What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

Dez said:
Last year everyone thought that the top 4 picks were the cream of the crop. Last year this trade might have netted the guy with 1.3 Treadwell meanwhile the guy with 1.9, 2.06 and 2.10 might have landed Michael Thomas at 9 and Howard with one of those 2nds and then what ?

You really just never know.  Thomas went pick 9 or 10 in multiple of my rookie drafts last year.
Talk about using hindsight. It is still a bad trade. Value is value, he could have taken Keith Marshall, Carroo, Michtell and many other with those picks.

Talk about using hindsight. It is still a bad trade. Value is value, he could have taken Keith Marshall, Carroo, Michtell and many other with those picks.
I was the team receiving the 1.03.  I feel it was strong value but a bonus was that I was able to consolidate picks with a fairly packed roster and would not want to drop 3 players for space (now just need to drop 1).

Borden said:
Carlos Hyde and pick 4.04

for

2018 1st and 2018 2nd

Edit: I am not either of these teams.

kutta said:
I think I'd take Hyde, unless the pick was pretty early, I want to give Hyde one more chance in a decent offense with a good coach to see what he can do.
Would need to know pick projects to be able to decide which side of this I'd want but Hyde's issue is health more than coaching or surrounding cast.

jeaton6 said:
If, if, if...Bennett had his chance with Gronk out. What did he put up in a very TE friendly offense when Gronk was out? 22/303/4 in 8 games on a whopping 32 targets. 1 game was 5/114/1. He was much better when he had Gronk opening the field up for him. When he had to be the guy, he didn't deliver. But, but, but..,.he had to stay in and block more..right? 
He had two 100 yard games without Brady and in Brady's first game back he went for 3 TD's in a game he suffered a high ankle sprain. He needed to take a few weeks off but gutted it out but just never was able to move the same the rest of the season. This is a case where just looking at a stat sheet is not telling an accurate story.

12 team PPR TE premium QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gave : Travis Kelce, Ladarius Green, 2.08, 2018 1st (late), 2018 2nd (early)

Team B gave : Thomas Rawls, Eric Ebron, AJ Derby,1.02

I'm actually shocked to see so many Jerrick McKinnon trades, he just isn't good.  He had his chances and failed to impress and beat out Asiata.  He couldn't beat out Asiata... let that sink in for a minute.  I get the sellers point of dumping him and getting what you can, but I don't see how people could be buying.  The Vikings are very likely to draft a RB, they got Lat Murray to handle most of the workload and what I'd imagine 99% of people expect them to draft a rookie to ease them in and possibly take over so why are people buying McKinnon?

yep, and the top picks in last years class were extremely weak outside of 1.01.  The top 10 RB's/WR's/TE's in 2016 were drafted 4/15/21/22/23/35/40/45/47/55.

This year will possibly have 7 players from those positions drafted in the top 15 of the NFL draft. (LF, Cook, McCaffrey, Davis, Williams, Ross, Howard).

This class is WAY deeper at the top than last year.  1.03 in 2017 blows away 1.03 from 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had two 100 yard games without Brady and in Brady's first game back he went for 3 TD's in a game he suffered a high ankle sprain. He needed to take a few weeks off but gutted it out but just never was able to move the same the rest of the season. This is a case where just looking at a stat sheet is not telling an accurate story.
So what's the accurate story? That's he's a top 5 talent and the only thing that hindered him was his injury this past year? The reality is this is team number 5 in 7 years. If he was this great talent and producer then teams would put up with whatever negative energy he might bring to the table for more than a year. However, 2 of last 3 now have been fine with him walking after 1 year. He's delivered one top 5 TE fantasy season in 9 years. 5 as a starter. He's a solid but unspectacular talent at TE. 

I'm actually shocked to see so many Jerrick McKinnon trades, he just isn't good.  He had his chances and failed to impress and beat out Asiata.  He couldn't beat out Asiata... let that sink in for a minute.  I get the sellers point of dumping him and getting what you can, but I don't see how people could be buying.  The Vikings are very likely to draft a RB, they got Lat Murray to handle most of the workload and what I'd imagine 99% of people expect them to draft a rookie to ease them in and possibly take over so why are people buying McKinnon?
I don't get it either

Hankmoody said:
16 team IDP graded PPR - .5 .75 1.25

Team A got Gronkowski

Team B got Kyle Rudolph, 1.08, 1.15
I'm surprised at all the strong Gronkowski preferences.  Is no one accounting for the risk of his injuries, in particular a back?  This isn't my trade I was counseling a Gronkwoski owner that was looking to get out and I thought this was a pretty solid exit price.  It's a hella deep TE draft to take a shot at a successor with 1.08 and 1.15 and Rudolph should be a servicable starter at minimum during all those games Gronkowski misses.  If he's healthy all year then sure it's probably a landslide for Team A but the core question with him now isn't how much he's going to score, it's how much is he going to be available for you?

