What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

12tm 2QB 2TE

Christian Kirk, 2.01, 2.05, 3.09, 22 1st (mid-late)

FOR

Ryan Fitzpatrick, D'Andre Swift
Give me the Swift and Fitzpatrick side in 2 QB leagues. I think that Swift is really the centerpiece here, and he's worth the 2.01, 2.05, and 22 1st. The 3.09 is a prayer, and Kirk is WR3 if you squint hard.

For which side? Since I have to ask, this can’t be worse than the Metcalf deal. 
Considering the multiple likes I think it’s easy IMO to see this is hugely weighted to the Swift side. Fitz is worth pretty close to the 2.05 in 2QB. The 3.09 and Kirk are nothing but fliers and hardly carry any weight. For example, Kirk’s startup ADP is the 14th round on 1 source I checked.

So that leaves the 2.01 and a future 1st for Swift. Likely depends which ADP source you check, but Swift goes before Metcalf according to DLF by a few spots. If you were forced would you rather have the 1.06 and 2.10 in exchange for a slightly lessor valued Metcalf then an equivalent 1.10ish in 1QB and future late 1st in a much worse rookie class for a slightly more valuable Swift?

Obviously some of that will come down to personal preference Metcalf vs Swift and 1.06+ 2.10ish vs 1.10ish & future late 1st. Both are equally bad trades but the 6 will get you one of Pitts, Waddle, Smith, Williams, etc. to try to replace Metcalf.

Edit: I missed the 16 teamer for Metcalf. That pushes it towards the Metcalf trade being quite a bit worse actually so I adjusted the value on the 2.06 to 2.10 in a 12 team league. Swift trade is still bad though.

Last edited by a moderator:
By not being as in love with Swift as the general consensus.
That doesn’t have much to do with “value” though.

I can see some people not being as high on Swift, despite how good he looked last season, I suppose, but that package wasn’t very attractive and Fitzpatrick has value in a 2QB league.

Give me the Swift and Fitzpatrick side in 2 QB leagues. I think that Swift is really the centerpiece here, and he's worth the 2.01, 2.05, and 22 1st. The 3.09 is a prayer, and Kirk is WR3 if you squint hard.
Also, it is a 2 QB league so while Fitz is 100 years old he still has legit value in that format...once the season starts if there are a few injuries you could be in position where another owner may have to vastly over-pay for him just to survive yet in this deal he is treated like a throw-in...horrible use of that asset.

Buckna said:
Considering the multiple likes I think it’s easy IMO to see this is hugely weighted to the Swift side. Fitz is worth pretty close to the 2.05 in 2QB. The 3.09 and Kirk are nothing but fliers and hardly carry any weight. For example, Kirk’s startup ADP is the 14th round on 1 source I checked.

So that leaves the 2.01 and a future 1st for Swift. Likely depends which ADP source you check, but Swift goes before Metcalf according to DLF by a few spots. If you were forced would you rather have the 1.06 and 2.10 in exchange for a slightly lessor valued Metcalf then an equivalent 1.10ish in 1QB and future late 1st in a much worse rookie class for a slightly more valuable Swift?

Obviously some of that will come down to personal preference Metcalf vs Swift and 1.06+ 2.10ish vs 1.10ish & future late 1st. Both are equally bad trades but the 6 will get you one of Pitts, Waddle, Smith, Williams, etc. to try to replace Metcalf.

Edit: I missed the 16 teamer for Metcalf. That pushes it towards the Metcalf trade being quite a bit worse actually so I adjusted the value on the 2.06 to 2.10 in a 12 team league. Swift trade is still bad though.
This being a 12 team 2QB 2TE league is very important to the context. RBs are deeply devalued here. I agree that Fitz = 2.05 and the 3rd/Kirk are scraps nothingburgers. So it comes down to 2.01 + 2022 1st for Swift. Roughly two firsts for Swift in a league that devalues RBs is pretty dang close to consensus value. Would I take it? Depends on my roster construction.

Should a guy take the 16 team DK Metcalf trade under any circumstances or roster construction? Absolutely not. 

Therefore the Swift deal is better, because there are rosters it makes sense for. In the Metcalf deal, it never makes sense for any roster anywhere. 

I don't think anybody is paying 2.05 for Fitz in 2QB or SF. Unless it is part of a package and that is what this is. But I feel like a not insignificant portion of the 2.05 remainder must be said to go towards getting Swift. 

I think it is a screaming deal but yeah the DK trade is much worse.

For context on the Swift-Fitz for picks/Kirk deal....

Team getting Swift-Fitz had 2 starting QBs but dart throws at best otherwise at the position, can start 4 RBs weekly and Swift joins 2-3 other NFL starters and some choice backups. They are a contending team (1st, 2nd and just missed playoffs over the past 3 seasons)

The team giving Swift-Fitz is a complete rebuild with Swift-Jeudy and maybe 1-2 other possible 'build around' players overall. They also don't have their own '21 1st (1.01) or '22 1st (likely early). So they sold Swift to recoup picks I would imagine and Fitz is a must sell, but maybe not now to optimize the return.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

Junno Smith

for

2022 1st and 2nd round picks (team finished 8th last year top 6 make playoffs)

12 team PPR that will switch to Superflex in 2022

Gave:  1.01, 1.02

Got:  Cook, Diggs, 2.08

I normally love having a really young team, but with my current roster I couldn't pass it up

L Jackson, M Stafford, R Tannehill

S Barkley, D Cook, J Taylor, C Akers, J Mixon

S Diggs, C Godwin, DJ Moore, K Golladay, C Sutton, Juju, J Reagor, L Shenault, P Campbell, G Davis

TJ Hockenson, D Goedert, L Thomas, Gronk

2.01, 2.02, 2.04, 2.08, 3.02, 3.06

DFWC

CMC, Burrow

for

1.02, 2022 1st, Herbert and Curtis Samuel
I'll take the picks, Herbert and Samuel.   Both CMC and Burrow coming off injury plagued seasons and as great as CMC has been, injuries can take their toll at the position.  Maybe I'd prefer CMC in win-now mode but, for the long haul, I'll take the picks.

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

Junno Smith

for

2022 1st and 2nd round picks (team finished 8th last year top 6 make playoffs)
Bizarre... we are talking about the same Jonnu Smith who, along with Hunter Henry, and a questionable QB situation, is now a Patriot?

Is the guy a homer or just that desperate in an above average league size and a scoring system that favors TE?  Assuming he's picking 7th this year, I would have tried to see if the 2022 1st could move me up in the draft.

For context on the Swift-Fitz for picks/Kirk deal....

Team getting Swift-Fitz had 2 starting QBs but dart throws at best otherwise at the position, can start 4 RBs weekly and Swift joins 2-3 other NFL starters and some choice backups. They are a contending team (1st, 2nd and just missed playoffs over the past 3 seasons)

The team giving Swift-Fitz is a complete rebuild with Swift-Jeudy and maybe 1-2 other possible 'build around' players overall. They also don't have their own '21 1st (1.01) or '22 1st (likely early). So they sold Swift to recoup picks I would imagine and Fitz is a must sell, but maybe not now to optimize the return.
Appears to be a series of bad decisions compounded by another bad decision.

Some different evaluations of Swift out there and I'm not sure what he'll amount to... but I wouldn't move one of my possible "build around players" for numerous 2nd+ round or lower picks.

I Realize Ekeler's appeal in PPR formats but I'll take the upside over the proven here with Dillon, Reagor and the 1st pretty easily for me.
I was going to disagree and then thought better of it. The only thing I think might make the deal a little even is that I think Dillon is truly buried barring injury, and I don't think he'll ever be a receiving back. And I'm not high on Reagor. But throw in the first round-pick and if one of Dillon, Reagor, or the first hits, I like that side. What's Ekeler, 26? He's right on the cusp.

12 team PPR that will switch to Superflex in 2022

Gave:  1.01, 1.02

Got:  Cook, Diggs, 2.08

I normally love having a really young team, but with my current roster I couldn't pass it up

L Jackson, M Stafford, R Tannehill

S Barkley, D Cook, J Taylor, C Akers, J Mixon

S Diggs, C Godwin, DJ Moore, K Golladay, C Sutton, Juju, J Reagor, L Shenault, P Campbell, G Davis

TJ Hockenson, D Goedert, L Thomas, Gronk

2.01, 2.02, 2.04, 2.08, 3.02, 3.06
I’ll take Cook and Diggs pretty easily. Heck, it might take both those picks for me to give up just Cook.

Bizarre... we are talking about the same Jonnu Smith who, along with Hunter Henry, and a questionable QB situation, is now a Patriot?

Is the guy a homer or just that desperate in an above average league size and a scoring system that favors TE?  Assuming he's picking 7th this year, I would have tried to see if the 2022 1st could move me up in the draft.
Probably more desperate for a TE not a homer but maybe he really likes what Smith did last year to start the year.

Users who are viewing this thread