What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

I got Guice as clear cut #2 player from this rookie draft, love young RB's and in general rarely  don't pay for older WR's. All that and on my teams I have Guice if I got this offer I'd have to ponder it a few hours either way, would be hard to say no to on those teams, most of which could use a little WR assistance. Be hard to say no to because I'd realize the value is on my side and this likely helps me win now because this is a second and third round player for a 4th round player in redraft.
It would help you win "now" this year, "now" in 2019, and "now" in 2020.  

Guice would have to be quite good now and for a rather long stretch to make it a trade you would regret.

Things change fast in fantasy football though.  Last year Hunt and Kamara were 2nd round picks in a lot of rookie drafts this time of year and now they are being taken in the 1st round of startups ahead of many guys that you would have easily traded them for last year.  Maybe Guice does that and becomes a 1st round startup next year or maybe he flops and loses value.  No one knows that is the beauty of dynasty everyone has their own way to build a team thus the reason these trades can happen.

It would help you win "now" this year, "now" in 2019, and "now" in 2020.  

Guice would have to be quite good now and for a rather long stretch to make it a trade you would regret.
This is wrong on both counts.

It "might" help you win this year. The chances of that beyond this year go down. One down year or injury to either and value starts to really tank, let alone production.  There are no guarantees that this deal helps you win when you otherwise wouldn't when you are dealing with 30 yo WRs. Recent examples of DT, Dez, Jordy (all very talented and very productive... until they weren't).  Assuming both guys give you 14-15 PPG for the next 3 years is a bet I'll take against every day.

As for Guice, that's also misguided. He doesn't have to be quite good for a long stretch to be a trade you regret. In fact, he only needs to be good for a few games to regret it. See Kareem Hunt last year. Or Dalvin Cook, who even suffered a bad injury and his value is still retained. Or Mixon, who did almost nothing and still has huge value. Or Kamara who exploded. 

And yes, I know there's no guarantee he turns into any of those guys, but the idea that he has to be good for a long time to be worth it simply isn't true.

If you can find a WR on the wire to give you 11-12 PPG, then you can likely succeed with Guice even being mediocre as a rookie if he shows anything at all.  Guys like Robby Anderson or Chris Hogan or M. Sanu can give you that.  The days of AJG or Baldwin scoring 18+ are very likely over (both at 14 last year). They are no longer difference makers.

Far more ways to hurt your team when you invest in depreciating assets like 30 year old WRs, especially before the season, than help it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy Moss was thought to be no longer a difference maker at age 30 coming off a terrible year in 2006 with Oakland then traded to NE for a measly 4th round pick.  He kinda was a difference maker for the next 3 years to the tune of record 23 TD's, 98 catches and 1493 yards in 2007.

We're not actually saying Green is washed up, are we?  
Before he got injured in week 10 of 2016 he was the #2WR with a 20.85 PPG average. I don't think or saw anything in his game which makes me think he suddenly declined in a year, just a bad year for the offense. So no. In fact despite his subpar season last year I've long thought his style of play, which I'd describe as finesse in nature, was ideally suited to age well.

This is wrong on both counts.

It "might" help you win this year. The chances of that beyond this year go down. One down year or injury to either and value starts to really tank, let alone production.  There are no guarantees that this deal helps you win when you otherwise wouldn't when you are dealing with 30 yo WRs. Recent examples of DT, Dez, Jordy (all very talented and very productive... until they weren't).  Assuming both guys give you 14-15 PPG for the next 3 years is a bet I'll take against every day.

As for Guice, that's also misguided. He doesn't have to be quite good for a long stretch to be a trade you regret. In fact, he only needs to be good for a few games to regret it. See Kareem Hunt last year. Or Dalvin Cook, who even suffered a bad injury and his value is still retained. Or Mixon, who did almost nothing and still has huge value. Or Kamara who exploded. 

And yes, I know there's no guarantee he turns into any of those guys, but the idea that he has to be good for a long time to be worth it simply isn't true.

If you can find a WR on the wire to give you 11-12 PPG, then you can likely succeed with Guice even being mediocre as a rookie if he shows anything at all.  Guys like Robby Anderson or Chris Hogan or M. Sanu can give you that.  The days of AJG or Baldwin scoring 18+ are very likely over (both at 14 last year). They are no longer difference makers.

Far more ways to hurt your team when you invest in depreciating assets like 30 year old WRs, especially before the season, than help it. 
And Guice might suck right out the gate and be worth a 2nd rounder next year.  Lot of ifs being tossed around, but not many about this awesome rookie who everyone thought was the clear #2 RB in the draft fall way way past that.

How many good WRs you see being picked up off the WW in 16 team league and/or deeper roster leagues? 2-3 a year?  You betting on landing all of them?

And Guice might suck right out the gate and be worth a 2nd rounder next year.  Lot of ifs being tossed around, but not many about this awesome rookie who everyone thought was the clear #2 RB in the draft fall way way past that.
If you are talking about #2 RB in terms of NFL draft sure he fell but really don't care. In terms of dynasty as far as I'm concerned he was not the clear cut #2 RB, he still is.

Dr. Dan said:
Another: Brandin Cooks for a 2019 1st (6-12), 3rd, Godwin. 12 team PPR
Would hope you could get a little more for cooks- but perhaps you can’t. Bet his value varies league to league quite a bit. 

Would hope you could get a little more for cooks- but perhaps you can’t. Bet his value varies league to league quite a bit. 
I agree. It's a tough trading market for him. Cooks is 24, first 3 seasons of 1000 yards. Only Evans, Moss, and AJ Green did that. Ridley turns 24 this season, has done nothing in the NFL, and was a late 1st. 

I would easily prefer the side getting the #1 and Godwin.
If it were a higher 1 I'd be more stoked. Godwin I do like though... I think he could have a coming out party this year. I think it comes down to whether you like Cooks or not. I've seen him ranked as low as 35ish for some posters. Limited route tree. Just a pair of legs. Lots of criticism. 

Jeffery should have been enough. In rebuild mode, I keep those picks or try to move 3.01 for a 2019 2nd. I think he should have been the one throwing in a pick. 
While I agree, it wasn't happening and after another year I'd be lucky to get a fourth for him. Guy's got zero value in this league. 

While I agree, it wasn't happening and after another year I'd be lucky to get a fourth for him. Guy's got zero value in this league. 
Fair enough, value varies person to person and league to league for sure. Get it while you can- although perhaps an injury makes a team willing to pay a little more later on, it’s certainly no guarantee  and Williams could get his shot this year. 

12tm dynasty ppr qb/2rb/3wr/te/k/dt

Gave: Jeffrey, 3.1

Received: Mike Williams

In rebuild mode, so why not?
Love the trade for a rebuild team.  Jeffrey is very blah.  Would rather gamble on Williams returning from injury and panning out.

Low risk trade for you.  It's not like you're gonna  miss Jeffrey that much.  

Same in my league Jeffrey seems difficult to trade. Contending teams don't want him unless they need depth or WR3 help and rebuilding teams are scared away because injury history and creeping towards 30?
was able to get Dion Lewis and a mid 2nd for Jeffery and a 3rd (probably high) traded for my 3rd back today in a trade I probably would have done without the 3rd 

12 team PPR TE Premium

Team A gives Fournette, Funchess, Golladay

Team B gives Julio, Josh Gordon, Crowell
I like fournette here. and i dont like fournette at all in dynasty. but I hold the opinion Gordon will mess up and be done, along with Crowell is a throw away in this deal. so Julio for fournette and Golladay... pretty awesome 

12 team PPR TE Premium

unless Funchess has converted to TE then I take Julio and Flash by a mile.  I'm also a big believer in Gordon long term.  I'm not a big Fournette fan, Funchess is ok and I like Golladay enough but that's 2 WR1's for the next 3 years for 1 RB1 and iffy flex or bye week fillers.  

Bunch of recent deals in one of my leagues

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr 10 team league

Team X got:  Rico Gathers

Team Y got:  3.03

Team O got:  Josh Gordon, 2020 1st (probably late, they're always a decent to top team)

Team P got:  Melvin Gordon

Team J got:  Julio Jones and CJ Anderson

Team K got:  Robert Woods and Fournette

Team J got:  Lamar Miller and Bilal Powell

Team A got:  1.06

12 team PPR TE Premium

Interesting...I like the Fournette side...Fournette is a stud RB who has huge upside...always a great acquisition getting that...Golladay is very intriguing and Funchess is a solid depth WR...one of those guys that you don't get excited about in the off-season but are thankful to have in week 11 when you have injuries piling up...I have owned Julio a few times in the past and it never lived up to the hype for me...Gordon is someone I want no part of...his big season was 2013 so I would have zero regrets if he blew up after dealing him...Crowell is a bench RB who isn't a bad throw-in but I don't see him ever getting to the next level... 

Team O got:  Josh Gordon, 2020 1st (probably late, they're always a decent to top team)

Team Y - basically a free 3rd

Team O and P - no winner. I want no part in Josh Gordon. Melvin will have another year or two of top play then he will break down imo. so it's a 1st in 2 years for a RB for 2 years. maybe I'd take the pick here just to stay young. but I think it's fair. 

Team K - Julio is fairly overrated it seems. Woods is quite good and Fournette is a top rb even though he has rubber bands holding his ankle together

team A by a mile

Miller and Powell for 1.6 makes me cringe...

More

PPR NON-IDP 

It's a rebuild of a orphaned team that's pretty bad

1) Gave: Marshawn Lynch

Got: 2019 3rd

2) Gave: Thielen/Javorious Allen

Got: Kerryon Johnson/Luke Willson

3) Gave: Spencer Ware

Got: 2019 4th

4) Gave: Tyler Eifert

Got: 2019 3rd

More for this project...

5) Gave: Sony Michel/2019 1st

Got: Kareem Hunt
And the beat goes on...

6) Gave: Anthony Miller, two 2nds, 4th

Got: AJ Green

I had three 2nds next year and...what good are those? Sure this is a rebuild but you rebuild with good players and Green is still in his prime for the next 3-5 years. 

And the beat goes on...

I had three 2nds next year and...what good are those? Sure this is a rebuild but you rebuild with good players and Green is still in his prime for the next 3-5 years. 
I'm not a big AJ green fan and I love Miller, but this is a great deal for Green. you came out way ahead

And the beat goes on...

I would not sell AJ for that. Good job!

I had dangled the player/three picks idea to a few teams. I figured someone would value the quantity of picks. I still have a second, three thirds and two fourths next year.

I think the previous owner was a hoarder.

And the beat goes on...

Give me Miller and the picks. Green is a depreciating asset, incapable of staying healthy or carrying a below-average offense. 

And the beat goes on...

You won every one of these, this last one in particular. Miller went in the early 2nd round of all my drafts, at best he went as a late 1st in others. You'd have to add a lot more than 2 random 2nds for me to trade Green for Miller (and I own both of them in one of my leagues.)

I can see that. But people are really extrapolating to think that the Bears are going to show marked improvement this year.
I think the Bears will improve quite a bit. And I like Miller a lot. But unless Allen Robinson flops, I don't see the targets there anytime soon.  And no way I move Green that cheap.  I agree he still has 3-5 elite years left.  There is a chance Miller becomes *the guy*, though.  

I can see that. But people are really extrapolating to think that the Bears are going to show marked improvement this year.
I think the long term outlook for the Bears is very positive. I wonder if people are expecting a Goff-like improvement in Trubisky, which I'm not sure I agree with. They will have their lumps with the new system installed. I do think Miller is going to be fantastic at some point, maybe year 2. Robinson has had one productive year and is coming off a really bad injury. Who knows what he will be like. Again, I think you got Green crazy cheap. He has at least 3 years of elite status left. And by then you'll have the next hot 2nd round WR

Rookie draft day trade:

Gave:

1.09 (Kerryon)

2019 2nd (likely to be late)

Got:

AJ Green (2yr contract) 
How long are rookie contracts? Are you able to extend AJ Green after 2 years? 

I think this is also getting Green cheap. I am 50/50 on Kerryon. There are people who really like him and some do not. Riddick isn't going anywhere for a while, so you're looking at another 1-2 down guy until Riddick leaves or is hurt. I am not sure I trust the Lions to use any RB effectively. 

If this were regular dynasty I would love the Green side. Since it's a 2 year contract and I'm not sure if you can extend him, I'm a little torn, but it sounds like you have a solid team if you're predicting a late 2019 pick for yourself. Green will do a lot to keep you going for the title the next 2 years. 

How long are rookie contracts? Are you able to extend AJ Green after 2 years? 

I think this is also getting Green cheap. I am 50/50 on Kerryon. There are people who really like him and some do not. Riddick isn't going anywhere for a while, so you're looking at another 1-2 down guy until Riddick leaves or is hurt. I am not sure I trust the Lions to use any RB effectively. 

If this were regular dynasty I would love the Green side. Since it's a 2 year contract and I'm not sure if you can extend him, I'm a little torn, but it sounds like you have a solid team if you're predicting a late 2019 pick for yourself. Green will do a lot to keep you going for the title the next 2 years. 
Rookie contracts are 5yrs ...

Once AJG contract expires I will have RFA  rights to match any offer at auction, so yes I could extend him if I chose to do so.

Defending champ with a core of:

Russ/Wentz

Gurley/Gordon/CMC

Hopkins/Julio/AJG

Kelce/Burton

Barring injury, that 2019 2nd will be closer to an early 3rd. 

Users who are viewing this thread