What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

With 1.02 on the clock...

I traded Baldwin and my 2018 1st for the pick and took Fournette.

It was an over pay by me but I wasn't getting anything for Baldwin other than low ball offers and my 2018 should be on the back end. 
Overpay lol. Next I'll be hearing about your "buyers remorse".

It was an over pay by me but I wasn't getting anything for Baldwin other than low ball offers and my 2018 should be on the back end. 
That's not an overpay unless your 2018 pick is top 3.  Even then it's still pretty even.

I think that's about right. Baldwin is definitely going lower than Fournette in startups. The 2018 1st, especially if it's late, is worth the price to pay. 

Why is that an overpay?

That's not an overpay unless your 2018 pick is top 3.  Even then it's still pretty even.

I think that's about right. Baldwin is definitely going lower than Fournette in startups. The 2018 1st, especially if it's late, is worth the price to pay. 
I don't know if you guys mean it this way but thanks for the support. WRs are difficult to come by in this league so they are overvalued and difficult to acquire. That said...

He sent me the offer while the pick was OTC and I just happened to see the offer pop up in my email. I took less than a 30 seconds between me seeing the offer, accepting and drafting Fournette. I'm pretty happy.

I don't know if you guys mean it this way but thanks for the support. WRs are difficult to come by in this league so they are overvalued and difficult to acquire. That said...

He sent me the offer while the pick was OTC and I just happened to see the offer pop up in my email. I took less than a 30 seconds between me seeing the offer, accepting and drafting Fournette. I'm pretty happy.
Yeah you did just fine. Sure fournette carries some risk and Baldwin is established as a consistent wr2, but that's a bit under what most people would take for fournette (or Davis/mixon/cmc). 

Getting Fournette for that you fleeced him.

I can't remember a deal posted on here where the side getting the best piece wasn't the CLEAR winner, and I am the type of owner that has no problem dealing a stud for multiple pieces. 

Maybe there recent one with Antonio Brown.

I can't remember a deal posted on here where the side getting the best piece wasn't the CLEAR winner, and I am the type of owner that has no problem dealing a stud for multiple pieces. 

Maybe there recent one with Antonio Brown.
I think it's because there are a lot of vanilla trades. We all tend to post the ones that stand out. I am winding down 4 rookie drafts that started a few days ago. I've personally made probably a dozen deals and witnessed a couple dozen more so far. But only like 3 or 4 maybe that are perhaps head scratchers. The Bell for 1.10 1.11 and Doctson above for example.

Borden said:

Unbelievable (a la unfair) value on Baldwin. Fournette huge. 

Borden said:

Tell me you didn't type that with a straight face?

JuJu may or may not have a good career, I have my doubts.  One thing I do know is that JuJu is 3rd at best  WR option in Pittsburgh.  Brown and Bryant should own most of the receiving in Pittsburgh in the short term, or at least until (if) Bryant gets caught with a blunt.  If Bryant has cleaned up his act it will be very difficult for JuJu to be fantasy relevant in the next few years.  I agree getting the 1st is a good thing in that trade.
Plus Bell (much more than a normal RB) and Eli Rogers will see a good share of targets as well; plus Green (if he is healthy) or James

EBF said:
You might be right, but Pittsburgh doesn't really have a "chain mover" type anywhere on their team. JuJu can fill that role right away if given the chance. I see him doing most of his damage on short routes over the middle that let him catch and run with the ball.

Also, you can't assume that Bryant is going to be in the lineup. He has serious issues.
Antonio Brown doesn't move the chains?

Snorkelson said:
I wouldn't call it an "overpay" necessarily but Baldwin is by far the most under-rated WR in the league. Back to back top 10 seasons and people act like he's a low end WR2 at best.

Davante Adams is in the final year of his contract, it's not guaranteed that Aaron Rodgers will be his QB in 2018 or after...

Last edited by a moderator:
Davante Adams is in the final year of his contract, it's not guaranteed that Aaron Rodgers will be his QB in 2018 or after...
Why do people keep bringing this up like it's a bad thing? Any other player we would be talking about how contract year is going to make him play big. GB is going to want to keep him. I find it far more likely that they cut Cobb and pay Adams. He'll be keeping Rodgers company

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
Why do people keep bringing this up like it's a bad thing? Any other player we would be talking about how contract year is going to make him play big. GB is going to want to keep him. I find it far more likely that they cut Cobb and pay Adams. He'll be keeping Rodgers company
Valuing him like its a guarantee he stays in GB is a mistake.