So what's the accurate story? That's he's a top 5 talent and the only thing that hindered him was his injury this past year? The reality is this is team number 5 in 7 years. If he was this great talent and producer then teams would put up with whatever negative energy he might bring to the table for more than a year. However, 2 of last 3 now have been fine with him walking after 1 year. He's delivered one top 5 TE fantasy season in 9 years. 5 as a starter. He's a solid but unspectacular talent at TE. 
That he was doing well statistically last season until he got hurt his ankle. Everything else is just speculation and hot air.

He averaged 13.9 in PPR (with 28 catches) over the last 5 games in 2016.  He/they seemed to find his niche at that point.....catching balls out of the backfield. 

I spent a 2018 3rd on him before the Latavius signing.......I still like it.

agree on McKinnon but also I haven't seen any trades on here where anyone got real value for him here, just guys like Gillislee or Mitchell who are also gambles on having any value. Mckinnon is in a contract year and is working out with AP this offseason so their is a little hype I guess but I agree with you, he is a great athlete who is never going to make the full transition from QB to RB as he is just missing the vision/instincts, I think he has had his chance.

I'm surprised at all the strong Gronkowski preferences.  Is no one accounting for the risk of his injuries, in particular a back?  This isn't my trade I was counseling a Gronkwoski owner that was looking to get out and I thought this was a pretty solid exit price.  It's a hella deep TE draft to take a shot at a successor with 1.08 and 1.15 and Rudolph should be a servicable starter at minimum during all those games Gronkowski misses.  If he's healthy all year then sure it's probably a landslide for Team A but the core question with him now isn't how much he's going to score, it's how much is he going to be available for you?
I like competitive advantages, and am willing to accept the risk in Gronk to have that advantage when he is in the lineup. When he isn't in the lineup, I can start my TE2. 

12 team PPR TE premium QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gave 1.02, Sanu, Langford

Team B gave 1.11, Snead, Riddick

I'd take the 1.02 by a fair margin. Oh and Team A still holds the 1.01 by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize Rudolph is usually injured as well? So then you are hoping to get someone as good as Gronk, who has been the one of the top 3 fantasy tight ends of all time over his career, at 1.08 or 1.15?

12 Team PPR, Q,R,R,W,W,W,T,F,D

Team A got: Rob Kelley, RB Was; Tyler Lockett, WR, Sea; 2017 Draft Pick 2.09

Team B got: Giovanni Bernard, RB, Cin

barackdhouse said:
12 team PPR TE premium QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gave 1.02, Sanu, Langford

Team B gave 1.11, Snead, Riddick

I'd take the 1.02 by a fair margin. Oh and Team A still holds the 1.01 by the way.
Well then I'd be throwing out offers for the 1.01 ASAP.  That's poor value received in moving down from 1.02.

10 man Dynasty

Gave: Allen Hurns

Got: Brandin Cooks + 2.4 pick (can be used on a Devy player)

how is the pick on the Cooks' side?

What do you mean?

Most people value Cooks more that Hurns.

The guy is a Miami Homer to the core.

He wanted Hurns I made this offer as my starting point and he surprisingly accepted. He's one of the top guys in the league he's always in the hunt for the Championship.

Tex
I was looking back at trades about this time last year and seen this one...while many trades on here are pretty bad I can't imagine this guy is "in the mix" for too many championships when making trades like this.  This isn't even a hindsight is 20/20 situation.  Cooks was a late 1st/early 2nd startup last year and Hurns was maybe a 6th ?  Then you get a pick on top ?  If you guys get a chance take a stroll through last year's trades and you will see some interesting comments from people on how terrible trades were when they went completely the other way or people saying I would never give that for a 1 week wonder like Pryor and now look at Pryor.

14 team, TE premium, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 flex

Gave: David Johnson, 2018 2nd, Tajae Sharpe

Got: Corey Coleman, LeSean McCoy, 2017 1st

This is a pretty big trade, and I can see both sides, but I take Green and Jeffrey here.  No complaints about someone who'd rather snag Julio though.

Give me the McCoy/1st side on this one.  Fairly easily.

Coleman side by a lot
A year later would you guys still rather have Coleman/McCoy side "by a lot"

Non-ppr Zealots IDP

Gave:
Adams, Davante GBP WR
Posluszny, Paul JAC LB

Got:
Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR

Drank the Kool Aid I guess. Poz is nearly done and Adams isn't good. Rolled the dice plus I'm going to have to whittle down to 53 guys from 60 somehow.
Adams looks pretty good last year.  Last year Sharpe was all the rage and no one wanted Adams (including me).

