What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

Are you in any 1.5 PPR for TE leagues?
That's not enough to take Engram in the 2nd round.  There is too much risk taking a TE in the 2nd round, even in TE premium leagues.  Personally I wouldn't consider him until the 4th round, even in 1.5 PPR for TEs.   Just like QBs, never take one early.  Except I would take a QB early in 2 QB leagues, but I would never play in a 2 QB league.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not enough to take Engram in the 2nd round.  There is too much risk taking a TE in the 2nd round, even in TE premium leagues.  Personally I wouldn't consider him until the 4th round, even in 1.5 PPR for TEs.   Just like QBs, never take one early.  Except I would take a QB early in 2 QB leagues, but I would never play in a 2 QB league.
I don’t understand the “never take a TE early” crowd. I get it with QB because there are a LOT of QB’s that you can find in the later rounds that will still get you decent points each week. TE’s are different. There are some super elite TE’s that are obviously way ahead of the pack, and with 1.5 ppr, their value is even more amplified. So why wouldn’t you take one of them early?

...but didn’t answer my question. Do you play in any 1.5 PPR for TE leagues?

Elite TEs can win you a season in 1.5 PPR leagues like FFPC. The reason is two-fold.

--They can score as well as top WR and RB

--Due to scarcity, they offer a huge advantage against other teams.

In our leagues where we own Gronk and Kelce, they carried our teams almost single handedly to the playoffs. We feel Engram is the next one to possibly do that.

Elite TEs can win you a season in 1.5 PPR leagues like FFPC. The reason is two-fold.

In our leagues where we own Gronk and Kelce, they carried our teams almost single handedly to the playoffs. We feel Engram is the next one to possibly do that.
Agree with the importance of TE in FFPC (I usually roster 4 or 5, even if I have a stud).

But will Engram be the next big one? I have my doubts, but can’t really say why.

To answer my own earlier question: Hill >>> Engram > Diggs

I don’t understand the “never take a TE early” crowd. I get it with QB because there are a LOT of QB’s that you can find in the later rounds that will still get you decent points each week. TE’s are different. There are some super elite TE’s that are obviously way ahead of the pack, and with 1.5 ppr, their value is even more amplified. So why wouldn’t you take one of them early?
I believe there is more risk with TEs than selecting a stud WR or RB in rd 2.   I simply believe a stud WR or RB carries less risk than a stud TE most of the time.

In almost every FFPC startup there is at least one TE drafted in the 2nd round, often two.

Again, I am lower on Engram than most personally, but there are a lot of people who put him above Gronk and some even Kelce due to age so I'm not particularly surprised when he goes late 2nd/early 3rd.

Yeah I thought this was going to be Ebron when he came out and I've been staring at him on my bench ever since. 

As an exercise, how do you all rank Engram vs. Tyreek/Diggs (both going late second) in TE premium leagues?
I base my dynasty rankings on something very close to FFPC format.  I have Engram a tier ahead of both Tyreek and Diggs, and Engram is my TE1 for dynasty purposes.  I'm just using my one league that had a startup as an example.  Kelce and Ertz both went in the 2nd, Engram and Gronk went back to back in the 4th, me being the one grabbing Engram before Gronk.  Pretty sure that's an outlier ADP but there is roughly 15 players I'd take before Engram, then I'd have no problem drafting him in that type of format.  

Yeah I thought this was going to be Ebron when he came out and I've been staring at him on my bench ever since. 
Except for Engram’s value is tied to an amazing rookie year. Ebron had 25-250-1 in his rookie year. Engram had 64-722-6 in his rookie year. Bit of a difference..

Except for Engram’s value is tied to an amazing rookie year. Ebron had 25-250-1 in his rookie year. Engram had 64-722-6 in his rookie year. Bit of a difference..
Meant as a rookie, but your point stands. 

I'm easily affected by the games I watch, and I the only Giants I watch are when they play my Redskins. I remember hearing all the Engram hype and seeing his stat sheet piling up leading up to the Skins game. Skins always get torched by TEs. I was worried. Then he dropped every ball thrown at his hands. I laughed at him a lot that day. So I admittedly have bias on him now.

Happens to me in the reverse too. Kendall Wright looked like a beast against the Skins a few years ago and I went after him too hard. 

I'd like to see your Browns team projections. Seems like you have Gordon, Njoku and Landry all getting 1,000+ recieving yards (ok, 2,000 for Gordon) while Chubb rushes for 1,5000. Oh and you probably have Duke with a combined 1,200 in there too. 
Browns gonna be catching a lot of passes, will be a golden PPR team. Landry I dont think will have many yds or TDs, but a lot of catches. Gordon and Njoku should be TD hogs...

The backfield, no idea... Next season it's Chubb for sure, 250-300 carries. This season, no idea.

Browns gonna be catching a lot of passes, will be a golden PPR team. Landry I dont think will have many yds or TDs, but a lot of catches. Gordon and Njoku should be TD hogs...

The backfield, no idea... Next season it's Chubb for sure, 250-300 carries. This season, no idea.
It was a rhetorical question.

I'd like to see your Browns team projections. Seems like you have Gordon, Njoku and Landry all getting 1,000+ recieving yards (ok, 2,000 for Gordon) while Chubb rushes for 1,5000. Oh and you probably have Duke with a combined 1,200 in there too. 
browns are going to the superbowl. 16-0. records be damned

kutta said:
Additionally, the fact that TEs go earlier, in general, means that other skill positions get pushed back a bit. So being "punished" by going early at TE, is not as dire as some might make it out to be. If I take Gronk or Kelce early (usually Gronk), I love taking RBs and WRs a little later when others are reaching for the middle tier TEs. And to me that middle tier has about a dozen names, maybe more. 

12 team ppr

Team A got 2019 1st (was runner up in 2017), 2019 1st (8-12)

Team B got: 2019 1st (likely top 2 or 3) 2019 2nd (top 2 or 3), Peyton Barber

Last edited by a moderator:
Two more trades:

14t PPR

Team A received McCaffrey and Corey Davis

Team B received David Johnson

16t PPR 

Team A received Amari Cooper

Team B received Jerick McKinnon and 2019 2nd (early)

12 team ppr

Team A got 2019 1st (was runner up in 2017), 2019 1st (8-12)

Team B got: 2019 1st (likely top 2 or 3) 2019 2nd (top 2 or 3), Peyton Barber
I suppose team A is projecting those picks differently because otherwise this trade would make zero sense.

I suppose team A is projecting those picks differently because otherwise this trade would make zero sense.
glad to hear it. that's what I thought. Team A is in a very tough division and is the worst team in that division. Fortunately he thinks his team is going to win it all. I am Team B and in a rebuilding mode. 

Traded 1.10/2.10/3.12 for 2019 1/2/3/4. Guy has a decent team but will struggle if he gets injuries. If nothing else it kicked some roster space down the road. 
I've got way too many picks for 2019 (9, and only a projected 6 roster spaces). Good problem to have I guess. I have one offer for Mahomes that I'm hoping is enough to land him and pretty much set me up very well long run, otherwise I will just hold and look to do something like you did on draft day. Worst case scenario I can try to package them to move up. 

Dynasty Superflex and TE premium with Devys - start 9 total 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE

Team A got: Alex Collins, Josh Gordon and Eric Ebron

Team B got: James White, AJ Brown (WR Mississippi) and Zach Ertz

Dynasty Superflex and TE premium with Devys - start 9 total 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE

According to WalterFootball AJ Brown is the #1 WR prospect for the 2019 class. Since this is a lower RB year, I will assume this would equate to a top 3 1st round pick, also assuming that Brown doesn't give up his top 1-2 ranking. In that case, I would prefer Team B

Collins I've given my opinion on. I'm 50/50 but I'm leaning toward staying away from that scenario. He's a RB2 at best 
Gordon is dominating the Monday news, and not in a good way, maybe. But he's a ticking time bomb
Ebron is just a TE2

James White is usable in PPR but this isn't PPR so he's the Ebron of this side of the deal
AJ Brown see above, possible future stud
Ertz is the #1 dynasty TE IMO

Yeah I'd take ertz alone over what team A got and I'm not really a fan of Collins but wouldn't avoid him either so I'd take team B easily

TheBottomLine said:
I jumped the gun on posting this.  Ended up getting Fitz, 2019 1st, and Lamar Jackson for Thielen.  
Like it a lot for you. In 10 teamers it’s even more about getting studs, and Lamar has that potential. 

14 team PPR IDP

Team A: Brandin Cooks, 2019 5th

Team B: Trey Burton, 2019 1st, 2020 1st

Hard to say where the picks will be. I’d guess somewhere between 1.06-1.12, in that range. 

14 team PPR IDP

Hard to say where the picks will be. I’d guess somewhere between 1.06-1.12, in that range. 
Give me the two firsts and an upside player over the guy who might be locked up in a bad fantasy spot for the next 5 years, although i admire the shrewd negotiation skills required to get a 2019 fifth back too. 

14 team PPR IDP

Burton and the two #1's in a big way...not sure what the new Cooks owner thinks he is getting but I got a feeling he is going to be disappointed...

Users who are viewing this thread