That said, i think he stays

Valuing him like its a guarantee he stays in GB is a mistake.

That said, i think he stays
Not saying it's a guarantee but people are already writing him off as gone and I feel that is a mistake. The guy made a huge leap in his growth last year and could take another step in the coming year. I just think there is an opportunity for saavy owners to get their hands on a player who may be the new #1 in GB in a year. He burned people bad last year and they are taking it personally.

Not saying it's a guarantee but people are already writing him off as gone and I feel that is a mistake. The guy made a huge leap in his growth last year and could take another step in the coming year. I just think there is an opportunity for saavy owners to get their hands on a player who may be the new #1 in GB in a year. He burned people bad last year and they are taking it personally.
Wut

He's literally saying the same thing you are.  What's the issue here?

Rodgers has made a bunch of average WR's look good.  It all depends on how much Adams is going to cost.

If he wants to be paid like a top 10 NFL WR the Packers should let him walk after this season.

Not one person has written him off as "gone".

However, I think a lot of people view it as 50-50, which I think is a mistake.  I think it is much more likely than 50-50 that he stays.

Recent Trade in Zealots PPR league

Team A gives Stefon Diggs/Pick 1.7/pick 3.05 (Perine was taken at 1.7 and Haason Reddick at 3.5)

Team B gave pick 1.02 (McCaffrey taken at 1.2)

In the middle of an FFPC 12 team rookie draft:

Traded - Tyreek Hill,  pick 2.11

Received - 2018 1st (should be early), pick 4.01.

Been trying to rebuild this team. I like this deal alot.

Rodgers has made a bunch of average WR's look good.  It all depends on how much Adams is going to cost.

If he wants to be paid like a top 10 NFL WR the Packers should let him walk after this season.
Green Bay spent a second round pick on Adams - they probably don't see him as an "average WR" that only looks good with Rodgers.

Not one person has written him off as "gone".

However, I think a lot of people view it as 50-50, which I think is a mistake.  I think it is much more likely than 50-50 that he stays.
2 pages ago we got a guy calling Juju and Adams a wash and some heated debate following there. I'm just trying to say that people could do far worse than a guy who finished a WR1, especially when it seems like his value doesn't match his performance.

Wut

He's literally saying the same thing you are.  What's the issue here?
He was just the last person to comment on Adams when I piped in

Zealots Field league; non-PPR

Traded 1.10/2.07/4.10

Received 1.05 (when it was OTC and I took Mixon)/3.05/Jacoby Brissett

Relatively surprised to get this one as I feel 1.05 & 3.05 is a goodly amount better than 1.10 & 2.07 and 4.10 for Brissett is about a wash.  I just feel there is a sizable tier break right after 1.06.

Traded 1.10/2.07/4.10

Relatively surprised to get this one as I feel 1.05 & 3.05 is a goodly amount better than 1.10 & 2.07 and 4.10 for Brissett is about a wash.  I just feel there is a sizable tier break right after 1.06.
Yep that's robbery.

I'm new to dynasty this year, and am following this thread for guidance, but just wondering how to best go about valuing rookie draft picks going forward. I know there are various draft calculator sites but what does the Shark Pool recommend as a starting point for reference?

Traded 1.10/2.07/4.10

This is bad any year.  Wow

FFPC was able to deal picks 8 and 20 for pick 5.

Tough to give up a 2nd round pick in a good draft class to move up 3 spots but needed a RB.

DFWC

Gave up 10, 12, 14, Prosise, Hooper

for

Hilton and future 1st of the defending champ so expected to be 9-12

FFPC was able to deal picks 8 and 20 for pick 5.

Tough to give up a 2nd round pick in a good draft class to move up 3 spots but needed a RB.
The only tough thing should have been getting the other guy to click the accept button.  That's extremely cheap to move up to 5 this year.  I wouldn't sweat the pick you gave up at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borden said:

Who went 1.01? Davis I presume?

DFWC

Gave up 10, 12, 14, Prosise, Hooper

for

Hilton and future 1st of the defending champ so expected to be 9-12
I might lean towards the picks here. Hilton is good, but that's a lot of lottery picks to try to hit gooder.

Users who are viewing this thread