What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

Exactly just how proven are Sanders and Moore?
I think they have proven(with their play) that they are not busts and both have a good potential to be top twelve players at their positions. And that is something we do not know yet about those rookies. You might get two top 3 guys though with picks. You might. You might also get a bust. 

I have seen so many high fantasy picks bust over the years. I love making trades like this for youngish star players to leaguemates with rookie fever.
I've likewise seen so many guys like Sanders/DJM puddle around for a few years before dropping into nothingness. 

Not that there are any guarantees but Sanders is one of my top bust picks this year as a guy like Fournette/Conner/Mixon/Kerryon/Mack/Ajayi that does juuuuust enough to string people along for a few years and make people think they have a safe floor before the bottom drops out. 

Not involved:

Team A got: Mike Davis, Clyde Edwards-Helare, Jarvis Landry, Mike WIlliams and 2.16

Team B got: Justin Jefferson and 1.02

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest....yea bad. 

however to note - It is a TE Premium league at 1.5 PPR (.5 for RB and 1 ppr for WR - TE's are not mandatory start just as a WR/TE flex) so Team B will likely get Pitts as the 1,01 is desperate for a RB and will most likely take Harris. 

**Edit** Fantasy Police done been called! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not involved:

Team A got: Mike Davis, Clyde Edwards-Helare, Jarvis Landry, Mike WIlliams and 2.16

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest its not so bad. 

however to note - It is a TE Premium league at 1.5 PPR (.5 for RB and 1 ppr for WR - TE's are not mandatory start just as a WR/TE flex) so Team B will likely get Pitts as the 1,01 is desperate for a RB and will most likely take Harris. 
Not sure why the Jefferson side would even entertain that. Jefferson worth the 1.01 IMO...so 1.01 and 1.02 (at the height of rookie fever) for that seems pretty far off.

Not involved:

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest its not so bad. 

That's awful

Not involved:

Jefferson for the rest is really bad

Not involved:

What a horrific trade...for just Jefferson it is bad but the fact the 1.2 is involved means the Fantasy police should be called to the scene of this crime...I wouldn't make this deal just for the 1.2...this truly is one of the "dumbest" deals I have ever seen.

What a horrific trade...for just Jefferson it is bad but the fact the 1.2 is involved means the Fantasy police should be called to the scene of this crime...I wouldn't make this deal just for the 1.2...this truly is one of the "dumbest" deals I have ever seen.
I’m picturing the guy thinking “Let me ask for the 1.2 just to see if I can settle for the 3.02”. 😆

Not involved:

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest....yea bad. 

That’s so bad it’s got to be collusion. 

I look at it the other way...it's so bad it can't be collusion.
I did ask the question as to why and I get the impression the Team A owner simply didn't value Jefferson that much (WTH!) as he just had gotten Tyreek Hill in a different deal and was absolutely in love with CEH. Neither team know each other outside of the league and are in complete different parts of the country. 

None of that makes it any more palatable but I think its more of an owner who doesn't quite understand dynasty player values and got all wide eyed with his favorite player dangling rather than collusion. 

had gotten Tyreek Hill in a different deal and was absolutely in love with CEH. 
Definitely could have pulled the trade off with just 1.02 and, if anything, future pick in 2nd or 3rd.  In a bubble, none of those guys, Helaire included, helps make the team any better than 1 02 and Jefferson do.  Even in a win-now environment... give me JJ and one of the big 3 RBs over the mess of unmentionables he got in return.  This is how dynasty teams get ran into the ground.  

I did ask the question as to why and I get the impression the Team A owner simply didn't value Jefferson that much (WTH!) as he just had gotten Tyreek Hill in a different deal and was absolutely in love with CEH. Neither team know each other outside of the league and are in complete different parts of the country. 

None of that makes it any more palatable but I think its more of an owner who doesn't quite understand dynasty player values and got all wide eyed with his favorite player dangling rather than collusion. 
My guess is it is an owner who knows names more than actual value...guys like Landry and Williams have a lot of name value but not much value in Dynasty.

12 Team 0.5 PPR (took over full rebuild)  1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-3 TE

Gave up Ten WR AJ Brown & 2.10 

Received Clev RB N Chubb, NEP RB D Harris & 2.05 

Roster still needs QB & TE help, but improving things, I also have the 1.01 on the block.... 

Carr / Chubb, D Harris, Lindsay, Hyde / Agholor, B Edwards, Hardman, Lockett, Parker, Pittman

That is a rough team to take over.  I don't really have a problem with this trade even though I might lean slightly the other way jsut because I don't trust Pats RBs at all.  If you could have got a decent RB from another team or a WR prospect I'd like it better.  Or a late 1st instead of 2.5.  Not terrible but feels a little light for Brown.  However, I do like Chubb and that is a good piece but RBs have short shelf lives so he might be done by the time you are ready to compete.
I shopped AJ Brown around and was in negotiations up until this was accepted  (Sanders & TJ Hock and 2022 2nd).  Chubb >> Sanders but I see both as varying RBBC roles.  I was targeting his CEH and a Top 8 pick, but he countered with Chubb & Damien Harris.  And I actually like Harris with Sony's 5th year not picked up.  I think he is undervalued.  

And yeah, this team was a trainwreck!  I imagine previous owner had thrown in the towel early (I saw a total of 5 WW moves all season and ZERO trade offers).  I can only imagine what life threw at them...  

I think they have proven(with their play) that they are not busts and both have a good potential to be top twelve players at their positions. And that is something we do not know yet about those rookies. You might get two top 3 guys though with picks. You might. You might also get a bust. 
Busts is always possible but 1.01 is a lot safer than most.  I'd much prefer getting someone with top 1-3 upside like Harris or Chase than someone with top 12 upside like Sanders/Moore.

Not involved:

This is terrible.  The Jefferson owner could have kept 1.2 and this may have been fair.  I would hate to see this in my league.

Another deal....  12 Team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB  (TE 1.0 PPR - I JUST LEARNED THIS!! )

I gave up 1.01 and 2.05 

I received Phi RB Miles Sanders & Det TE TJ Hockenson 

:unsure: I would not have done this. 
Care to elaborate why?  I would appreciate the insight.

I just do not have faith in Pitt OL and was not comfortable with Najee at 1.01 

I was thinking TE Pitts was a possible move but I figured TJ was a quality TE and Sanders filled the gap IMO. 

I was thinking TE Pitts was a possible move but I figured TJ was a quality TE and Sanders filled the gap IMO. 
Then take Chase. Or Pitts. Or even Etienne. Williams too. I think they're all better options than Sanders. 

Sanders' long term future is quite tenuous. And I don't think Hockenson makes the leap in production people are projecting. 

I think, In general, people worry way too much about the TE position. Most people are in the same boat. Make up the points differential with the other positions.

The reason I would not have done it was that 1.01 usually keeps increasing in value as you near the draft as people read articles and get excited for the shiny new toy.  Sanders is nowhere near a 1.01 value in most people's eyes as he is a solid RB but not a difference maker.  

I generally don't value draft picks as much as others because I think it is a crap shoot for most picks but the 1.01 is a bit different.  It's still a crapshoot but the perceived value by most dynasty owners is usually huge.  I just think you left value on the table with that move.  

Definitely could have pulled the trade off with just 1.02 and, if anything, future pick in 2nd or 3rd.  In a bubble, none of those guys, Helaire included, helps make the team any better than 1 02 and Jefferson do.  Even in a win-now environment... give me JJ and one of the big 3 RBs over the mess of unmentionables he got in return.  This is how dynasty teams get ran into the ground.  
People are so fickle - CEH was the 1.01 in most leagues last season. I'm not saying this is a good trade (it's horrible) but CEH could surely outperform the 1.02 or Jefferson in Year 2 with a presummedly bigger role.

The reason I would not have done it was that 1.01 usually keeps increasing in value as you near the draft as people read articles and get excited for the shiny new toy.  Sanders is nowhere near a 1.01 value in most people's eyes as he is a solid RB but not a difference maker.  

I generally don't value draft picks as much as others because I think it is a crap shoot for most picks but the 1.01 is a bit different.  It's still a crapshoot but the perceived value by most dynasty owners is usually huge.  I just think you left value on the table with that move.  
I always appreciate different perspectives ....  

I am expecting the value of the 1.01 to depreciate this year.  I just don't see Najee Harris as a "clear cut #1 Dynasty Pick".  

I was leaning toward taking Pitts at 1.01 over Harris or Chase.  My league is start 1-3 RB and I just picked up Chubb & D Harris.  TE & QB are my major deficiency.   So if I was taking Pitts, getting Sanders & TJ for Pitts was how I viewed it. 

Busts is always possible but 1.01 is a lot safer than most.  I'd much prefer getting someone with top 1-3 upside like Harris or Chase than someone with top 12 upside like Sanders/Moore.
I hear you. That kind of upside is good. And maybe our valuations are pretty far apart. I do think sanders has that kind of upside. People are pretty down on him right now. But I'm not. Moore, I'm not so sure about. And I don't know how anyone can know that a player has top 3 upside until we see them play. 

I always appreciate different perspectives ....  

I am expecting the value of the 1.01 to depreciate this year.  I just don't see Najee Harris as a "clear cut #1 Dynasty Pick".  

I was leaning toward taking Pitts at 1.01 over Harris or Chase.  My league is start 1-3 RB and I just picked up Chubb & D Harris.  TE & QB are my major deficiency.   So if I was taking Pitts, getting Sanders & TJ for Pitts was how I viewed it. 
But someone will.  It always happens.  (and I am not referring to Harris necessarily....but someone will have their clear cut guy whoever that may be) The fact you don't see a clear cut #1 is the reason to shop it for sure but I have no doubt that offer you received would still be available the day of your draft if you wanted it.  The 1.01 will always go up in value as the draft approaches.  It's the unbridled hope that the player someone wants will hit their absolute peak and the glamour that comes with having the 1.01 pick.  

I am with you in that I don't think there is a clear cut guy but you have 9 or 11 other owners that will think there is one guy they must have and that is why the pick will gain value as you get closer to the draft.  

Another deal....  12 Team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB  (TE 1.0 PPR - I JUST LEARNED THIS!! )

I gave up 1.01 and 2.05 

I received Phi RB Miles Sanders & Det TE TJ Hockenson 
I'm not a fan of this either.  I just don't see Sanders as good enough.  I get if you aren't a believer in Harris.  You probably could have moved down to 3 and taken Chase or Pitts and picked up a TE with it and more.  Hock has Goff now who hasn't really been great for TEs.

I hear you. That kind of upside is good. And maybe our valuations are pretty far apart. I do think sanders has that kind of upside. People are pretty down on him right now. But I'm not. Moore, I'm not so sure about. And I don't know how anyone can know that a player has top 3 upside until we see them play. 
I don't "know" but we are talking upside.  I agree on Moore but some people seem really high on him.  If you are that high on Sanders then this isn't a bad trade.  I just don't see him in that same light personally.

Looking for some advice/perspective....

10 team 0.5 PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2DL/2LB/2DB   Perennial contender, finished 2nd last year.  RB is a relative weakness (Chubb, Edmonds, David Johnson, Connor, Drake, Harris, J Wilson, Hyde)

Currently have Kelce, trade offer in place to trade him straight up for Mixon.  

I have draft pick slot 9.  I have good intel that Pitts will be drafted at slot 1.05 if not 1.04.  

Owner of 1.02 asking for 1.09, 2.09, 2022 1st and 2nd to move up to 1.02, where I can get Pitts.  

Is moving up for Pitts worth all that draft capital?  The Pro is resetting my TE position with a potentially dominant top 2 TE and increasing RB strength.  Con is losing all the draft capital. I've read 2022 will be a less talented draft class overall than recent years.  

Just made this one in 10 man PPR. My top 3 running backs are Henry, Aaron Jones and Zack Moss. After that, I don’t have much, and I feel like Davis can be a solid RB2 this season. Guy who had Davis is the worst team in the league.                                                                     Gave: 3.07, 2022 3rd                                             Got: Mike Davis 

Just made this one in 10 man PPR. My top 3 running backs are Henry, Aaron Jones and Zack Moss. After that, I don’t have much, and I feel like Davis can be a solid RB2 this season. Guy who had Davis is the worst team in the league.                                                                     Gave: 3.07, 2022 3rd                                             Got: Mike Davis 
Good move for you.  As a Davis owner I wouldn’t move him for 2 3rds.  I’d rather get an established player in a position of need for my team or hold onto him as a depth RB for my team.  

Honestly for me the fact he did what he did last year on two knees that required surgery has made me actually higher on him. But I'd still take the picks and AROB.
That is one way of looking at it and another is he had surgery on both knees in just his 2nd yr and his physical play seems to lead to getting banged up a bit. All good MB, perhaps that's all more perception than reality on my part.  

Looking for some advice/perspective....

10 team 0.5 PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2DL/2LB/2DB   Perennial contender, finished 2nd last year.  RB is a relative weakness (Chubb, Edmonds, David Johnson, Connor, Drake, Harris, J Wilson, Hyde)

Currently have Kelce, trade offer in place to trade him straight up for Mixon.  

I have draft pick slot 9.  I have good intel that Pitts will be drafted at slot 1.05 if not 1.04.  

Owner of 1.02 asking for 1.09, 2.09, 2022 1st and 2nd to move up to 1.02, where I can get Pitts.  

Is moving up for Pitts worth all that draft capital?  The Pro is resetting my TE position with a potentially dominant top 2 TE and increasing RB strength.  Con is losing all the draft capital. I've read 2022 will be a less talented draft class overall than recent years.  
Wrong thread - this one is for completed trades. Try the assistant coach forum, or reword a bit for this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/748837-dynasty-value-discussion-thread/page/241/#comments

I think this is a really solid move and think the other guy is selling low on someone that could be a solid player for this year at least.  These are the types of moves that can help you truly contend but aren't the prettiest.

Users who are viewing this thread