general on the bolded, things change fast in fantasy football.  Guys get hurt, guys underperform, etc.  I've gotten a few nice picks in the past out of future 1sts that were discounted because they were from "sure-fire" playoff teams that underperformed next year.

In general on the rest of the question, once we get down to 1.10 or so I'll pretty much always be willing to trade that pick or anything later for a random future 1st without much hesitation.  That's just too easy of a path to great value.

not sure if this helps but in one league I moved 1.6 for 2.6 and a very likely top 4 2018 1st rd pick. I have multiple firsts this year in this one and was looking to move some value to next year. Seems like at least in the ballpark of your gauge

one other thing I'd note when looking at 2018 picks, back when people were talking about this being a historic draft it really was shaping up that way, then however several guys decided to go back to school. So while the 2017 class is still shaping up decently, the 2018 is looking like some decent talent at the top that on paper this far out is at least comparable to 2017, I'd argue better. Not sure if next year is as deep but I'd argue it is at the top

one other thing I'd note when looking at 2018 picks, back when people were talking about this being a historic draft it really was shaping up that way, then however several guys decided to go back to school. So while the 2017 class is still shaping up decently, the 2018 is looking like some decent talent at the top that on paper this far out is at least comparable to 2017, I'd argue better. Not sure if next year is as deep but I'd argue it is at the top
And then in 2018, people will be talking about how much better the 2019 draft will be. And then in 2019....

And then in 2018, people will be talking about how much better the 2019 draft will be. And then in 2019....
Yeah, people have trouble staying in the moment. And as the draft approaches the nit picking ramps up.  The 2017 draft has some very solid players who could end up being top 5 at their position (except probably QB).

Sammy. All he needs is one big healthy year and people will regret selling low. Recency effect is dominating his perception right now.
Sure, or one more injury riddled underperforming year and people will be glad they sold high.  

This is truly a huge year for Watkins in that his value will either rebound in line with perception that most of his owners have or sink to the depths. I'm a seller, as I don't like Buffalo, his injury history, nor the fact that Buffalo is in the sweet spot at 1.10 if they want to grab someone that would suck targets from Watkins (Davis, Williams, Ross, and to a lesser extent Howard).

ETA - I think that trade is very even, but I'd likely roll with the three assets.

I'm not a huge Watkins fan either but I think I'd roll the dice on him at that price.

As far as whether or not he could net more, I would say probably.  In startup value based on ADP that's a 5th, 8th, and 10th round pick for an early 2nd which seems a bit light.

Different league, 12 team te premium ppr. Start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 4x RB/WR/TE.

Sent 1.07, 2.02

Received 1.05

Targettinf Mccaffrey. End up with the 1.05, 1.08, 1.12, 2.04, 2.08 +some later picks.

Different league, 12 team te premium ppr. Start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 4x RB/WR/TE.

Sent 1.07, 2.02

Received 1.05

Targettinf Mccaffrey. End up with the 1.05, 1.08, 1.12, 2.04, 2.08 +some later picks.
Even trade and worth the price to move up with all the picks you have.  The way things are changing, there are no guarantees that McCaffrey will still be there at 5 though.

And then some of the 2018 guys will decide to stay in and then be in the 2019 draft.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

12 Team IDP Dynasty No PPR - standard scoring

Team A traded- Kevin White

Team B traded- J. McKinnon, M. Asiata, Kerwynn Williams, 3.1 and 6.12

if it's any consolation(it's not) Team A owns David Johnson and Latavius Murray 

10 team IDP dynasty -No PPR start 2QB/2RB/4WR/TE

Team A traded- 

Pierre Garçon, Brandon Marshall(receiver), 5.5, 5.7, 5.8

Team B traded- 3.7, 4.8

Team B owned four WO's before this deal: AB, Evans, K Allen, Cooks

That's terrible. 

12 Team IDP Dynasty No PPR - standard scoring

Team A traded- Kevin White

Team B traded- J. McKinnon, M. Asiata, Kerwynn Williams, 3.1 and 6.12

if it's any consolation(it's not) Team A owns David Johnson and Latavius Murray 
Is it balanced IDP scoring? It is non PPR and if balanced then the 3.1 should hold decent value so probably not as bad as people think.

Stupid in as why trade for two 30yo WO's when you have those guys? 

Or Stupid in why trade the two 30yo WO's for nothing? 

Asked owner why he did deal, and said he had no depth behind his four guys(it's true, most teams in league have at least 7-9 WR on the roster, he had 4) and no draft picks other that the ones he traded for BMarsh and Garçon..

Stupid in as why trade for two 30yo WO's when you have those guys? 

Or Stupid in why trade the two 30yo WO's for nothing? 

Asked owner why he did deal, and said he had no depth behind his four guys(it's true, most teams in league have at least 7-9 WR on the roster, he had 4) and no draft picks other that the ones he traded for BMarsh and Garçon..
Stupid as in moving those two just for a mid 3 and mid 4.

10 team IDP dynasty -No PPR start 2QB/2RB/4WR/TE

Team A traded- 

Pierre Garçon, Brandon Marshall(receiver), 5.5, 5.7, 5.8

Team B traded- 3.7, 4.8

Team B owned four WO's before this deal: AB, Evans, K Allen, Cooks
Garcon/Marshall easily.  Garcon may be a WR2 this year as the top WR in SF, he was good last year and still only 30 (that's not old!).  Marshall has a chance to come back even though he truly is "old."  In a start 4 WR league with bye-weeks, injuries and the fact that if you do not make this trade, you are assuming Allen makes it through a complete season.  And what was given up?  Two dart-throw picks that will probably never play. 

Just seen this today not involved. Standard PPR league passing touchdowns 4 points start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1 te, 1 flex

Team A sends 1.01

Team B sends 1.09, Martavius Bryant, 2.12 and a 2018 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread