What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

Fair enough. I’m not sure what the GB QB situation looks like long term & I have 3 star table TEs this year & 5 next (when Uzomah & Ertz are back) 

last night it was TEBC, with 3 tight ends getting work, and not Tonyan catching the TD. 

But you're entitled to your opinion. 
I don't think anything any of these folks have said about your trade were out of line.  Here is why... your valuation of Tonyan changed because you have a stable of TE's, but that never means you should accept less than value for the player.  That is what people are stating to you.  The previous guy you jumped all over said, "Samuel was a free agent in his league and Tonyan was not" - he would gladly take Tonyan for Samuel.  That is a trade evaluation.

Due to the limited amount of "great" TE's (not saying Tonyan is great) - TE production is at a premium.  At one point during the season, Tonyan provided GREAT production, which should increase his ceiling some.  Partner the situation he is in (limited amount of WR production outside of Adams) and the couple games he went off - some people would not want another WR for a potentially lucrative TE setup.  

You having a slew of TE's, doesn't necessarily change the value of another TE.  Not trying to troll or make you feel a certain way, but can absolutely see valid points from those criticizing your trade...  If you believe Tonyan will not be the recipient of a starting job in a few years, while GB drafts a new TE - that is your perogative.  I have yet to see GB spend any draft capital on ANY starting offensive skill players recently and doubt they will look to fill a viable option at TE - meaning a good couple years from Tonyan.  I will gladly eat my own * * * * if I am wrong though.

12tm ppr

Team A: CEH, Diontae Johnson, JuJu, Greenlaw

Team B: Kamara, Boyd, Marquise Brown
Team B for now, but I am shocked to see the number of teams willing to DUMP - Clyde Edwards-Helaire in his rookie year.  

Kamara is just on another level right now and Boyd has been producing well.  

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Dynasty PPR, superflex

I gave: Tonyan

i rec’d: Curtis Samuel

I picked up Tonyan for $10/500 FAAB

Team getting him just lost Kittle, had 3 other hurt TEs.

I’ve got too many TEs, so kinda psyched to get Samuel so affordaby. 
I'll put my 2 cents in here....I think you got too touchy on the reply from the other dude and he was giving his honest valuation which is fair when you post on here.  He wasn't trolling you so I wouldn't take it to heart but I feel you are both correct. 

Tonyan cost you nothing, was never going to play for you, he doesn't really hold much trade value (got traded for a 4th in my league), and you value Samuel higher.  I'm not really high on him only because of CMC coming back, Teddy likes Anderson, and Moore might be a little more talented but I totally understand the argument in the other direction & Curtis has versatile talent but TEs are harder to come by and he has scored some TDs but GB doesn't use the TE much at all.

I think it was a decent trade for you, with your roster makeup, if you like Samuel.  I think a lot of teams would view it differently and would be right to do so as well.  Worked out for both parties so good trade that doesn't move the needle a ton.

14 team .. No PPR

Gave: Lock, Akers, Deejay Dallas, very late 2nd Round Pick

Got: Goff, Mike Williams

Need to free up a roster spot to get CMC of IR. Have 5 RBs ahead of Akers.

Last edited by a moderator:
What am I missing here? Seems very lopsided. 

A gave up Cooper, Amari DAL WR; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick 

B gave up Lockett, Tyler SEA WR; Year 2021 Round 4 Draft Pick

BearsFan4Life said:
14 team .. No PPR

Gave: Lock, Akers, Deejay Dallas, very late 2nd Round Pick

Got: Goff, Mike Williams

Need to free up a roster spot to get CMC of IR. Have 5 RBs ahead of Akers.
Oof, you must be really thin at WR. I think you should have tried to hold onto your 2nd.

Oof, you must be really thin at WR. I think you should have tried to hold onto your 2nd.
I still have another 2nd Rounder. I just needed to free up a spot for CMC is all. My team is deep. 7-1 and tied for first. Start 5 flex basically. If you start 2 or 3 RB you have to start a TE.

QB: Mahomes, Goff, KAllen

RB: CMC, Henry, Mixon, Conner, Hunt, MDavis, Bernard, Snell

WR: Nuk, Godwin, DJMoore, Sutton, MWilliams

TE: Kelce, Goedart

I still have another 2nd Rounder. I just needed to free up a spot for CMC is all. My team is deep. 7-1 and tied for first. Start 5 flex basically. If you start 2 or 3 RB you have to start a TE.

QB: Mahomes, Goff, KAllen

RB: CMC, Henry, Mixon, Conner, Hunt, MDavis, Bernard, Snell

WR: Nuk, Godwin, DJMoore, Sutton, MWilliams

TE: Kelce, Goedart
I think it could be argued Lock = Goff but lets say you love Goff. Lock + 2nd for Goff and then two young prospects (one with good draft capital) on 2 run heavy offenses for Mike.

But sometimes you just can't find a partner, just saying in a vacuum it looks pretty iffy. 

What am I missing here? Seems very lopsided. 

A gave up Cooper, Amari DAL WR; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick 

B gave up Lockett, Tyler SEA WR; Year 2021 Round 4 Draft Pick
I like Team B's side (the side getting Cooper and the first) and think it's sort of a no-brainer with the Round 1 pick. Is this a win-now situation for Team A? If so, I guess I can see it. But I'd have to squint really hard.

TVT 0 N S T A said:
I don't think anything any of these folks have said about your trade were out of line.  Here is why... your valuation of Tonyan changed because you have a stable of TE's, but that never means you should accept less than value for the player.  That is what people are stating to you.  The previous guy you jumped all over said, "Samuel was a free agent in his league and Tonyan was not" - he would gladly take Tonyan for Samuel.  That is a trade evaluation.

Due to the limited amount of "great" TE's (not saying Tonyan is great) - TE production is at a premium.  At one point during the season, Tonyan provided GREAT production, which should increase his ceiling some.  Partner the situation he is in (limited amount of WR production outside of Adams) and the couple games he went off - some people would not want another WR for a potentially lucrative TE setup.  

You having a slew of TE's, doesn't necessarily change the value of another TE.  Not trying to troll or make you feel a certain way, but can absolutely see valid points from those criticizing your trade...  If you believe Tonyan will not be the recipient of a starting job in a few years, while GB drafts a new TE - that is your perogative.  I have yet to see GB spend any draft capital on ANY starting offensive skill players recently and doubt they will look to fill a viable option at TE - meaning a good couple years from Tonyan.  I will gladly eat my own * * * * if I am wrong though.
I only took issue with one person who was unnecessarily rude in expressing their opinion about the deal. Smugly telling someone X player was a FA in their league is both irrelevant and insulting. I found it unnecessary and said as much. 

I took no issue with anything anyone else said.

As for Tonyan’s value and whether I sold him light, I realize having a glut of TEs doesn’t devalue them.

I also realize that no other team needed a TE. There’s TGonz, and then there’s a slew of 2-3 tier guys. Then there’s inconsistent players like Tonyan. 

Also relevant is that I put Tonyan on the block 3 weeks ago and had no takers until team Kittle reached out.

I had a choice of 4-5 guys. I happen to like Samuel. He’s 24, he’s talented & I expect he’ll have a starting job somewhere in the future. I was happy to acquire that for a player who won’t see the field for me since he’s my TE3, soon to be TE5. 

It didn’t seem like I needed to squeeze every penny of value since I got a player I liked. And honestly I think all y’all are overvaluing Tonyan. He’s a default target because Lizard has been out and MVS has been awful. And even then he’s been up & down. Last night in a game where it seemed like ARod threw 5,000 yards and 37 TDs, Tonyan somehow had a weak performance, and a TE did catch a TD...just not him. 

So yeah - like I said, you’re entitled to your opinion about the deal. We can discuss & respectfully disagree. 

But we can be polite & civilized when we do so.  :hifive:

Jonesin For Some Football said:
I'll put my 2 cents in here....I think you got too touchy on the reply from the other dude and he was giving his honest valuation which is fair when you post on here.  He wasn't trolling you so I wouldn't take it to heart but I feel you are both correct. 

didn’t care for the crack about Samuel being a FA. Called it like I saw it. It was irrelevant and came off as an insult. As though I was stupid to deal for a player who’s a FA in his league. 

I believe I reacted appropriately to that. . 

Tonyan cost you nothing, was never going to play for you, he doesn't really hold much trade value (got traded for a 4th in my league), and you value Samuel higher.  I'm not really high on him only because of CMC coming back, Teddy likes Anderson, and Moore might be a little more talented but I totally understand the argument in the other direction & Curtis has versatile talent but TEs are harder to come by and he has scored some TDs but GB doesn't use the TE much at all.

I think it was a decent trade for you, with your roster makeup, if you like Samuel.  I think a lot of teams would view it differently and would be right to do so as well.  Worked out for both parties so good trade that doesn't move the needle a ton.
Exactly. This wasn’t a blockbuster. We swapped mediocre players. 

people talking up Tonyan like he’s the next elite TE sound a little bit delusional to me, but again, each to their own. 

Jonesin For Some Football said:
This is Kelce by a huge margin.  Cooper/Engram are bench fodder at this point unless you are hurting at TE.
This is a dynasty league, keep in mind.  Kelce is I think 5/6 years older than Engram.  Cooper is a WR1/2 with Dak. 

rebuilding team A trades away Travis Kelce

likely playoff bound team B trades away Amari Cooper and Evan Engram
I get it, but would favor Kelce and be looking for a different package to let him go. Engram's value has completely tanked. Cooper's has as well with Dak out but mostly Lamb being drafted.

This is a dynasty league, keep in mind.  Kelce is I think 5/6 years older than Engram.  Cooper is a WR1/2 with Dak. 
Except Dak is hurt and when (if) he returns to form, Cooper could be gone.  Too many variables for me to give up Kelce.

12 Team PPR   ... nothing major

I gave ATL RB Brian Hill

I got KC WR Mercole Hardman
Great deal if KC continues to use Hardman as they did in the last game. But, just when I think that will happen, Robinson or Watkins puts up numbers and Hardman does next to nothing.  Hill is worth the risk that things have changed in KC imo.

didn’t care for the crack about Samuel being a FA. Called it like I saw it. It was irrelevant and came off as an insult. As though I was stupid to deal for a player who’s a FA in his league. 

I believe I reacted appropriately to that. .
No. You didn't. You got sore over an honest assessment of your trades and took it out on the guy, and now you're trying to justify it. It's pertinent that the guy is on the wire, for sure. There was nothing nasty about his post.

This criticism is what we're here for. Don't post if you don't want it. I've gotten some criticism against my deals and I protested the substantive arguments even if the tone was off, which it really hasn't been.

No. You didn't. You got sore over an honest assessment of your trades and took it out on the guy, and now you're trying to justify it. It's pertinent that the guy is on the wire, for sure. There was nothing nasty about his post.
He wasn't on the wire in my league. So how is it pertinent to my trade in my league? It's not. It's just a snarky response that I find unecessary. 

This criticism is what we're here for. Don't post if you don't want it. I've gotten some criticism against my deals and I protested the substantive arguments even if the tone was off, which it really hasn't been.
I've received plenty of criticism. So long as it comes respectfully I am fine with it. This one didn't, and it wasn't subtle. And his follow-up response was proof of his initial intentions. 

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.
All good. I genuinely do not care other than believing one can post criticism constructively.  If the person didn't like my trade, then they could have said as much rather than the implication that I was stupid for dealing for someone who's on their WW. That makes no sense in the context of my trade, because my league, scoring & roster sizes are not the same as his league, scoring or roster sizes. Who cares who's on who's WW? Tonyan is on the WW in several leagues as well. Doesn't make either of them worthless.

Also, no need to apologize. It was good for a chuckle. 

All good. I genuinely do not care other than believing one can post criticism constructively.  If the person didn't like my trade, then they could have said as much rather than the implication that I was stupid for dealing for someone who's on their WW. That makes no sense in the context of my trade, because my league, scoring & roster sizes are not the same as his league, scoring or roster sizes. Who cares who's on who's WW? Tonyan is on the WW in several leagues as well. Doesn't make either of them worthless.

Also, no need to apologize. It was good for a chuckle. 
Multiple posters are coming in here to say you are in the wrong and again and again you decide to say I implied you were stupid.  

What really happened was you overreacted and were out of line.  You keep digging in to your position calling me a troll and trying to say i I was overly critical.  That is not reality.  I avoided responding, but you keep responding about me that I was not responding in a constructive way.  If multiple posters were to tell me I reacted wrong I would retract and apologize, not dig in and keep defending a position that is wrong.  

and again you decide to say I implied you were stupid.  
Because that’s the only thing one could possibly infer from your “he was a FA in my league” crack since it was otherwise irrelevant.. Along with your subsequent “you mad bro” type response it became more obvious. 

Maybe just admit that was an unnecessary jab that didn’t contribute to the topic. 

Or don’t. I really don’t care. Have a nice day. 

FFPC, not involved

Both teams competing

Give Mahomes, Marvin Jones

Get Goff, Michael Thomas
Man. That’s a tricky one.

Face value give me Mahomes side. Geoff has been maddeningly inconsistent this year. Michael Thomas is a mystery until I see him come back and play as a WR1. His value shouldn’t be high enough to get Mahomes. 

that said, if the side getting Thomas/Geoff has a legit QB1 and won’t be starting Geoff, it makes more sense. Still lean Mahomes side but I could understand why they’d do it to get Thomas. 

Man. That’s a tricky one.

Face value give me Mahomes side. Geoff has been maddeningly inconsistent this year. Michael Thomas is a mystery until I see him come back and play as a WR1. His value shouldn’t be high enough to get Mahomes. 

that said, if the side getting Thomas/Geoff has a legit QB1 and won’t be starting Geoff, it makes more sense. Still lean Mahomes side but I could understand why they’d do it to get Thomas. 

Get Goff, Michael Thomas

Post trade rosters:

Rostered: 20
IR: 0    
Teddy Bridgewater (CAR) 
Patrick Mahomes (KC)
Matthew Stafford (DET)
Leonard Fournette (TB)
James Conner (PIT)
Melvin Gordon (DEN)
David Johnson (HOU)
Derrick Henry (TEN)
Tyreek Hill (KC)
DeAndre Hopkins (ARI)
Marvin Jones (DET)
Tim Patrick (DEN)
Greg Ward (PHI)
Diontae Johnson (PIT)
Greg Olsen (SEA)
Rob Gronkowski (TB)
Eric Ebron (PIT)
Justin Tucker (BAL)
Ryan Succop (TB)
SF Team Defense (SF)

Rostered: 19
IR: 3    
Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Jared Goff (LAR)
Cam Newton (NE)
Le'Veon Bell (KC)
Malcolm Brown (LAR)
Saquon Barkley (NYG) IR
Phillip Lindsay (DEN)
David Montgomery (CHI)
Darius Slayton (NYG)
Damiere Byrd (NE)
Curtis Samuel (CAR)
Jarvis Landry (CLE)
Michael Thomas (NO)
Tyler Boyd (CIN)
Julian Edelman (NE) IR
Golden Tate (NYG)
Keelan Cole (JAC)
Travis Kelce (KC)
George Kittle (SF) IR
Ross Dwelley (SF)
Ka'imi Fairbairn (HOU)
KC Team Defense (K

Get Goff, Michael Thomas

Post trade rosters:

Rostered: 20
IR: 0    
Teddy Bridgewater (CAR) 
Patrick Mahomes (KC)
Matthew Stafford (DET)
Leonard Fournette (TB)
James Conner (PIT)
Melvin Gordon (DEN)
David Johnson (HOU)
Derrick Henry (TEN)
Tyreek Hill (KC)
DeAndre Hopkins (ARI)
Marvin Jones (DET)
Tim Patrick (DEN)
Greg Ward (PHI)
Diontae Johnson (PIT)
Greg Olsen (SEA)
Rob Gronkowski (TB)
Eric Ebron (PIT)
Justin Tucker (BAL)
Ryan Succop (TB)
SF Team Defense (SF)

Rostered: 19
IR: 3    
Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Jared Goff (LAR)
Cam Newton (NE)
Le'Veon Bell (KC)
Malcolm Brown (LAR)
Saquon Barkley (NYG) IR
Phillip Lindsay (DEN)
David Montgomery (CHI)
Darius Slayton (NYG)
Damiere Byrd (NE)
Curtis Samuel (CAR)
Jarvis Landry (CLE)
Michael Thomas (NO)
Tyler Boyd (CIN)
Julian Edelman (NE) IR
Golden Tate (NYG)
Keelan Cole (JAC)
Travis Kelce (KC)
George Kittle (SF) IR
Ross Dwelley (SF)
Ka'imi Fairbairn (HOU)
KC Team Defense (K

Not sure rb/wr/flex requirements, but looking at rosters I'd say the team getting Mahomes made a very smart deal. I would not having given up Mahomes if I had Team B's roster. That's a good corp playing for next year. I'd have moved Kelce to a contender for a top wr instead and gone into 2021 with potentially qb1, rb1 te1 and a top 5-10 wr.

Because that’s the only thing one could possibly infer from your “he was a FA in my league” crack since it was otherwise irrelevant.. Along with your subsequent “you mad bro” type response it became more obvious. 

Maybe just admit that was an unnecessary jab that didn’t contribute to the topic. 

Or don’t. I really don’t care. Have a nice day. 
Dude, let it go.  His comments didn’t at all come across as “a jab” and in the grand scheme of things are nothing to get worked up about.  

Not sure rb/wr/flex requirements, but looking at rosters I'd say the team getting Mahomes made a very smart deal. I would not having given up Mahomes if I had Team B's roster. That's a good corp playing for next year. I'd have moved Kelce to a contender for a top wr instead and gone into 2021 with potentially qb1, rb1 te1 and a top 5-10 wr.
I agree with this. Big Ben doesn’t have a whole lot of longevity & Mahomes is arguably the #1 dynasty asset. Thomas is a get, but that’s a steep price. 

I guess Samuel shouldn’t be on anyone’s FA list is the real takeaway here. 💡 

Tonyan: 1.3 points (woulda been on my bench)

Curtis Samuel: 26.8 points (in my active flex position) 

My deal is looking pretty solid so far, but hey, what do I know?  :shrug:

I guess Samuel shouldn’t be on anyone’s FA list is the real takeaway here. 💡 

Tonyan: 1.3 points (woulda been on my bench)

Curtis Samuel: 26.8 points (in my active flex position) 

My deal is looking pretty solid so far, but hey, what do I know?  :shrug:
I wish I traded Tonyan and didn't start him this week! My biggest problem with Tonyan has to do with Rodgers not being a big fan of the TE. Now that Adams is back I doubt you will see him as a reliable weekly option and I would much rather have Samuel both in dynasty and redraft leagues. I plan on having Tonyan ride my bench with very little chance of starting.

I wish I traded Tonyan and didn't start him this week! My biggest problem with Tonyan has to do with Rodgers not being a big fan of the TE. Now that Adams is back I doubt you will see him as a reliable weekly option and I would much rather have Samuel both in dynasty and redraft leagues. I plan on having Tonyan ride my bench with very little chance of starting.
I agree. He wasn’t that consistent with Adam’s out, and now they’ve got Lazard coming back as well. That all went into my consideration. I could have dealt Gronk or Evan Engram for Parker, but a 27 year old with a rookie QB...I just felt like Samuel was a better bet, especially given his recent production.

Some in the value topic thought I shoulda gone for Parker, but most of my receivers are 27-28 and I wanted to get a little younger. 

I have a very hard time seeing the Panthers going away from Samuel as productive as he’s been. 

12 Team PPR Superflex:

Team A gets: Keenan Allen

Team B gets: Tee Higgins, 2021 1st
Love them both ... 

but yea, big win for team B

Higgins is an obvious stud, with a QB that’s willing to get the ball to him. 

yes, sure.. Herbert is also going to be great, along with Allen. 

the 1st round pick sends over to the B team easily 

Yeah, I'm Team B and I'm rebuilding. It'll be a late 2021 1st, but I was surprised Team A accepted immediately. Thought I was asking too much.

Had a Higgins trade a few weeks ago. Right after Dalton's decapitation

Superflex PPR

Team A (borderline playoff team, not currently looking good) gets: Matt Ryan, James Robinson, Tee Higgins, DiNucci, Team B's 2021 5th

Team B (rebuilding) gets: Dak, Team A's 2021 1st and 2nd

Users who are viewing this thread