PPR

Coates and Wheaton

For

John Brown
Ouch this one hurts.  Here is a brutal mistake trade by me last year.  I was offered a future 1st in 2017 for Coates, Wheaton and my future 2nd and I passed on that and decided to take John Brown instead.  Well that 1st would been 1.02 this year and my 2nd was 2.08..........sigh

A year later would you guys still rather have Coleman/McCoy side "by a lot"
With David Johnson emerging as an elite RB1, that side looks strong.  And he's a lot younger than McCoy, but McCoy was a pretty good producer last year.  Coleman getting hurt is what make this one look worse than it might have been, but that isnt the sort of thing to factor into a trade "in advance" since Coleman didnt have any history of injury that would be concerning.

Assuming Coleman bounces back to approach expectation, and depending how high that 2017 1st is, I cann see the long term of this deal still favoring that side.  It was, even at the time, a "stud for multiple good pieces" deal, as well as an attempt to deal current value for future production.  Certainly the 2016 outcome wasn't as good as expected, but there's still hope for this one long-term.  I'd say the jury is out.

Going back a year, and knowing only what I knew then, I'd still make the trade.

Parker......sucking....Ajayi awful...where is the guy who said Ajayi would been the 2nd best back in this draft ?  

I am 1-4 and the guy I traded with is 4-1 right now.

Guess this trade wasn't so awful was it ?  

Sometimes people over value "current value" (I am one of them).  So the trades I make look "good" at the time but more often than not I have been on the wrong side of the trade a year later.

Bush league move Muto.  You know better than most anything can happen down the road but value is judged the moment the trade is made.  If you buy a house valued at 200k for 400k you made a terrible purchase.  If you later strike oil in the backyard and become a millionaire the purchase was still a horrible one, you just got lucky after the fact.

The trade was awful when it was made.  Someone would have given more for that for Parker at the time, and another 50% for Ajayi minimum.  Or are you going to come back here in a couple of years and tell us how bad those picks busted and apologize that yes, it was indeed a bad trade since the guys picked sucked?
Michael Thomas was pick 10 what a bust!!!!!!!!!!!

How was it a bush move to call out what was happening at the time it was happening ?  People are so quick to call out trades are awful when half the time they go the other way.  People never remember this ever either.  I do though.  I traded the #1 overall pick for Cruz in this same league in 2013 and I was told how awful that was to get Cruz for "just one pick"....one pick aka #1 overall isn't just one pick.  Also one guy said he was going to quit the league if I ever made another trade like that......yep Cruz was fantastic since that deal........not.  Also the guy who traded me Cruz turned around and traded that #1 pick for Antonio Brown, 1.07, future 2015 1st and 3rd.  That future 2015 1st ended up pick 2 ala Gurley.  I am guessing I would have rather had Brown, Gurley and whoever else over Cruz.  

Ajayi at least turned it around after looking like he was going to be nothing when the team sat him at home week 1.  Parker on the other hand looks like who knows.  Michael Thomas meanwhile the guy I would have taken at pick 10 of course is now a late 1st round startup pick.  Doctson went 6th I would have grabbed him there as well unsure of his future but I would have rather had Thomas and Doctson over Ajayi and Parker.

Certainly not the horrible trade most of you made it out to be at the time (6/10 for Parker, Ajayi) and my team sucked last year missed the playoffs anyway and the other guy on this board who makes tons of trades in this league in the same league barely lost the championship for the 2nd year (the guy who is always critical of all my trades in this league even though hardly any of them have worked out since 2013 like when I traded for Trent Richardson and got him "cheap" lol.

Anyway had to get that off my chest.  Moving on.

12 team non PPR:

A gives Sammie Coates

B gives DeVante Adams and a top three 3rd round pick in 2017

Both players will serve as depth and spot-starters.

Coates.  Adams is awful, this was a good sell on Adams here IMO.
Classic example of what I was talking about.  No one wants Coates over Adams now but at the time this deemed "awful"...well it was but awful in the other direction.

12 Team PPR, Q,R,R,W,W,W,T,F,D

Team A got: Rob Kelley, RB Was; Tyler Lockett, WR, Sea; 2017 Draft Pick 2.09

Team B got: Giovanni Bernard, RB, Cin
Give me the pieces.  I wouldn't deal for gio before the nfl draft - Cincinnati is expected to take a running back in the first couple rounds and he'll probably become cheaper whether he's less valuable or not.  But this feels like close to full price even if Cincinnati stands pat with Hill and Bernard.  

Anybody see any Mike Evans trades go down in their leagues recently?
12 Team PPR

Team A got Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Breshad Perriman, Donte Moncrief and 2018 1st

Team B got Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Kenny Stills and Ameer Abdullah

Users who are viewing this thread